What If Evangelion 4.0 fails?

What If Evangelion 4.0 fails?

probably will. it's like they're unable to finish the story properly.

the ending to the t.v. series had a convoluted pretentious ending and that tried too hard to say so much where it ended up saying very little coherently.

then they tried to redo it with end of evangelion...same problem.

then 3.0 already veered off the path in terms of story-telling...so I imagine that'll the end will fly off the cliff yet again.

I love the show but I wish it would keep it's head out of the clouds when trying to tell the ending. it's like all spices with minimal meat on the bone.

We all know the movie is going to suck, user. Anno has completely cocooned from artist to businessman. Don't expect anything. You will still get disappointed. Omedetou.

>if

>make a movie where the mc's whole life is laid out flashing before his eyes
>people are convinced it's just a bunch of surrealistic images and faggotry put together

>make a movie with just a bunch of surrealistic images and faggotry put together
>people find hidden meanings and conspiracy theories in it to this day

Bravo, Anno.

Also, as the King put it much better than I could, she was always on his mind.

It won't. Because Evangelion.

Because this is Evangelion, the best way for the movie to be hailed as a masterpiece is if it's a complete disaster.

>if

The only way to tie everything together nicely would be with a good ol' gainax ending.

I just want some unimaginable and unpronouncable legal problem to happen to Khara, so they can never sell the licence to make an Eva idol show, Butcher Eva, Isekai Eva, Eva Basketball, Gargoyle's cunterattack, Eva battle harem, or Stuck-in-a-videogame-vangelion.

It can't fail if they don't release it

The shows ending did feel very rushed but I would argue that it at least got its point across decently enough in the last 4 episodes.

That's what we are expecting. The surprise would be the exact opposite.

> a convoluted pretentious ending
Have people repeating this even watched the ending in question? There's nothing convoluted about it, they throw the intended message straight at the viewer, just in case anyone wasn't able to figure it out themself.
Stop looking for hidden meanings in a show that gives you its meaning flat out, and maybe you won't see it as convoluted, ffs.
> What If Evangelion 4.0 fails?
Define failure. It will always sell, and there will always be people who like it.

Nobody will be surprised.

why the question?

they can't undo 3.0

It's not a question "if" it will fail but "how" will it fail.

>Stop looking for hidden meanings in a show that gives you its meaning flat out, and maybe you won't see it as convoluted, ffs.

it's definitely cryptic...so much so where it's a failing of the show. it tries too hard to be smarter than it really is and just falls flat. I'm glad it was straight forward for you. most people disagree, and even if they don't most people can agree that the ending is filled with ambiguity.

>Anno has completely cocooned from artist to businessman.
Someone hasn't seen Shin Godzilla. After that, I actually have hope for 3.0+1.0.

What do you mean by fails?
Financially? Fuck no, it will sell billions like everything that is Eva.
Story-wise? Yeah, it's going to be shit.
Hype-wise? Nah, Sup Forums will have a meltdown once it hits theaters. I'm looking forward to the shitposting.

It'll only fail for those that've seen the originals, or those who're too old or young to get into Eva.
To it's target audience, teenage boys who just hit puberty, it'll be the best thing ever. They'll buy all 4 movies in the Blu-Ray set over and over again, build a shrine for them, and write a detailed thesis on why it's so great and deep so they can post it online whenever someone says something bad about it.

I have. Riked it.
Maybe I should have added this in the original post, but Eva is so merchandise driven by now it has to pander to the largest volume of people it can.
Shin Godzilla was good because its success or failure wasn't limited by the number of plugsuits it could sell.

>Isekai Eva
That would sell so much.

It won't fail if it Anno finally ties it to originals with loop theories or whatever.
But he needs to do it properly or he will render the original's lesson meaningless, considering that Shinji and Asuka finally grow up to accept themselves at the end.
I don't know, I really want some cool mindfuck and end to the storym so I can die a happy man after 20 years of suffering

>he will render the original's lesson meaningless
He already did that by repeating Shinji's story all over again. If it really is loop shenanigans, then that means Shinji didn't learn anything or progress at all from the series.

Plus Asuka Soryu from the series isn't even in Rebuild, she's been deleted from the franchise, so that also soils EoE's ending.

>sequel or remake

Interesting

What ever happened to the real Asuka? Is she locked away in cold sleep in some creepy nerv warehouse?

>soils EoE's ending.
also phrasing

How would your EoE go?

Correct answer. It won't fail.

>the ending to the t.v. series had a convoluted pretentious ending and that tried too hard to say so much where it ended up saying very little coherently
I don't really understand what did you mean by this
It didn't try hard, it just shoved all the ideas in your mouth
EoE didn't redo anything, it was supposed to be the original ending, it bears slightly different message, so I prefer to combine them rather than divide
Can't say I was completely satisfied with both endings but they delivered their message properly and ended character arks with hope for future