Who here (re)watching the whole series in anticipation for season 3? As in the 2 seasons, Akito, the picture dramas...

Who here (re)watching the whole series in anticipation for season 3? As in the 2 seasons, Akito, the picture dramas, the manga spinoffs, the OVA, the audio drama, etc.
>do it for him

Akito is dogshit
dogshit
dogshit.

Not as much as you OP, but I'm going to watch it again when I head back to school with my roommate. He hasn't seen it yet and has been meaning to watch it for a while so it should be good.

Man they really couldn't resist that cash cow.

litterally on r2 right now user, just took a break to come here and saw this

>not waiting for the recap movies with new content

Eh there's some interesting info in some of the other stuff I listed in the OP.
>tfw didn't know Nunally was originally going to be married to one of Suzaku's relatives

Rewatching the dub

Boy did I forgot how terrible every non-CC female VA was.

Yes, aside from the manga spinoffs.

Is the picture drama and audio drama worth it?

Finished my rewatched of R1 and R2 on Sunday, but why on earth would I rewatch Akito?

Not me. I'm too busy watching better Sunrise shows.

Man, the day I was up all night finishing the last 15 episodes of R2 was a great memory

>Clovis 36 losses (in 37 matches) against Lelouch in chess
>their final match looked like Clovis was finally going to win
>gets interrupted by Lelouch's meeting with the Charles
>talking with Schneizel and Cornelia
>I've started to think of the conflict in Area 11 as a chess problem he [Lelouch] left for me to solve
>that land is Lelouch's final resting place, I want to make it as quiet for him as I can
>mfw

I've tried to watch it again .. but somehow it becomes a pain in the ass to see how many mistakes can the so called genius make both in using his powers and his authority. Even though he could leave an order of absolute obedience he simply screws around by giving one time orders.

Finished my rewatch of R1 and R2 two days ago. I'm still unsure whether I should bother with Akito.

Finished rewatching it last week.

My chess senses triggered every match, fucking Clovis moving his King into Check, ITS NOT A LEGAL MOVE.
I wish someone with more autism than me could make a move-by-move analysis of those weird chess boards for me to pick apart. Actually, fuck it ill pull up the episode again

k-keep me posted

I would be if it wasn't for that choose your own adventure game never getting translated. Until it is I won't be satisfied.

>watching Akito

No, just no. It does nothing to add anything into the story. Even /m/ won't defend that shit

I liked pretty much everyone but nunnally.

Jeremiahs VA is 10/10, love it over the sub

>Akito

Oh boy, it's blatant cash grab of the past few years with nothing making sense.

>EU which is suppose to be "rabble" can fight off lelouch, knights of the round, Suzaku, rolo, and the britannian army
>lelouch isn't even the same character because "reasons"
>mechs that Britannia has are easily countered even though in R2 everyone acts completely surprised when things are countered
>the whole point of lelouch being in the EU serves basically no point outside of an impractical distraction
>lelouch doesn't even do anything except cry a bunch
>mech fights happen in places that all feel completely out of place
>the time lelouch spent in the EU doesn't seem to be accounted anywhere in the rest of the series
>mech tech in their respective timeline doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the rest of the series
>even the japanese sales declined fast with the series

Don't bother with the movies unless you just want Directed by Micheal Bay, mech fights that feel out of place.

When does R3 come out anyway?

1-2 years is the best guess anyone has. Seeing how it is sunrise and this is a garunteed cash generator it could be closer to a year

Diethard is the best VA in the dub

Can some kind user upload the commentary audio tracks and subs. Been looking out for it for a while

>rewatching anime
Kek

Yeah, still though. Nothing gets past orange going ALL HAIL BRITANNIA, the English dub is probably in my top 5 most acceptable/favorite dubs ever

thanks, Damn shame. Now I gotta rewatch it.

Never watched Geass, is it worth picking up or one of these "only GOAT if you watch it with Sup Forums" animes?

