Redpill me on Mormonism

Is it a bunch of lies, or is there evidence of the gold plates and seer stone like there's proof that stories from the Bible happened

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qcQthyiTA7c
cesletter.org
youtu.be/oxTdghwaJjU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_Mother_(Mormonism)
youtube.com/watch?v=i1sO5vJfNWs
jefflindsay.com/LDSFAQ/FQ_prophecies.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Mormon_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Executive_Order_44
youtu.be/EvSo0ate4tM?t=708
fairmormon.org/answers/Mormonism_and_Wikipedia/Joseph_Smith,_Jr./1838_to_1839/051909.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump, I need answers Sup Forums

youtu.be/qcQthyiTA7c

100% lies. however I think I'm going to convert because culturally they can save America.

Satanic cult that has nothing to do with Christianity. Only the most corrupt would welcome Harry Reid as a member in good standing yet they excommunicated this guy for speaking.

cesletter.org

You're better off spiritually joining Scientology because at least they don't blaspheme the teachings of Jesus. Plus in the long run Scientology is cheaper.

You can't handle the redpill.

>is there evidence of the gold plates
all the witnesses testify of the authenticity of the plates

Related to the same " witnesses" responsible for the mass murder at Mountain Meadows?

Mormons are some of the nicest uncucked people on the planet. But religions are still mostly ponzi schemes.

Did those " witnesses" speak Reformed Egyptian too?

interestingly both Dan Vogel and Christopher Nemelka call the gold plates a "prop" and for very different reasons.

ex mormon from utah here. its all a farce concocted by a con-man. culturally they are a clean and hard-working people so i have no problem with them. but the beliefs are Scientology tier.

I worship Lamb Chops

It's a cult founded by a con artist, stay away

Mitt Romney might run against Trump in 2020. Trump is gonna mock his underwear. You can bet on it. He already knows that 7 or so million Mormons isn't that important a demographic.

>is there evidence of the gold plates and seer stone like there's proof that stories from the Bible happened
Yes, in that there isn't any proof for either. The Exodus story is just the ancient Holohoax.

>The Exodus story is just the ancient Holohoax.
Shockingly rare to see this on Sup Forums even though it's a thousand times more likely that ((they)) were forcefully expelled from Egypt

Nah man there's hard evidence that at the very least a fraction of the stories from the Bible have some truth

they have the geography and historical names, but that doesn't mean they contain actual real history.

It's the sequel to the Bible made by a director that was a high as fuck.

all Mormonism is bastardized Protestantism that has has an excessive amount of American-exceptionalism attached

This.

Mormonism is blasphemy

Mormons are based Christians who realize that we're supposed to become like Christ and create our own worlds in the future. Beta protestants and Catholics don't understand the Bible so they call it heresy.

but Mormons use the King James bible that is completely irrelevant to Christianity as only shitty Evangelists and Anglicancucks use it

>there's hard evidence that at the very least a fraction of the stories from the Bible have some truth
Like what? I'm serious, what parts do you think are actual history and not just tribal myths?

youtu.be/oxTdghwaJjU

If the top of my head the story of Sodom and Gomorrah has been proven right, the only thing they can't prove is that the found cities were filled with gays, also there's a lot of evidence of Jesus, and the shroud of Turin dates back to around 35AD

They believe in a heavenly mother:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_Mother_(Mormonism)

God is a chick? LMAO!

Redpilled religion, probably the most successful Restorationist movement on earth.

Proddies will say they are Satanists. Catholics will tolerate them at least.

>Heavenly_Mother

gimme some of that

The 12 witnesses testify to the authenticity in addition that the circumstances of Joseph Smith meant that he was either a creative/theocratical genius or he could not have written the book of Mormon, he could not write a correctly worded letter with his 3rd grade education

The PGP, contains accurate places and names years before Egyptian was able to be translated by the mainstream (in Europe) where the pgp was "translated" in America.

