How can you believe in something for which there is no evidence for that something to exist?

How can you believe in something for which there is no evidence for that something to exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5SMwKdKFPb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

75mg of DMT is literally evidence

Don't argue about whether it is or isn't unless you've actually experienced it, because you can't

Ask an astrophysicist. They believe in all kinds of fake shit. Black holes, neutron stars, dark matter etc. All made up shit with absolutely no direct observations.

Hallucinates... must be real.

Aye it's just a fake illusion that never gets repeated in near death experiences or religious texts

Reals alone are too depressing and dont help with existentialism. So theories held by popular beliefs and feels do the job. Wish I could into believ but its so abstraxt.

Theres no evidence that your senses provide reliable data, so we don't have evidence for anything

There's a concept of the universe that Spinoza described, that was basically a non-religious pantheism. It's really a perspective and not a belief, and that perspective says that everything is interconnected, meaning we're all part of a larger system. imho this is heartening because it basically means that everything we value about ourselves and our experiences continue on after we die, since we're really just observing this larger system that we're part of. Zen goes into this deliberately, describing us as waves on an ocean - the idea of an individual wave is an illusion, since each ripple is just part of a larger whole. The same concept essentially exists in Sikhism's panentheism, as well as Taoism, Bektashi/Alevi Sufism, Jewish existentialism, and in some ways Quakerism.

If God is just a tool for conceptualizing that interconnectedness, then the atheist/theist question becomes almost irrelevant.

Hinduism is the only philosophy worth following in that pic.

There is evidence God exists. First off scientist now say there is a beginning of the universe. stephen hawking said himself "almost everyone now believes there is a beginning of the universe" and since a few years back science concluded that infinit regression is impossible, that there has to be a universal constant we can say "well there are two possibilities, math or some timeless spaceless being" it cant be math because i cant take 2+2 and turn it into 4 pounds in my pocket. But it is obvious something created math and nature and we know that something must be like us humans and nature.

Now we know it cant be a God that weighs our good deeds over our bad because where do we see that in nature? We dont, if you want to marry someone you take them for who they are and love them, if they love you back they do the same. Youre not going to say over the next 40 years follow these rules and maybe ill marry you then. And neither will God. He has unconditional love for you just like a bride to her groom, all you have to do is accept it and you can be woth him. But if you dont accept it God will leave you to your own devices and you will unlimatly, when moved to the next life, be away from the presence of God.

That girl you want to marry says no, can you force her to love you? No, the best thing is to leave her alone because love by deffinition must be freely given.

Most of the actual Buddhist teachings (not superstitious cultural modifications) are verifiable and reproducible and are a-religious. (As in not pertaining to religion) and I don’t mean the Hollywood empath faux-meditation faggot version most people think they know. I mean the real deal for instance Therevada particularly Vipassana.

You are even gayer than OP

There is no proof that you are a complee moron but i still believe it
and mostlikely al of your friends too

Lol: You defined Buddhism, thx

And the Milets school of philosophy

Valid argument friend. Im not gay im actually a women married to a man

Practicality. Atheists universally have low birth rates. Religious people much higher birth rates. If your ideology causes your species to self-select into extinction, it's obviously useless.

I love how it is impossible for christfags to even imagine a world not driven by an ideology.

"Atheism" is not a system of beliefs and, unlike religion, you don't need to argue with thousands of years of inane dogma to convince people to reproduce if it is in their best interest. The fact that atheists happen to have unusually low birthrates does not have anything specifically to do with atheism.

It’s called faith.

Atheists have faith that Netflix will come out with a new season of their favorite original. Religious people have faith their god will help them in their lives.

Vipassana has valuable techniques, but it also has weird, esoteric beliefs. I would take Soto Zen over Vipassana any day.

On paper, Theravada is about the fundamentals, and Mahayana adds all sorts of weird beliefs. However, that isn't at all how it breaks down in practice. For example, Cambodian Theravada Buddhists literally pray to Buddha as a god, and many Theravada Buddhists even worship certain Hindu deities.
There are certainly some weird Mahayana branches (notably all of Vajrayana), but Zen literally strips all the mystical bullshit and only focuses on the simplest meditation. Soto Zen priests don't even believe in reincarnation, except as a metaphor for being part of a larger system.

humans evolved to do so and usualy christian societys had the best outcome so christinity is a good thing to belive in because people can't live without believes

What evidence is there that what we perceive actually exists? youtube.com/watch?v=5SMwKdKFPb4

Science is philosophy for the stupid.

>What evidence? Where? I don't see any evidence! I'm looking with both my eyes closed, I still don't see it!

Aren't you busy taking refugee cuck in your superior atheist ass?
Most cucked countries have the highest number of atheists.

>you don't need to argue with thousands of years of inane dogma to convince people to reproduce if it is in their best interest

Prove it. As you say, people come to atheism for a variety of reasons. And it always results in lower birth rates. 1:1 correlation.

Mostly irreligious North Korea's TFR: Over 2
Mostly irreligious Vietnam's TFR: Over 2
Mostly religious South Korea's TFR: 1.1
Mostly religious Poland's TFR: 1.3

not really

Usually religious people are influenced by their families at a very young age to believe their religion, it isn't them being ignorant it's just what they've learned to believe

Same sort of chemicals are released from your brain when you're near death

See these are all theories, which in the scientific community are just about fact, we have all of the math to back us up though lack the technology to observe these phenomena.

why are you picking on the theist if they behave themselves then i don't care what they believe. most atheist i have met don't believe because they are not interested in following the morals the religions promote. which i find appalling since there whole rebellious phase is because they want to indulge in there degeneracy. on which side do you fall?

Youre right. I ask myself why they believe the holocaust everyday.

I don’t. I just live by the moral rules and enjoy the community aspects of going to church.

Has no experience.. Must be fake and gay

have you tried to study if they dont exist?

OP what happenes, is that you are seeking to verify an esoteric truth exotericly.. This timeframe we are in is full of deception and the only way you can discover the truth is by combining knowledge, wisdom and experience into one.

Esoteric philosophy is the study of the soul and nature. Exoteric philosophy is a way of establishing / controlling culture.

Do your feelings really exist?

But there is. Historic records of Buddha and Jesus, etc. Now did they have supernatural powers?

How can you believe what happened in Ancient Rome? We have roads, bridges and stones, but rest of it is just something guys in the past wrote somewhere. Maybe they lied too?