Fire Punch

>turned from something incredibly edgy into a genuinely interesting story

I have no idea what to think about this series. On one hand I love the artstyle, on the other I think it looks awful and messy. On one hand I like the characters and setting, but some stuff just doesn't make a lot of sense.
I like the direction it's going, at least.

Other urls found in this thread:

plus.shonenjump.com/client_info/SHUEISHA/html/player/viewer.html?tw=2&lin=1&cid=SHSA_JP02PLUS00005919_57
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its pure KINO

I don't know what KINO means, user.

Director remains amazing.

I don't know what's the best, the noises she makes, her dumb face when trying shot, the struggling soldiers trying to get into the truck, the noises THEY make, or the cigarettes.

What is this, a chapter 30 for ants?

>incredibly edgy
Pretty much everything is well explained so it doesn't feel edgy to me.
I do worry about all these new half naked characters suddenly appearing. Wonder how they are going to explain that.

>He killed his nemesis by collateral damage, without even realising.

The moment diretor-chan appeared this manga turned into a masterpiece, easily Jump's best original online manga right now.

I still think the best part of the manga, even if it's somewhat dumb in excecution, is the scene where Angi sees himself attempting to punch the bars apart and realizes just how much he's fallen.
Him defending the fuelpeople and kicking the ass of every guard in the way felt so good.
>he gets blown into space
>rips off his own head to fall to earth and keep fighting
Man this series is cool.

That's not chapter 30 though.

Ripping his own head was badass, but I don't quite get it how it got him to defeat mustache magneto, did it negate his healing or made it showed? What happened?

Mustache blows him into space in an attempt to push him away from the earth, Jojo Kars style. Angi's regen is possibly stronger than anyone else in the entire series bar Director, so the best chance to defeat him was to simply remove him from the battlefield.

Angi uses this tactic again, ripping off his own arm and using it as a projectile to apply the endless burning to Moustache, killing him.

that was fucking metal

what's his fucking problem?

We need to do a fucking story time on Sup Forums for this series, it's underrated

He's probably an ally, right? Same nudist type as spear girl?

>That
>Fucking
>Title Drop
It was fantastic, holy shit. Seriously though, the last handful of chapters have been pure hype.

Author is a madman

This is a modern masterpiece

Yes.

plus.shonenjump.com/client_info/SHUEISHA/html/player/viewer.html?tw=2&lin=1&cid=SHSA_JP02PLUS00005919_57

The mustache mech didn't have any healing powers, just strength. He regenerates from the head so he had to throw it down to keep fighting. What are you asking?

>plus.shonenjump.com/client_info/SHUEISHA/html/player/viewer.html?tw=2&lin=1&cid=SHSA_JP02PLUS00005919_57
holy shit, that page one is already brilliant.

Fucker is some kind of wolverine

I'm kinda miffed fire shooting asshole died so fast, I kinda liked him, and this manga really does need an antagonistic presence that isn't like, full o nICe witch.

Damn. Cool power. The leader died already though? Fuck that, I assumed he was going to be the antagonist. The Ice Witch's power is cool as fuck though.

The art fits the manga really well. When the author wants to show detail, he does it really well, like when Agni fought the mech and in the latest chapter where the wolverine guy is jumping around.

At this point it isn't edgy anymore, its a Comical story.

Director's movie taste is trash desu, but aside all f that she's okay.

so I suppose he can control his own blood, that makes him very agile because he control the flow of his blood to make him faster and he can make spear out of it. On top of that, he can control his own temperature with his blood, just so he could move faster without clothing's weight and survive in the cold weather.

Best girl.

I like that there's no "true" Ice Witch, and that it's just something completely outside of humanity's control and everyone is fucked anyway. It was kinda refreshing.

Director is wrong. There really is an Ice Witch, though what she has to do with the worlds current Nuclear winter state it unknown.

Huh. Although when I said Ice Witch it was more with the concept of "a human being that is causing the entire world to freeze", which I doubt that woman is doing.

I want to fuck her.

Kino is kino. Nothing more, nothing less.