Joseph was able to prophecy with stunning accuracy future events such as the civil war, including where it began and details such as the south asking Europe for help, he also prophesied the development of the Democratic and Republican parties (by explicit name) long before either of them were realized as such.

Common arguments for and against the Bible also apply to jo Smith and the bom, people claiming Mormonism is a satanic religion have not studied the religion or read the bom in the same way people who believe that Judaism is a noble religion have not studied the Babylonian talmud.. the book of Mormon makes reference to Christ thousands of times.

The influence and theology of Joseph Smith during his time cannot be understated there are a myriad of eyewitness accounts of miraculous healings performed by Joseph some of these witnesses are not Mormon supporters.

The 12 witnesses who witnessed the book of Mormon did not all stay in agreement with Joseph but none of them ever withdrew their stance in regards to the book.

Thre is more of course but this is just what's off the top of my head

100% lies made by a conman. However, it’s adheren are by and large based. Mormons are mainly white, and Women are expected to have lots of kids. Probably the only hope for the White Race.

Technically they use Josephs corrective translation of the Bible which was based on the kjv, also one of the articles of faith states they only believe the Bible as far as it's translation is correct

>muh based and red pill
Why is there so many idiots out there that judge religions like this. People like you are easy to manipulate.

Lies made by a genius, self sacrificing, benevolent conman. At least get your insult right

Interesting, a witness can never be 100% trusted, but at the same time there's no reason to why they would lie. Can you elaborate on those predictions by Joseph Smith?

((Wikipedia)). Also that's a pretty gross over simplification

Let me tell you about the Mormons.

I went to an abusive boarding school owned by these fuckers, with about 80% of the staff being Mormon as well. They are actually quite famous for being international schools that consistently keep getting shut down for starving and beating kids, emotional abuse, lack of medical care, locking kids in isolation for weeks, as well as rape of female and male students.

Anyway, going through this Mormon brainwashing school, these Mormons are some sick people. Truly fucking sick. I'm not even Christian anymore but these fuckers are an embarassment to all Christianity.

youtube.com/watch?v=i1sO5vJfNWs

Its lies, but the people who follow it are some of the kindest I have ever seen. A very thight knit community with good support in my eyes.
I did think about converting at some point, just to live in a nice community with a husband and children, with good values.

There are many examples of prophecy by Smith, the civil war one is the most striking but there are others Including his own untimely death. jefflindsay.com/LDSFAQ/FQ_prophecies.shtml

I've been a Mormon my whole life and have never heard of any mormon owned boarding school

We all know you're a fucking mormon, OP. The only people who start these threads are mormons and then they get their shit pushed in by the end of every thread.

WWASP is Mormon owned and run from top to bottom, but they are mostly shut down save for a couple schools nowadays

It's not church owner or endorsed

>Some Mormons did a bad thing therefore everything related to Mormonism is bad

So you say

>Lies made by a genius, self sacrificing, benevolent conman.

You brainwashed little shit. Joseph Smith tried to take territory from pioneers, because he thought it was promised to him. Then he got chased out of the state for being an extremist "self-sacrificing and benevolent" conman.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Mormon_War

I've been a Mormon my whole life and have never heard of any mormon owned boarding school

They still have them. My roommate at BYU went to one in Mexico. BYU used to be one actually.

That's my cousin in the Cosmo costume at Aspen Grove with our grandfather. He's a GA. Been a Mormon my whole life.

Was that before or after the government refused to affirm it's claim to religious liberty? At one point it was **legal** to kill Mormons. And your upset they didn't turn the other cheek?

TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS

>Red pill me on X. (with no extra content or input of your own)

MODS MODS MODS!!!!!

Shut up nigger. Bread is gud

>Mfw a Nazi larper is using a Jewish website to attack. Religion he doesn't like

>At one point it was **legal** to kill Mormons.

