Shoukoku no Altair adaptation

It's actually going to happen.

project-altair.com/
dailymotion.com/video/x55blg2_project-altair-cm-kazuhiro-furuhashi-x-mappa_tv

Director: Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Hunter x Hunter 1999, Rurouni Kenshin TV series and OVAs, Mobile Suit Gundam UC
Studio: MAPPA

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_This_Corner_of_the_World
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>MAPPA
I'm excited but to be completely honest I read the first 2 volumes and it wasn't very good, other historical manga were a lot better

Ah but I see, this is why it's getting an anime. The manga is very fujo from what i've read so far

We don't know the format yet. It could be a feature film with an original plot.

Those two title are their most popular series. Of course they'll list it there.

What's the first one?

>t*rk
>white

While I enjoy the manga, if this anime has any threads it will pretty much just be Sup Forums shitposting, possibly some /his/ too.

You probably think Kingdom is good

>they adapt this just because it's the era of the fujo bubble

i hate the mountains.
i hate the sun so bright.
i hate crustaceans.
i hate the stars at night.

Not him but Kingdom, Vinland Saga, Historie and Ravages are a million times better than this, fuck off.

You think it isn't?

Oh yeah, it's popular and doesn't have gay as fuck ladyboys so of course you do.

One of these is not like the others.

Ravages is very good, even if it is a manhua, both artwise and storywise. Historie doesn't look very good, even redrawn in volumes, but it is intersesting to read and its perspective is fresh. Vinland Saga is a modern classic, duh. Kingdom is just a nekketsu in historic decorations.

Altair has a great art and setting, it might lack the writinbg of the very best, but is by no standard bad. So you fuck off.

This was the last good arc. Renpa was the best.

Popularity has nothing to do with it. Kingdom is very simple compared to other historic manga, it is just a nekketsu.

For a second I got this mixed up with Gunka no Baltzar because I'm retarded and got excited.

nice

im not looking forward to the thread though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_This_Corner_of_the_World

>Altair has a great art and setting

And that's it.

Characters are terrible and the plot the least interesting out of the ones listed. You're just a fujo thinking this shit is anywhere but painfully mediocre shit

Read it 7 or 10 so chapters, didnt interest me at all.

>This was the last good arc.
>Coalition invasion came after that
>Duke Hyou
>Sai

How about no you tasteless piece of shit.

> it is just a nekketsu.
You seem to repeat that a lot but it means nothing you retard.

Plenty of interesting characters, who get developed in quite some ways later on.

>muh fujo bogeyman
Don't be that insecure.

Will Furuhashi deliver?

>Kazuhiro Furuhashi
Picked the fuck up.

Kingdom is some incredibly shallow battle manga that just happens to take inspiration from history, Altair might be flawed but it a least has some depth.

>Coalition invasion came after that
Had its moments, but alltogether it is weaker. If only its final focus wasn't on Reebok and his super rare strategy of "Houken, git em boy". That really made the final of Sai go down.

>it means nothing
More like you don't know what it means.

Not that guy but you're not allowed to be an optimistic guy on Sup Forums you cunt.

>who get developed in quite some ways later on.

Yeah nice fanfiction.

Just because the protag was a dumb naive fuck and gets a reality check later don't act like this is some amazing development

> everyone crying about fujo
guys, the MC is a natural trap so it's not gay

way more than anyone in kingdom got, save maybe the waifu assassin becoming less edgy by the power of wanting MC's dick

>Had its moments, but alltogether it is weaker

Opinion discarded

>More like you don't know what it means.
Nekketsu is just hot blooded you retarded fuck, yes Kingdom has hot blood, so does Berserk basically every other manga with fights/war in it what's your fucking point?

Altair has nothing, the characters are bland, the art is generic bishonen and the setting is clearly there to emphasize on the fact that they're all pretty boys, wearing jewelry and faggot clothes

Le nekketsu (熱血?, littéralement « sang bouillant ») désigne un canevas et un genre employé dans les mangas (particulièrement les shōnen) et shōsetsu (romans). Il est directement inspiré du concept du monomythe tel que décrit par Joseph Campbell1. Osamu Tezuka est crédité pour avoir créé le genre, au travers de son manga La Nouvelle Île au trésor1.

