Is suicide politically incorrect?

Why is reddit and society in general against people trying to kill themselves painlessly?

it's a sin

That’s the old reason.

The modern reason is you need slave labor. Why do you think we’re importing monkeys from the third world?

Why can't you do it painlessly at home when its illegal? This doesn't make sense. Whats gonna stop me from heroing at home in a chair with a tank of helium?

There's literally no legal repercussions for your person if you kill yourself and they can't stop you from doing it inside your home anyway.

but that is wrong you fucking retard

It’s the saddest, most pathetic and hateful decision a person can make. I will forever feel more hatred in my heart than love for my friends who’ve killed themselves, because their selfish decision has so severely effected the lives of those around them.

Also don’t take anti-depressants, or anti anxiety meds kids. Unless you eventually want to join the ranks of the prematurely dead or become one of the zombified masses

You can do it without breaking necks and cutting arms or causing any other pain, people are just stupid.

By the way, Americans are still to estimate how many of their OD deaths are suicides. Everyone implies that most die by mistake rather than by design,

suicide is legal

Came to say this

It isn't, actually. If you fail, you could be charged for attempting suicide.

you will be "charged", but will be put into forced therapy
they make it illegal, so the police can interfere and save you, not like they will charge your body

It's not been illegal here since the 60s
But if you fail they can put you in a mental hospital as according the the mental health act

Nothing is gonna stop you hanz, reddit is still retarded

people dont know about painless things, they just drink bleach or cut their wrists, instead of ordering sweet painless death from amazon

I always liked the idea of suicide that japanese people have, honorful and painful, such is life

Suicide is a human right. Nobody gets to chose the circumstances of their birth, why deny them the choice of the circumstances of their own death?

>trying to kill themselves painlessly
unless you're physically unable to use a firearm or its just attention seeking.

interesting approach, so no faggy emo can get off easy, and only really commited people do it
you dont own nothing goyim
>shooting yourself in the head is painless

>don't an hero you selfish fuckstick
>but don't do anything to take away the desire to kill yourself

wat

he thinks anti depressants fuck you up, witch if you are only a lowlife looser and dont have the neurological illness "depression" is probably true.

Yeah but that user and I are burgers and knowing the absolute state a mental health care in this country, he probably genuinely believes the 'snap out of it' mantra.

only if you miss.

God isn't real.

*tips in fedora*

You're looking forward to sucking Satan's cock in hell aren't you

Because it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem in most cases. Because it hurts the people left behind deeply. Because it's a sin.

>ad hominem
>"Y-YOU'LL GO TO HELL!"
You sure convinced me, retarded christcuck.

just because you blew out part of your brain doesnt mean you die instantly, and dont feel pain.
sure
have chronic illnes from birth, hurr hurr god loves you, just because you are in pain all the time doesnt mean you are allowed to end your life goyim

even if he was wrong, just because allah doesnt permit soemthin doesnt mean it should be the law for christians and atheists and vice versa

suicide is degenerate.

almost anyone can be happy if they have something to strive for, a community to live with and a a fulfilling work to do. feeling like shit for a few months doesn't justify throwing away your life.

should have got bigger gun.

>because it's a permanent solution

This quibble is useless. When you have a problem, the best solution is a permanent one. You don't "temporarily" solve problems.

>because it hurts people left behind

Because forced to suffer for the sake of others is far more selfish.

>because it's a sin

I swear you faggots fail miserably at trying to prove your creed every time.

I use to think of suicide.(Mainly due to the fact I felt like I was a disgrace to my family and I would end up only being someone who sucks resources away from society while giving nothing in return.) I never went through it due to the fact that if I did it I wouldn't want my parents to find my body and blame themselves for it. Though they were part of the reason I felt so insecure. I prayed everyday god would kill me. Then my appendix ruptured and I didn't say anything cause at the time I didn't want my parents to worry. I almost died and went "well fuck" I don't actually wanna die. I thought I did cause I thought I was a burden to those around me but fuck that noise and fuck those people who made me feel like that. It was a wake-up call desu. I was letting other people control me and was even going as far to end my own life to make other people feel happy.

So that's why I will never make a blanket statement of "All people who commit suicide are selfish" Simply put it's not true. For some they think about it outa self hate. Others think about it as a way to get revenge. It depends from person to person. And though I still get suicidal thoughts when I feel like a burden I'll never go through with it. Mainly because fuck those people as I said before. If they actually loved me or cared they wouldn't want me to feel like that in the first place.

