Why do so many people pretend to like this manga/anime?

Why do so many people pretend to like this manga/anime?

I agreed op. I'm not trying to be a contrarian here, I tried watching HxH and it was boring and never clicked with me

It doesn't help that Gon is bland either

Some people have an Underdog complex

Some people have different taste than you. What a surprise!

>Some people have shit taste
ftfy

it's in my 3x3 . i don't know why tho!

>Underdog complex
This is Sup Forums faggot, everyone has an underdog complex here.

It's unironically my favorite series despite all the bullshit that wrong with it. HxH is fleece blanket with a cup of cocoa in the wintertime level cozy.

I only watch it for Gon and Killua's homolust.

best anime ever, just first 2-3 episodes kinda shit.

this

Pretty much this to be honest.

Because "deconstruction". If something is just slightly different from everything else, it's a "deconstruction" of its respective genre, and thus good.

It's a bit unique at least.

It's funny to go back and watch Yu Yu Hakusho and see some of the characters that have been put in HxH

Literally the only right answer

I still can't see Kurapika as a guy

/thread

Fuck the fuck off.

The reason people like HxH is because the fights are methodical and build great tension in interesting ways. It's just a very good battle shounen, fuck "deconstruction".

this

My nigga.

This plus Hisoka's pedoshit and Kurapika.

this don't get were that whole deconstruction shit came from it does what other shonen do and better except pacing sometimes its not necessarily different from them either

More like just killua's........Gon's not a faggot

I bingeread the manga recently, and while it had moments that I liked, for some reason it never really clicked. It was like some limbo where I was constantly on the tipping point, but never flipped to becoming truly engrossed or turned off.

I really, really loved YYH, so I gave HxH so many chances. Watched up through Heaven's Arena and it never felt right. I think, probably, that it's just because it's too power-levelly.

YYH had a lot of interesting stuff because an shounen where it's not just "only the strongest guy is relevant" at a time when that's the ONLY thing DBZ was. Villains like Rando, Team Uraotogi, and the new psychics in Chapter Black all had things going for them other than super strength that made fights compelling.

Meanwhile, at least in my view, HxH starts powerlevelly and only takes off from there. In the Hunter Exam arc, killer clown is untouchable because his power level is just too high. In Zoldyck Family arc, they need to do power training to become superhuman strong. By Heaven's Arena, they're demolishing normies twenty times their size without breaking a sweat because their powerlevel is super high - and that's before even getting Nen.

>shit taste
You're talking about OP, right?

Today op was a fag

HNI is better than hunter

HxH probably has the most interesting battle style and ability rules of any battle shounen. Also it feels like there is real danger in the world and that anybody could die. If it wasn't for the human DEM fixing gon and existing in general and the constant hiatises it would probably be the best battle shounen ever

Those two sisters should have been raped or something. I need more of them.

Post Pitou, pls.

>all that jpg compression

>it would probably be the best battle shounen ever

So what is then? Gash Bell?

Because that's certainly my favorite. A shame Sup Forums never talks about it. There was the storytime from a few months ago but that's it

There is quite a few parts in the later end of the manga where we follow a weak in comparison character, The majority of the ants that turned against the king were somewhat weak and would be killed without landing a blow if they messed up once.

Yeah, watching YYH and then HxH is like reading an author at his best writing peak and then at his laziest. HxH is still by far the best shounen series today, but it's not up to YYH

you can smiiiiiillle agaaaaiiiin
you can flyyyyyyyy awaaaaaayyy

You suddenly become smarter than everyone else if you say you liked it.

Nah that's shit. You have to be delusional to think it's better than HxH

HxH has better world building, character development, better art and the arcs are more distinctive. Also the story actually feels like it has a main goal and leading up to something whereas YYH just meanders around with no clear goals beyond fighting. HxH is the more confident and mature series.

And don't give me that shit about power ups, more than once Yuuske won a fight because one of his friends got hurt and he gets a power of friendship power up, every shounen does it so don't mislead the plebs that Yu Yu Hakusho doesn't.

Lemmie guess, you watched the anime or never even got to the second arc

There is something truly wrong with the reading comprehension of people who think HxH is powerlevely, especially in comparison to YYH.

I could go in depth but the fact is Gon and Killua are constantly outclassed by their peers, mentors and enemies, and lose on a regular basis. The majority of fights are heavily strategic, and the ones that aren't carry significant thematic meaning (Gon San). A huge number of abilities are non combat. The CA arc shit all over the very concept of powerlevels by having the strongest character die by poison and have a girl constantly defeat him via non physical means. DC arc is disregarding them by including threats that don't have powerlevels at all.

Seriously, how is it possible to misread children's comic this badly?

Are you Implying that HxH has even a sliver of the intelligence both Jojo or Death Note have in their writing?

What do you mean by DC threats not having powerlevels? Maybe not in the traditional sense but they're certainly going to be "stronger" than CAs.

New chapter when

Because Killua is a cute.