What went so right?

What went so right?

His drill pierced through everybody's shit taste.

We were probably all 13 when we watched it.

That was 5 years ago feels bad man

gainax girls and manly fighting spirit

Nothing, really.

god tier editing/direction mostly
The movies were poorly paced bloated trash that ruined any impact the original series had. It really goes to show how the right hands can make trash into treasure.

Insanity with a good story.

Great soundtrack

How tight is Yoko's pussy?

-Nakashima actually focusing on the main theme of progress instead of making shit up like he admitted he did in KLK

-Much more carefully put together art and animation than KLK with animators screwing around & showing off their styles more

I didn't want to admit the latter until an user pointed it out and I was still defending KLK's animation for a long time saying shit like "well it's good for the budget" but it just didn't have the amount of cool creativity that Gurren had.

I was a 15 year old underageb& when Sup Forums was spamming shit like "lucky star fags are furries rip kamina" and back then I thought "Gurren is a great show about human evolution that doesn't get enough credit for that".

the more I rewatch it over the years the more small shit I notice. it's not 'deep' but it has a lot of clever little details centering around the main themes of progress and individuality that couldn't have been there if the main themes weren't there to begin with. KLK was a retarded mess because the writer had no idea what it was even about, he decided to 'discover the themes as he went along' (hahaha)

-- Great story without trying to cater to everyone
-- Excellent soundtrack
-- Memorable villains

It's been a long time since I've seen it but this shit gave me goosebumps.

Infinitely tight. It requires calculus to measure. It approaches the limits of tightness. Fluid dynamics may also be required for proper ANALysis.

Would they get along?

>-- Great story without trying to cater to everyone
another thing KLK didn't do, Nakashima pretty much admitted to doing what gay western fangirls & extremely faggy men call 'ship teasing' in that show while not making any pairing canon on purpose.

KLK was specifically written as a 'fandom' show for autistic fans to project shit over in fan material and while some good things can be that way, few GREAT things are.

I think shows like Gurren Lagann or FLCL are much harder to attract this type of "project my autism over the characters and their relationships" shit because they know what they're about and they know who the characters are and how they relate to one another. People can write all the Simon x Yoko fanfiction they want but it really doesn't FEEL right. Meanwhile with KLK you can do whatever and it won't even feel "OOC" because Nakashima made sure it wouldn't.

actually a good contrast is Nakashima talking about 'no canon romance in KLK' as an obvious attempt to please everyone and not upset people with the 'wrong otp' when put next to Imaishi & Nakashima talking about their refusal to listen to the fans & change the ending no matter what

Everything

>Kamina vs Viral
>Lordgenome vs Lagaan
>Simon vs Antispiral

It was a mech show where the best fight scenes didn't involve mech fights.

The second half.

You seem to not like KLK at all my friend.

still better than logh

Art direction
Music
Animation

Also first arc is best arc.

gurren lagann, not so good

>I should have known not to trust this battle to a gunman
I remember specifically not liking lordgenome on the first watch for some reason but he really was the most badass character by far

i can still remember my jaw dropping when tengen toppa gurren lagann burst out of the galaxy.

i don't think its an understatement to say that gurren lagann is a masterpiece, its got some good philosophical details in a well written story, but presented in a michael bay style macho action film, which is rare to see

keep saying that faggot, no one believes you

Except for Rossiu.

Someone wanted to write a love letter to super robots, so they did.

And they gave it a healthy dose of getter rays to make sure it worked out.

Yoko's yokos.

>Roku tell Simon that if you wanna archive something sacrifices must be made
>Get mad as fuck and tell Roku to fuck off
>Later on nigga literally sacrifice his friend one after another
>Even his waifu

????????????????????????????

Simon's point of view wasn't meant to be a universal truth, just how he decided to take on his problems. The show wasn't about him always being wrong, but learning from his friends points of view and accepting them.

No. Stop it. Stop.

Simpler than that, it was simply him going his own way. Not Kamina's way, not Rossiou's way, Simon's way.

Yeah, I just mean that his eventual outlook was one influenced by his friends.

that's part of why I liked GL's message so much though

it was framing individuality as something gained by mixing together outside influences in your own way. not rejecting any influence because "fuck the police I'm an individual bitch!!!!"

The first episodes were good