Ladies and gentleman the average net neutrality supporter

Ladies and gentleman the average net neutrality supporter

also, average americans

Net Neutrality lost because its supporters couldn't come up with a legal argument as to why it should stay.

OH SAY CAN'T YOU SEEEEEE

What the hell is net neutrality anyways?

only amerimutts are against net neutrality in the first place you cucks

This is why Reddit still remains useful to a point; so we know exactly what to do the opposite of.

Can. Can you see. Wtf you doin mutt

>Oh Jose where'd you be
>Sans net neutrality
>Oh the welfare we stole
>Gringo women burning the coal

Pro NN memes all seem like something an old lady made.

>le 42% face

you shills are slow this morning
here have a new shill pic for your collection

(((Netflix Neutrality)))

Pretty sure they confirmed about 80% of posts against NN on twitter/facebook are just bots. Wonder of they use them here or just pay people like ctr and blue

I'm glad to see opinions on net neutrality are starting to turn around. Felt like I was all alone being against it last week (I wasn't, but there certainly was no shortage of angry people telling me I just didn't get it or that I hated the Internet or whatever).

if you are isp you can't charge more netflix for clean the laptop than an 82 year old grandma that watches cat videos all day.

which is of course, retarded from technological perspective, but that's govt for you.

lol at that sentence

The shilling is very blatant.

It's basically the same "I fucking love science" crowd, but with stale memes instead of Star Wars.
Brings back memories of a fat dyke who spent most of her time in my college's computer labs religiously browsing that site and reading out the text in different voices. Sounded like someone was shoving parrots into a blender. This was years after lolcats became a thing of the past.

You dont even live in America and obviously don't understand the amount of infrastructure, money, and time is needed to actually start a small local company. This is a monopoly maker plain and simple. You've never dealt with our cable companies if you want an example of the free market not being infallible look to cable company practices.

Also why the fuck would any ISP host Sup Forums amd Sup Forums?

Are you actually acting like bandwidth is a physical commodity that costs a company money to produce? Because that's not how that works.

>OP

How much does Google pay you?

Don't worry, you're still retarded. If opinion has turned towards hating NN, it's because Sup Forums is so contrarian and stupid that they would rather kill themselves than agree with liberals on anything.

If these things do come to pass, I will enjoy watching this website die as ISPs put a stranglehold on right wing internet websites and finally succeed in eradicating free speech on the internet as they control everything that you access.

What a well thought out response to my argument.

Why would you want the internet to be censored? I know google filters what they dont like to the back, but what's going to stop an isp from removing a site because it has "hate speech"? And dont give me that "switch to another ISP" shit because a large part of america only has one option in their area and most only have two. This is being done entirely to make more money.

>What a well thought out response to my argument.
It's as well thought out as "well you don't understand." If you're going to put zero effort into your replies, and I don't see why I can't do the same.

You avoided my question, though. How much are you getting paid to shill for Google?

>Hey look goys there are people who are brown and make protest signs with old memes who support net neutrality.
>Doesn't that just rustle you to the core goys?
>Now sit back and let us allow the giant telecoms corporations who make billions in profits yearly with nearly no competition be able to charge you out the ass for access to sites you used to get access to for free.
>How could you be against this goys?
>Don't you know that government control is stifling the potential competition that cannot possibly happen!
Its like you are trying to be as Jewish as possible.

why would you want an ISP to block anything?

He actually presented reasoning. You're just being a retard and either genuinely don't get it or are just intentionally pretending to be stupid.

What is your rebuttal to his claims about ISP consolidation, limited options, and censorship opportunity for ISPs?

Unless you respond with something noteworthy, no more (You)'s.

>It's as well thought out as "well you don't understand"
Why would I bother putting anything else when you don't, yet are so sure of yourself. Also yes I already explained twice why ending NN would be a disaster for the internet. Why would I bother answering a completely unrelated question? How much is Yahoo(Verizon) paying you?

You are a fkin retard.
Sorry, but most Koreans have no fkin clue what they are talking about when it comes to issues like this. Their whole culture is swallowing whatever they are told and repeat it endlessly.

How does "The internet has become so important to society for its citizens to function that there must be consumer protections enacted so that giant corporations cannot restrict access and therefore trample of the right of citizens.
How does that strike you?
Why is there always some shit in every comment section / thread of every website asking this question?
Where have you been?
Shit has been everywhere on the web every day for a week.

