Who would you have sided with in the Civil War, if you were living in 1861 and you didn’t know who was going to win?

Who would you have sided with in the Civil War, if you were living in 1861 and you didn’t know who was going to win?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Key_Howard
ozy.com/acumen/why-the-us-military-is-so-southern/72100
businessinsider.com/us-military-is-not-representative-of-country-2014-7
businessinsider
unvis.it/businessinsider.com/us-military-is-not-representative-of-country-2014-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

If I didn't know who was going to win I'd have to be a retard, so presumably the South.

It was fucked all about.

>Who would you have sided with in the Civil War
Whatever side I lived on, like everybody else.

The north. Family from the coal mines in PA. Had relatives fight and die in Shiloh and Gettisburg. Let's not pretend that war was about anything but fighting beside your brothers and friends for the common soldier.

This.
Both sides believed the war was a just and righeous cause to protect their livelihoods.
I'd fight for the South, my ancestors lost everything during Sherman's Charge.

One side of my family fought in a homebrewed militia for the South, the other for the Union Army; I'd go with the militia anyday.

South

>mfw Sup Forums is growing up and becoming less racist every day
Proud of you, lads

>Whatever side I lived on, like everybody else.
True.

Back then nobody cared about the niggers.

Just watched Star Wars.
The North is the Old Republic or the Empire. The South is the Rebels or the Jedi.

My allegiance lies with my home state of Michigan, and therefore the Union.

I'd side with Lysander Spooner and support the South's right to secede.

Down a coal mine, everyone was black.

>stop breeding those darkies in captivity and trying to spread them across the continent!

Or:
>i'm going to fight to keep breeding these darkies in captivity and i'm going to fight to spread them across the continent
What a hard decision this is...

South. Wanted state's rights to win. But we failed....

The South only tried to secede because she wanted to muster forces for her cause of continuing the practice of breeding and spreading Afro.-plantations. There wasn't all that much effort of secession, only of falling back to muster forces.

>the right to breed darkies in captivity and spread them across the continent
Oh, yeah, that's a real good right to hold onto...

Look where that lead to
The answer to nigger question is either chains or bullet to head

Lol everybody's favorite liberal meme in reverse

Its still a right

Neither side hated niggers less than the other, excluding maybe some quakers from New England.

Would have represented a Third force supporting an independent empire, that acknowledges White supremacy but opposes slavery based on the notion it institutionally supports miscegenation, basically to deport ALL blacks to Liberia and to refuse them citizenship, but to promote Native American alliances and citizenship.

North. I'm half black

So, the North?

The north was more like the lannisters and the south was dumbledoor's army (lincoln was rick sanchez XD)

Nope because the North didn't make peace with the natives nor did they succeed in deporting them all or detaining them then deporting them, they made them citizens which in my opinion was wrong. But my side would have had more sympathy with the North.

Neither.

I live in Washington State - fuck 'em both

If you don't like the classification of slaves as property then end slavery in your state you statist cuck

I'm a northerner and neither side of my family came here until after the civil war. If it were today I'd fight for the south. Hell, we may have to fight it. The polarization is brewing contempt for one another to the point that many on either side would welcome the slaughter of the other. I'd kill commies for the sake of America's purity the same way the rebels did. Incredible how the south is demonized in history and the north is seen as the righteous champions. Those faggots paved the way for today's society and their ideology is at the root of the majority of our current society's problems.

You would have supported my faction.

The south is the only logical answer.
They were fighting the 2nd American revolution.

It is sad they lost.

Again another supporter of my faction, against slavery as it is counterproductive, but against their citizenship also in the eyes of the law.

the south. it was closet to the founding principles.

Retarded to breed Black people for work, not knowing the consequences later on.

born in virginia, die in virginia.

My family is largely from the south so i'd fight for the Confederacy.

Personally I would have charged Sherman for warcrimes, this wouldn't go down in my faction, my faction is moral.

The North

The arm diler side

Lol.

Neither side, my family wasn't here yet.

