Why does Sup Forums hate this again?

Why does Sup Forums hate this again?

It's just the usual 6/10 anime.

Because its actually a 1/10 anime

Its just a meme. Everyone knows its a 10/10 masterpiece.

>characters are all retards
>MC is a Mary Sue of ungodly proportions
>game mechanics make no sense
>the VR gear is shit
>the characters are retards
>the absurd amount of plot holes
>the fucking fairy dance arc
>character motivations are bad
>the characters are all retards
>bad writing in general
>the characters are all fucking retards
I don't know what's so hard about this. Literally everything about this series as a whole is downright retarded and insulting to anyone with half a brain, and yet still people praise it. Granted, there have been instances where it wasn't as shitty, and the series had potential. But the bad writing and horrible characters, makes for a massive trainwreck on a monumental scale, and yet still weebs and the edgiest middle schoolers alive will worship it

Gets more attention than it should

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki is completely superior to SAO in every way. It's not the grindy and mechanics aspects for the autistic crowd, it's got the cute girls for the neckbeards weaboos and best of all the MC is not a completely OP Gary Stu like whatever the SAO's MC's name is.

>It's got* the grindy and mechanics aspects for the autistic crowd

Fixed.

4/10 really

You could argue for the first half being 6/10 (and a few episodes like the one with the pink haired blacksmith actually being good) but not much more. Kirito and Asuna (particularly the former) are utterly devoid of personality.

Its a plot hole ridden mess

There are legit bright points in it but the Gary Stu MC and everyone being a giant fuckwit ruins the series,

Mother's Rosario is unironically a 6/10. The rest is a 2/10

>As he creates his character, he decides to choose skills that are considered useless by others, since he has no interest in playing like a main character.
I doubt this, a lot of mmo/isekai usually give the MC useless abilities at first glance but somehow becomes OP as fuck

Danmachi was a 6/10
SAO is a 5/10

Nah, 2/10 is too harsh, It's not like it's totally unwatchable.

It's partly the dichotomy of having a great soundtrack and solid, occasionally excellent, visuals combined with an absolutely awful story and characters. It's unfathomable why something so bad got so much funding.

The other part is that despite being a 4/10 show where solid production values were utterly squandered on abhorrent writing, it's hailed as the second coming of Jesus fucking Christ by spics and entry-level faggots. Not only do they absolutely love it, they love its terrible writing, which is hard to fathom on its own. It's like Elfen Lied in that it's an awful series where the equally awful writing is held up as a golden standard by tweens and kids that've only ever seen naruto and dragon ball z.

It would be "bad but ignored" where it not for that vocal and obnoxious fanbase. But having so many insufferable faggots love it is reason enough to hate it for all of the things that make it a bad series not worth anybody's time or consideration. Because people like you, OP, will get incredibly butthurt over the fact that Sup Forums doesn't like you or your shit taste.

The reason it's hated is actually not that hard to understand. Like you said, it's just your usual 5-6/10 anime but it's mostly the fanbase that garners the hate. They treat the show as the best thing since sliced bread which annoys a lot of people since there are clearly a lot of shows better than SAO.

Were all those stupid flips necessary?

It's rule of cool user.

>game mechanics make no sense
Made sense enough to me, poorly designed though.

Because it was popular with the mainstream crowds, the kind that create cringey memes and share them on facebook.
By itself, it really was a fun 6/10, but Sup Forums understood it's best to keep discussion of it away from here, lest we attract those kind of crowds.

They actually are necessary.

Wasted potential.

You can do so much with "help im imprisoned in VR!" but the result is just... shit.

>It would be "bad but ignored" where it not for that vocal and obnoxious fanbase.
Nah, you're just so far up your own ass you think your tastes are universal. There's a lot of appeal in the show that targets a specific demographic. I see a whole lot of cross-appeal with NGNL another show that's highly rated by some that I think is absolute garbage, but I realize some people like different things than me.

