Roads are the true authenticating sign of economic prosperity because, unlike money on paper, they can't be faked...

Roads are the true authenticating sign of economic prosperity because, unlike money on paper, they can't be faked. America is now so poor that American roads are literally being reverted to gravel.

wired.com/2016/07/cash-strapped-towns-un-paving-roads-cant-afford-fix/

Other urls found in this thread:

unvis.it/wired.com/2016/07/cash-strapped-towns-un-paving-roads-cant-afford-fix
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

unvis.it/wired.com/2016/07/cash-strapped-towns-un-paving-roads-cant-afford-fix

Probably the new kind of gravel that has lots of cement powder mixed in. Is almost as good as pavement for lower traffic areas and saves lots of money. Less government waste. The world is getting better every day.

(It hardens after a few rainfalls)

Still just an ersatz. I'm only 24, but even I remember riding in the car as a child and not feeling as many bumps.

In such small towns its just not even worth it to pave them in the first place

rural areas are always going to have shittier infrastructure and public services than well performing cities

In Finland it's cheaper for road makers(what are they called?) to pay fine for making bad roads than actually make proper asphalt. We don't have corruption though as you can see in world corruption stats. Here it's called good-brother-club or something something, not corruption so don't claim it's anyway corrupted, ok.

Well performing cities spend so much on welfare they have nothing left over for public utilities and infrastructure

This, though. My relatively small town went from 20,000 to 40,000 in 24ish years. There's still plenty of space in America, but we're going to need to start stretching out soon. Even our tiny suburbia cities are starting to get crowded now.

Wrong. Small towns have smaller budgets, but they also have less traffic, so they should be able to pave roads just fine.
Wrong. The problem is the exact opposite. Population density is too LOW, not too high. Until the mid 20th century, people either lived in cities or in the countryside. Low density suburbia, the disgusting hermaphrodite, neither city nor countryside, is what takes up too much space. Cities must return to a HUMAN SCALE.

the roads in my town are borderline unusuable. most of the roads in my area are not usuable. but thank god we live in Massachusetts where we pay such high taxes to take care of the roads...orsomething like that

>cut taxes to stimulate economy
>Have no government revenue to fix roads
>Largest companies just ship their tax burden offshore

Works out great doesn't it?

On second thought, you're right. We need to start building up, not out. Mega cities like the ones proposed in the Middle east. Just make sure they're armed with anti aircraft and have all airports a few miles outside of the city in a no fly zone.

Tax revenue is in the trillions, and only a small percentage of taxes are spent on roads.

But Mexicans fat ugly kids get free lunch and breakfast and Maria can deliver ten babies for free so it's all worth it

>unusable
Get a truck, carlet.

Look at the census data. Most America cities population peaked around the 1950s. Since then, cite populations have fallen as people move out of the cities to the suburbs, destroying farmland in the process. Low density means people have to drive further. It's no way for human beings to live.

To be fair the the entire region I live in has been exploding, but for multiple economic reasons as well.

Don't worry, things are going to get much worse, soon.

are you referring to tar and shit ?
if so fuck that. they never do it properly so theres always piles and lines of loose gravel all over the place. and when it rains all the shit that managed to get thrown off the side of the road comes back in in even worse pockets of it. its dangerous for cars, its dangerous for bikes, looks like shit, and nicks the shit out of paint
t. motorcycle rider in PA

Even in cities that are increasing in population, the growth has been only in the suburbs, which are technically counted as the city because they get annexed. Houston, Texas is an example of this.

Maybe they should bump up the percent, maybe take it out of the military budget or something

Now you're talking.

>roads went to shit country wide in one year
>tax plan to cut taxes is the cause of this despite not even active yet.

fucking obama leaf is such a faggot.

That's a broad statement to apply to all places though. As far as I know, in the past 24 years no city has been annexed. We've stayed pretty much the same except stretched out in every area that we could. We've built structures that will crumble in an earthquake. Which is going to happen at some point.

no one gives a shit bike cuck

I thought state taxes paid for roads.