mega.nz/#F!VNdzDYYK!nK9fNU3LeprlZSbRAnlsRg
pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ
docs.google.com/document/d/1_wOtTltdwZhHK0UKaV1AelPcA-K70SdWPcY3FTBJGnA/edit
youtu.be/F9hagVL-__c
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30194919
youtube.com/watch?v=a-iRhcEVYtI
melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000191607
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that Beako will outlive Subaru.
Reminder that she will still be a little girl on the inside when it happens, likely unable to cope with the fact that her fatheru left her, sad and alone.

Echidna is a monster.

No. Emilia was a broken mess, her actions are more a mimicking of Subaru's overall behavior toward her and what she assumes Subaru wants to hear.

>Previous stuff

mega.nz/#F!VNdzDYYK!nK9fNU3LeprlZSbRAnlsRg

>For animefags looking to continue the story

pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ

>Alternative master resource

docs.google.com/document/d/1_wOtTltdwZhHK0UKaV1AelPcA-K70SdWPcY3FTBJGnA/edit

What's important is that Beatrice finally got out into the world. I'm sure Subaru is hoping she can learn to connect with other people besides himself so that when he truly dies she'll still have other people she can call friends.

>thread song
youtu.be/F9hagVL-__c

Doesn't matter had sex applies to kisses too.

Echidna is a good mom who did nothing wrong.

Except for creating an un-ageing child who will never be able to grow up and mature and then tricking her to stay trapped in a lonely library for centuries where she eventually gets fed up with life and begs for someone to kill her because she literally can't do it herself.

A child, begging for death. Nothing wrong with that.

Would you let her rip your limbs off.

You're not a bad person right user? So it won't hurt at all.

That probably was one of the most despair inducing loops I've ever witnessed. Subaru planned for so many things to happen only for it to all go wrong.

She just sounds like an advocate of equal employment opportunities. Children are often discriminated in the job market after all.

Does Minerva just follow her around or do not-guilty people also get screwed over?

Apparently someone a theme for Regulus Corneas using Vocaloid.

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30194919

>the only consistencies this loop were elsa and the ass hair murdering literally everyone

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THE MEATSACKS?

So Subaru has to convince Emilia not to mindbreak herself, convince that fucking Clown not to go all snowblower, grannypile Garf or magically convince him to go with him to the manor, ensure the hot vampire stays hot, and get back to Sanctuary with Betty without being meatballed, right? Did I miss something? This is supposed to be the last loop, so how the fuck is he going to pull it off?

Every thread until Rem wakes up.

Final talk with the witches on the third encounter, remade resolve, some plan making, mobilizing people for help, fight with Garf to force him to do his own trial completely, making a bet with the clown about the outcome of the loop, stopping Elsa and rescuing everyone, convincing Beatrice properly to join him, fighting off the rabbits.

Something like that.

Is it time for Remposting?

So, what is this? One of his rants converted into a song?
>so how the fuck is he going to pull it off?
A kissu.

The thing is. He isn't. His solution for Emilia is an emotional and genuine one that keikaku types can never think to come up with the first time, unless they replicate it but then they'd have to stumble upon it first. That's where this Subaru differs from the AU one. He is showing his friends that he trusts them to overcome their own bullshit and solve the problem instead of mainuplating them every step of the way.

>That kiss
Are we not supposed to ever like Emilia? Everytime something happens regarding their development it just turns me off from her more.

Not really her fault since she was completely mindbroken.

You're not really supposed to like that scene's romantic elements given that he's being eaten alive. It's just supposed to reveal a bit of how Emilia feels about him to Subaru while showing how utterly fucked things got.

Emilia really is weak-willed for a main heroine.
Not a Remfag, but there's no surprise people like her a lot better.

I don't understand how is it possible for the author not to give his main heroine more of a backbone, and a stronger personality.

Just like how we weren't supposed to like Subaru at first due to how much of a fucking idiot he was, i don't think we're supposed to like how dependent and weak she is to certain things.

Hell, she's extremely ignorant of the world too, she didn't even know what the witch cult was, probably due to Puck not wanting to give her information and pampering her too much.