>Ladies and gentleman
>He thinks there are ladies on 4chinz

>You should bother putting effort into your posts
>cant even respond to a post properly

Why should the government be able to tell ISPs they have to provide access to a website? Shouldn't the ISP be able to say "no, we don't want our service used this way?" Keep in mind, websites can already ban you for no reason. Places like Twitter and Facebook can ban you just because they don't like your politics or whatever. If a website can deny service, I don't see why the same can't be true of an ISP. Free speech on the internet won't go away if NN goes away because free speech doesn't exist on the internet with NN.

>

>And dont give me that "switch to another ISP" shit because a large part of america only has one option in their area and most only have two. This is being done entirely to make more money.

Net neutrality creates barriers to entry for new ISPs to enter the market. You want more regulation? All you doing is securing the ISP monopoly in those region. You want competition? Better open to deregulation.

>Why should the government be able to tell ISPs they have to provide access to a website?
Why shouldn't they?
Everyone should be able to access or utilize the internet.

The "make more money" thing also makes zero sense. If ISPs want to jack up your prices, they already can.

the individual websites shouldnt be able to do that either as they in the past have taken government funds, JUST LIKE the ISP's and therefore it is by proxy government censorship.

But they can, and the pro-NN people aren't fighting for NN to be extended to websites, because it's major websites that are pushing and funding the pro-NN narrative. And they're doing that because they're afraid they'll get dicked by ISPs if NN goes away. Major websites are afraid ISPs will treat them the same way major websites currently treat users.

And I hope that happens. I hope Google and Facebook and Twitter and Reddit all get schlonged good and hard by ISPs. They deserve it. Fuck net neutrality.

>websites can already ban you for no reason. Places like Twitter and Facebook can ban you just because they don't like your politics or whatever.
You still dont get it. Removing NN will remove entire websites (any chan site, stormfront, anything the ISP doesn't like).
>free speech doesn't exist on the internet with NN.
Except that's not true. Websites like facebook and twitter may ban you for your opinion, bit it is in no way the same as isp banning entire websites.

well, all of these major sociall media sites, JUST LIKE THE ISP's have taken government money in some shape form or fashion in the past. This isnt an issue of corporate censorship, this is an issue of companies being paid by the government to censor. It is government censorship by proxy. Also the "they deserve it" line of thought is just shooting yourself in the foot to spite your face

>being so petty that if someone doesn't echo your opinion that you're willing to have a site you actually agree with removed from the internet.

Cuck
You're also a cuck

Who's getting fucked here, though? If I can't use Sup Forums, I'll just use another website or I'll just do something else with my time. No skin off my ass. Meanwhile, major websites are going to crumble and I'm going to enjoy watching them burn.

Incorrect. They stay inside.

Me a cuck?! Dude, youre defending government censorship and calling me a cuck.

and how long until those sites get shut down? and the alternatives to that and so on and so on? How long until the internet becomes one huge left wing propaganda machine? What will you do then?

I don't think the main problem will be the availability of websites. But that it will be pay to play. After NN is gone ISPs can charge you to give you access to high bandwidth websites.

I do agree that the pay to play nature may make some websites go away though.

>(((they))) confirmed

>How long until the internet becomes one huge left wing propaganda machine?
The Internet has been that way for a very, very long time.

I still have no clue what net neutrality even is all I remember is hurrrrr Comcast can throttle it's customers internet service to Netflix and shit cause it competes with their tv service and shit. That was why I was against it now I don't know what it is ??

I think there is a big part of the discussion that hasnt been brought up. The internet is the single repository of ALL human knowledge. If there is no net neutrality who stops ISPs from making certain information outright unavailable? Who will stop them from removing the more """uncomfortable""" parts of human history?

not really. Sure, you get banned from some places but we still have places to talk about right wing talking points. Without NN that wont be the case for long

here's a free smuggie

This. If Trumps government would make a descision that new enterpreneurs are not allowed and that only the old big corporations are allowed to exist, Sup Forumstards would find a way to convince themselves that its "based" thing to do, and a great masculine philosophical reminder that might makes right

Most of Sup Forums is not red pilled. They are retarded. Sad sacks of crap who crawl behind cult-like doublethinking. Yeah and because "muh mainstream people" do it too, that doesn't make it right thing to do.

