Do you think the "Fujoshi don't like canon" myth is dead?

Do you think the "Fujoshi don't like canon" myth is dead?

was dead for a while

Was it ever true? I always thought it meant that fujoshi want suspense and tension between the characters before they eventually become a couple.

Fujoshi likes unexpected developments and not blatant "seem homo in the series poster & PV but actually bait and boring"(see: Days, Cheer Danshi from Summer 2016)

Pic not related, though. That one is just bait.

fujoshi are just like other people and just want a story well written, and also not being left blue balled

Yes. The No Homo bit always cqme in for the "general audiences"

No. Comfy+hot> needless drama

How so?

It's like any demographics, it depends on which fujo you're talking about. I, like many other, like a well-written story with enough plot and character development to entertain me, but some people like stupid things like Junjou Romantica and Okane ga Nai. Looks like it just depends one who spend the most money one what these days.

Are there any anime aimed at a general audience with a canon homo pairing that wasn't a flop? Not counting yoi of course.

By 'general audience' do you mean normalfags?

As long as their relationship stays ambiguous, it's a bait.

Yeah, Japanese normies who watch anime on TV, mostly, I'm not counting foreigners.

It was never true. People just assumed so because BL anime didn't sell as well, while ambiguous stuff was more popular.

Just watch how Hitorijime My Hero flops despite being canon. Same as Super Lovers did. The problem is not the canon, but the characters and story. Fujos who buy anime don't like the type of story and characters you have in BL. Most don't read it.

That being said I do not hope for more shows like YoI.

>As long as their relationship stays ambiguous
Every homo pairing is ambiguous according to you guys, we did this dance with No.6 and Eva already.

Even on screen buttfucking would be ambigous for ou.

>That being said I do not hope for more shows like YoI.
Do you hate fun?

No, I just like BL. YoI is like the BL Antichrist.

>Yol is like the BL Antichrist
What.

YoI is just fujobait with mediocre at best story and amazing soundtrack. Animation is mediocre at best same with story. Male fanservice and fujo baiting is the only reason for anyone to watch this show. It is a sport anime. Really nothing worth the watch. I'm watching this only for homo, but after episode 10 it is starting to look more like bait then a real homo ship.

I'm just waiting for it to have an ambiguous ending with no confirmation, like always.

Yeah, I'm sure it will end with them getting girlfriends.

It will end with Victor and Yuuri doing pariskating to 'Stay by my side'. "Something something I wish this would last forever something or other."

Never said girlfriends, just no confirmation.

As if wasn't enough for you.
Victor is such a memelord ("Yuuri is love, Yuuri is life").

YOI hasn't confirmed anything yet.

Yeah, I don't get how anyone can say they are gay. Unless the author tells me, these characters that act like fags in love are straight. Like Yamagi from IBO.

If Yuuri was a girl we don't even have this discussion.

Don't bring your IBO autism here, we already know you're retarded.

Don't reply to bait.

Never forget.

No shit. But homo relationships aren't so simple.
Even some nips are bitching about it being bait.

Where?
And what part of "These are engagement rings." Is bait?

>But homo relationships aren't so simple.
No, not really. You are the only one makes it complicate and requiring x, y and z for it to be canon when any straight pairing would have been accepted by episode 3.

>Author: This a black duck
>No homo crew: Woah, we are not sure this a duck, what if the author WANTS us to think it's a duck but it's actually duckbaiting and the duck is actually a dog?

Even when the author tells you they're gay for each other, people still think they're straight.

>"Yuuri is love, Yuuri is life"
Did someone make a variant of that pasta for YoI yet?

Except the author isn't saying anything. That's actually what people are waiting for.

Twitter.

>Except the author isn't saying anything.
Have you tried watching the show?

I'm not sure why I bother discussing. I feel like discussing colors with colorblind people.

>Except the author isn't saying anything. That's actually what people are waiting for.
So you believe Yuuri and Victor are straight and not in love with each others?

I have, they're doing everything possible to look as gay as they can without actually showing anything in the end. A kiss with no kiss, rings without an actual engagement, etc.

I don't know why I bother discussing this with you either.

Never forget those two friendship kisses in No.6

>the author isn't saying anything
Except "I wanted to show a world in which homo relationships are generally accepted" and "yeah they definitely kissed in that scene, was it not obvious?"

