VEGAN GENERAL

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/dieteticorgs

Animals ethics crash course - youtube.com/watch?v=y3-BX-jN_Ac

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient as retards should have the same moral status

formal argument - iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH1fi

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem e.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman e.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature e.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque e.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative? - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think. (most philosophers are moral realists and believe moral propositions can in fact be true)

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Honest Advertising for Omnivores

youtu.be/zF_MlhXAjiE

Discord

aW3Pkf

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/it-wasnt-worth-it-says-103-year-old-vegetarian-20151027103301
thedailymash
unvis.it/thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/it-wasnt-worth-it-says-103-year-old-vegetarian-20151027103301
b12-vitamin.com/analogs/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4145307/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1404304#t=article
youtu.be/1BUL78hbkLA?t=4m1s
theveganrd.com/2010/11/do-vegans-need-supplements-of-omega-3-fats/
youtube.com/watch?v=mm-MpiFYpAQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sees nice bread
>Click on it thinking it will give me some nice vegan health tips

>"meatcucks"
>Morality isnt relative
>Nazi larp picture

freddie mercury?

stop eating processed food, start making your own food, cut out as much saturated fat and cholesterol as possile, eat 1 onions a day, be cautiouse of what you eat, make a cronometer account, erxercise

Also stop eating dairy, never eat dairy again

b-but muh iodine gainz

i "supplement" with 3.5g of iodine salt, because i dont eat processed shit most stuff doesnt containe a tone of sodium, that way i get my DRI for sodium and iodine, 3.5g

Nice post Durian

>frogs in the front giving Hitler salute

DR is a sickcunt

I've been vegan for two years.

Our racial ideology is strongly connected to our disgust response. We find outsiders to be disgusting. We find sex outside of marriage to be disgusting due to the spread of diseases.

Considering this, It makes perfect sense for us to abstain from eating meat. Eating meat is impure, disgusting and degenerate. It is dirty.

We don't abstain from meat due to animal suffering, we do it because it's unclean and we do it because we want the best for our health.

I was joking desu, milk has iodine because of the tit dip :D:D:D

>this kills the vegcuck

but milk is bad for you
>food is now an argument agains lower rates of diet related disease

this kills the meatcuck

milk is absolutely not bad for you. youre just wrong.

thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/it-wasnt-worth-it-says-103-year-old-vegetarian-20151027103301
Imagine living this long and regretting every second of it.

Archived that satire/fake news site for you.

>thedailymash co uk/news/health/it-wasnt-worth-it-says-103-year-old-vegetarian-20151027103301
unvis.it/thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/it-wasnt-worth-it-says-103-year-old-vegetarian-20151027103301

yes goy, estrogen is good for you
>regrets extending his life
hahaha, well I cant help that, might want to shorten it with cocaine rather then meat.

Sshhh

The soft coloring of that pic makes me feel cozy like I am seeing an episode of Star Trek TOS (TNG is for soulless lizards)

proof?

im about to read that article my burger. im a scientist.

there is nothing exept b12 in milk that you cant get elswere, without pumping yourself full of estrogen.

>full of estrogen
hardly. 130 ng/L of estrone, 1.2ug/L of progesterone, also 90 ng/L testosterone. also, you need to look up the health benefits of low dose progesterone (nerve protection, skin protection, antinflammatory, stem cell regeneration)

you wanna be scientific bro, read up its all there in the paper you cited. also, soy milk is an amazing antinflammatory beverage and its highly recommended.

>there is nothing exept b12 in milk that you cant get elswere
Maybe your English is getting crossed. You can get b12 in plant milks, sips, supps, etc.

I wish this meme would die. Hitler wasn't a vegan. No one knows for sure even if he was actually a vegetarian. Stop lumping vegans with vegetarians to make your nutritionally incomplete cult of a diet appear normal.

sure
also some tasty growth hormone, 130ng/L is a fucktone, a birthcontroll pill high dossage is 35000ng of estrogen

the proof is in the pudding. milk is the primary nutrient of babies. the so-called colostrum, then milk. nature doesnt fuck up too much. if you have high cholesterol, ok skip the fat and get low fat milk.

You should take progesterone if you want the benefits of low dose progesterone. Just lol if you think 1microgram orally is going to have any appreciable effect. The estrogen and POPs in milk is a different story.