Oh of course, somebody would have to be up their own ass to not like SAO. How could those philistines fail to appreciate its compelling plot and engaging characters?

Because it's not ended after first arc. Only first arc is good more or less. Everything else is pure form of cancer

Literally because its popular. It's at least better than your standard shitty battle harem like Rakudai or that other one that had two cours that aired recently.

Mother's Rosario is legitimately decent though.

Danmachi was legitimately good though.

Read SAO: Progressive OP. The novel one. It tries to fix SAO and actually shows each floors in great detail.

This fucker should try it out in the Goblin Slayer world.

No, someone would have to be up their own ass to look down at people who like the show as insufferable faggots, but keep proving how far up that ass you are. Normal people who don't like the show just give it one look and move on, not make it their personal crusade to attack the show.

Because it's chuuni as fuck.

>super special MC with a unique super powerful skill that only he gets because he's so amazingly good
>calls himself the Black Swordsman
>dresses entirely in black while looking like a complete tween fuccboi

>super special MC with a unique super powerful skill that only he gets because he's so amazingly good
Nah, Kirito only got dual-wielding because he had the fastest reaction speed in SAO. He even said if Yuuki was in SAO then she would have gotten it instead.
>calls himself the Black Swordsman
If I remember correctly, It was the other players who gave him that nickname
>dresses entirely in black while looking like a complete tween fuccboi
I like dressing in black too and it's my favorite color but that doesn't mean I'm a fuckboy.

user you can't possibly justify this cringe

>Nah, Kirito only got dual-wielding because he had the fastest reaction speed in SAO. He even said if Yuuki was in SAO then she would have gotten it instead.
And this makes him less of a chuuni gary stu, how exactly? Oh that's right, it doesn't.

>If I remember correctly, It was the other players who gave him that nickname
That's even more chuuni.

>I like dressing in black too and it's my favorite color but that doesn't mean I'm a fuckboy.
It's one thing to dress in normal black clothes, and something entirely different to dress in a fucking trenchoat when you're some tween edgelord.

If you genuinely like SAO then that means you're either some teenager with horrible taste that listens to my chemical romance or a giant manbaby that reads it for wish fulfilment because his own life is so depressing.

>cringe
Look, I'm not even trying to protect SAO here but your arguments are just weak. What's wrong with ? It's just rule of cool, most anime characters do unnecessary things to look cool.

I would have enjoyed this more if Kirito hadn't been in the beta.

In season 2 he lost to some random girl. I think the author just threw that loss in there to make it seem like he isn't all that powerful, but when you don't even see him train or see the struggles he goes through in SAO, it's all for nothing and useless.

That's why I think he shouldn't have played the beta because then it would have seemed more plausible and interesting to see him lose.

You say that like My Chemical Romance is even relevant. Get off the board, grandpa

t. dumbass

>And this makes him less of a chuuni gary stu, how exactly? Oh that's right, it doesn't.
Yes it doesn't. But the question was why people hated it. Mahouka had a chuuni gary stu MC too but a lot of people in Sup Forums liked it including me.

>It's one thing to dress in normal black clothes, and something entirely different to dress in a fucking trenchoat when you're some tween edgelord.
What the fuck? When did Kirito wear a fucking trench coat in real life?

bc its popular.
Sup Forums also hates Naruto, shingeki, boku no hero but somehow praises stuff like To Aru and Stay Night.

>I like dressing in black too and it's my favorite color but that doesn't mean I'm a fuckboy.

It means you're a fatass social recluse.

There's a difference between rule of cool and cringefactor over nine thousands.
Why the fuck did he even do that backwards cartflip to deflect the third arrow? It wasn't coming any different than the others and was the very same identical arrow as the first two. Also zooming in on his fucking face TWICE for no reason at all, like he did the best thing ever unnecessarily and voluntary giving up of balance for no reason at all.