>A kiss with no kiss, rings without an actual engagement, etc.

Right. Did you also discharged every single interaction with Victor and Yuuri? Of course you did, because it's just "bait" and "fanservice", right?

>without actually showing anything in the end.
99% of anime character confirmed for not canon.

But Shinji is straight and Kaworu is an alien.

>fujoshi don't like canon
Nah, the thing is more that there haven't been many shows that aren't primarily BL but have a canon gay relationship.

There have been shows targeted at fujos like Junjou Romantica that have canon gay, but they are written like trash. Instead of that, fujos latch onto better anime and manga and pretend that the characters are gay and ship them (see: the majority of sports anime).

The mistake that people have been making is that they think those anime are aimed at fujos when they aren't, even though many of the fans are fujos. Look at Natsume Yuujinchou which is a shoujo drama, people consider it fujo because the cast is dominantly male and a huge part of the fanbase are fujos. Hell, people even call UtaPri fujobait when it's an otome show. Remember that anime aimed at girls != anime aimed at fujos.

Straight guys don't blush furiously when a dude flirts with them.

>I was only 27 years old
>I loved Yuuri so much, I had all the merchandise and performances on DVD
>I pray to Yuuri every night before bed, thanking him for the life I've been given
>"Yuuri is love" I say, "Yuuri is life"
>Yurio hears me and calls me a faggot
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for Yuuri
>I called him a cunt
>He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep
>I'm crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay in bed and it's really cold
>A warmth is moving towards me
>I feel something touch me
>It's Yuuri
>I am so happy
>He whispers in my ear "please, become my coach"
>He grabs me with his powerful piggy hands and puts me on my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I spread my ass cheeks for Yuuri
>He penetrates my butthole
>It hurts so much but I do it for Yuuri
>I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Yuuri
>He roars a mighty roar as he fills my butt with his love
>Yurio walks in
>Yuuri looks him straight in the eyes and says "I'm just a katsudon fatale that enthralls men"
>Yuuri leaves through my window
>Yuuri is love, Yuuri is life

This is what Victors believe.

So, if you suck your bro's dick but don't swallow are you still not gay?

On top of that, even anime aimed at fujos needs not necessarily bait them. Look at Osomatsu-san, which did a great job pandering to them simply by referencing every other show they watch and hitting the right cords somehow.

Bullshit. They make their own gay ships like in haikyuu. There was no reason to cause there were no gay undertones they just want their perverted fantasies to be made.

You can swallow but you must not confirm or deny that you're being gay.

> implying straight men dont blush furiously while holding hands and gazing at his penis in the shower

Not that user, but sincerely? All 10 episodes until now can be labeled as bait and "no homo". Most of the situations at least.
The one scene I really took as a very fucking romantic, period, was the airport run one, that was glorious.
I just want pairskating and a hug, and I'll be satisfyed.

>A kiss with no kiss, rings without an actual engagement, etc.
Honestly, this is the main thing that's pissing me off about YoI.
Like, the character definitely act like they're a pair. But they leave out anything that would actually confirm they're a pair. It's a bit annoying.
Like, a kiss wouldn't even have to be on screen, but 'jumping ontop of the other guy and making it look like a hug' is just annoying.

>Interviewer: You said previously that that sort of JUNE-like, or should I say the sort of production that goes beyond friendship, came out that way naturally, didn’t you?

>You said previously that that sort of JUNE-like, or should I say the sort of production that goes beyond friendship

>production that goes beyond friendship

>Interviewer: Who worked on episode 24?

>Anno: A person named Satsukawa (Akio)-san did that. Satsukawa-san is better at—this is bad to say, but—he’s right on the mark when it comes to homoeroticism. *laugh*

>he’s right on the mark when it comes to homoeroticism. *laugh*

>homoeroticism

I do but I blush for fucking everthing, I can't help it.

But anime never told me!

That's right, they don't. They just drop down on their knees and start sucking all business-like.

>
CHOO CHOO

>end with them getting girlfriends.

Don't remind me. I've fallen for that shitty "will they or won't they but they probably will" bait probably twice in my life (No Bra, Genshiken Nidaime) and both times I was sorely disappointed which is why I'm not even holding any hope for YoI. Not until we get safely to the last episode.