See, I use to think. Wow, if the people who "love" me think I'm this bad then everyone's going to hate me. But then I started to interact with others more and realized it wasn't true.

I basically live my day to day life just as lonely as I use to the only difference now being that I don't want to give the people who hate me the satisfaction of seeing me die. I want to live long enough to have a beer, find all their graves, and piss on them.

or you could just not shoot yourself, and gas yourself instead, put on an nice nazi costume and gas yourself, would probably be really funny, or a jew costume

>if somebody was going to kill themselves they'd care about the legality of it
What?
How would you even punish suicide anyway?

>I use to think of suicide
Shoulda put way more often here.

"they make it illegal, so the police can interfere and save you, not like they will charge your body"
if it was legal you could pay somebody to suicide you, witch is better then cut opening your arm

Nobody cares if you will feel hatred, it's their fucking life not yours. So don't be so spoiled.

I agree that those suffering from chronic, uncurable, debilitating, and painful conditions should have an option to end their own lives. Almost anyrhing is something that can be overcome. Your argument, though, sounds an awful lot like women who abort because "they weren't ready" or because "it would mess up their lives".

As far as being "forced to suffer for the benefit of others" goes, I suggest two things. Talk to the families a suicide has left behind. Read "On Providence" by Seneca.

It's okay that *you* don't think it's a sin in the eyes of God. I do. Hate the sin, not the sinner. Jesus loves you whether you think so or not. That alone should be enough to keep you in the game. In the case of those with terminal illnesses, like I mentioned above; that's a scenario that affords the suicide to opportunity to make peace with their families and God and come to an understanding that minimizes the pain. A lot of the residual pain others feel comes from their never knowing the "why" of it all.

If you're going to slit your wrists then you weren't serious anyway.
Noose and a shot through the head, otherwise you're a pussy after attention.

They are scared at the thought because if it was that easy they might of done it themselves at some point.

I always thought qbout this. Ive never wanted to live qnd continue to entertqin struggle, yet none of my tax contribution has gone to some method via which i can painlessly die. It looks like my only alternative is to splat off the nearest bridge, there is seemingly no other option around

SUICIDE IS PAINLESS

>shoot yourself
>be reatarded fo the rest of your life because dumb burger
nice, why get a lethal painless injection when you can also go full diy and blow some random part of your brain out.

IT BRINGS ON MANY CHANGES

>almost everything can be overcome

Demonstrably false.

>talk to the families a suicide has left behind

My rights do not end where your feelings begin. Being forced to endure unrelenting suffering because other people feel bad is selfish.

>jesus loves you

Prove Christianity let alone God is real. I used to be Christian, until I realized all the nice sayings are meaningless when there is absolutely no evidence for religion.

get helium on amazon, get a breathing mask, get a connection, breath helium, deplead you body of oxygen, while breathing out co2, no feel that you are dyeing, just get tired and slleep and die

Leftists don't want people to kill themselves because the mentally ill are their voter base.
Imagine if you made it legal for people to kill themselves, like you could buy a suicide kit at the Walmart and have a number you can call to pick up your body.
What kind of people do you think would do it?
It's much for beneficial for the left to keep these people drugged up and use them to prop up the big gov because they all need muh free healthcare to cover their fee fees.

Look, I gave you reasonable responses and, yet, here you are coming back with some edgelord bullshit. Why even bother replying? It's also okay to disgree. Don't kys over it, bru.

>implying you'd survive a pointblank shotgun fired from within the mouth followed by a noose
>implying the extremely low risk of survival is even a factor in the mind of somebody that isn't just an attention whore faggot and instead actually wants to kill themselves
Nah.

imagine the headlines, lmao

If I ever decide to kill myself this will be it. Dress as a fucking rabbi and wear a big fake nose while gassing yourself.

People who commit suicide ARE selfish. They don't think about the family that fed them, clothed them, housed them, all in the hopes that they would be able to survive on their own and succeed.
Unless you have no family which means you are a nigger or at least half nigger

In most circumstances suicide is a bad choice. I tried killing myself twice before, and I'm glad I didn't because my situation has improved since then. Something like terminal illness makes since, but most suicides are irrational reactions to temporary circumstances and states of mind.

