Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

>NOW i have the high ground

anyone else thinking it'll be another 5 minutes of action and the rest talking? This ep was cutting it close

Helmwige can't job next week, the kit isn't even out yet.
He will job in two weeks. This next week we will get more MA shenanigans and the Vidar talk as you're saying.

There's Macky and Isurugi vs Galigali
Flauros deploys and helps Gusion and co.
Iok and Julieta do stuff

There's a lot to cover, and all of it involves mobile suits.

Helmwige Vs Vidar

Place your damn bets for next Sunday.

Vidar sucks, he has nothing but a lance and pathetic pistols.

>Machine capable of creating an infinite number of pawns and self repairing by harvesting resources.

I assume the Calamity War was a colony vs colony thing because only a retard would let one loose on Earth

Vidar can't literally job. His Mecha needs to sell for Christmas. After Christmas is done then it can job all it wants

Yeah. It's not as if anyone would be retarded to get close enough to a legendary death machine, get his ass beat, and later be pig-headed enough to think one half-assed sniper shot would be able to take it down.

In 3 episodes Vidar is going to dismantle TEKKADAN as we can tell by the episode titles, so it's pretty much a grantee that he will not job vs Helmwige.

Current popular theory seems to be it was a Mars vs Earth thing with Mars creating the MA and then losing control of them.

What a time for a Mars independence. It's like Choco-man really wants a 2nd Calamity War.

Haven't seen Dane in a while.

what if Age came after IBO and Sid was the last MA?

Did McGillis trick the guy into fighting Gaelio? Now Gaelio is gonna assume that McGillis?

Mars colonization was a failure in AGE though until the very end and something only attempted AFTER the big war.

Don’t think so, I almost expect McGillis to ask Isurugi to go after the MA and let him handle Vidar, people have to remember that McGillis is using Carta old Graze I wonder if Vidar will bring that up, considering she die in that machine after all

Nah, McGillis doesn't even know who Vidar is, much less that he's Gaelio or that gaelio is even alive. More likely it's because that McGillis can't be seen piloting Montag's MS. So he gave it to Isurugi to pilot and if someone asks they can bullshit and say it's Montag inside, and Montag is a big supporter of Tekkadan and kudelia so it wouldnt be weird for him to be on Mars.

how do we stop metal gear ray?

SPLIT IT WIDE OPEN

We send Iok to join it's team.

Gundam Flauros.

Is Vidar, Helmwige, or Hashmal going to be the final boss?

What was the deal with that kid taking a direct hit to the cockpit from that pink beam and being nearly unscathed? And a bunch of pointless bystanders got killed instead.

None of them are used to beam weaponry. It scattered around his armor.

Bael or some mobile armor we haven't seen yet.

Nanolaminate is apparently beam proof and acts as anti-beam coating (The little explosion that took out his arm was actually his uncoated rifle blowing up). If you notice, when it actually went to fight MS like Iok's guys it wasn't using the beam weapon on them.

Projectile being ineffective on target and redirects to cause collateral.
What's not to get?

I like to think Hashmal's beam is like a lightsaber.
It will cause magnetic/gravitational loops toward its target/s before releasing a plasma like projectile that will ride said magnetic/gravitational wave.
I can't say it's light; light strong enough to greatly impact solids require supernova level energies.

I could also be pulling shit out of my ass.
Hell, Hasmal's beam DUG through martian soil when it did its yawn.

Ooops, wrong pic.

We TA now.

So will the whole Mika/Atra/Kudelia thing ever get anywhere? Mika as a character is almost the same he was since episode one, it doesn’t really feel like he has any interested in a romantic relationship, let alone actually understand what’s that about.

I’m not even sure if Atra actually understand that either with the whole harem thing she is trying to force into others after her interaction with the turbines, considering how ignorant they are of almost everything outside of Tekkadan like Kudelia noted

If it's like most beams in Gundam its a super heated particle stream condensed and fired using magnetic fields.

I can buy it since the lore of Gundams being designed to fight Armors would justify it.

>half this episode was filler

Sorry I meant padding, there

I thought it was going somewhere when he kissed kudelia, but they did fuckall with that. Why even include that scene, the series would be exactly the same without it?

>Okada
>going somewhere
heh

I knew what to do the moment I saw this still.