WHAT A SURPRISE, EVERY MANGA EXCEPT THE POPULAR ONE IS GOOD

Holy fuck at least pretend you're not just being a contrarian.
>way more than anyone in kingdom got
So you've never read it?

>waifu less edgy because of MC's dick
Oh you haven't.

>way more than anyone in kingdom got

Shin was never stupid thinking he can save everyone from the get go.

>waifu assassin becoming less edgy by the power of wanting MC's dick

More like he's been through wars with her and never moralfag'd her about her revenge and let her go do her business and have a place to come back to if she survives but yeah go enjoy making up shit as if she's anything like that or even understands.

>Nekketsu is just hot blooded you retarded fuck, yes Kingdom has hot blood, so does Berserk basically every other manga with fights/war in it what's your fucking point?
remove hot bloodedness from kingdom and you have really terrible political shit (and no mc, since shin's only main trait is being really hot blooded), remove hot bloodedness from berserk and you have a tale of revenge, adventure and drama, which is basically current berserk.

altair isn't nekketsu, as since it doesnt need to pander to 13 year olds, so your "every war manga is nekketsu!" just lampshades your ignorance.

Next time write in english

And again, you keep repeating Nekketsu but it means absolutely nothing. Just because it's hot blooded doesn't make it less good or well written than anything, stop being retarded already.

Kyoukai didn't come back for Shin, sure he's a big part since he's the one that opened to her first but she makes it very clear that she wants to go back to the unit who she now considers family as she's lost everyone else.

>Opinion discarded
What an intellectual argument.

>Nekketsu is just hot blooded you retarded fuck, yes Kingdom has hot blood, so does Berserk basically every other manga with fights/war in it what's your fucking point?
Are you this blind? It is a shonen fightan staple, and Kingdom follows it to the end. There is nothing special about Shin and his adventure.
Berserk moves in a completely different direction.

>Holy fuck at least pretend you're not just being a contrarian.
All of them are fucking mainstream popular you doofus, stop being stupid.

>Kyoukai didn't come back for Shin

Well yeah, i said he she has a place to come back to which is shins unit.

shin still thinks they are the good guys even after he saw his best friend's subordinate behead and rape villages of people
which makes him a complete moron, and his friend a hypocrite (as his whole "let's kill a bunch of people to unify china so we don't have to kill more people" loses weight when he employs and rewards one of the worst bloodthirsty psychos in the whole manga).
and all of this is beside the point.
>More like he's been through wars with her and never moralfag'd her about her revenge and let her go do her business and have a place to come back to if she survives but yeah go enjoy making up shit as if she's anything like that or even understands.
> muh place to come back to
holy shit, that is so rare! it's not like altair has the same exact thing only with the character not also conveniently wanting MC's dick because it's not a generic battle shounen until MC has a couple love interests.
besides, didn't she literally say one of her objectives now is getting knocked up by shin?

>remove hot bloodedness from kingdom and you have really terrible political shit
Says you.

>(and no mc, since shin's only main trait is being really hot blooded)
You're making it pretty obvious that you've never read the manga.

>remove hot bloodedness from berserk and you have a tale of revenge, adventure and drama,
So edgy garbage?

>altair isn't nekketsu, as since it doesnt need to pander to 13 year olds
Remind me which one's the shonen manga here... Oh wait, it's Altair, the one literally aimed at 13 years old, which is why it's about pretty boys that look straight out of final fantasy

>All of them are fucking mainstream popular

>none of them are top 30 selling this year at all

>mainstream

we're talking about a manga who is angry faces getting beheaded in really badly coordinated fights for 90% of its pages, followed by some bullshit about nakama, fihting spirit and willpower
you think that's target demographic is older and more mature than a manga which has proper tactics and politics and a mc who isn't every single shounen mc trope crammed into a one note character?

why do you think kingdom threads get fuck all posts in this board?

>shin still thinks they are the good guys even after he saw his best friend's subordinate behead and rape villages of people
Except he's repeated several times that he doesn't think they are? You've never read the manga right?

>besides, didn't she literally say one of her objectives now is getting knocked up by shin?
She didn't even know where babies came from, it was a gag scene.

I said stop being stupid.

Top 30 is the top 0.5% of the industry. Everything that makes into the oricon lists is still mainstream as fuck.