>nutritionally incomplete

try again

nah bro, why get estrogen mimicers with the same effect when you can get tasty realy estrogen that lowers you test

>"no one knows for sure"
In a diary entry dated 26 April 1942, Joseph Goebbels described Hitler as a committed vegetarian, writing,

"An extended chapter of our talk was devoted by the Führer to the vegetarian question. He believes more than ever that meat-eating is harmful to humanity. Of course he knows that during the war we cannot completely upset our food system. After the war, however, he intends to tackle this problem also. Maybe he is right. Certainly the arguments that he adduces in favor of his standpoint are very compelling."

Another disingenuous or ignorant poster. You can't get true B12 from a vegan diet alone. No plant contains true B12 naturally, only pseudo B12. As a vegan, you need supplements like a chronically-ill patient to survive.

b12-vitamin.com/analogs/

dude, thats a 270 fold difference. to get that dosage youd have to drink 270 liters of milk

but why if i can just drink milk?

And that's precisely my point. Is being a vegetarian the same as a vegan? You just want to lump vegetarians - who still consume some animal foods - with vegans to make your deficient diet appear normal.

Because you need to take milligram doses of progesterone to get its beneficial effects.

>No one knows for sure even if he was actually a vegetarian
Goebbels proved you wrong. Don't move the goalpost.

>disingenuous

take a few seconds to look at the pic brah

Since vegan threads start appearing here, the soyboi bullshit started taking off.

It looks like a coordinated effort to maintain a cuckservative mindset on Sup Forums.

b12 is fake but raises b12 blood level, ok nigger
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4145307/
damn you are right i mad a calculation mistake, still, nobody needs to put extra estrogen in their body, milk raises you estrogen levels and lowers testosterone

that sounds high to me.

>vegan
>cuckservative
Pick one. Among right-wingers, boomer-tier conseratives are the least likely to be vegan, fascists the most.

He was a meat-eater most of his life tho. Also, not moving goal posts, you're using vegetarias as posterchildren for deficient diets. Pure intellectual dishonesty.

Okay bro, show me some studies using

Because your infographic is guaranteed to be misleading vegan propaganda. You simply cannot get all essentials from a vegan diet alone. Vegans NEED supplements/dietary pills to survive.

THIS

B12 is a major red pill subject that people need to take seriously.

Hitler was a vegetarian when being a vegetarian was a very uncommon thing. Considering his feelings towards animals and the overwhelming evidence today showing vegan diets to be equal or superior in nutrition to omnivorous diets, I have little doubt Hitler would be a vegan were he alive today.

well look, dont worry about the estrogen, milk is good for you. the amount of testosterone a man naturally makes can hardly be offset by this minor estrogen influx. let me tell you why you die. you deplete your stem cells. something helps stem cells regenerate longer. a certain sex lives longer. you do the math. who wants to be old for too long though?

>Meat consumption is ruining the environment
We should also ban guns because they are used irresponsibly.
You are so right. Yeah!

>well look, dont worry about the estrogen, milk is good for you
oyy fucking vey, dont worry about estrogen goy, bu-but soy raises estrogen and makes you a bitch, post a pic of you wabbely tits right now.

Yes, vegans supplement b12. So what? How is being 'forced' to take a b12 supplement any different than being 'forced' to eat meat?

lol.

Vegans and vegetarians are allies

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

try again

I don't care about your speculative what ifs. Hitler was never a vegan. A vegan diet alone is dangerous when not supplemented and you should stop spreading false information that claims otherwise.

>he thinks there are no consequences for drinking the puss fat from another species.

>Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
Mass meat production by unethical companies ruins it. And it's far from being the only culprit of our environment being ruined: if we find lead in fish, and pesticides in water, it's not because of meat.

Check small local producers, many treat their animals well and are careful of the environment. Buy from them, or go hunting, just stop supporting the meat industry. It will be more expensive, you may not be able to eat as much meat as you used to, but eat fucking meat.

(((They))) want you to eat soy, never forget this. And you won't be a happy vegan if you can eat neither meat nor soy.

no one is telling you not to supplement B12 cunt

Tell me where true b12 comes from. I know it hurts to do actual research but try.

>appeals to nature are now arguments
>And you won't be a happy vegan if you can eat neither meat nor soy
Wrong

>living like a chronically ill idiot is better than just eating varied foods from both animal and plant sources.

Don't be silly.

>Vegans NEED supplements/dietary pills to survive
So does everyone. Your argument is invalid.

>lower rates of cancer, heart dissease, atheroscorosis and diabets are not worth poping one pill a day
gotta die at 50 because medication is not natural

Bot thread most likely.