TA?

I just caught up to this today. I fucking love Vidar.

Sup Forums piggu get out

An old videogame about self-replicating machine commanders assimilating resources and creating armies of autonomous drones to overrun planets while being trapped in an endless war with other self-replicating commanders long after their original creator factions had been wiped out.

Why are like 90% of the MS designs in this show so boring? Every single Graze and variant feels like a cheap made-in-China crappy knockoff of the Leo and GM.

And here I thought Graze were an obvious homage to the Leo while also looking good instead of shitty like the Leo did.

>Leo
>looking shitty
>while defending the Graze
Dumb IBOfag

Graze was perfectly fine.

Problem was 70% of all MS in the first season were fucking Graze and that absolutely sucked.

Second season has been a glorious constant reveal of new weekly MS so far.

I liked the premise behind IBO but the more I think about it, the more strange it seemed for a gundam series.

Outside of the obvious incongruous Okada writing and general lack of effort, how did they expect to sell cheap plastic with so few notable MS designs? It wasn't a good story or a good toy commercial, what was it even trying to do?

Not to criticize it, though I am criticizing it. I just don't understand what the Sunrise boardroom must have looked like when they were making decisions on how IBO's first season would play out.

>hetfags still desperately believing any of that was going to go anywhere as long as Mika was Mika and Orga was still around

Straights are literal retards. Why the fuck are there so many of you?

The Gundams are like twice as detailed as the boxy or spherical fodder.

Because gays can’t reproduce under normal circumstances, but you do have a point, Mika relationship with any of the girls won’t go anywhere until near the end of the show, only that way they can maximize the fujo money

I agree, season two has amazing designs. Ebikawa and Gyoubu have really stepped it up.

You also have to take into account that new Origin and Thunderbolt kits are coming out concurrently, as well as the usual HGUC, MG, RG, etc releases. Getting three or four IBO releases a month is about the limit I would assume.

I'm of the mind that Mars was mostly unmanned and they were created to keep people off of Mars.
But they got loose and started annihilating shit.

With how rattled people were when it came to the very notion of a gundam fighting without a pilot, it seems that they've gone full Dune(though shall not make a machine that mimics the human mind) with it.
OR those things have human brains in them.

Even more disturbing, is the idea that they had an entire quasi religion based on how much of their humanity they are willing to give up to become a pure gundam human hybrid so they can take down the dreaded machine menace.

People routinely undertaking such a dangerous procedure to become a user of gundam frames like mika seems like a last ditch desperation thing.

Then there's the whole making war into a game by creating AI and it eventually getting out of everyone's control. But with the whole "human debris" thing(an angle that I've never seen in gundam before) they have an easily replaced supply of machines again. One that would cost less and be easily taken care of.

Tell Guts that it's going to kill Lafter and hand him a giant jagged piece of metal that's roughly sword shaped and a battle axe.

Cue 3 eps of rip and tear.

Dude, Orga is banging Kudelia like a screendoor in a hurricane.

it seems that roles have been reversed with Vidar standing at the top looking down towards mcgillis. Mcgillis is so dead.

I dropped this like 9 episodes into season 1, is it worth catching up?

Season one is a chore to get through if you don't have a lot of patience. It's slow-paced, drawn out and rather boring. The payoff isn't even all that good. Blame Okada for most of that.

S2 is basically the plot of an Armored Core game translated into gundam and it's been pretty good for that so far.

>Why the fuck are there so many of you?
>What is basic biology for 500 houndred?, Alex.
Are you memeing us, or are you actually this retarded,tumblr?

To be fair, the first five episodes and the last four of season one were decent to good, it's just that the Turbines, Brews and Dort arcs were so bad that they really weighted down most of the good parts of the season.

For me, the payoff is actually season two.

Beams in IBO don't seem to emit heat like they do in UC series, so I'm wondering what the in-universe science behind them is.

I have nothing against this ship, but lets be honest is a shipper only thing, their relationship is as professional as it gets

If the beam itself is refracted/deflected, then it conveys little to no heat to the surface disrupting it.

