Is there any purpose to this character besides, "make everything worse" ?

Is there any purpose to this character besides, "make everything worse" ?

There is!
I'm actually working on a video right now that explains his purpose and backstory.

link me

Why? The gang would have died ages ago if not for him.

why didnt he just kill griffith before the eclipse

He did save Guts, Casca and the prostitute.

xDDD le bagserk is my favorite reddit meme
you sir are a gentleman and a scholar and deserve my upvote

>and the prostitute
Why is Scully such a bro?

>make everything worse
When is Skull Knight that?

He is more like the opposite. His presence provides a calm before the storm and suggests that there is much more out there that needs to be learned. He serves as a stabilizing force, as someone who has managed to endure for a long time and who is in control of his own fate despite the circumstances.

When he dies we will know that shit got real.

actually what's in the bag for above pic?

>"make everything worse"
>implying
Are we reading the same manga?

I can't stand Caska anymore I hope she dies.

I saw you in the other thread.

It's "Casca" by the way.

His job is to keep the plot moving forwards and build hype by being mysterious and powerful.

He is Berserk Loremaster.

Because of the flow of causality. Also what ould be the point to just end it like this.

I mean you don't create all this tension and plot to just end by; oh look based Skullknight has appeared, oh look he killed Griffith, fuck why ?

whatever it is she needs to die

Griffith is the only person in Gutts heart

Team bromance>>>>>>>>>gay romance

So what is the end game for Guts and Griffith?

Will they finally be equals?

He did help Griffith bring upon the new world with his sword.

>being THIS mad
wow

>Griffith fights with Guts
>Guts dies
>True Casca loses an arm but comes back
>Black swordsman arc all over again but this time with Casca and her party

Is dis art from alternative universe where Griffith raped Guts instead of Casca?

Both of them would have enjoyed it.

he was still collecting behelits

>I am outside of the idea's fairytale flow of causality like witches which is why witches and myself are a threat to the god hand

>oh wait I'm not outside the idea's flow of causality at all , my actions were entirely what Griffith wanted just like ganishkas, I'm just as much a part of his fairytale as any normal human or apostle

Has miura made a mistake with his writing?

Clearly skull knight is infact a part of groffith's fairytale. In which case why would Griffith kill witches when they're presumably part of his fairytale too?
And if skull knight is a part of the fairytale then why was he able to save casca and Guts?

Also, is skullknjght is able to cut off zodd's arms with ease then why doesn't he just cut off both of zodd's arms then cut off his head?

It's all the causality, user.

The idea controls causality and so is able to make it so that arrows always miss Griffith, the wind blows his way when convenient. Basically such that no person within his fairytale can be a threat to him.

Even all of ganishka's resistance was what Griffith/the idea wanted for his purpose.
So only people outside his "fairytale" are able to offer any genuine resistance .

Skull knight, the witches and gutts are outside the fairytale , along with people who spend too much time in close contact with them.

All good so far.

Except suddenly skullknjght is infact part of groffith's fairytale and all of skullknjght' schemes against Griffith, just like ganishka's , were what Griffith wanted and were something Griffith knew would go his way.

So what the fuck?
How does skullknjght have any special status if he is incapable of forming genuine resistance against Griffith just like ganishka, or any normal human or normal apostle?

Is this simply a prelude to the future realisation that guts and witches are not outside the fairytale either? And that all resistance to Griffith will automatically be rendered null and void or used for his advantage?

At the moment it is inconsistent for skullknjght to be a skave to the idea's fairytale but not the rest of guts and his companions.

just because Griffith was able to do stuff doesn't mean everything was part of the whole fate nonsense. Sure witches don't apply but they are still susceptible. Skull Knight was close to fucking up Griffith you could see it in his and Zodd's face when SK was gonna pull the sword on him but since he used it before it took notice to the godhand. If SK and Guts never needed to go through that portal Griffith would've been screwed.

Zodd's just an apostle, his surprise means nothing.
Griffith didn't even need to turn around . The scene shows him knowing that skullknjght was gonna teleport and attack him that second the same way he knew that the wind was about to gust and blow away ganishka , or the way he knew that ganishka was gonna try and use the artificial beherit womb on himself.

I don't see how you can interpret this as skullknjght being part of the fairytale like ganishka or any other normal human or apostle is.

>I don't see how you can interpret this as skullknjght being part of the fairytale
I thought you were the one saying SK was part of the fairytale or whatever. I was claiming he wasn't. If it weren't for that time that he used the sword of acutation in the Troll Cave he would have been able to kill Griffith probably. Just cause SK doesn't apply to the laws of casualty doesn't mean him, Guts, or anyone else for that matter are foolproof to any of the godhand. Only now they simply aren't affected by their bullshit. If Skullknight really was part of the laws of casualty then him saving Guts and Casca in the eclipse would make no sense.

sorry, I meant to write
>I don't see how you can interpret this as skullknjght not being part of the fairytale

>make everything worse
what would you expect from 60lvl with bis gear? to save the world?

no, he comes and fucks shit up, mostly low lvl nubs

Yes, he and Griffith are actually playing risk with Guts, and the apostle.

Griffith did help him by dragging the God Hand closer to reality.

>Clearly skull knight is infact a part of groffith's fairytale.

Why do people not understand this whole plot point even though it was so clearly spelled out? Griffith was desperately rushing to save his own ass by getting Ganishkas to fulfil the exact same conditions he fulfilled so that he could have Ganishkha be the sacrifice to the new world instead of himself.

Skully himself outright states what he does: he strikes at temporal JUNCTION points and shifts fate at these points towards his own favour. The God Hand are all now within striking distance of his sword now that Fantasia has been brought about, I'm just wondering what the next step of his master plan is going to be

Like how she keeps using her broadsword.

It's been a while since I've re-read the manga. When was Griffith supposed to be a sacrifice?

But it's a straight sword...

He and Ganishka both had the same qualities needed to open the door to Fantasia but only after Ganishka transformed.

Guts would have died without him.

He did say that there would be consequences. But there would be limitations and he wants to drag the Godhand out.

Guts is outside of the story because he's supposed to be dead, but he was used to bring Griffith back because the Behelit apostle said that he was told to delay bringing Griffith into the world because there were some alterations to be made to the plan. Casca and Guts were needed to improve it a bit, but all it serves to do is piss off Guts a little more.

They were using Guts and Casca as a catalyst.

How's it like fighting apostles with a cute loli hanging around your neck?

Sent! ;)

I don't know about fighting apostles, but having a cute loli hanging around your neck feels great

It eases the pain. A little.

Skullknjght didn't intend to bring about Fantasia you idiot.

He tried to kill Griffith, Griffith redirected the attack without even looking because he knew the attack was coming because skullknights efforts to harm Griffith are clearly as futile and known about as ganishka's.

>Griffith was desperate
Ha!