It's legitimately good, I missed it on Sup Forums too but enjoyed every bit of watching it.
>those last 10 epiosdes
most fun in anime I have had in a LONG time

Clovis did nothing wrong ;_;

It's good, plus this board will be a nightmare if you don't by the time R3 airs.

He was doing something unknowingly wrong. In his mind he was just doing whatever it took to be Charles' favorite kid for power.

Doubt he really had any real understanding of exactly what he was dabbling into though

Okay, After analyzing the placement of the board in all the frames it appears in, I've found that there is a definite animation error in that Lelouch's rightmost pawn disappears for a few moves, then reappears at the end.

This is the first play-by-play I've created that can actually match what's shown on screen and it shows two interesting things.
1st, both of them are playing like retards
2nd, Schneizel had to have taken the initiative; substantially moving his king around as an offensive player before Lulouch moved out of his castling position (yes he inside castled this game)

[cont]

[cont]

This frame is White(Schneizel)'s unlawful move directly following the animatic.

In any case, the play by play needs to be reworked so that their moves make at least a little sense in context, but to change the order that way I will need to have Schneizel move his King around for no reason in the beginning of the scene, which doesn't match at all with what was going on in the episode.

In any case, the creators could have spent more time creating a realistic scenario

Schnizel wasn't playing chess at this point, he may have not even been playing chess at all. His true intent was to find out about what kind of person Zero was. He had suppositions on who Zero was so he had no real concern about losing, only finding out if he was right.

There's been so much discussion about this move, it basically always boils down to the fact the chess game was a farce to Schnizel, but was serious to Lelouch.

I can understand that, but what I had suspected before, and this confirmed for me, was the fact that Zero states his
>"the king must move for his pieces to follow"
line either directly, or several minutes after, his opponent was already moving his King strategically.

That means that his line was even more stupid in context than it sounds (as was the gasping audience and feigned surprise) in addition to Schneizel setting Zero up to make that move for the entire game, just so he could make that move.

I just wanted to pin down what i didnt like about the game, thats all

I am rewatching it as well. Im on R2 episode 13. Lelouch just took the chinese federations figure head, the white haired girl, when the eunichs were trying to marry her off.

I've watched the original 4 times and Akito twice. Don't think I need to watch it again in anticipation.

He does the voice of Garen if anyone plays LoL

I think Cornelias VA did well. And so did Violettas

>That means that his line was even more stupid in context than it sounds

Not really, he's used that line before in games to throw his opponents off and a little for the drama. So in context it works. Every time we've seen him do that usually he isn't expecting his opponent to do the same, this time was different.

I get what you are saying about the game, but honestly it didn't bother after I saw the game completed because I started to realize.

1. Schnizel was never playing the chess game to begin with, Suzaku would have bust out or been damn near useless without the Lancelot for Schnizel to consider a threat.

2. Zero was so focused on the game and getting Suzaku out of there because he assumed his trump card Geass would get him out of any bind that he didn't focus on the game schinzel was playing him for.

That's kinda the way I looked at it so it didn't bother me any.

In hindsight, I really don't think Lelouch really needed to kill Clovis.

Like Clovis really only died to get the other siblings in the picture, and get them to theorize that Zero was a person with a grudge against the royal family. But in terms of Lelouch's actual goals killing Clovis didn't really do much.

A shame we only learn about the guy's motives and such in side material too. I think it would have been better for Lelouch to learn about why he was viceroy in the main series. Would have been a nice addition to his pile of regrets.

The only annoying one was Nunnally

It was mediocre abck then and its shit now. Do you faggots base your favorite shows on a leddit tierlist?

Yoi cant truly enjoy that Mary Sue shitshow?

>be me
>only watch old anime so I can watch them in superior dub without worrying about new material being released in Japanese only
>find an old show called code geass
>watch in dub
>happy with the ending where the mc dies so I know nothing new will be released
>one week later they announce s3
fffffuuuuu

Kek, someone wasn't here in 2006.

elborate I haven't read any of the side stories or watched Akito

Side material revealed that the only reason Clovis volunteered to become the viceroy of Japan was because he thought Lelouch and Nunnally died there. He wanted to govern it and make it a peaceful sort of memorial for his siblings. But as time went on he grew pretty spiteful and blamed the Japanese for his siblings' deaths.

