Why there isn't any good zombie apocalypse anime? And by good I mean

Why there isn't any good zombie apocalypse anime? And by good I mean

> no hamfisted haremshit or moeshit
> actual survival situations

I get anime usually sucks at horror, but zombies should be a given.

Zombies are shit.

not anime, but "I Am A Hero" is pretty much the best Nipponese zombie story. It even got a live-action film adaptation recently, which I´ve not seen myself.

See Enjoy. It's a manga but fucking amazing Zombie Apocalypse story.

Gakkou Gurashi was p good.

because zombies are lazy uninspired garbage

Tenkuu Shinpan was close but then it turned into powerlevels trash after the author of Ajin took over.

George Romero and Lucio Fulci are the only men in the history of the universe to create good zombie media. Don't hold it against Japan. The whole world sucks at it.

It's trash

So is anime, surely if you put the two together they'd cancel out and form something great right?

>George Romero and Lucio Fulci are the only men in the history of the universe to create good zombie media.
Shinji Mikami did fine job re-introducing and improving zombie phenomenon in late 90s.

Zombies are trash so I don't know why this is a problem.

You're trash!

Yeah but any RE after 4 is trash.

coincidentally Mikami left after 4.

I actually enjoyed Highschool of the Dead... but the author gave up and ran away. Left the artist hanging....

Well if we're including video games I think that Resident Evil and Dead Rising are worthy additions to the canon. It's a shame that they both went completely to shit with sequels. Dead Rising crashed particularly hard and fast after such a fantastic first installment.

Boku no pico will never be topped.
It's why they gave up making more zombie series.

Because zombie apocalypses are dumb.

>zombies
>good
Pick one. Zombieshit is a giant cancerous tumor on the horror genre.

Victor Halperin was alright, but his zombieshit is more traditional and closer to the original Haitian zombies than Romero's.

whats wrong with highschool of the dead

Zombie shit is just a fad that people are still beating the dead horse with. All of them have cookie cutter samefagging plots of: outbreak, survival run, regrouping, group conflict, death, regroup rinse and repeat. And if they get far enough, salvation but soon to become false hope.

HOTD is better than 99% of American zombie flicks you retard.

RE4 is trash.
The thought RE4 is considered a part of the same series gives me a physical feeling of nausea.

Is manga finished?

>ecchi trash
>good

this

sorry, but as different and in retrospective controversial you may find RE4 now, it was air of fresh wind back in 04, sparking optimistic views for the series´ future.

Japanese just can't do horror well from our point of view. We only got a couple of anime about zombies and they all ended up being shit
>HOTD
ended up being about tits instead of being a zombie apocalypse
>Gakkou Gurashi
It tried but the anime is just bad. The manga is slighty better, and has that mysterious tone to it, but it still falls short.
>Kabaneri
Not even bothering, it was shit and I personally couldn't stand Mumei

I suppose you can put in stuff like the Resident evil anime movies and stuff like Gyo but personally I can't see those as fitting the criteria

The rest isn't even worth mentioning since they're either comedy or action, nothing to do with actual zombie apocalypse.

Like said, I am a hero is still the best out there, but even that went to shit when it became "lol alien hives dude" and the underpants weirdo's

Because the zombie genre is shit and japan knows to avoid it.

Japanese horror always ends up going supernatural, it's just a cultural thing

Holy fuck Sup Forums needs to leave

So are most zombie flicks.
What the fuck do you even expect out of one of the most retarded movie memes of all time?!

Jeez.

no you

just read The Walking Dead, yes it's western but I can't see there ever being a better Zombie Apocalypse comic

There's I am a hero and spinoffs.
Also I kind of like Gakkou Gurashi
Also the first Dead Rising is pretty anime

High school of the dead is kind of interesting mix. On the other hand it follows pretty much exactly all the "genre" cliches so you can see the creator had a lot of love to give, on the other hand it's pretty shit.

If we assume this statement is true then there's one good zombie film in the universe.

>one good zombie film
It's not that bad
>Night of the Living Dead
>Dawn of the Dead
>Day of the Dead
>The Beyond
>Zombi2
>City of the Living Dead
>House on the Edge of the Cemetary
>The Crazies (maybe)

If I don't praise these movies who will?

That list has only one good zombie movie
Though I haven't seen The Crazies

Harsh dude, Fulci isn't for everyone but how can you not love Romero?

Okay, so what are zombies?
They symbolize the fear/guilt associated with collectivism, consumerism and the faceless Other, and the paranoiac fear that friends and neighbors may suddenly and unexpectedly turn against (you). There is also the fear of losing your free will under pressure from the faceless, devouring mass.
These fears are so basically American they do not translate well into other cultures or languages.

Maybe I'm too harsh. But still I'd argue Romero started going way downhill after Dawn, Day was pretty shit already and made me question whether he was actually good or if Night and Dawn had just been lucky accidents: interesting scenario was pretty much ruined with terrible characters and plot focus that seemed almost trivial.

Honestly I'm not even that harsh. I think many flicks featuring fast zombies are pretty entertaining, although in a different way than the "classics"

Also Shaun of the Dead is best thing created

Fear of others is universal though. You could also argue that zombies are pretty much a man reduced to animal instincts: man-animal hybrids are probably the most classic representation of monsters, seeing throughout history.

I think the basic zombie symbolism is often kind of far-fetched, as I personally believe the symbolism originating from Romero is just reading too much between the lines. Zombies work fine in any culture.

>These fears are so basically American
They're so basic for any society that is not made out of robots. Which is why it does not apply to Japan I guess.

nah its just shit

Zombie apocalypse stories are pretty shit in general.

Does this guy count as a zombie apocalypse by himself?

Why can't Americans make more horror movies like Jacob's Ladder?

>anime
Can't help you there buddy.

>one of the most retarded movie memes of all time
Or would you rather say "braindead"?

There was that one with the cute girls, but the dog ruined it.

This kind of shallow, argumentless statements are known as "trash".

Gakkou Gurashi?

Zombieshit sucks.

That's the only arousing scene in the history of Gundam.

Do you even know about Dan O'Bannon?

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record is good.

It's practically a low-level DLC to already a weak game. Franchise really died after the first one.