What am I?

>My family emigrated from Ireland to Britain in the 60s, all four of my grandparents and my ethnic background being Irish
> However my parents, my siblings and I were all born in England.
>Am I English or Irish?

There is no genetic difference between the Irish and the English, not for thousands of years.

Irish genetically, British by nationality you daft cunt

What about the cultural differences, e.g religion and world view and the historical conflict between the two?

European

Just take the first part of English, and and the last part of Irish.

Engl-ish

You know what they say about being born in a stable, doesn't make you a horse

>This is what boghoppers actually believe

exactly, life is compromise

Anglo-irish

OP here. Should I identify with my English or Irish side though? Can I really call myself English with no ancestral connection to this country?

English, the Irish are just Brits with a different religion, a propensity for alcoholism and eternal butthurt on par with sunni and shia arabs.

My mothers side is 100% potato nigger. My father english and french though mother.

I generally identify as english, as it's the paternal line, but really being canadian i'm nothing at all, not even born in the same province as my parents.

but at least i'm "white" maybe. (0.01% unassigned)

Fuck - What a non problem - Yer an Irish Brit - Like a nigg .. uh .. I mean - african American .

Maybe we should make a rule to always identify with your paternal nationality?

Huge cultural chasm though.
OP I'd say you're British.

You realize both the brits and irish have a variety of ethnic groups right? Cornish, welsh,black irish manx etc. They are all Celts (debateably) but this doesn't mean they are the same. This is how cultures are destroyed, mongrels are much more susceptible to subversion.

OP here, I agree with your point about mogrelisation, which is why I'm asking

I'm in a similar boat. You're a second generation immigrant. You're British (not English) with Irish heritage

Nope.

You are displaced Irish. It's a major issue with the people in general. Language is a major component in being a distinct people, and general nebulous anglo culture permeates everywhere, both subverted native cultures and diluting the integrity of "anglo" culture itself. I'd be willing to say the majority of young, purebred born and raised in ireland irish can hardly be considered genuinely Irish.

Blood is the most important, everything else can be learned, if not for you, than through your decedents provided you make the effort to be Irish. Be thankful the irish are atleast aware of the value their identity has even if it's just out of spite for historical oppression. Many peoples don't even know they are being genocided or worse don't care.

Rootless potato

Irish

Ireland is experiencing a spiritual famine due to the emigration of potatoes.

Move to Cornwall and be Cornish.

What started the conflict?

DARE I SAY IT!

Irish are more Celtic and the English are more Anglo Saxon - Norman admixture

Not true. If you look at the rna map you'll see the south east of England is genetically separate to the rest of the UK. The Irish share blood with the Scots, welsh and the northerners. It changes dramatically the further south you go.

THE ETERNAL NORMAN!

Face it lad, you're a spud junkie

Why are the welsh so dark lads? Was working in Wales and many of the lads on site were brown eyed and olive skinned.

My dad comes from a majority English backgourd and my mum was born in England but her parent are irsih so I'm half and half. But being apart of the commonwealth gives me a much stronger feeling towards England than it does Ireland. I would emigrate to the UK but the demographics are changing so fast so I may as well not bother....

Ireland are playing England in football.

Which team do you support?

The Irish will see you as a "Brit" anyway. I'm Irish, was brought up in London and was constantly singled out when I lived in Dublin. They love their Nigerians though

Born in Northern Ireland, still live here, raised with "British" culture and notions, Irish language and aesthetics are hideous. Northern Ireland has nothing of worth. What nation am I supposed to identify with?

Your Irish, Ireland is way better than England. England has no culture.
Come back to Ireland.

You should return to mother Erin.

Lot of Italian immigration to Wales so could be that.

See

It was probably just banter lad. There's English people of full Irish decent in my area and they get slagged too but it's just banter. I was born in England and we moved back to Ireland when I was a baby and my friends take the piss out of me and call me an English cunt even though I'm from here and have an Irish accent. Your first mistake was to move to Dublin, Dublin isn't Ireland and Nigerians are despised.

this

Your a potato nigger.

SAGE

I think that is why Irish are called 'potato niggers' on Sup Forums.

It wasn't banter lad, it was spiteful. I wanted to connect with, what I thought of at the time, my homeland and realised that I'm not welcome nor wanted. I've accepted that I'm a beady Anglo now

Not true, the Irish's closest relatives are the English, but they are distinguishable, unlike the Scots and English.

Dublin people themselves are generally despised by the rest of the country. You would get on better in my area than a Dublin person would.