I hope no one ever brings this up again. It's so obvious that a hetfag said this first. Why it took off is beyond me.

>hetfag
You guys do realize how retarded you sound when you use terms like "hetfag" or "breeder"?

Reminder that Shinji is canonicaly heterosexual.
>Speaking about the blushing, is it because Shinji was happy that someone said they like him?
>Anno: Yes, Shinji-kun really didn't experience carnal desire there *laugh*.
Confirmed by Anno himself.

First of all, breeder is used for heteros by gays. I'm gay so I can say it.

Secondly, hetfag doesn't mean hetero or "breeder", it means delusional homophobics. I can't think of a better word to call them desu.

What's wrong with that?

>expecting a shitposter to know they sound like retards
Don't even try.

I agree heterocuck is more fitting

She never said any of those things. Quote it or get out.

It automatically labels your post as a shitpost, basically what this guy said

>All 10 episodes until now can be labeled as bait and "no homo"
Bait is a meaningless term, you are acting like author is intentionally trying to trick you.

And I'm not even sure how you can read episode 7 with anything but a kiss, a hug doesn't fit the characters reactions and words.

>Don't remind me. I've fallen for that shitty "will they or won't they but they probably will" bait
They already got together, though.

And Genshiken? Madarame had 3 competitors, it even addressed the social stigmas around it.

Where do you think you are, fagfag?

>hetfag means homophobic
Kek. You fujoshits are pretty stupid.

You guys do realize how retarded you sound when you use terms like "fujoshit" and "kek" right?

>No Bra
I knew Genshiken wasn't happening though. But that's a really good example as to why confirmation is so important.

Don't reply.

That's what you say, but I see hetfag used in the same way as breeder. In any case, it sounds as stupid as "vagina bones" except it's not remotely funny.

And how retard you sound calling someone homophobic?

>Genshiken wasn't happening
Except it totally happened but Madarame was a piece of fucking shit like all harem leads.

>it's not remotely funny
This, it needs to go back to tumblr.

That's the point, in the end it didn't happen.

Shouldn't it be starting now?

This is not the YoI thread.

Thats not what hetfag means at all. Hetfags are those people who think Yuuri/Yuuko is endgame even after finding out that Yuuko is happily married with 3 children. These are the Sara/Yuuri people or the Lily people. Completely delusional.

>People actually think Yuuri and Victor could get girlfriends
I swear, I feel like I'm crazypills.

Well, it seems like one to me.

No one says fag on there, don't be ridiculous.

>Genshiken Nidaime
I am always just going to pretend that Genshiken ended in the volume where the majority of the guys graduated from college. It's fucking insane to think about how long Nidaime was pulling at readers, I remember discussing the "new" Genshiken manga with a friend when we were still in high school

Are you retarded? Did you just seriously imply that the word "hetfag" came from tumblr?

I too give a golden ring labeled as a wedding ringto my bro that cost over 700 euros, in a church, while blushing furiously. And I also say we're going to get married to my friends just because.

>This, it needs to go back to tumblr.
As does the YoI fanbase.

Just ignore it, anybody who uses that word is a shitposter who can't be taken seriously.

Who the fuck uses the term "breeder" that isn't a raging tumblrite? It's stupid.

These are the true hetfags. People who ship 23 yr old Yuuri and his 50+ year old divorced ballet teacher.

Tumblr is de-fact buzzword for when people disagree with you on here now.
Next he'll call you a girl.

I'll be sure to use it constantly from now.

Hetfags are the people who made up a female OC to try to prove Victor wasn't gay. Theyre like reverse fujos.

No dear user, it's not the same.

Also, why is breeder cringy? It just means you guys, I mean not you specifically, but people who has social skills and not wasting their youth by watching anime and spending their parents' hard earned money for figurines, do get out there, fuck and make babies. They breed. I see nothing wrong with this word. It's not even offensive when you think about it.

The problem isn't that it''s questionable if it's a kiss or not, the problem is that they chose to hide it completely and make it in a way that it could be something else.
That is exactly what bait is. Teasing, but never delivering.

This is a guy who thinks "hetfag" is a tumblr buzzword. Theres no reasoning with such autism.