So Clovis was legitimately happy to see his brother was alive in the scene where Lelouch killed him. From Lelouch's perspective it probably looked like Clovis was just begging for his life, but the guy was legitimately wanting to have his brother back with him and the rest of their family. Which, considering it was the first time Lelouch directly got his hand's bloody, would have probably depressed Lelouch in retrospect if he knew about it.

They don't bother to detail any of this in the actual show though, aside from Euphemia's comments on him being supposedly gentle. Which without the context of the side material felt more like a case of dramatic irony since the audience knows about the massacre of elevens he did to capture C.C.

>In hindsight, I really don't think Lelouch really needed to kill Clovis.

He say lelouch's face and identified him as a threat. There was no other way out of it. It also helped through the family into disarray with suspicion. In actuality it had to occur if lelouch wanted to make his own work a lot easier.

It's kinda sad about the side material but from lelouch's perspective there was no way for him to find that information out. Besides, lelouch was probably already thinking a bit ahead.

Pro's to killing clovis
>Get elevens trust
>start getting media and other groups attentions
>throws military power into some internal chaos
>buys time for lelouch to plan his next move
>secures no one knows who he is or what power he has

There was no reason for him not to kill the viceroy with the information lelouch had at the time. Even if he did know, he may have not even believed it due to how much the family had already burned him.

Akito is alright, but I still enjoy the original Code Geass more. The picture dramas and audio dramas are pretty neat. Some are interesting, others funny.

>Akito is alright

Did we watch the same stuff? Akito's first movie was barely watchable. I think most of the people on /m/ act like one part of the ova series doesn't even exist because how little sense it makes

Most of what you wrote about Akito is inaccurate though.

The Emperor called the EU rabble. That doesn't mean they have to be. Also, they didn't fight off Lelouch or Suzaku at all during this period and lost to the actual Knights of the Rounds when they came in to invade. I don't see what you're moaning about.

Why should Lelouch be the same character? That wouldn't work.

Considering the war between Britannia and the EU has been going on for years, you're making a ton of assumptions based on nothing. R2-era technology was superior to anything the EU had in Akito so your complaint makes no sense.

Lelouch set a couple of events in motion, but yes. He wasn't important. Why should he do more?

The mecha fights all happened in totally normal places for an anime mecha fight to happen.

Why should it be accounted for? It doesn't change Lelouch's life at all.

On the contrary, the mecha technology is the same. Just animated differently. Also, like Gundam, they do have experiments and prototypes that don't even up being replicated later.

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention, but it's normal for Japanese sales to decline between volumes of an anime, including Code Geass but also anything.

The fights are nothing like those of Bay, so you're talking nonsense there.

akito is absolute trash, needs to be deleted from this world

also, I'm not too hyped for 3 because I think it will be disappointing

This was never a show intended to be realistic, so I appreciate your comments yet find there to be almost no need to change. Especially since Schneizel was screwing up Lelouch's mind with that move. He didn't seriously expect to continue the game.

>Akito

I feel like shoving you both for being so irrational about stuff. So you don't like Akito huh?...Then don't watch it. Let other people do whatever and be more reasonable perhaps.

>wah stop having opinions different to mine

I consider it my duty to stop people from watching cashgrab bullshit that pisses on my favorite series.

That gif is pretty extreme though. Didn't bother me at all. Just standard spin-off stuff.

You should leave this place before your precious feelings get crushed after a few anons point at your lack of standards.

>standards
>on Sup Forums
ok

same here, i came to post this. I can't stop rewinding and playing this part.

I want more.

I'm way too caught up in YoI to do that. So much so I can't watch anything else. But I'll probably do it after it ends.