>strawman based on strawman based on strawman

Yeah thats a really great base for argumenting right there. Only a truly enlightened gentleman could be able to produce such red pilled banterzz!

Kudos to you, sir

Check out the reddit spacing on this finn yet to be binned

>there must be consumer protections enacted so that giant corporations cannot restrict access and therefore trample of the right of citizens.
And somehow these protections weren't in place before 2015? No ISPs thought about this before that? Or were there already protections in place, enforced by a different body (FTC) with more legal imperative and resources to enforce rhem? How does THAT strike you, you mongoloid? And we're talking about your country here, try to inform yourself a bit better. It's just an overblown issue, and the dogwhistles have been blown by internet megacorporations and interest groups, and you responded.

>not really.
Yes, really.

Here's a thought experiment: why would websites that have been actively trying to get rid of right wing talking points on the Internet be pro-NN if doing so hurts that cause? Because they realize they're fucked if NN goes away. And I say good, I'm down for watching them get fucked. It'll warm my cold heart to watch Youtube, who have been demonetizing right wing voices, be forced to either pay ISPs a portion of their profits or get throttled hard if not outright banned. Gonna laugh my ass off seeing the demonetizers demonitized and the banners banned.

Alright, lets be 100% clear, facebook, twitter, google, all of the big platforms in the past have recieved money from the government. Sames goes for the ISP's. Censoring websites didnt work because people can move to other platforms freely so now the globalists are trying to get isp's to censor things off the web entirely. We cant allow this to happen. This is an attempt at gov censorship via proxy that has no workaround.

they may be trying to self preserve but you have to remember, google, youtubes host company has in the past taken governmet funding and has former government employees. Censoring websites individually didnt work so now theyre going to the next step which is getting ISP's to censor. The only reason they censor is because their gubment masters gave them marching orders to do so.

I can't tell whether these shit "memes" are doing more harm than good.
4pol has been utter shit for discussing NN, but I think it's starting to come around against it, which is the correct view.
How to derail a thread and lower the level of discourse 101

>The only reason they censor is because their gubment masters gave them marching orders to do so.
Except if you look at the politics of the people who run the websites blocking people, you realize that's total horseshit. They ban conservative voices because they're liberal and they can. Gonna be a nice day when ISPs can step in and start giving websites a taste of their own fucking medicine. Gonna love the day an ISP says "hey, either give us a cut of your ad profits or we won't run ads on your website." Fuck Twitter and fuck Google and fuck Youtube and fuck Reddit. They deserve it.

thats where im gonna call bull. The globalists are left wing as well and the globalists are pro corporation, hence why they had no issue with websites censoring, as long as that stopped any "ebil right wingers" from speaking. Once they realized that wasnt going to work they decided to go after net neutrality so they can pull the strings of these ISPs. If those websites get thrown under the bus its no skin off the backs of the globalists. By kek this thread is jewish this morning...

these sorry mother fucking ISP's can get fucked already charging me 200$+ for bandwidth, now they want to try & put surcharges on the websites they KNOW i visit.

this isnt republican vs. democrat fight, this is ISP's trying to power play the market & rape their customers plain & simple.

in my region i have 3 ISP's: at&t, comcast, & shit network.-at&t is about to buy comcast... this isnt capitalism since there isnt any competition to lower potential rates that may be charged.

also companies are spending less and less money on ad campains because they realize the campains cost more than they get back in return so the internet will within a few years no longer be funded by ads so if the ISP's did that there would be no internet.

wtf i hate net neutrality now?

>t. DeTyson Gonzalez-O'Finnegan

Net Neutrality is a Jewish plot to push government regulation into the internet so that the ADL can eventually kick you off the net for hate speech.

The websites that love censoring users are all pro-NN because they're afraid ISPs will destroy them. They don't give a dick about you or the users. I say fuck 'em. Let ISPs destroy Google.

okay, now youre just going in circles faggot. A-FUCKING-GAIN THE GOVERNMENT HAS PAID THE ISP'S IN THE PAST! That makes it government censorship by default since theyve taken government funding.

I'm glad to see there will be less Burgers here, a rejuvenation

>im gonna shoot my foot off because my face is ugly

right now it's about ISP's billing the customer on what website's they visit (mostly social media) RIGHT NOW

BUT it gives the ISP's the right to charge their customers toll fee's on what websites they visit- including Sup Forums...