It was right smack in the middle of the mormon war. This is how they dealt with religious extremists that were attacking their people and land.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Executive_Order_44

>Was that before or after the government refused to affirm it's claim to religious liberty?

Mormons tried to pull an Isreali type of land grab. But no-one was buying their shit and they got pushed out after they got violent. Learn your history buddy. Your founders are not good people by any stretch.

Smith was a Freemason. They're blindly devoted and believe the natives were a lost tribe of Israel. While they do have wonderful anti-degenerate policies, they however were founded by a corrupt charlatan with corrupt motives. They're good people, just very heavily misguided and have almost a cult like mentality.

All these people sourcing Wikipedia do I even need to provide a counter argument? I will anyway the one who doesn't know history is you the persecution of Mormons started long before the Mormon war or this "Israeli style land grab" maybe being run out of two states prior to this justifies some retaliation? Also why did you burn our temples man what was your justification for that

>Nazi larper

Cause Sup Forums is one person, right? It's interesting the mental gymnastics mormons do.

youtu.be/EvSo0ate4tM?t=708

Fantastic video of a guy dealing with how mormons deliberately hide truths. Especially things that even their own church cataloged and recorded for the public.

these Mormon threads are very well coordinated.

>All these people sourcing Wikipedia do I even need to provide a counter argument?

This isn't 2005, faggot. Wikipedia has sources you can follow and a conglomerate of consistent revisers to make sure those sources hold up. The fact that you're discounting wikipedia, because it's wikipedia.. says volumes about how you interpret truth.

>Also why did you burn our temples man what was your justification for that

I wasn't living around then and you're reaching for mormons to be the victim in this story.

Thought he was the one with the natsoc flag, hard to see on the phone my bad...

You are right about a little bit of Mormon history glittering, but the stuff coming from Wikipedia is no more accurate

Temples burned for no reason repeatedly isn't reaching, also I'm not discounting Wikipedia b.c it's Wikipedia I'm discounting it because it's innacurate fairmormon.org/answers/Mormonism_and_Wikipedia/Joseph_Smith,_Jr./1838_to_1839/051909. Failure of Wikipedia to represent controversial issues is well documented

>Redpilled

They were the biggest conservative movement against trump.

Trump won utah

>Failure of Wikipedia to represent controversial issues is well documented

Hilarious a website of LDS people claiming wikipedia is wronging their truth. You know who also complains about wikipedia doing this?... scientology. They've been trying to push their agenda on wikipedia for a long time, but due to diligent editors, they never get a foothold. The same is true for your religion as well. The point of wikipedia is to get as close to objectivity as you can in a subjective world. It is not their to push the truth that the mormon church wants. It's there to push the truth that historical record presents and that site bitching about blatant mormon propaganda not getting cited is hilarious.

ok, they are still conservatives, Trump lost utah in the primary, and Utah had the biggest 3rd party % votes in the country. They weren't gonna vote for hillary but they would have taken any conservative before trump.

Do you think Wikipedia covers trump fairly or are you a literal? Just curious

Believe it or not I'm the first one to criticize Mormons as a people , I have many gripes with Mormons/Mormon culture but they are widely misrepresented

*Liberal

As to

>stunning accuracy

"For behold, the Southern States shall be divided against the Northern States, and the Southern States will call on other nations, even the nation of Great Britain, as it is called, and they shall also call upon other nations, in order to defend themselves against other nations; and then war shall be poured out upon all nations."

This predicted a world war, which never happened.

It's the most Sup Forums approved branch of Christianity. Because they have not compromised on social values like most other mainline churches have on women/diversity/gays/etc.
They are the perfect combination because most other conservative branches are autistic about using technology like the Amish.

>are you a literal?

I can only hope that I am a literal.

>Do you think Wikipedia covers trump fairly

Have you gone through his wiki? All presidents have their scandals in their wiki. Obama has Benghazi, Clinton has his affair. What kind of wiki would be "fair" to Trump?