>Except he's repeated several times that he doesn't think they are?
you're telling me the guy who has been portrayed constantly as a heroic dude is actually intended to be shown as a bad guy?
and feel free to post where he says HE is not a good guy, because what you posted ain't it.

Hoo boy

>Shoukoku no Altair Thread
>debating Kingdom instead

Why didn't it go into a cute roach fuccboi discussion instead?

Since when does Shin that they're the good guys? He admits several times that they're killing people, the difference between what he's doing and others is that he fights armies, he doesn't rape and pillage villages that are part of his fucking kingdom.

You fucking retard you do realize that the whole point of unifying China is making that same people your own right? Why would you go and rape and butcher your own people? are you braindead? you can't expect people to obey you if you raped their daughters you imbecile.

> a mc who isn't every single shounen mc trope crammed into a one note character?

I didn't know Shin was similar to Yotsuba.

You're embarrassing mate.

>mainstream
>multiple volume releases in a year
>nobody is buying them

Get real you stupid fuck, you cannot be mainstream if you're manga don't even sell when it releases

>He admits several times that they're killing people, the difference between what he's doing and others is that he fights armies
so it's ok?
> You fucking retard you do realize that the whole point of unifying China is making that same people your own right? Why would you go and rape and butcher your own people? are you braindead? you can't expect people to obey you if you raped their daughters you imbecile.
that's my point you absolute retard
>I didn't know Shin was similar to Yotsuba.
now you're not even making any sense

Not him but shin is just a regular soldier who kills enemies on the battlefield. He's not barbaric like Kanki and his men. There are tons of of people like shin in the manga who don't go that far to fuck with the enemy by fucking with innocent civilians so you are just grasping for straws here.

He's never once said "we're the good guys"

>so it's ok?
Altair reader everyone.

>mc who isn't every single shounen mc trope crammed into a one note character?

Yes the same naive MC who believed he could save everyone was sure aimed at adults, especially that funo styled art I'm sure grown men are going to read it

>Why didn't it go into a cute roach fuccboi discussion instead?
Kingdom fans are insecure like that.

Some contrarian faggot got asspained when people said it's a boring historical manga and started talking about Kingdom.

If you check nobody had even mentioned Kingdom before

>Hey this manga is not very good
>I BET YOU LIKE ____

you're comparing something that was only true at the start of the manga (and lead to development) to what has been all kingdom is since chapter 1.

>Why didn't it go into a cute roach fuccboi discussion instead?

see

>so it's ok?

He's fighting as a soldier, you're supposed to be killing your enemies, killing and raping innocents is what most soldiers and kids like shin would see as going to far

>so it's ok?
I think your brain is not ok.

>that's my point you absolute retard
I don't think you even understand your own point. There's 1 edgy retard(Kanki) that does that shit, nobody else does it and it's prohibited by Sei, other than that some small fry do it when nobody's watching but you can't say everyone's like that.

>you're comparing something that was only true at the start of the manga (and lead to development) to what has been all kingdom is since chapter 1.

Except the rest of the manga is literally him being
>i'm a sad ladyboy that knows nothing of the world

>Get real you stupid fuck, you cannot be mainstream if you're manga don't even sell when it releases
After you make a certain point, you are a part of the mainstream, no matter if you sell 50000 or 500000 per volume.

>and it's prohibited by Sei
so prohibited Kanki basically got a promotion out of that
>Except the rest of the manga is literally him being
>i'm a sad ladyboy that knows nothing of the world
that is not even true

I has waited for this, oh yes

>so prohibited Kanki basically got a promotion out of that
Kanki got a promotion because he kills enemy generals left and right. Sei is not dumb have you read the manga at all? Several times he does things that he doesn't like but needs to simply because he can't conquer China otherwise.

Kanki gets a semi free pass as long as he's useful and that's it, if Kanki didn't die he would've gotten a forced retirement anyways when he wasn't needed anymore

and that is why the main characters have no moral high ground
and that's why after they refused Riboku's deal they are now basically villains
this isn't just them not being the bad guys, this isn't "oh but i don't kill villagers so i'm better", they willfully decide to attack and kill for their gain, they're not just not good guys, they're the bad guys.

but good luck having this shallow shounen actually point that out.