The other issue is that Emilia, for how important she is in the story, fails on the most basic levels of qualifying for her "heroine" status.
>Appears in Arc 1, but in the final loop does almost nothing and doesn't do anything of importance in the first loop besides introduce herself and give exposition. Subaru might want to prevent the murders, but he's hardly given proper motivation for risking his life to save these people from a different universe he just met.
>Arc 2, all she does is have some benign conversations with Subaru that were half exposition and half repetitive passive deflections of Subaru's flirting. Not to mention Puck dominates most of the conservation with Emilia only interjecting sparsely.
>Arc 3 she's barely around at all. She does have a scene where she scolds Subaru but development wise all it does is exemplify how loosely her and Subaru are connected at this point. Yet Subaru still goes above and beyond, driving himself insane, just to save her at the end.
>Arc 4 she gets the most development, but by this point we're thousands of pages into the story and we're already in love with Rem. We're left to wonder why Subaru loves Emilia so much. The expectations are high for her when she finally has the spotlight and she just flounders and demonstrates how utterly boring, safe, and neutral her personality is.

Rem at least had development as a character and did a number of insane and interesting things both for Subaru's sake and to advance the plot. Emilia was nothing more than a piece of ass for the first third of the series and when she finally gets development she does nothing to win us over from Rem.

The biggest issue is a lack of motivation. Tappei never thinks to give us a reason for Subaru's obsession with Emilia beyond "She's hot".

I don't know what the fuck is happening right now but all that shitposting last thread clearly destroyed any civility this thread

He does but it's not very much explored and the anime could have used the one scene that lays it out in clear terms. It's simple and kind of depressing.

>Whenever he was beside Emilia, he never failed to feel invigorated and excited. That’s why there wasn’t anything worse for him than getting the cold shoulder like this. ‘What’, ‘when’, Subaru fell into a panic as he raced to find what he’d done to put her in a bad mood.

>If he got rejected by Emilia then he’d be all alone in this world. In this world Emilia had become his sole meaning of existence.

>As the wheels in Subaru’s head started grinding, the way he defined himself worked itself in a bad direction. His vision dimmed as nerves in his head screamed. A dark emotion crept up in his heart. He subconsciously understood this was the same as the dark hand he’d seen before. His lips trembled as the negative emotions started to run wild.

>“That’s enough of that, Subaru.”

>A voice resounded in his head unexpectedly, snapping him out of his stupor. Subaru opened his eyes in surprise. The words uttered felt like they were whispered directly into his mind. In front of him, Puck rested on top of Emilia’s hood, rubbing his own belly while gazing out towards Subaru.

>“This looks like a pretty bad sign to me, so I’m here to put a stop to it. I’d hope you wouldn’t do anything improper with my daughter. I don’t want to come to hate you.”

How is that post uncivil?

Oh come on user, you know its more than that.

>Tappei never thinks to give us a reason for Subaru's obsession with Emilia beyond "She's hot"

We both know that's not true.

I think the unprepared sheltered girl thrust into the world effect worked a bit too well. The LN version is rectifying this and having her be more of a leader as a follow-up to helping with the evacuation of the villagers by having her declare she'll set everyone free so we at least get the feeling she's trying.

Because it's not bashing on Rem or blindly fellating Emilia, I guess? I can only hope that post is being ironic about incivilities.

Subaru's attachment is incredibly inexplicable and almost always boils down to "he just is," even in that example. His one major interaction with her in the very first loop, where she saved him from the thugs, is the only concrete thing forming the basis of his affections for her. I would list the lap pillow where he completely broke down to her, but he was already a complete memeboy for her by that point.

The best explanation is that his blind devotion to her is strongly tied to Satella.

Eh its more about the psychology before he got isekaied to be honest, you need to keep in mind what Subaru was like in arc 1 trying to do magic and finding his designated "main heroine".

I just posted another reason. It's because he has nothing else and it holds off an isekai related existential crisis. She's also an extension of his fantasy hero delusions and he had a sense of entitlement about getting the girl. The reasons are just the 'wrong' reasons so you might overlook them outside of a type tragedy that says a couple deserves doom and gloom for falling in love for the wrong reasons.

>If he got rejected by Emilia then he’d be all alone in this world. In this world Emilia had become his sole meaning of existence.

That's my point though. Why? Subaru being magically teleported to a new world and the questions of why he got isekei'd and whether he might want to go back home are only brought up briefly in passing in the LN/WN and that's it. He goes from 0 to EMT and his motivations don't extend beyond that. He barely struggles to accept he has this weirdass immortality either. Anyone else in that situation would probably be hunting for answers rather than putting all their focus on scoring some elf pussy.
Well obviously yes there's slightly more but I'm making a point. Emilia really doesn't do much. Her personality is weak and passive, and there's not much to say about her other than that she's "nice". At least with Rem she and Subaru had bantz and Rem made incredible sacrifices for him. Emilia's dialogue and motivations are normally just flat and boring.