She appears to have some kind of serious abilities, that's for certain- in the raws for the next chapter she freezes Agni solid.
I'm betting it's just a really strong Blessed one with Ice powers that has just decided to take over the world after hearing about the rumors of the Ice Witch.

That's a shitty pun, user. Also Kino is a GIRL user, a GIRL.

See >Agni: ...Did you froze this world?
>Witch: Nh? Yeah
>Agni: Why... such a thing...
>Witch: Uh~n...
>Witch: Uh~n...
>Witch: Because I can
>Witch: I can freeze so I just did

Still think she's lying. Director knows the truth.

Moustache man can control iron
Angi ripped his head off his own body that contained iron pipes

In the latest chapter, she says that she put the world in that state simply because she can.

Dark souls is fucking great, a shame Fire Guy died that fast, would've liked seeing more of him.

The butt talked!

I'm starting to think it was supposed to be a comedy all along and it just took everyone a while to realize it

Does he ever fight ice punch?

She just showed up last chapter, just be patient.

I like the setting and first chapter was good but it's being going downhill ever since.

I just hate how the style story and pacing is all over the place. It feels like the author hit the gold mine and had no idea how to continue after the good start and went all over the place. It was still enjoyable? ride I think.

The mangaka is a fucking genius. The chapter where they she battles with other blessed ones on a train, then use cut style like in a movie. Fucking amazing.

It's basically a Mad Max-style manga, only the setting is an eternal tundra rather than a desert wasteland and the characters have superpowers.

but she's need to be ancient to do that, Director is 300 years old, so the ice age must have come before this ice witch was born, unless she has two powers, regeneration in addition to her ice.

How it all connects, that is the amazing part. But also how the author knew how big of a deal a title drop is, dedicating whole page to it.

Not necessarily, maybe she started the Ice Age centuries ago and then cryogenically freezes herself so she can see the effects in the far future.

>Everyone creamed their pants when the first few chapters came
>Everyone bitched when the Director showed up
>Everyone whined that they didnĀ“t get their edgy story
>Everyone is hailing it as pure greatness now after the initial whiplash mood the manga took has been accepted
Loved it from the start, loved the twists, love everything about this.

Both Judah and Director have regen, but they have no control over it, both have been suicidal but can't kill themselves, Director even attempted suicide but survived. Agni can die, he can stop his own power, we've seen him do this, in fact he can even strengthen his regen in specific parts of his body like he did with his face so that he could breathe, why can't others control it?

Theoretically Agni can even fully escape the flames eventually. Over 8 years of being on fire, he learned to concentrate his regeneration on his face, but in a decade or two more he could maybe keep his entire head free of the fire and then have someone cut off his head and regenerate back to his normal self from his extinguished head.

ok, ill start reading this, you won

I remember reading the first chapter when it was dumped here and laughing my ass off at the edge.
Forgot about it and found it again like 2 months ago. I was amazed how everything took the edgiest possible twist; incest, cannibalism, rape, beastiality, it had them all.
And then that director chapter. I was close to tears from laughing so hard. This is truly amazing, it takes a real genius to come up with this.

Never forget BLACK ANAL

I honestly thought that this was going to be just a simple revenge story, until they started to introduce all these allies. I thought they were going to infiltrate the city and then Doma escapes from all the ruckus and then you have 30+ more chapters of him hunting down Doma in a 4 man party. Instead they changed everything and made it better. The Ice Queen is alive and now we have all these new unique characters who are going to make a cult to serve the MC.

Good fucking job. 10/10

So what happens to director's two gay henchmen? Actually nevermind that, how the hell will his followers find Agni again? He has no interest in following them.

>their fucking tractor bikes bouncing off into the distance after they get in the truck

1st 4 or 5 chapters are quite a serious, good story. Especially chapter 0.

Then it quickly gets wayyy too meta when they introduce the director girl. I did like the "cut this part" fight where they just showed the aftermath, but otherwise it was a bit too smug and self-satisfied.

Then it sort of becomes a genuine story again after Agni says he won't be the actor anymore and wants to release the slaves.