As for who was in the right, the South was closer to the founding principles and their desire for self-governance was reasonable. That being said, slavery is wrong in principle (even with useless niggers) and sending the slaves back to Africa would have been ideal.

I wouldn't have a choice, it'd depend on where I lived.

The north because rifles are more effective than throwing rocks. Also I like eating food.

But if I was actually there, I would've said I can't believe anyone here actually fights over slavery, screw it i'm going West and joining the Lakota tribe. They had the right idea you know.

Was the civil war the first war (((USA))) fought for zog? was it even fought for Shlomo at all?

>They had the right idea you know.

In what way?

I'm a New Yorker so I'd just go with my state. With foresight I might defect, might not, hard to decide.

The CSA's Sec of State was literally a Jew.

This. Did anybody really have a choice. It depended on where you lived

It could have been worse, obviously. Kansas and farther west could have been like parts of the South and be 50% black right now, user....

south

I would have sided with the Confederates, most likely. Not because of slavery, just because I hate city people.

You could run away to fight for the other side, like if you were smart and lived in the South you went to fight against the people trying to spread darkies across the continent.

Considering I live in Pennsylvania, I’d probably go with the Union.

Texas. But I would have worked to get Texas to give up secession in return for our pre-compromise of 1850 land back.

Well I'm a Buffaloian (NY) so I guess the north then

I can only judge what my ancestor did.
His momma didn't want him going. So he just stayed out of it.
Course the rebel soldiers came by, tried to take his horse, it made him upset, he tried to fight them, so they took him. And the horse.
He died later. Of disease in some fucking swamp or something.
Fuck the civil war.

Oh he was 16 when they took his horse.

No matter the outcome we will still be stuck with niggers. We should have just hired Europeans to pick the cotton.

And then you would be wiped out along with them, or stuck on a reservation, and your genetics would have been diluted and blended into the immediate native population around you.

i would get my fucking head blown off during one of those retarded irish regiment mirror-matches either way.

Neither.
The Confederacy was controlled by Jews and the Union was run by a tyrant. There was no good side on that war.

Arguably it had nothing to do with ZOG. Some states wanted to keep slavery and have their rights to their own way of life respected, and some said no, fuck you, you do what we say and free the slaves and submit to the fed. And the south said no fuck you, and raised an army.

The rest is history.

Since my ancestors fought for the Conferacy, I can only assume that I would have fought for the Confederacy.

The south didn't lose the war, the white race lost its right to exist in America. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

>supports states rights to have legalized weed.
>bashes the confederacy for wanting state > federal law.

Pick one brainwashed liberal drone.

I'm sorry, I was too busy casting three ballots of my five slaves for secession. You were saying?

Maryland was the the main cause of the Civil War.

Lincoln didn't allow any state to be neutral. A state was required to pick a state.

Maryland declared neutrality since that is what their voters voted for and sent a letter to Lincoln saying their state declared neutrality.

Days later, Lincoln sent federal soldiers and arrested everybody in Maryland's Legislature, declared Martial Law, and forcibly drafted every young man in Maryland and immediately sent them to other states because Lincoln was afraid or Maryland's males fleeing to nearby states.

This action by Lincoln caused other neutral leaning states to fully join the Confederacy because they saw Lincoln's actions as tyranny.

The Maryland State Song's lyrics represent the mood of Maryland at the time if you bother to look it up.

Also, fun fact: The grandson of the man who wrote the star spangled banner was jailed by Lincoln.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Key_Howard

So yeah, if Lincoln respected Maryland's neutrality, the Civil War may not have been so bloody.

There would have been more neutral states and more chances of negotiation or talking it out rather than fighting.

Lincoln's actions at Maryland was the point of no return.

He set some awful precedents.

Nah, would've taught them to read and write including in their own language, brought them guns and shit and if shit really did hit the fan, moved with them to some island no one really gives a shit about like the one in the middle of Salt Lake Utah.

I'd fight for the north thinking that Lincoln would ship you niggers back to Africa faggot.

Reminder to disregard all posts from users with troll flags.

Yeah, yeah, wars are bad. But a war might be worth fighting if one side is trying to spread darkies across a continent as the South was.

