Somebody outside Argentina knows anything about the submarine ARA San Juan (S-42)?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/lPcwX
apnews.com/9d23c32780684f7ba0a513cca44cf799/Sound-heard-in-Argentine-sub-search-comes-from-explosion?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP
youtube.com/watch?v=bc39NVy1v20
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_Nuclear-Test-Ban_Treaty_Organization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the only commissioned warship in the Argentine Navy with water-cooled hand rails.

Is missing from about 10 days ago, they can't track it or find it.

used to store some metric tons of Rothschild winery products, they're still drinking

Sure, you put a woman in charge and crashed against a whale, all dead now

They went to Agartha.

was it found yet? our news said there was a loud explosion and that it most definitely wasn't a nuclear explosion

>most definitely
>We don't know what happened.

I heard the lady in charge probably got hatefucked a lot if it didn't just implode all of a sudden and she didn't lock herself in a room somewhere.

It's very curious that they were transporting 10,000 archives from Ushuaia (southernmost city in the world) to Mar del Plata (close to the country's capital).

Among those archives, there were lots of papers related to taxes and properties owned by many billionaires, Rothschilds included.

Why would you not transport that by land or air, or at least a normal boat with other boats for protection if needed?

>the hunt for white October

>by land
Because Ushuaia is in an island

>by air
Too expensive

All we've heard is they thought they had located it but then said the noises they heard came from something else. Now we're being told that there was an explosion heard at the time it went down. Now the Russians are involved in the search. Also that they will now have ran out of air 24 hours ago. That's all I know.

They told the family members that they crew was all dead. That was our retarded Military commanders.

But then America and Russia started doing stuff, and suddenly everyone is hopeful again for some reason.

Subs are less expensive than a cargo plane? I don't know, maybe it makes sense for some reason, but you don't usually transport things by sub unless you need to keep it really secret.

Only by the specs was not a bad diesel sub.

Some former Navy sonar operator has been analyzing that sound sample and said it wasn't an implosion but clearly an explosion probably from those broken batteries

But then he says the second sound on the graph was without a doubt an "emergency blow" which is when subs use compressed gas to launch all the water in the ballast tanks to fuck off back to the surface asap.

So it's either floating around somewhere with no power or that battery explosion made a hole big enough that water went inside the sub and it sunk down anyway.

But the point is that there was no implosion and the first explosion wasn't big enough to kill them because they did try to surface.

Also he mentioned the emergency beacon thing they couldn't find is actually automatic and only launches when the sub goes too deep so if it did sink it isn't at the very bottom of the atlantic.

why would it be a nuclear explosion. The sub doesn't have a nuclear reactor nor does argies have nukes.

In all seriousness, it a very large update to the type 209 that was built in the 1980s and updated about 2-3 years ago.

>manning a uboat with marines is cheaper than a cargo plane in argentina
I want to read your explanation

people are saying they went too close to malvinas and an uk submarine torpedo'd it

>why would it be a nuclear explosion
I found it very suspicious when the media explicitly stated that but they were quoting an official spokesman
>The navy spokesman described the “anomaly” as “singular, short, violent and non-nuclear.”
archive.fo/lPcwX
apnews.com/9d23c32780684f7ba0a513cca44cf799/Sound-heard-in-Argentine-sub-search-comes-from-explosion?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

They put a woman as captain of the ship and apparently it's bad luck for women to be on a submarine and now they're all dead.

US Navy spokesman, that is why. All our subs are nukes and some americans forget that most nations use non-nuclear subs.

She was not the capt. She was the weapon's officer.

Really? We don't have any non-nuclear subs? Seems like we'd want to have at least a few around for... whatever reasons.

Why don't they just turn on the active sonar or launch buoys/torpedoes to make noise and get detected? They are dead already most likely

Yep we have
18 Ohio class (14 SSBNS, 4 SSGNs)
Virginia class (11 SNN, 7 more to go)
Seawolf (3 SSNs)
Los Angeles (34 SSNs)

Non-nuclear subs are less noisy and thus much stealthier than nuke subs. Problem is submerged endurance is way shorter, only good to patrol our own coasts and shit but they are sneakier and can torpedo a nuclear sub without being detected

So not bad for defense

Yeah I would figure there would be some for those kinds of roles even if they don't officially exist.

no runway

Thing is that we would have to figure out how to build a new, modern diesel sub. The main reason why we would be tempted is to build ROC some subs too.