>Turbines
Tekkadan has to prove itself in order to build its reputation, and get backing of Teiwaz
>Brewers
Akihiro has to have character development
>Dort
workers' revolt and massacre develops Kudelia and testimony strengthens case in Arbrau parliament.
I'm...not sure what the problem is with the Turbines/Teiwaz arc. I actually like the whole Space Yakuza thing myself
I think Dort arc was the worst but the events and their consequences were obviously more important than Brewers.

Every Gundam I've watched gets way better near the end. I blame 50 episodes.

Nobliss was actually a human shaped MA all along.

Where's Lafter?

They tend to do space opera poorly but climactic battles well

where do I get the rest of these?

Put nanolamination in everyone's sunblock.

gg, no re

Is it finally time?

That was for the sake of cheap melodrama in the form of a love triangle, nothing more.

That's how Okada writes.

I don't at all question the intent of each of those arcs in relation to developing characters and storylines. I just think they were poorly executed and paced.

For example, the whole deal with mistaking Atra for Kudelia was just plain retarded, and was pretty much unnecessary for the story. The Dort arc could have been done in three or four episodes not five or six. For the Brewers and Turbines arcs, they could have been truncated by an episode each.

>For example, the whole deal with mistaking Atra for Kudelia was just plain retarded, and was pretty much unnecessary for the story.
In the long term, it served as character development for Biscuit which had the ultimate purpose of making his death more meaningful.

>The Dort arc could have been done in three or four episodes
It was though? Ep 14 - arrival. Ep 17 - departure. And that's like half of ep 14 and half of ep 17 spent in Dort.

SOON is close to becoming NOW.

Make huge ass block of layers of nanolaminate arranged so that the beam is deflected back to the MA.

>still letting okada tag on your leash
>still taking the bait
>still expecting anything but NTR
Where is my fucking two-seater sunrise? All this hype for a single fanservice shot?!

You can tell Brewers arc is the moment when S2 was green lit and they had to pad the story the fuck out for the remaining episodes in order for there to be content in the second season.

No one said anything about two seats, just that two people would be in the mobile suit.
You're the one who misinterpreted the statement given.

No one said Yamagi would be in the cockpit either, it was only implied. And do you know what was also implied? That it wouldn't be a single fanservice shot but a continuous thing.

That's not going to work though. I mean, they can communicate with each other. The guy just has to say something and Vidar will know straight away it's not McG.

Who's that Pokemon?

Skarmory

Cookie and Cracka are dead?!

I don't really buy that
S2 has been so different from S1 I have some trouble believing they're even the same show.

I thin S2 was planned all along, and S1 deliberately left as much of the setting and background obscured as possible so it could just focus on setting up the character's and class-conflict theme. S1 sucked largely in part to how those constraints limited what kind of story it could tell. The haremship itself reeks of "what the fuck do we even write about?" which feels like it's the general sentiment that undermined all of S1.

I don't think that was Grandma's farm.

Those innocent farmers getting incinerated was remarkably graphic.

I'm not sure if this adlib wasn't an overkill. For a chara who's had no scenes with Yamagi and we know zero about how he really feels about him that's really a huge gap, almost immersion breaking.

Now watch them exchange words before going home like nothing happened.

>Hey McGillis, how's being a Seven Star?
>Oh, it's been a while Gaelio. Being a Seven Star is pretty fun, a bit more work than I imagined. How're your new coworkers?
>They're good people, although one of them's a bit overconfident and dumb. Mind if I come over and visit my sister?
>Sure, see you next week.

They're obviously going to be interrupted by the giant rampaging dino robot. Like, why do they think they're there in the first place?

At least a number of plot lines are coming to a head this episode

Reminded me of the destroy gundam scenes. Showing civilians blown up as a kid was rather disturbing.

Damn destiny was that long ago?

>It isn't time yet.

I can see it.

Do you think it's possible to create a cockpit with the MA?
How hard rooted is the AI?
>Mobile armours are pulverisers
HOLY SHIT.

So are these officially the toughest mook suits ever seen in a gundam series?

>The greatest damage to the suit was caused from the gun exploding in its hand
maybe

Shino is a huge man slut, something everyone seems to be forgetting.

>Shino is a huge man slut
So?

this is true

>I wanted to tap that.
>Why did it have to be Nadi?
>Even Chad is sad.
>My feet hurt.
>Blacked by the wrong guy.