The problem is that this show's central premise is suffering. How do you justify countless deaths and psychological torment if there's no compelling reason to do so? It's not there's zero development between Subaru and Emilia, but there's nowhere near enough to make the plot coherent or compelling. Subaru just seems to be suffering for the sake of it. It's odd that Tappei would wait until Arc 4 to finally develop the character that serves as the pillar for why Subaru does anything and yet fail to make her as compelling.

But for him to still be clinging to that, this far in, after everything he's been through or realized about the world, is rather suspect.

Subaru and Rem have so much in common that it's no wonder they got so close, but Emilia's character traits are fairly limited. She's got severe abandonment issues, she's incredibly naive and sheltered, she's too kind for her own good, and she's slightly petty and jealous. Her only trait that Subaru ever really focuses on is her kindness, and her elven features. For him to see her as one of his many friends that he couldn't bear to lose, fine, makes complete sense.

But for him to consistently claim to put as much dedication in on her behalf, wanting to devote himself to her, makes little sense.

Yeah, but he eventually got good, or at least decent, and whether shit or not, he as the MC was always present.

Emilia isn't only a weak-willed heroine, she's also uninteresting, and lacks the amount of presence a main heroine should have.

My feelings exactly.

But that isn't anywhere nearly enough.
That would be great for some side character, but Emilia is the bloody main heroine, mate.

She's one of the characters that should make you interested in them and as an extension, make you interested in the story.

If a main character isn't interesting, then that character shouldn't be a main character.
The fact some people even go out of their way to claim Rem is the real main heroine (even though she clearly isn't) is a testament of how weak a main heroine Emilia is.

I don't see it has him clinging to it still more than he is just sticking to his guns and not really having much of a way out. As cynical as that sounds. After the first arc he was no longer really a blank slate and this was further compounded by the second arc. By the time the third arc rolls by he has a job, a girlfriend, a home, and several people in his neighborhood that he would rather keep around and live with. I guess in a lot of people's perfect version of this story he would realize what he wanted was in front of him all along and only go for Rem as it shows his better grasp on reality. But holy hell is that just asking for a shitstorm so let's stop that train of thought. He's already made an ass of himself in the court and even if it were toned down a ton they seem to get along well enough and have spent just enough time for him to have feelings for her by this point. So the question becomes, well why wouldn't he stick to his guns?

Good night, /rzg/. Sleep tight, Potato.

Not a general

This is 100% headcannon but Tappei seems like the type to link his obsession to Emilia with Satella. We are told that they look eerily similar and their is some kind of past Subaru and Envy have together that's heavily foreshadowed.

From a factual point of view, relying on how in-depth Tappei's characterisation of Subaru is, he's shown to be quite insecure and pulls off grand displays or autistic levels of heroics to cope with his environment. Now out of nowhere comes Emilia who is basically his beacon and angel in a sense. Emilia tickles his heroic personality to the max, he's a people pleaser, his twisted sense of obligation turns easily into obsession. His undying motivation and autistic levels of desire to help her and stick to her like glue can be linked to his personality, he's chivalrous, desperate and childish clinging to his beacon like a child does to their mother. Undergoing so many traumatic experiences with someone you subconsciously cling to is bound to increase his levels of obsession and affection to insane heights, creating the retard we know today. Basically his love is a result of trauma

Subaru is the type of retard to try one-up himself every chance he gets. Though this seems to change in Arc 4

>constant threads even with no new discussion
>chock full of cancer

>not a general

>self-imposed stockholm syndrome
Woah

Can you guys believe it? We actually just got an exclusive interview with the creator of the official Re:Zero OVA series! Could this mean more episodes, or a season 2?
youtube.com/watch?v=a-iRhcEVYtI

Putting aside everything else for the time being, I thought the first arc handled it well actually. Yes, he may have started searching for answers. If, and it's a big if, if he wasn't accosted by thugs and then met Emilia. He may have wanted a hot sunmoner girl, but he didn't find one. One hot non-summoner girl found him. And to have a friendly face with some kind of goal is a big help when you have no other goals of your own and looking for answers anyway. You also don't want to pass up the chance to do so in a world where everyone is a stranger. That he was later killed along with Emilia made him invested in making sure she doesn't die. Well, because it's the right thing to do. As bare bones as that sounds. Could you walk away in good conscious knowing she would die in a few hours? I'd like to believe most people would try something. Certainly not as far, yes. But for a glory seeker with delusions? This is irresistible.

I don't do much around Sup Forums, so I assume my filtering of "OVA" won't hide too much conversation here.

