Interesting Reads On Net Neutrality and FCC Regulations

Doing more research into the debate on net neutrality, I've put some time into actually investigating the FCC issue.

The original end-to-end principle is the center of the current debate, whether being done so by a dumb or a vertically integrated pipe. Proponents of net neutrality argue that the internet should be free and open to all content, regardless of the content. People against that think that they can pay for the content they'd like, but unfortunately you're at the hands of companies like Time Warner, at&t and Comcast which given the option would gladly shut down any voices of dissent(Time Warner's attempt to merge with CNN, which that along with Fox News are both propaganda outlets).

Before people make the argument "but it's not profitable", these companies even under Net Neutrality are pulling in tens of billions of dollars after their costs each year and it has steadily been increasing(look at the EBITA on any financial site). It's true that companies can have integrated pipelines and faster Internets for their subscribers, but would you put your trust into an ISP that wants to limit content the same way Google does?

Bots and company shills don't mention their exact operating costs for the current network infrastructure. They don't mention why these companies are moving from an end-to-end principle which former at&t engineers expressed the need for(1997 thesis by David Isenberg) to a toll gate/discriminating network. They call it "free market" despite these companies having direct examples of anti-competitive practices.

Not to mention, as discussed, 100,000s of comments were bots designed by these companies[TotalBiscuit]. Plainly put, I don't trust them.

Sources:
ieee802.org/3/ad_hoc/ngepon/public/sep14/harstead_ngepon_01a_0914.pdf
aei.pitt.edu/11742/1/1755.pdf
Book: [Net Neutrality or Net Neutering: Should Broadband Internet Services Be Regulated]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OMxfffqyDtc?t=2m43s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

too many cox

That is one way to put it.

Who cares? The internet died in 2013. Were all just passing time until it shuts off for good

I wouldn't say that. Companies have too much skin in the game to get rid of the Internet in its entirety. I'd argue that there has been a substantial push by certain companies to monopolize the Internet but there's no evidence that it's dead and technology is becoming more integrated with Internet services.

Fuck NN!
NN is a code words for Anti White!

#ItsOkayToBeWhite

#JusticeForPaddock

#LV

#NeverForget

I dont care. The internet sucks now and my phone spies on me. I hate this world

Hey cuck boy, stop drinking soy milk and actually read the books/thesis' published on this topic.

> that source
not science

I already have, thank you. And guess what, I hate comcast less than I hate the NSA.

It only sucks now because of the rampant collusion of some companies(clearly not Comcast, aT&T, Time Warner) and your phone spies on you thanks to neo-cons.

I think the Internet has the potential to be very good if these companies didn't lie/collude.

>Cablevision
>Midcontinent
>mediacom

wtf is going on in flyover country?

Not enough money for CharterCast

Thanks for looking into it.

Maybe my brain is shit but what is your stance on it? You against the FCC?

Don't even look at CableVision lmao

It depends on the extent of their ruling. If Ajit Pai didn't mention how these companies investments in 2003 compared to cable companies(a dying industry with ridiculous packages) throughout the proposed form, then there wouldn't be much of an issue.

It should come down to whether or not this is "a net positive or net negative to the consumer". I'd be for the ruling to cut some regulations IF there was an anti-trust law put in place which doesn't allow these companies to do their anti-competitive practices.

If there was a competitive environment which allowed private companies to give a good service, that would be fine.

The thing that urks me is that: 1) the chair of the FCC used to be a Verizon lawyer(clearly no collusion there); 2) they compare profits to an industry that is dying multiple times in their propsal; 3) these companies are well known for taking advantage of their customers.

youtu.be/OMxfffqyDtc?t=2m43s

I also don't like the FCC. This guy is a ex wireless lobbyist.

FCC are meant to be safety regulators to microwaves yet they hate safety.

If (you)- yes (YOU)- the fag who is reading this post right now-if (you) don't do something to stop the corporate-cratic forces of evil from seizing complete and total control on the internet and, by extension the mind of mankind, then (you) are nothing more than a sniveling coward living on his knees like a worm.

All you need to do is *search* for /letter to congress/, Ctrl +c the letter, paste in a word processor, modify the relevant details,I.e. "as an avid supporter of free speech and lifelong 'netizen',etc"....net neutrality must be maintained.....and then email that great work of literature that took 20 minutes to compose to every single fucking representative of your state, the fucking poo in loo behind this faggotry, and even the big Cheeto himself.

If you don't at least do that then you deserve to be enslaved by the kikes and die like a bitch on your knees

>cox
>cocks

You must be 18 to post here

>the internet should be free and open to all content, regardless of the content.

So you're saying that (((Net Neutrality))) prevented such censorship as the "shutting it down" (TM) of Chimpout, daily stormer, storm front, etc?

Whatever will we do without the government keeping us safe from censorship?

That is supposed to be the function of the FCC, but sadly I have no idea what made Trump elect him to be the chairman. On multiple occasions, the guy lied to the public on multiple media outlets about the extent and impact of the discrimination policy he proposes.

No. The government has done nothing in this case to prevent this, which iirc "hosting companies refused to permit its content on their servers".

Net Neutrality implies that the Internet should be free and open to all content, but if a hosting company doesn't want a website up because they are the platform hosting the website, then it's not up to the FCC and government.

A domain host is different from an ISP. Learn the difference.

The God Emperor doesn't support NN. I Trust Trump because I'm not a cuck or a shill.

We'll have to see what he says. I'm sure he'll make an informed decision once he has all the information.

So you're saying that the nice friendly corporations are going to protect voices of dissent? Surely they will welcome critical thoughtcrime on ***their*** internet!

Have you ever seen someone get their head cut off with a dull knife? It takes a few minutes for them to actually die. Anyone can get touched.