Almost every Vegan who has been a Vegan for a couple of years has

>lost their teeth
>lost color in their skin tone, making them look weird
>lost weight, some looking like Holohoax survivors
>lost their minds, just look at people like Vegan Gains

Simply put, there are some vitamins/minerals that aren't found in plants and are only found in meat/fish. If you don't mind losing your teeth, muscle and mind, go for a Vegan diet. If you're actually worried about your health, have an omnivore diet with plenty of greens and fish like nature intended.

and you are a baby? you are a baby and ur mother is a cow? what??

What a fucking moronic post.

I've already done my research and true, bio-ative B12 is produced by bacteria in the intestinal tract of animals during the first digestion, animals then either eat their own feces (called coprophagia) or eat foods contaminated with feces and then absorb B12 during the second digestion. This process is called double digestions. Humans lack double digestion and therefore CANNOT get B12 from their own feces.

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1404304#t=article

best i got is this. looks to be something like 500 mg for a 100 kg person. but thats acute 4 days infusion for TBI. a mg/day sounds a lot for a chronic kind of exposure. you can get contraceptive effects with 150ug per dose.

-Bio-active

>Humans lack double digestion and therefore CANNOT get B12 from their own feces.

Tell that to this retard here

and meat/fish get those vitamins/minerals from what exactly?
you can't go vegan if ur an autist, you need to make sure you consume all the nutrients.

listen croat. dont skip the blitva.

>humans are the only ones that get atherosclorosis from their diet
>humans are omnivores
just because you can eat a shoo doesnt mean you should
stop being a memeflag nigger, like I told you today and yesterday vegans supplementing with "fake" b12 still raise their blood levels of b12.

blitva gud owo

>cholesterol

Do you realize that B12 fortified foods actually contain true B12 and what is being discussed right now is the inability of a vegan diet alone (without supplementation) of providing B12? You have learn nothing from yesterday and insist on spreading misleading information. You sound deranged as fuck.

>and meat/fish get those vitamins/minerals from what exactly?

Skip to 4:00

Watch the same video I posted above, the whole thing and then come back to me.

>people not on diets needs dietary pills
wat

>what is free range meat

wow we can cook? who would have thought!

so vegan b12 supplements containe realy b12 but real b12 is not found in vegan foods?
a guy that only education is how to poke needles into people gives nutrition advice, supplementing with algy based epa and dha raises blood levels, or just consume enough omega 3 and your body can convert all the dha and epa he needs
theveganrd.com/2010/11/do-vegans-need-supplements-of-omega-3-fats/

Vegans are faggots. Animals eat other animals. It's called life. Too bad you're too much of a jizz sponge to understand life.

>Joe Rogan podcast

kek

excellent source bro

10% drop in urine 2 hours after drinking 1L of milk in 10 minutes. do you want me to tell you why thats a bad study? its not measured in blood. that 10% drop in urine is indicative of FUCKING RETENTION. so what youre saying is that the nips suck at science (knew that) and that milk actually increases your blood testosterone levels as evidenced by a drop of it urine (excreted testosterone). thats a perfectly valid reasoning, although it may not be true. thats why it was published in some shit journal with an impact factor of less than 1. thats crap my strayan cunt.

no it isn't

high test means high test piss

Eat soy, goys. It's good for you, goy. Don't eat meat, it's baaaaad.

youtube.com/watch?v=mm-MpiFYpAQ
do you like george monbiots points?
hes a bit of a lefty ut his environmental points are bang on

what do you think of being a scavengetarian or freegan etc

SOY IT WITH ME

SOY BOY

if you are on Sup Forums it may be of interest to you that adolph was mostly vegetarian and he was basically the realest nigger of all time

also i recommend looking into wagners feelings on the connection between the fall of man, consuming the flesh of animals and judaism. not joking about any of that

Lefty Sup Forums Vegan cucks are trying to divide Sup Forums creating shitty soyboy pro vegan homo pedo theards. Remember dont take the bait.

probably,

doesn't really take a genius to figure out eating meat is bad for the environment

Sup Forums likes to live in denial like a bunch of pussies

>collating fatties and healthy meat eaters and thinking meat is bad
>collating skinny vegans with deficiencies and healthy vegans and coming to the conclusion veganism must be good

AVERAGES HOW DO THEY WORK

Plants have feelings to you Savages

Go back to eating meat so you can save the planet

>make something appear normal by coupling it with Hitler

only Sup Forums

post a study showing the positive effects of eating tones of meat on diabetis then, vegans on average are the only ones that fit into the normal bmi range everyone else is overweight in the US

> Hitler was vegan
And a faggot in tight pants as well, nothing new.
> Major contributor to global warming.
Excellent.

>industrial farming to feed animals harms environment
>industrial farming to feed humans harms environment

pick one