Mosad booby trapped,because was transporting the Body of Adolfo and Eva back to the Fatherland for proper burial

It feels like there was something not for the public disclosure, and that there was diplomatic secrecy on this matter.

You couldn't be more wrong. We use non-nuclear subs to dock in ports that don't want nuclear powered ships parked there. Diesel engines have pistons which make shittons of noise and vibrations. What sound does an atom splitting make?

source?

Trump said that there were 45 not 44 passengers on board.
Maybe he was someone of the Rothschild trying to escape to the Antarctica.
But this theory doesn't explain why a lot of countries are trying to found it.
Maybe it's an excuse to something else.
The AA is lying.
do not even doubt it

the sound of one hand clapping?

Diesel subs switch to battery powered electric engine when submerged, and that makes no noise. They only use diesel generator on surface to refill batteries. Reactor make a lot of noise actually. It was a problem for russian subs during cold war. They had louder reactors then america.

Don't be silly. That's scheduled for next year.

>But this theory doesn't explain why a lot of countries are trying to found it.
That more of naval traditions. If a ship is lost or in trouble in peacetime, you do all you can to render aid. Just how navies work.

Lol

Okay, name one currently commissioned combat sub in the US fleet that not nuclear powered.

I will be waiting as we do not have a single non-nuclear combat sub.

It's almost like there isn't any air under the ocean for the diesel engines to run on amirite

It's privately owned by the Rothschilds. Follow the white rabbit.

two trips in a cesna is cheaper than a sub. the training alone for a crew could by a wing of cesna's

>>by air
>Too expensive
How?

Do you have any idea how expensive a sub is?

If it was active they should have found it by now via sonar or it's pinger. My guess is it leaked while submerged, killing everyone and frying the electronics.

riveting sub combat

lol wot

WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID YOU GODDAMNED LIMEYS

JUST LIKE PERFIDIOUS ALBION TO GO AROUND DURING PEACE TIME TORPEDOING FOREIGN SHIPS FOR NO REAL REASON

THEY CUT THE SUB IN HALF A FEW YEARS AGO TO "OVERHAUL" IT'S SYSTEMS.

seems to me that's when this sabatoage would have happened.

Jive Turkey? (fyi - retired sonar operator with 20+ years of experience) youtube.com/watch?v=bc39NVy1v20
Well, yeah it could be that battery went boom, but it might be possible that it was a structural failure. And it's entirely possible that even after emergency blow the boat didn't have positive buoyancy. Why no beacon? As someone pointed out during the stream, it could've been welded so it didn't deploy randomly. Or - if it wasn't - it just failed to either deploy or failed to signal. Or the floor wasn't deep enough for it to deploy. There are many possibilities. One thing is certain by now though - they all ded.

>what are reactor pumps
>what are steam turbines

Go learn something about reactors nigger

The eternal anglo

He did say it only deploys at crush depth

>welded

That would be way too retarded desu, knowing how defunded that navy is odds are the beacon was actually broken and they didn't replace it

As for the sub not floating like I said its possible the explosion did blow a hole through the hull so the sub flooded

>Imagine being this much of an uneducated burger
you retards really feel the need to post about stuff you have absolutely no idea about.

More likely they fucked up the welding

Some argies on twitter are saying it wasn't repaired by the original crew but "some other guys" who then stole the money. Also they say those fucks didn't replace the batteries with new ones but used units so that is why it exploded.

And they say corruption is bad here

America collects the very best and the very worse of all nations that we take immigrants from. It the only way I can explain my countrymen.

Corruption is bad there.

They hired female officer with ukrainian (i.e. soviet) heritage. Probably golddigger AIDS on these depths is summoning daemons.

Yeah it dindu nuffin, it just tries to get it's life on track, please donate.

how are they going to get it down that big step

kek when your country is so poor and brown that you legitimately have to ask Sup Forums for assistance with search and rescue missions

A crane? or drive the thing with the sub to a dry dock?

>Virginia class (11 SNN, 7 more to go)

We're going to build at least 50 Virginia SSNs. Service life into 2070.

That is what is budgeted already. Congress can easily add more. I also expect that the Virginia class to be built for decades.

>50 subs

Well fuck, how much per unit?

