Baki Dou 138

yuncomics.com/archives/1842428
Musashi getting arrested or some shit. Whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1hKU3TyprJn
spinybackwebdesign.com/baki-dou-chapter-110/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Musashi getting arrested
Oh boy, is Oliva going to show up?

So what was the longest arc of Baki? Because this arc might break it

>he took Tokugawa's daishou again
what the fuck is Musashi doing?
He wanted his Kaneshige sword so bad - calls it his "beloved sword" - and even talked to the fucking thing. He can't have lost it, and it wasn't damaged at all in either the Pickle fight or the Motobe fight.

So, what reason can he have for taking Tokugawa's family swords again? Maybe he's ashamed of the sword because it lost to Motobe? Or is there some other reason? Or am I thinking too deeply into this one?

I don't think this is an arc, honestly. I think this entire manga is intended to be about Musashi and Baki's relationship, given the odd way that it's progressed. Musashi went up against Yuujiro almost immediately, which was entirely unprecedented for the manga. He's fought virtually all of the main cast. There's clearly something more going on with Musashi's arrival in the series; beyond "we need to beat him".

Chapter title is "This is war" (presumably 「戦争だ」 in the real raws). Musashi may actually be going to war against Japan or something.

I'll get to work on seeing what I can extrapolate from this, the most cursèd language.

So is anyone gonna tell that westbound guy to stop being a faggot and upload the OAD?

He told me a while back:
>I will do so when I have time. I have a family and work full time

He's clearly not trying to be a dick. Life is life.

What I've got from the chapter so far: the detectives to whom the TV host is speaking don't believe him. This professor guy is a high Japanese legal authority on sword laws or something (I'm pretty sure), and is all like "it doesn't matter if he did it or not; we need somebody to arrest. You wanna arrest him, right?"

>we need somebody to arrest
Why? The TV host is ok, right?

Also, it looks to me like Musashi sees someone else (or something) past the cops at the entrance of the mansion on the las page.

It's still a fighting series, so I don't see where else it can go now other than Musashi vs Baki rematch unless they start introducing new characters.

>Why? The TV host is ok, right?
Yes, he's fine. Why arrest someone? I dunno - maybe if the fluent Korean who slinks around here would help us more than once a year, we'd know. As I am, I can't quite tell what he's trying to convey as the reasoning.

At any rate, the page you posted says:
>I'm starting it, Tokugawa.
>[This is] War.

So I don't think there's anyone there. Unless Gaia or Motobe is there in the shadows, waiting to bonk him.

Strong is beautiful

BASED
A
S
E
D

This is feeling like something Yujiro is gonna put a stop to.

Yes it would be an underwhelming way to go about things, but as much as we love Itagaki, he's the same man that brought us the Ali Jr. saga.

You don't think that Itagaki will do another sequence like the one where Yuujiro shoved back 100 men, except much more brutal/murderous with Musashi in that role? I totally feel like he wants to do something along those lines. Scaled up in terms of difficulty, of course.

Unrelated -
Cool news: the title page of this chapter says that Volume 15 is coming out on January 6th! I'm almost certain that it's because of the fact that the Motobe fight is so hype. I hope you all buy physical copies of that shit. I can understand not wanting to buy a copy of v14 - even with the OAD - because of lolPickle, but Motobe is *Motobe*. Those chapters are the kind of work of Itagaki's that I want to support.

I shouldn't have to bump this.

so baki vs mushashi next?

Nothing happened on this chapter, previous one at least was memetic.

Also, we're bummed out from a week of no one delivering on the OAD.

>Musashi goes to war against Japan or something
>nothing happens

vocaroo.com/i/s1hKU3TyprJn

DOPPO BEST BAKI

>we don't know what he meant by this
>nothing came out of it so far
>something happened

I feel that I have every right to bump for this one - we finally got fucking Dou 110 out. The nightmare is finally over.

spinybackwebdesign.com/baki-dou-chapter-110/

Also, don't give tltl any credit; he's on the credit page by mistake

Does the OAD has a different voice cast?

Clearly the reason he lost was that he didn't have enough swords.

Taking that comment at a little bit above joke value - okay, fair enough, he didn't have the wakizashi. But why would he toss away his own, semi-magical sword for Tokugawa's ordinary sword?

Maybe he wants a spare Katana. Maybe he'd rather use a set that was made to go together rather than mix and match just to have a better quality on one of the swords. Maybe he's going to be doing shit that would damage the blades and would rather wreck someone else's priceless heirlooms than his own sword.