>edgelord

So you literally have no argument? I actually agree with abortion so you have no point to make at all. Your argument is primarily a religious one. For it to have merit you'll need to prove Christianity is true.

You can judge people for their decisions, but at the end of the day it's their life- not yours.

Simple, government is losing too many tax payers to suicide. They prefer to tax us to old age, then stick us in a facility to be killed by overpaid nigger nurses.

would be amazing, best do it infont of a holocaust memorial at night, so police might think somebody legit gassed a jew.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB! Haha, Christcucks btfo

>I'm glad I didn't because my situation has improved since then

For many people they don't improve. I've tried before and don't regret it and honestly wish I had succeeded because life has gotten worse, not better.

>something like terminal illness

There are a plethora of physical and mental conditions that cause unamemable suffering such as treatment-resistant depression which isn't terminal. Terminal illness isn't the only thing.

>most suicides are irrational

Depression =/= mental incompetence. Try harder.

The only time suicide is acceptable is if you are dying from a painful terminal illness. Nitrous oxide is my preferred way out. How bout you guys?

Nice argument. You convinced me!

The fact that was your response shows you didn't read. You saw what you wanted to see. Fuck you and people like you.
Also my family growing up treated me like shit. My father beat me until a divorce happend. My mom constantly reminded me of how happy she would have been had she not had kids.I was made to feel like a burden from birth. The only reason I didn't kill myself is that when I was close to death I had a dream that everyone who hated me was laughing at my grave.

Fuck off.

Same here bro, glad you got out of it

I lost my job and had no money and no hope left and was test fitting belts from the rafters of my basement seeing if they would support my weight, also sliced various parts of my body with an olfa knife to see if slicing my jugular would be quick and easy

Fast forward two years later and I am making bank and loving life, it is crazy how things change. I have everything I want to buy and a lovely wife

>acceptable

To whom? It's my life, not yours.

read

Why should I care about friends that dont even talk to me, family that has neglected and abused me? Not like anyone calls me up to shoot the shit, asks me to go out to shows, already been ran out of the anime conventions and gamer meetups for being an evil white male.

So Im selfish if I blow my brains out because I have no friends, a shitty family, no job prospects, student loan debt Ive payed 3 times over that I borrowed a decade ago yet owe the 3x the principal because the government filed deferment after deferment without my permission, and to top it off, no benefits for my time in the military. No healthcare. No foodstamps. Im stuck scraping by living at home starving while my dad pays 2x the house payment on timeshares he never used once.

Yeah, Im the jerk in the whole situation after being fucked over by every school, church, job and community I ever associated with.

But hey, baby boomers can always import a million more shitskins and give them jobs, church will give them clothes and homes and food and money. Anything to keep those social security checks rolling in from the big government.

It's obviously always going to be a problem but nobody wants to deal with it.
The correct response is to make it state sanctioned IF certain conditions are met. You'd have to agree to see a therapist for a set time before hand. If you still plan to go ahead then the state will do it no charge as long as you sign an organ donor agreement.
The first part would save more lives than the current method of just ignoring the problem.
The second means at least someone else would benefit.
Also those pricks who call it selfish can go die in a fire. Unless you have kids it's still your life.

Suicide is irreversible, circumstances and psychological issues are generally reversible. If there's any chance future you could say "I'm glad I'm alive", then it would be worth preventing you from making a permanent and drastic decision.

Pic related. it's you

Not in america. Lmao most they do is give you a prescription for prozak and valium, send you home. Mental hospitals in america are just places moms go to gwt away from trouble and their annoying kids.

What I find cute is that typically the same people who advocate for tighter gun control laws because of the ease of use for suicides are also pro medical suicide.

>suicide is ok if you pay a jewish doctor that attended a decade of jewish colleges

He was basically quoting your arguement you dimwit

Pfh. My parents never even knew these thoughts you fucking dip-shit. I bet you secretly want to die so you go around projecting your insecurities on to others. Or maybe your just a selfish fucking person in general so you assume everyone else must be. Why would I even bring it up to my parents if I didn't want to be a burden you moron. Once again proving you didn't even read the original reply. You see whatcha want to. Thank for proving it yet again.

>suicide is irreversible
We've been over this many times ITT. This does not preclude someone from having the freedom to make that decision. Whether it's permanent or temporary has no bearing. It's my life, not yours.