Tappei wrote Emilia way too much like a main character, one that starts off as a completely blank slate with the old mysterious background. He's building her up rather than starting her off at 100%. This is shown by the fact that Emilia has very limited knowledge of the world and has opened up in several ways as a result of Subaru's involvement in her life.
The problem arises from the fact that Tappei gave way too much screen time and development to other characters before proper establishing Emilia as something other than some fine elf ass. Arc 4 should of happened before arc 2 and 3 then we'd see Emilia's struggles and backstory and empathise with her as a character early on. Frankly yes, before Arc 4 she was just bland flirt bait but at this point its nice seeing her vulnerabilities and insecurities since it makes her more tangible as a character and not a goal for Subaru

Saving her isn't the problem. Anybody who isn't the fucking Clown would have saved her, knowing what would happen. It's his utter devotion and his constantly trying to win her heart that are out of place. Being on her team, supporting her as a friend, etc, would all be perfectly understandable, even to go above and beyond for her, like he does the rest of his friends, would be fine. It's just the sheer extent to which he goes above and beyond for her that seem out of place.

Seems to be a problem on Subura's end, this is a guy who has trudged through so many traumatic experiences only to come out mentally intact. He is shown to be a gigantic autist

Oh, no, it's definitely a problem with Subaru. Emelia's a fine character, she's just never been made out to be serious LI or main heroine material.

You'll find very few people seem to actually have a problem with Emilia, and focus more on Honda's blind devotion to her.
That said, Emilia and Rem are such different characters that it's no wonder Remfags and Emiliafags can't get along.

That's the big problem, though.
She started getting developed by arc 4, but the MC development should be there from day 1.

Unless Tappei is planning to make Re:Zero a super long series, then maybe Emilia's very late development wouldn't be a problem - and even then, the development she got in arc 4 didn't make her an interesting main character. However, I don't think Re:Zero will last more than 3-4 volumes.

I think it's something like 10 or so planned arcs.

If Subaru was a disgusting neckbeard, he'd make more sense

Dunno, if he plans on going for longer, then good.
If he can make Emilia earn her position as main heroine (and as a compelling one) I will gladly eat my words, but that's nothing but potential right now, and I've seen far too many times potential gone to waste in these type of media.

Although I'm closely examining it more and really I'm starting to think it's a little overstated with his devotion to Emilia. At least from a romantic perspective.

I'll start with the outline of his basic motivations

Arc 1- Good Samaritan/moralfag
Arc 2- Preserving his new way of life, saving the maids (this is the second wind that allows him to succeed), and of course the deitto
Arc 3- Arc 1 + a bit of 2, again. This is the arc most people get this Emilia obsession thing from so this will be where I'll focus my points.
Arc 4-Not getting assraped by rabbits in a death trap for halfbloods or gutted by Elsa, also everyone in his general vicinity is gonna fucking die

In the LN version he even says he's not too sure how he feels about Emilia even after asking her out on a date in Arc 2. It's not until Arc 3 where he goes off the rails into full blown autism. He's becoming desperate as it turns out being a servant doesn't mean he gets a spot as an "MC" in Emilia's story. He also never dropped his otaku baggage completely even after dying a bunch. So we get him going memeboy and that's an apt description. The meme version with blind devotion, except it's firmly established to be selfish attention whoring in the hopes of his entitlement being fulfilled. His words were even proven hollow, right? Despite being a memeboy he even said so in the From Zero moment that Wilhelm saw through him and he was about to give up on saving Emilia and the others. In a way, it's really become completely sincere relatively recently.

I wouldn't be so sure. Arc 3 was about 6 volumes and there are 11 arcs planned.

Well, I mean he kind of is. Tappei made him /fit/ because the existence of /fit/ proves that it isn't mutually exclusive and even someone weak as Subaru needs that a bit in fantasy world or he'd die even more.

>Emilia isn't only a weak-willed heroine
I'm pretty sure that's supposed to change in the second half of Arc 4. Of course, that's never been the key point of my disinterest in her, because I lost interest in her before I even realized she had that weakness or was particularly childish.

So, I heard people liked pictures of rem making Subaru blush.

Thank you

>Is something poking me?

This is my fetish.

I'm still getting vanilla vibes. So this is the power of Remu.

Oh no. I just had a thought. Would the royal selection rules really apply to him and Rem fucking?

Yes

I don't think it does, it only applies to candidates doesn't it?

That's one horny oni.

>Rem can make the dirtiest of kinks be vanilla as fuck

I remember this one doujin where Rem golden showers the automobile and I was pretty much okay with it despite hating bathroom play. Truly, even the most depraved of Rems is pure as a snow.

Yes. Or I think between a knight or noble and a candidate. It would help to have a translator clear this up for us. Which kind of makes sense. But you never know if it'll be forced on Subaru when it comes to Rem because fairness or some shit.