Thanks, good read.

Looks like the loss to Motobe really got to him.

The scabbard was destroyed by Motobe so he needs a new one made.

Aren't they interchangeable?

What possessed Spiny to adopt that awful new interface?

I wouldn't think so, barely anything except some commodities was interchangeable before the mid-to-late 19th century.

Especially not high quality artisan products like this. It would have to match the specific size and shape of the blade etc.

No idea. He didn't say a word to any of us about it; I just noticed it like 5 days ago. While I can't say that it's great overall, I can say that the reader is better than what it was before. This one doesn't have the same bugs as the last one, as far as I can tell.

Definitely not.

Each sword is slightly different and needs to have an individually fitted scabbard. This was even true with mass produced swords.

Yujiro is going to challenge Musashi to a sword fight

It's not exactly like he needs a scabbard to carry the sword around. He walks around with it out occasionally.

Sure, but that's impractical. What if he needs to have a pee or eat a meal?

Plus it's not like he can just wear it uncovered while he waits for a new scabbard to be made, he has to give the sword to the scabbard maker so it can be made (the saya is fitted around the blade).

do you think we will see a powered-up Oliva in Baki Dou?

>Maybe he's going to be doing shit that would damage the blades and would rather wreck someone else's priceless heirlooms than his own sword
Reminded me of chapter 110, he thinks about the skyscraper falling down and his katanas getting chipped

>Old characters Baki beat being relevant in Baki

The only time that happened since prisoners was Katsumi and maybe Jack.

but that is the kaneshige, Tokugawa's swords are pic related.

And Motobe

pic related, the kaneshige has the same tsuba as they must have just fetched him the smaller one at some point

Retsu?

and you can tell they're Tokugawa's because his family crest is on it

or twenty crests

So is Pickle alive?

What would happen if someone suddenly appeared who could hand Yujiro his ass? I'm not talking give him the good fight he desires, but give him a complete curbstomp, like say, OPM or Murderman. Would Yujiro learn his place, fake some humility until he levels up, or keep his usual attitude and get himself killed?

He'd fight to death.

You think so?
For somebody who's entire purpose in life is supposedly fighting somebody equal to him in strength the big guy is suprisingly mellow.

He fought Baki and Musashi both to the point where he aknowledged them as equals, and then just stopped fighting and doesnt even seem to have an interest to continue.
Dude's just chilling with Musashi drinkin casually.

I think he tends to fight to the death against opponents weaker than him way more often than people that could actually harm him, for some reason.

>then just stopped fighting and doesnt even seem to have an interest to continue.
He fought Baki until Baki simply couldn't continue.

>Dude's just chilling with Musashi drinkin casually.
Motobe ruined the mood, they will fight some other time.

Tfw no more memes

Why are his forearms so huge?

Memes will never die, so long as Motobe shall live

But so does the daishou that was holding the swords. Look at it again; it's got the Tokugawa crest on it.

Hell, I don't know. Maybe Itagaki just forgot or something.

>implying

All these matches he's had so far he hasn't been that serious.
Memetobe only won cause musashi was half assing it..
Maybe he wants Japan to stop be g pussies.

Yujiro got softer, you can't deny that.

was Musashi fighting at 100% when he was fighting Retsu?

If Yujiro is so bored because he has no challenge like they explained at the end of Son of Ogre, why doesn't he go into some other area where his physical strength isn't a factor? Like cooking, or debate teams.

Cause those are even more boring.
Walking around beating fodders is better and just maybe he'll find someone half decent sometimes.

Relatively close to it, I would imagine. Maybe 85%.

Is this worth reading?

Yes.

One last appeal for the OAD before I kill myself.

Find it somewhere else or find a person or group that can upload it and try to appeal to them

If you look up the title in Japanese, or maybe even Chinese if you can, you might find it online somewhere. The quality could be all over and it may be a stream but you may be able to watch it.

>find a person or group that can upload it and try to appeal to them
That's what we (and by 'we', I mean 'I') have been doing. I've asked like 4 people - the only one of them actually able to do it is the Westbound guy as far as I know, and he's being remarkably silent on it. If I harass him more about it, there's a chance he might not upload it at all.

I've searched online, and it's nowhere to be found. I know Jap, so it's not like I'm not trying.

Yujiro the strongest demagogue sounds interesting

>Sure, but that's impractical. What if he needs to have a pee or eat a meal?
You just let someone else hold it for you by sticking it inside them