>widely misrepresented

They are the 800 pound gorilla screaming victim.

/Thread

Complete lies, but is a wonderful means of keeping niggers from shitting up your cities

1800s Scientology.

I get why people equate LDS and COS.

I think for me the biggest difference is in Scientology you are an eternal being and this life means nothing. Thus your children mean nothing. All that matters is clearing the planet, everything else (truth, morality, family, God) is worthless.

In the Mormon church family is everything. If you mess that up you are never getting to the celestial kingdom. Thus having as many kids as possible and raising them as good Mormons is the most important thing.

I consider myself an agnostic Christian just looking for the truth

Mormons and their Star Craft LAN parties with the Mountain Dew fountains...

Burn in Hell with your heretic boyfriend yoU fucking liar. Mormons are the cancer of Christianity.

You wont get proof from physical evidence, just from testing out the principles.

Sure buddy. An agnostic christian copy and pastes the same LDS opener we see on Sup Forums every week. Nobody gives a fuck about mormons on Sup Forums except for mormons and why the fuck are you guys even on Sup Forums?

you'll get evidence of the Book of Mormon being a literal history by being a good person?
now come on, brotherrrr.

I literally just made this thread after rewatching the south park Mormon episode and wanted to see Sup Forums's opinion on the religion

The craziest thing for me is stuff he said time was relative to where you lived before Einstein.

I think you are confused with another religion. Mormons are definitely not famous for this.

Polygamy leads to inbreeding.

"being a good person" is loser talk. The book covers various aspects of life such as : the nature of this world, how to handle problems, how to handle money, knowing what kind of person to marry, when to kill, how to kill, how to defend your family and your nation and how to recognize when your system is being taking over by a cabal... the tell tell signs...

too many things for me to write but that is for us who are not lazy.

>Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts. And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
--Moroni 10:3-5

Inbreeding that is the equivalent to to fucking your second cousin, after about 3 generations the genetic differences would be so great it wouldn't really have an effect. Besides everyone shares an ancestor with someone, if you know someone that is of the same race and nationality as you chances are you'd be at the very least 30th cousins

>red pill me on Moronism
It's Jesus in space.

Now you're just making shit up. Victim? Explain or lurk more.

bump

The million dollar question:

Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test: Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God’s name in vain? Jesus said,
“Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
If you have done these things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart,
and the Bible warns that one day God will punish you in a terrible place called Hell.
But God is not willing that any should perish. Sinners broke God’s Law and Jesus paid their fine.
This means that God can legally dismiss their case:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Then Jesus rose from the dead, defeating death. Today, repent and trust Jesus, and God will give you eternal life as a free gift.
Then read the Bible daily and obey it. God will never fail you.

Heretics.

we should co-opt mormonism
> big white families
> traditional values
> we could cry muhhh religion is any one questioned are Sup Forums beliefs

Basically this, annons have literally nothing to loose by getting a free copy of the book of mormon and reading it, i'm british and I go to BYU idaho and its unironically 95%+ conservative, 100's of pure qt's too, honestly its the only hope for the west

It used to be based AF
>believed niggers were a literal curse
>only way a nigger could get into heaven was by promising to be a slave to white people in the afterlife
>had temple statues depicting the devil as a nigger
>believed all humans were originally white until curse of cain
The church cucked out of course and is now pandering to SJWs. Read the Journal of Discourses if you want the actualy theology explained, the church doesn't recognize it as canon anymore cause muh political correctness like when they "lifted" the nigger priesthood ban over muh tax exempt status.
>American-exceptionalism
>bad
They gave up on polygamy over a hundred years ago dummy. Only the crazy FLDS sect practices it and everyone in Utah hates them.

>--Moroni 10:3-5
moroni was the last great prophet before joseph smith. mohammed was not

>It used to be based AF
>>believed niggers were a literal curse

it will go back to that with this chad at the helm. elder oaks