And I don't give a shit, I'm cheering on ISPs destroying major websites (which you also claimed took money).

True, true

this plays right into the hands of the A.U.M

thats because ISP's have taken government money. If they tamper with the internet now theyre engaging in government censorship via proxy. And again, circular arguments much?

bandwidth is a commodity that does cost money to produce. More to the point its also a limited natural resource that has to be distributed fairly.

Being FOR net neutrality is like saying Google and your grandma should be charged the same amount of money when google uses a t-7 connection measured in petabytes and your grandma uses a 56k modem to send emails.

I have way, way less to lose when NN goes away than companies like Google do.

But you already said websites have already taken money to tamper with the internet. You're not saying anything new is happening. Whether NN stays or goes, the government is still able to censor the internet via proxy. So the issue you're bringing up is completely moot.

You actually do but as you previously stated, youd sooner shoot your own foot off to spite your face because you hate a select few websites. instead why not make it so even the websites cant censor? Seems more productive than cutting your arm off (metaphorically speaking

Maybe the government should stop giving away money

nobody?
we scripted now?
alrighty then.

No, I really don't have anything to lose. Oh, I can't shitpost, boo fucking hoo. Meanwhile, Google is going to lose their livelihoods. It's fucking great, man. Where do I sign up for this?

maybe we should bring back indentured servitude.

>someone took the time and made this

Internet providers have a right to segment their data and charge extra for it. The internet was a luxury item when it first came to the public. It meant that only the people who could afford it were allowed access. Now every nigger and cumskin can access it. This is a way to go back to that luxury era. I don't want poor people accessing the internet the same way some I don't want non land owners voting.

Right now 3/4 of the people on pol are poor with assets less than 500k. It's disgusting. They shouldn't be allowed on the internet for being this poor.

Oh no, you mean your self perpetuating ad revenue machine is going to have to pay a few extra bucks to lay some cable?

I mean, I can understand your gripe, taxation being theft and all..

you belong in the gas chamber mate. "i hate a website therefore ill give up my rights to get rid of it" The day the US conquers your peninsula cant come soon enough.

i agree. They shouldnt give away money.

>single repository of all human knowledge should be barred from the poor
Nigger, you want the poor to be able to educate themselves, lest they stay dumb forever.

>give up my rights
What rights? To be able to say what I want on the Internet? Because I sure as shit do not have that right. I do not have free speech on the Internet. Corporations like Google made that happen and, yes, they deserve a nice asspounding from ISPs for doing that.

nigga wtf are you talking about?
I pay 30 bucks a month.

This just in:
Google uses a shit ton of bandwidth

But they want to pay the same for cable as you you do for Netflix.

you have that right here, on Sup Forums do you not? And thats not mentioning other platforms like gab, and you just cant get paid on youtube to say what you want anymore, and people can mirror videos there and upload them to other places like vid.me. You have those rights man, problem is is now youre denying that because you know you have a terrible point and are blinded by your hate towards screwgle. Let google fall on their own.

Maybe if Google wanted ISP's to keep charging them dime store rates they should have layed some cable instead of investing exclusively in software.

The poor are dumb by default. It's why they are poor in the first place. If you are poor it's because you are dumb. The poor have all the information in the world and what do they do with that knowledge? They play video games and look at videos online. They actively choose not to better themselves.

fuck that-

real wages have not kept up with common services

ie monthly cell phone bill & cable bill which together could potentially combine for almost $300 for a small family

how much have real wages moved in the past 20 years to keep up with the introduction of cell phone bills?

at&t cable bill + at&t cell phone bill= 200$+ per month small family

Forcing voices off into dark little corners isn't free speech. There's no free speech on the Internet. Therefore, we aren't going to lose free speech when NN goes away because we don't have it now.

Google hasn't done a fucking thing to provide more access to low income families. They haven't invested a dime into wireless infrastructure or ground cable, they let Time Warner do all the heavy lifting and now they are mad that since they have no physical assets, TW has control over the cable and can start charging them for the ridiculous amounts of bandwidth they consume tabulating metadata.

Metadata which goes straight into the NSA's data facilities.

Your paying out the ass. WTF is wrong with you?