Yeah, the Block V Virginias are 4 times more advanced than the Block II are are. Virginia-class in name and S9G only.

I also suspect the Ohio-class boomer replacement is going to be a Virginia-based hull with the Trident bay modularly installed.

>We need to find it and rescue it. Days flow by.
>Then: conchatumare they're running out of oxygen, we need to hurry.
>A day or two later: actually there was an explosion right before the sub disappeared, we just didn't tell you about it, nothing personnel kid.

In practice, since the design is uniform and modular, less than 2 Billion per sub. The Los Angels-class they're replacing would cost about 2.4 billion each in today's dollars.

Why not use a fucking boat to transport papers?

>adding the word "combat"
Move that goal post a little more, chump.

why not get a fax machine!

>2 billion

I would say thats too fucking expensive but the F35 program is like a trillion and its fucking shit

the reason they stated non-nuclear is because one of the first organisations to announce detecting an explosion was some sort of nuclear test monitoring organisation

>coming near our islands
>no reason

>They hired female officer with ukrainian (i.e. soviet) heritage
The Hunt for Red October

>Diesel engines have pistons which make shittons of noise and vibrations.
>What sound does an atom splitting make?

you're comparing the sound of pistons to the sound of fission. the proper comparison would be the sound of combustion to the sound of fission, as fission could propel the pistons also.

>by air too expensive
nigga we export fresh fruit by air

Fission bombs do need compression after all...

Will this set a new speed record in the salt flats?

$1.9 billion for a nuke sub that never needs a fuel-overhaul and will operate for 40+ years is pretty bloody cheap. Seawolf was over $3.8 billion each in 2017 dollars.

I'm just waiting for the first Virginia to sink/implode. BAE Systems had far too much involvement for their not to be a major design flaw that will makes us lose a Virginia and have to instill SUBSAFE 2.0.

they didn't know about the explosion until a few days ago.

>the shock waves from the explosion took this long to be picked up

>they didn't know about the explosion until a few days ago.
How did they find out about the explosion?

Fox reported yesterday that at some point it was refit and the entire sub had to be cut in half. They also reported families of submariners reprinted complaints about the sub par state of the vessel. Don’t know how true it is, but that was their report

>sub par state of the vessel.
I'd say the condition is par for Argie subs.

>malvinas
their called the falklands m8

There are some kind of microphones in the ocean to pick up any kind of nuclear explosion.
This was not a nuclear explosion so it was much more difficult to detect by the people operating those systems.

No clue. That’s what the MSM is reporting at least

I'm not familiar with the systems at hand, but that sounds like typical CYA because they knew something got really fucked up and wanted to see if they could fix it while nobody was looking first.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_Nuclear-Test-Ban_Treaty_Organization
>The organization will be tasked with verifying the ban on nuclear tests and will operate therefore a worldwide monitoring system and may conduct on site inspections.

Those are seismic sensors, not sonar. The SOSUS listening nets (that the US acknowledges) are in the Pacific near Japan and in the Greenland-Iceland-UK Gap and a "small" SOSUS net near the East Coast.

Likely, the explosion was recorded by a sub operating in the area and only noticed during playback as the sonar operators were probably tuned to engine plant noise frequencies.

I just want war, Paraguay War 2.0 when?

Yeah, and I'm sure it really took weeks for the US to send a drone over to Fukushima to find out what really happened after possibly the biggest nuclear accident in history and the whole internet got to watch one of the plants chuck a core or rods or whatever that was 1000ft in to the air
>just a hydrogen explosion folks
>nothing to see here
>we totally have no way of known what might have happened
>pay no attention to all the ABC teams and sattelites we have
>and don't forget no lab in the world will test your sample to see if it matches the radiotide profile of Fukushima

I don't know if this was nefarious or just a fuck-up, but it smells like the usual kind of coverup until they can get a handle on whatever might have happened.

It would make sense to do it that way. Keep numbers up and reduce cost.

There are 4 classes of naval subs in the US Navy, all are nuclear.

I was saying combat so you didn't point out some sort of alvin submersible which is not a sub.

They didn't release that to the public, they knew

According to wiki, they have hydroacustic sensors as well.

Its not unusual for a mid life update to have the sub cut in half and rewelded.

But those re-welds were a number of years ago. Most likely a battery problem.

ya our nuclear powered civil war ones were dope

Chernobyl was many times bigger then Fukushima