>After you make a certain point, you are a part of the mainstream, no matter if you sell 50000 or 500000 per volume.

No, you gotta be a consistent top seller for a while, how can you be mainstream if barely anyone reads your manga retard?

Sei prohibits it, Kanki is one useful guy that saved Qin's asses in the coalition that's why he was promoted, not because Sei likes him he just looks the other way.

Back in the day when a guy tried the same as Kanki he got cut in half by Shin, that guy had no value so he killed him.

You're acting like Shin acts like a moralfag but despite attacking him and having the chance to he still didn't kill Kanki, he doesn't agree with his methods and he hates his guts but he still understands that Kanki is important and you can't just get rid of him

If Shin was the stupid retard you say he is then he would've killed Kanki without thinking what it means for the Kingdom to lose a man like that.

It gets much stronger after the first two volumes. If you don't enjoy it by the time the city raid happens, then it's not for you.

Can we please talk about Altair? Kingdom is one of my favorites, but I really love Altair too.

>50000
>barely anyone
Yeah, sure.

> he's useful so it's ok
that is not how that works, especially since their supposed reason for waging war and killing people is to unite china
unless shin's goal is actually just to get rich, which would make him an even shallower character.

>Director: Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Hunter x Hunter 1999, Rurouni Kenshin TV series and OVAs, Mobile Suit Gundam UC
>Studio: MAPPA
I am in heaven right now

>and that is why the main characters have no moral high ground

AND THEY HAVE LITERALLY NEVER SAID THEY DID. READ THE FUCKING MANGA

You do realize that Shin's dream is being a general right? you do realize that he achieves that by killing enemies right? he's not aiming to be a protector of the world you fuckface.

>and that's why after they refused Riboku's deal they are now basically villains
And?

>this isn't just them not being the bad guys, this isn't "oh but i don't kill villagers so i'm better", they willfully decide to attack and kill for their gain, they're not just not good guys, they're the bad guys.
There is a difference between killing your enemies(soldiers) and butchering an entire village that had literally nothing to do with the war you mongoloid. Shin kills soldiers all the time, but he won't attack innocent villages just because he can

If you can't see the difference in that then you have no brain

>that is not how that works
>reason for waging war and killing people is to unite china
Welcome to reality.

Altair's kind of getting mediocre. Or maybe I should say it makes me feel contrary now.

There's been nothing but victories for the protagonist to the point I'm rooting more for the empire at this point. The two most recently killed commanders had you rooting for them until the very end where Mahmut wins again.

I'm guessing it's preparing for the sudden downturn where everything starts going wrong for Turkiye, but it's taking its time and the ones I'd hoped most to spearhead it were taken out like all their peers before them.

Like whose even fucking left to command Empire troops at this point.

Kingdomtards are the new narutards. Kill your miserable selves.

both shokoku no altair and kingdom are enjoyable reads you dips.

STOP TAKING CHARACTERS' SPEECHES AS FACE VALUE
yes, he did all the "ooh i know im so baad" but him wanting to see it through STILL means what he is doing is right, do you really think that whole fucking speech wasn't him just saying "yeh war bad but muh united china right"? the whole thing was just an attempt by the author to somehow justify the protagonists switching from a mostly defensive position to refusing peace and literally invade everyone

> If you can't see the difference in that then you have no brain
the difference is one is armed, considering how fucking useless most foot soldiers are compared to the musou bullshit of the main characters, that isn't saying much.

> And?
that basically makes kingdom's protagonist faction less deep than altair's antagonist faction.

remember when someone raged on about how having a rapist psycho is counterproductive to actually uniting china? what's the fucking point to unification if the people hate you because you "looked the other way" when some guy raped and pillaged their countrymen just because it was easier at the time (which justso happens to be the reason they refused the peace)?

Seems the author gonna go on how Mahmut would face the fact that the Turks gonna be the new Imperial power - this may head to collision with Zaganos Pasha's new Turkish Empire.

> him wanting to see it through STILL means what he is doing is right
It means that he thinks it's right, yes. why would he do it otherwise? are you on drugs?

Of course Sei thinks he's right you idiot and in no moment he says that he's a good guy or he's going to be super peaceful, Sei wants to rule China because he thinks he's fit for it but there is no moral standpoint where he's supposed to be better than others and he doesn't believe he is, he's literally conquering the land.