>says the mobileposter

When I say I hate popular anime, I give my self a sense of superiority that I do not follow the mindless masses, like every one of you that I am unique and special, like a snowflake.

>image

The fun thing is how people in Sup Forums like Goblin Slayer trash for no reason

>for no reason

Oh you poor child.

Ebin rape?

You just described rule of cool you fucking autismo. It's how Levy from Black Lagoon can do a backflip, shoot people accurately mid-air, and still doesn't get shot.

The rape is irrelevant.

GLOP

How did they piss and shit while playing the game

Wasn't it written by a 13 year old?

Because unlike a certain retarded MC in this thread Goblin Slayer dude knows the importance of wearing helmets and not doing unnecessary movements.

GS is same self-insert haremtrash with BADASS mc. Classic

Nope. Revy does that shit to aim better, there's no reason for this gay fuckboy to suddenly change his style for the third arrow.

because retards praise this "6/10 anime" as a living masterpiece when it's not. Otherwise, no one gives a shit.

>GS is same

Nah.

>wearing helmets
Like faceless MC in VN?

Now I don't feel like watching this anymore.

>doing a backflip 10 feet in the air helps you aim better

>this is not bait

Man this just seems so fucking wanky.

Sasuga 15 year old writing.

>Two years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna.

>whacky VIDEO GAME moves "equal bad writing"

>Ginji from Black Lagoon cuts a bullet in half in real life
>cool
>Kirito blocks bullets with a sword in a VIDEO GAME
>wow, that's so wacky

Execution matters kiddo.

No user, just the way he's doing all the spins and shit and stunning her while doing it.

Don't be such 15 year olds.

video games are for kids

>wacky

Are you illiterate?

>Playing WoW: Legion
>Got my artifact tanking ring
>"Who's this Heathcliff it's referring to? I'll look up the lore"
>It's a SAO reference

Logged out right then, haven't played since. Not fucking kidding, just dropped it dead.

>playing anything other than vanilla

>No user, just the way he's doing all the spins and shit and stunning her while doing it.
No different from a typical Platinum game´s shenanigas. Not to mention if someone was firing at you with an assault rifle, and a rookie fuccboi with the implied shittiest weapon of the game would be deflecting all the bullets in front of ya, you doubt you´d be anything but "stunned" as well.

Explain.

Still triggers me.
Every time I see it I have to stop myself from writing the reasons that it's total bullshit.

>No different from a typical Platinum game´s shenanigas

Wow.

This is quite the rare specimen.

You are not providing much arguments or even trying to explain what the hell you are babbling about in general.

Goblin Slayer is a cheesy operator manga about operating operatorly against goblins with an operator protag. It's garbage, but it's an intertaining garbage.
Also goblin memes

There are no benefits to arguing with retards.

Give in to it user, I wanna know.

I hate it because it had so much potential, that was completely ruined by episode 2.

Same here, the first ep was hype (if you didn't knew about the original material).
But by ep2 it was clear that ut would be garbage.

>i actually don't have an argument but i'll call him a retard anyway

So is fate

I don't have arguments for retards, correct.

Because it didn't have a single redeeming quality about it except its ost.

The fairy arc was also better than the first arc.

>backlogged it when airing
>turns out to be mega shit
It seems fate stops me from watching shit shows a majority of the time.

I never called Fate a good show.

Well nobody mentioned fate but that's equally overrated too

...So?

Because more 6/10 series are forgetten after a while and never get a second season. Yet people are still talking about SAO despite how awful it is.

>Why the fuck did he even do that backwards cartflip to deflect the third arrow?

Because it's part of a programmed movement, it's a sword skill.

>It's just the usual 6/10 anime.- 89 posts and 9 image replies shown.

that's why

not even good enough to make it a solid average 7, just mediocre

we star wars now

This looks incredibly stupid.

This.
And casual normies talks about it like it's the greatest thing ever just because it's vidya in anime.

I know how fucking stupid this is, but the chuuni inside is squealing.