Name a deeper anime than Hunter x Hunter

Name a deeper anime than Hunter x Hunter.

Boku no pico

Evangelion.

btfo

digimon tamers

Me fuck your mom

NHK ni Youkoso!

Dragon ball super

Sword art online

RWBY

>villain cares for someone
>it's deep
Maybe by shounen standards.

Inferno Cop

ReZero

I have to agree. I really liked it but it's not -that- deep.

Flip Flappers.

>tfw i'll never see a better character development than Meruem

Your mom's vagina

Code Geass

easy peasy - free!

Crayon Shinchan

Well, Hunter x Hunter is more realistic shounen than the 90% of the category. Meruem is a monster and no one was expected he care for someone.

I definitely would a Pitou. Don't care whatever it is.

That isn't the reason why HxH Chimera's Ant Arc is deep. The real reason is, I think, the meaning behind Netero's habilities, explained in "The Hero With a Thousand Faces" by Joseph Campbell.

Hunter x Hunter isn't a "deep" show but it has a lot more substance than other shounen. Just compare Meruem with Cell, the character he rips off but does better. Cell is the creation of some scientist who wants revenge on Goku. Except he's introduced literally when he comes out seeking revenge, making his entire backstory shallow and pointless, since we don't know the character. Then Cell himself is just another supervillian who views himself as a perfect being and is taken out by dudes yelling. In comparison, Meruem is the result of his species' natural progression. It's just nature doing its thing. And sure he views himself as the perfect being, but its framed in the context of survival of the fittest, which is just nature going along its course. Then, when he is defeated, it's not because of someone's superior fighting abilities, but because of a bomb, developed using human intellect, showing the superiority of technology over nature. Finally, in the end, Meruem transcends his nature and realizes there's more to life than the struggle of beings trying to be superior to one another.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying this is deep, intellectual, or profound, but it's a lot more substance than DBZ because it's able to frame the typical action of the genre around controlling ideas, i.e. themes, like man vs nature, evolution, technology etc.

I like hunter x hunter, but it's not really deep. It just has serious topics from time to time.

It's obvious that any villain with the slightest bit of depth can care for someone. It's more about how well the show sells the villain's reason for caring, which is something HxH does pretty well.

I miss the hisokafags vs chrollofags threads.

Mind if you explain it? Please ~

K-ON!

Samurai DEEPER Kyo

Good post, thats what I loved about those pages.

Madoka

btfo

Why did they both have to be named Kyo?
Made it way too confusing in the Starz dub.

End of Puella Magi Cory in the House