It was already done, Kanki had already killed those people.

Why don't you go read shonen manga where the heroes are always the good guys and they never have to swallow it when they can't do anything about what they think? Shin doesn't agree with Kanki but there was no point in killing him, he got their objective and those people were already dead. More people are going to die, he's come to terms with it, that doesn't mean he or his men will do it

>mappa

fuck yes. Altair is one of best series going on right now: my only fear is the part they will end up adapting, fall and rise of Mamur, is treuly the most boring part and we won't get to any major battle

It really triggers me that people call Mahmut dumb and naive when he's probably among the top 3 most mature and intelligent "shounen" protagonists out there. If anything, he's among the ones who most often get PUNISHED when they are being too naive, something I would definitely like to see other manga doing.
He's also pretty unique in having made peace with the establishment and having relatively conservative ambitions instead of being a rebel or outcast or trying to overthrow the corrupt regime or achieving ULTIMATE JUSTICE etc etc

Anime adaptation is just announced and the thread is already full of shitposting.
It bodes well.

I'll probably enoy the show anyway.

Those were super hype chapters, though. Had no idea how it would turn out. The jump was amazing.

Also, the black haired guy has wayyyy too many death flags at this point to survive.

EH this is a pretty generic bishonen manga. I mean I can see why MAPPA is adapting it since they're doing a lot of Fujoshit lately but honestly it's not very good.

It's probably one of the safest historical manga right now, but whatever enjoy it I guess

threads will be hell

>antifujofags
>Sup Forumsfags
>kingdomfags

> It means that he thinks it's right
thank you for agreeing with me! the guy who decided to cause a war on a massive scale, willfully disregarding the cost in both soldier and civillian (because Kanki is still there) lives, when presented to a way out that would have prevented all the above but maybe cause other wars in smaller scale sometime in the remote future, all of this just because he thinks he'd do a pretty good job at ruling all of china, still think he's doing the right thing. without realizing he's just another selfish warmonger.
honestly the problem is that hypocrite thinks he's doing the right thing, instead of thinking he's doing the convenient thing, which he is.

> It was already done, Kanki had already killed those people.
yes, and Kanki, after being granted a promotion because the king looked the other way since he was useful, is toootally going to stop doing the thing he thinks makes him more effective (which means useful).
after all, when someone commits a hineous crime, we just pat him in the back if he's an useful person.

You do realize that nobody had even mentioned Kingdom before a shitposter did right?

When I think "generic bishonen manga" I think a color-coded group of archetypical pretty boys who go on a journey and all the fights end with "we'll settle this another time" and nothing actually happens.

I think it gets really good after Turkey states civil war, the battle in the sea with NotVenice and NotGenova was probably the best by a long shot

I'm more interested in Haikara-san.

You do realize that kingdomfags were too weak to ignore him?

Man your bait is already stale, you're just contradicting yourself at this point, and typing like a retard won't make you sound smart, sarcasm is not smart.

You said kingdom was generic shonen manga, now you're literally admiting that the characters are nowhere near generic good guys and they don't even think they are so you're shitting on them for not actually being generic good shonen manga guys.

This is my last (You)

>kingdomfags instantly revealed themselves when their manga got mentioned
So the thread was full of them right from the start.

was the mc trap in this manga?

it means... trap kebab? oh my.

? read You do realize that you can like more than 1 manga right? user said all those were better, the only reason the Kingdom topic kept going was because this shitposter kept going after Kingdom

that would be true if the protagonists being bad guys would actually pay off in any way, instead the storytelling is going to conveniently ignore all this and go back to presenting them as heroes, because the manga does not really develop any of this, choosing instead to focus more on angry faces getting chopped off and our awesome manly heroes becoming the strongest
that was what that speech was about: not making the reader realize he's now following the bad guys.
besides, characters that say they're not the good guys yet still act with self righteous conviction with narration still justifying their actions at ever turn are still pretty generic

thanks for playing!

>shit on popular series out of nowhere for no reason
>trigger people
>le why are you upset

Nice victim mentality

>it's Altair, the one literally aimed at 13 years old
Shounen Sirius is literally "aimed at late teens and people in their early 20s."

does anyone have that page where mc goes trap?

Go back to wherever you came from.