>psychological issues are generally reversible

Wrong. Upwards of 30-40% of depression does not respond to treatment.

>if there's any chance that you might regret your decision then we have to prevent you

Eat a dick. I have the freedom to make choices including ones I might regret. My decision does not have to be the right one in order for me to have the freedom to make that decision. Nearly everybody who dies from smoking regrets starting. People still have the freedom to smoke. The freedom to not make wrong decisions makes freedom is general absolutely meaningless.

Meant to quote

Not an argument.

>if you might regret your decision we have to prevent you

learn what having the freedom to make decisions including ones you might regret is.

They may seek a symbolic death secular world can't give them. They pick a real one. Allahu akbar.

It's not your life. You're part of a society and sometimes you can't always get your way. Grow up.

No. One. Cares

Wrong. It is. I did not choose to be born, I have no saying in the circumstances of it. Thus I do not need your permission to exit it. Me being a part of society ia absolutely meaningless. Everything we do affects others. My freedom does not end where your feelings begin you tremendous faggot.

Also way to ignore the entire post kek.

I'm not a pussy. If I secretly wanted to die I'd be dead lol.
Stop playing the victim and grow up you fuckin coward. Or kill yourself. Those are the options

Gun suicides can also fail.

Clearly the guy below does.
HA. Says suicide is wrong. Precedes to tell someone to kill themselves or they are a coward. That implies killing myself would be brave in this case. You can't do something selfishly yet be brave. You contradict your self you fucking tit.

>Stop playing the victim
You are an idiot. I hope you get beat for the rest of your life.

>Also way to ignore the entire post kek
Except for the depression part, your entire post can be boiled down to previous pic related. It's such a self-centered view of life, and it is incorrect in a technical sense.

Months. Oh child. No try decades.

>your entire post can be boiled down to

Your entire post can be boiled down to "MUH FEELS". My man.

Let's get one thing straight. Someone regretting their decision does not equate to them not having the freedom to make that decision you idiot. Smoking is an excellent example of this. The freedom to make decisions includes the freedom to make the wrong decisions.

>it's a self-centered view

My freedom does not end where your feelings begin. I do not have to come begging to you or the state on my knees for permission to kill myself. It IS my life. Not yours. I had no saying in the circumstances of it. The "right to life" without the right to death is meaningless.

>don't kill yourself because it's selfish
>don't take meds that might help you not kill yourself
>don't kill yourself because i'll feel bad about it
99,63% sure you have ovaries.

Top Kek. Basically can sum this up to "live in misery until your life changes by chance"

If you didn't have such an atomized view of life, and understood that you are part of society whether you like it or not, you might feel a sense of responsibility and community which has been lacking in your life, and then you might not feel so depressed and suicidal.

you dont own your own body goy

Well when I was depressed it was due to a view of owing society something despite how fucked up my life was, that despite society not helping my personal statues but in most cases making it worse I owed them something. It wasn't until I said no fuck society that I finally stoped being depressed. After almost dying I realized not everyone has can contribute as much as others and that's ok. As long as you try it's ok.

Here's the thing. I don't promote suicide but I do realize that not everyone who does it does it out of a place of selfishness.

I do think suicide is kind of a dumb thing to do if you're depressed, but it's justifiable if you're in real deep financial or legal shit, as well as if you have some sort of serious disease.
We actually have legal euthanasia here for that, and honestly every country should adopt this practice, as well as death penalty.

Great argument. You sure convinced me. It's the "sense of community and responsibility" in which why I am in this position. If it wasn't for my parents feeling a sense of responsibility to procreate and passing on their shit genes, I would have never come into existence to suffer. I have no obligation to make you or others be happy for the sake of my own.

One of three arguments was religious. I also suggested that you read "On Providence" by Seneca (who was absolutely not Christian). Watch yourself with that edge, bru.

I would never kill myself just because it would make my mom really sad.

> I have no obligation to make you or others be happy for the sake of my own
You do though. That's what laws are for. If you try to commit suicide, we will lock you up somewhere where you can't attempt again.

Wow that was really pure user. You are too pure for this board.

Laws have nothing to do with happiness nor are they for making others happy at the sake of others you idiot. Laws are for people not being able to infringe on the rights of others. As it currently stands there is no law requiring me to suffer so others can be happy. Feel free to point out such a law.