But even so, very weird manga which I quite like.

Magneto just didn't react in time to the dude managing to come back to earth so he got fire'd

Director could let herself be burnt to death by doma's Flames if she wanted to.
Judah would probably burnt to ashes too.

Agni different because he really wants to live as well as having top tier regen

The psychic guy can probably sense him lond distance

The Kinoest Kino to ever Kino

The fuck is this?

Fire Punch my friend
Also double trips

>she
>her

We've seen her naked

Is a gal.

i don't think it's the truth, she needs to be the most powerful blessed one to pull something like this against an entire planet
she's probably lying and planet is just dying naturally

"UMI DA!", basically

they keep on beheading notImouto

reminds me of dorohedoro

Fire Guy was a non-believer
behead those who insult Agni
the church of the fire punch is unstoppable

We have someone like Dohma who had eternal flames, his powers literally outlived him.

A blessed one that can freeze the planet isn't so far fetched.

The good times of Dorohedoro you mean, that series just doesn't click with me anymore.

>I've avenged you, brother
God, that's such a good touch.

In all fairness Diretor-chan first appearance wasn't very good, she was just rambling about movies and pop culture, there was no way to foretell she was going to be a deranged imortal that would pull some of the best panels in the series.

Agni spent a long-ass time trying to control it. Presumably, none of the others encountered unquenchable fire, and thus never had a chance to learn.

It's still a hell of a step up. Doma's power is really something, but he had like 50 meter's range or something like that.

We didn't actually see him die, right? It was completely off-screen?

What was the chapter we last saw him in anyway?

Totally offscreen. That was the point, it was played for empty revenge.

Why is he name actually Agni though? It is so convinient, like his parents knew he would have godlike regeneration and then one day some other blessed would light him fire, eternal flames that won't stop till the target turns into ash, so it mixed with his regen and basically the flames will never surpass the time he takes to regenerate himself.

First I thought he was nameless and started going by Agni to make Sam's belief that he was a god become true, and honestly I thought it was better that way.

It's like the rival in Boku no Hero's name having the kanji for "explosion" in it because he has explosion powers. There's no in-universe reason, it's just something the author felt like doing.

>has no idea how to handle beastiality, incest, or pedophilia
>treats the gay characters with respect, actually fucking writes well
I have no idea whether I want to punch this author in the face or not.

Convince me to read this manga

Not the same.

That series stabilishes that children inheriting their parents quirks is a given, with the odd exception of a very few like the protagonist.

So Bakugou was named that way because his parents were prepared for him to have that quirk.

Meanwhile no info on how blessings work from parent to child, and even then Agni's power is regen, the flames came in through a succession of events.

Begins as laughable edgefest. Matures into hype as fuck fighting seriess with well-written MC, complex plot, and top-tier black comedy.

Nah the names are straight up because Horikoshi likes puns and laughably appropriate character naming. Shigaraki's name has "death" in it because he's the villain. In the same way in this, Agni is named after a god of fire because that's the role he takes in the story.

>There's no in-universe reason,
What

A whole chapter was dedicated to parents expecting their children to inherit their quirks, some parents picking names for their children already based on the powers they likely will have.

Alright, Bakugou is a bad example.

There is an amazing title drop

It's spoiled me on all other title drops from now on. Give me a full page culmination of everything that's gone before or give me nothing.

The actual reason the author picked the names isn't the issue at hand.

You said word for word that there was no explanation for the characters being named after their powers even though a whole chapter was dedicated to it.

Alright. Fuck me, BnHA was a bad choice of example. I'm just saying that there isn't a reason for Agni to be called Agni other than it being appropriate on a meta level.

I guess you could explain it as a half-forgotten fire deity being considered a lucky thing to name your kid after in a frozen world.

I only started reading this because someone posted a page of MC almost fucking his imouto in a thread once. I'm pleasantly surprised, even if I didn't get my incest fix

Those were the dark ages before meaningful character writing.

If this ever gets an anime, who should compose the ost?

wait where is agni

yor momma