>I remember this one doujin where Rem golden showers the automobile and I was pretty much okay with it despite hating bathroom play.
I hope someone gets the digital version and uploads it some time, so we'll have a higher quality version available. Here, make my dream come true. For Christmas.

melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000191607

Its already up on Ex user

Yeah, but it's a low quality scan.

>tfw Emilia already thought he was 12-13

who up gimme draw requests

Subaru being a rad 90's kid

Drunk Ram asking the viewer to marry her like a christmas cake.

Ram and Otto pairing please

Elsa dressed up and acting like a stereotypical vampire.

I'm glad I infected others with this.
Combine them for the full drunken fling.

Ram mind.

Typhon ripping off someone's limbs and going "awww this one's rotten" while the dude screams in pain.

Subaru fedora tipping with his invisible providence power (authority of sloth) instead of his hand

Al like pic related

alternatively, do whichever you like best

What if the witches were actually normal girls who got their desires extremely twisted by the witch genes?

I thought that was obvious. Daphne's hunger certainly isn't normal.

Well Minerva was already pretty twisted in her way of thinking before she got her powers so.

My suspicion is that the Sins only accentuate what's already there, driving a mere personality flaw to the point where it becomes an all-consuming madness.

the information in the wiki seems to imply that the witches where born witches, but the gene didn't manifest until later, like typhon's backstory from the wiki: "When Typhon was a young girl, she was troubled with the concept of good and evil, and tended to watch her father execute people as a part of his job to find an answer. One day, she broke his wine cup, prompting her to confess her deed to him while fearing execution, though fortunately he accepted her apology, leading her to believe that the scale that measured a person's sin was inside of their own heart. Ever since then, Typhon began asking people if they were sinners, and brought down punishment to those that were guilty. "

>the information in the wiki seems to imply that the witches where born witches
Didn't Echidna say she used to be human?

No proper confirmation on that yet. Apparently Minerva's wrath steamed from her inability to do anything to change the world's pain, so apparently one day she could just use the power.

Not sure if they all developed then themselves due to extreme leanings towards a certain feeling or if the witch genes were a thing since before that and they happened upon it.

probably something like

>Minerva: Wanted to forcefully stop people from getting hurt, but her inability made her feel anger
>Sekhmet: So lazy she developed the invisible hands in order to have then do things for her and move her, so she'd be able to move as little as possible
>Camilla: seems like an extremely shy person, and probably lonely, her power made people fawn over her just by looking at her, to extremes
>Typhon: Father taught her that she had the power to judge and deliver judgment upon sinners, she tortured and killed then, so her power to be able to tell "bad people" apart from ripping limbs off may stem from that
>Echidna: thirst for knowledge gives her a book that details all the happenings in the world and possible futures
>Daphne: Insatiable hunger, that drove her to be able to eat anything at all, and make things out of herself i'd guess just to be able to eat said things
>Satella: ?????

That seems to be the case but it's worth noting the genes won't accept you if you aren't compatible enough and your flaws are what bring those powers out. Interesting enough Subaru's Sloth doesn't seem to require him to be slothful. So the way that power works is likely just a unique quirk and doesn't apply to most other witch factors.

Having parents would support them as being human, right? Or rather it wouldn't determine one or the other.

Well, we do know the Witch Factors seem to be able to jump hosts when their current hosts die. I don't think Subaru was even all that close to Regulus when he died. What if the Witches were just the most compatible hosts the Sins found when they were first released?
>Interesting enough Subaru's Sloth doesn't seem to require him to be slothful.
Isn't the hand said to be formed from his stagnant emotions?

Oh, then nevermind. I remember someone said he thought of things that pissed him off to bring out more hands. I guess that's not mutually exclusive to stagnant emotions though.

>Well, we do know the Witch Factors seem to be able to jump hosts when their current hosts die

Also not confirmed. That may be Subaru's case only.

Petelgeuse had a box with the witch genes of sloth inside, and he said "Sorry Flugel" before injecting then into himself to defend Fortuna's village. So apparently, it's something that can be touched and has a physical form.

Perfect.

>EMT skate
You are a saint

>to bring out more hands
I'm not sure that's what it was. I think he was trying to make the hand stronger that way. My guess is the hands form from a specific sort of rage and bitterness, rather than the general kind. Like the sort of, normally impotent, rage born from feelings of inadequacy and uselessness, but given form to allow those desires to be achieved anyhow.

The way the hand was described is that it does what the "slothful" Subaru cannot.

This is his path to becoming a real sage.

That makes sense. Poor Pete, when you have that knowledge in mind his power becomes a little sad.