Fighting for freedom instead of for slaves freedom or not I mean how the fuck did this even come to pass anyway.

I would have sided with the North because I don't want these Confederates spreading more niggers everywhere. Oh what a surprise is in store for me.

>hurr durr everyone against nigger fucking is a weed smoking liberal
Confedefags sure do love breedng them B-B-B-BASSSEDDDD niggers!

Couldn't fight for either side it was just so bad. I would say fuck it and so would Trump.

So basically the plot of dances with wolves?

>Removing niggers
That's a cause worth fighting for now just as it was then.

Don't you realize that people tried to do that? People did stuff like that. It never worked out. The odds are against them. Why are you a native-boo?

The 5 civilized tribes did this. They integrated into European culture and even opened slaves, they still got deported to Oklahoma by Andrew Jackson. Your plan is flawed.

Yeah except would've moved to Utah to that Island that the White man couldn't conquer, true there is an abandoned shed and Buffalo skull as testament.

But they never went to the unconquerable isle, to this day that Salt lake city Island remains unconquered.

I feel sorry for your body, having such a stunted brain inside of it, telling it what to do. What makes you think that the southerners actually genuinely believed that slavery was economically viable in the long run? The south would have abolished slavery at some point naturally, and probably dealt with the slaves better than the North. You'd be fighting for the coal-burners, I hope you realize that. The south would have deported them back to Africa, most likely.

The south consists of the majority of active duty members in the US military.

We are the first to fight in America's wars and the L A S T to get ANY sort of respect in this country. We southerners die for the nation while the rest of you spit on us, our history, and our culture.

You liberal trash seem to have no problem embracing a Muslim murderer and pedophile 3rd worlder that has contributed NOTHING to the country or current society in general.

But HEAVEN forbid the people who die for this country, the poor white southern males, have a right to THEIR HISTORY!

I WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT YOU FUCKING LEFTISTS HAVE DONE TO THE COUNTRY!

THAT MLK STATUE LOOKS AWFULLY UNGUARDED!

ozy.com/acumen/why-the-us-military-is-so-southern/72100

businessinsider.com/us-military-is-not-representative-of-country-2014-7

But that's because they gave a shit about where they lived, if it was an island in a desert no one really cares then. Worked for the Uru people, live on Uru island on lake Titicaca.

What if we archive that

>businessinsider com/us-military-is-not-representative-of-country-2014-7
unvis.it/businessinsider.com/us-military-is-not-representative-of-country-2014-7

WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!WHITE POWER!

Amen.

Considering NO One WON?

North because it would fuck up eternal anglo and that's what Russian Empire did, sent ships to show our support. Little did we know of eternal amerikano.

This is Antelope Island, Utah, notice how it is the last place the Buffalo roam free?

We don't want to hear about that half tell us about the other half.

In Your Opinion, they would have deported them, user.

Are you worth giving evidence to? No, you're not. However, keep up your song and dance in this thread, and I'll make sure that you and the others to whom you're replying will get a lot of (You)s, so many that your conversation will be messed up...

Have a nice day...

>amen.
What, man?

The South was prevented from spreading darkies across the continent, so the right side won it, user.

Based

Anti-Anglo!

To this very day, southerners would be of the opinion that we should send the blacks back to Africa. It's a very strong sentiment among southerners. At the end of the day, everyone knew that slavery was not economically viable, for the same reasons illegal immigration and continual automation are not viable. They kill jobs. The south would have HAD to deport or free the slaves eventually, because their unemployment would be through the fucking roof, and people would be fleeing or starting riots over it.

You can sit there and pretend that this is all my opinion, but this is backed up by a lot of other peoples opinions, namely in the south, who would very much so like blacks to be sent back to africa, to this very day, that sentiment exists.

You would have been fighting to FREE the slaves, not deport them. You're going to have to explain to me why you think the south had some grand plan to spread slavery across the entire country.

This
There wasn't much soldiers in 1861 after the mexican-american war, country boys enlisted in the side they lived in. They both add valid patriotic arguments, for northeners the south was a traitor. For southeners it was like a second american revolution.