Berserk

Why does Jill have so many bruises? Did she get those from when her father beat her, or are they implying Guts did it in his sleep?

Also, Berserk thread.

>Did she get those from when her father beat her, or are they implying Guts did it in his sleep?
>Guts did it in his sleep?

>Did she get those from when her father beat her
yep

It's pretty clear that Guts doesn't sleep very soundly, he obviously moves around quite a bit when he has bad dreams so I wouldn't be super surprised if he had accidentally hurt her while sleeping considering his shocked reaction to seeing her bruises and the fact that her father didn't even hit her in the places she has bruises.

When is someone going to die in this manga

His reaction to her injuries does seem a little off considering that he had no objections when her father was actually hitting her, only when he saw them when he woke up.

>he obviously moves around quite a bit when he has bad dreams so I wouldn't be super surprised if he had accidentally hurt her while sleeping
Seriously?

Yeah. What's so hard about this to understand? Guts obviously has intense nightmares like pic related, and they show somewhere in chapter 3 or 4 I think that he squirms around while sleeping. If Guts didn't do it, why does he have such a sad expression upon seeing them despite the fact that he clearly doesn't care much when her father us actually beating her on this page: ?
If Guts didn't do it, where did she get those bruises from? Her cheek is bruised, but she held a hand in front of her cheek, that wasn't a place her father hit.

Edge faggot detected

> If Guts didn't do it, why does he have such a sad expression upon seeing them despite the fact that he clearly doesn't care much when her father us actually beating her on this page: ?
>If Guts didn't do it, where did she get those bruises from?
Please don't lose sight of reality.

I'm confused, that still doesn't answer my question. How did she get those bruises and why does Guts look so sad to see them if he didn't give them to her and it doesn't look like her father gave them to her either? Was it Puck? That bastard.

Her father is clearly hitting her in the head and she's blocking it with her hands, this seems to line up perfectly.

I really don't think she'd be asleep on his lap if he was hitting her while he was sleeping.

>why does he have such a sad expression upon seeing them despite the fact that he clearly doesn't care much when her father us actually beating her on this page

Gee I dunno user maybe upon seeing them up close he actually feels compassion and regret for not saying anything earlier? This is a quiet and intimate moment and the tough guy facade that Guts puts up when around people is cracking, like it does all the damn time when he's alone or with trusted people.

>this seems to line up perfectly.
It really doesn't though. The father hits her four times yet she has nine bruises. Five of those are on her hands, yet he doesn't hit her in the hand. One of them is on her forehead and one of them is on her upper cheek, places she was clearly protecting with her hand.

>Gee I dunno user maybe upon seeing them up close he actually feels compassion and regret for not saying anything earlier? This is a quiet and intimate moment and the tough guy facade that Guts puts up when around people is cracking, like it does all the damn time when he's alone or with trusted people.
Since when does Guts do anything other than exactly what he wants? It seems very, very out of character for Guts to dislike something someone is doing but not actually do anything about it. Guts says and does whatever he wants, it's way too far of a stretch to think that he wasn't ok with the dad beating her yet he still let him do it.

You know bruises can last for days right?! And sometimes they don't appear until the next day, if your delicate frame has ever gotten a bruise, you would fucking know this. What am I fucking reading, this has to be a retard thread, this can't be how stupid you people are

I'll admit I thought you weren't paying attention to the paneling during the hitting but now I think you're looking TOO closely. I believe these panels convey continuous hitting over time - not four specific whacks. The stick could also hit her across her face and hands simultaneously. Also brings up a good point. Guts, being a warrior, would be familiar with bruising and could be noticing up close how long this has been going on. The bruises represent a history of domestic violence.

Also even if Guts does what he wants, that still doesn't mean he's invulnerable or change his mind about things later - especially when he has a bruised child sleeping in his lap.

There's no reason to be a cunt about it, it's a simple question.
I suppose so. I'm very fair-skinned so I'm used to bruises appearing immediately on me, never a delayed response. I still do find it odd that Guts evidently has an issue with the bruises yet didn't have an issue with the actual beating.

The entire point of her character is to crack the shell Guts has surrounded himself in since the Eclipse.

That doesn't happen instantly.

How do you guys feel about the direction the art has taken as the manga has moved forward?

I hate it.

It's really bad. Everything looks so fake and low quality now, it's terrible. I'm a Berserk fan and I always will be so I'll still read every chapter, but I'm not going to be happy about it.

Yeah I also hate those michael-jackson-faces but I guess he just likes those... everything else is still neat.

OP has autism.