Is this the worst sequel to an anime ever?

Is this the worst sequel to an anime ever?

E7 was a fucking gem but this was liquid shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/anime/11/36313l.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's my vote as well. For every bad sequel out there, AO went to such extreme lengths to be completely terrible in every possible facet. It's honestly impressive, in a way.

The OST was ok.

I don't know what this is, but route A took a garbage adaptation and made it even worse, which is kind of impressive

I was so hyped, but holy fuck I was dead inside by the end of Ao.

How could they fuck up that fucking bad?

How?

I think the second part it's where shit gets horrible. The things about Truth and time manipulation where handled horrible. But the fist part was really good. Eureka and AO episode was one of my favorites, also AO's OST was godly. But I can understand why people say the show is horrible.

Another Bones original nearly matches it.

God only knows. I just pretend it doesn't exists. It was horrible for me as well due to E7 being my all time favorite.

Eureka Seven Ao, it shit on everything that made the original great.

Also Renton is the worst father ever lol sorry son we're gonna fuck off forever GOTTA GET MUH DICK WET YA FEEL?

E7 was perfect, it even had an acceptable dub.

Great characters, great world, great story, great music, everything was fucking great.

That's what kills me. I agree with your completely, I don't have a single gripe about the whole thing, all 50 episodes.

EVOL and Famfam want a word with you.

2011/12 was a bad year of sequels.

Could have used more Anemone, but otherwise perfect.

And Naru's character getting rewritten like 5 times was ridiculous
Was a fun untz untz untz ride until the end

>EVOL
Why does worst girl always win: The Anime

The Soccer episode was not the best.

Is Senpai bad it looks cute.

YOU CLIMBING THAT TOWER SENPAI?

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT

Just when I manage to forget this shit some one of you fuckers brings it up again

Suffer like the rest of us.

FLCL is next.

it was a really good release of tension before the climax, i'd say if anything it was ok, and it being mediocre was almost to its credit, but im biased as fuck so who the hell cares what i say

Starts off decent then falls to shit. Good music though.

More like really underused characters and world, terribly executed story, and good music/visuals. I'd say the guys doing visuals, character design, and art were really into this. Dai Sato? The guy barely tried but I'm not sure whether or not it was all his fault. RE Revelations also had good ideas for a story but really horribly executed. In the end I think Kyoda and Sato had a very shallow vision and ultimately wasted everything the franchise had going for it.

Ao turned to shit the moment they took out the magic reset gun. That piece of shit completely ruined story progression. Steins gate did the universe travel thing and I remember what that did to the show but it worked there. WTF made Bones think this show needed resets? The franchise has been struggling telling a story since the first series and they pull off this trump card shit? Fuck Bones.

It's a misunderstood masterpiece you plebs.

No.

I watched it and I don't regret it, but you're patently wrong.

I liked the LFOs, I liked some of the characters a lot, but Captain Earth was a better Eureka Seven sequel than AO.

Let that sink in for a moment.

It feels like a show that takes off but quickly succumbs to generic action for the majority of the first half. The secrets are uninspired in design and the mecha action isn't that good. Why didn't they use some of the cast in Gen Bleu like the crew members? Life in the company is barely explored in the show and it wastes any opportunity it has to show what the company is hiding exactly. It's just thrown out in the end, everything.

Then there's some shit that seems to be intentionally provoking and starting shit with fans, such as Truth, The End's "cameo", the majority of everything that happens with Naru, etc.

The last exile sequel was much worse. I felt like it got a lot more wrong and had even less to do with the prior entry Then AO.

I did enjoy Captain Earth's very cutesy ending I must admit but the show was terrible and a lot worse than Ao was. Ao just started resorting to bullshit revelation after the next for the sake of bullshitting. Not quite in the level of garbage tier shows as a whole but pretty damn close.

I have high hopes for more FLCL. I mean diebuster was good. So why not more FLCL? I mean I get it E7 was a 50 episode contained series with few open ends. FLCL was an experimental project with multiple animators that some how found a way to make a semi-cohesive story. If they can at the very least capture the original in that sense I will be happy.

Nah, I'd say Ao is way fucking worse than Evol, Silver Wings, and DtB2.

I'd even say Captain Earth was better, though it was garbage too.

>I have high hopes for more FLCL

I disagree although i've only seen DtB2. My god don't get me started on that.
Deal with it. We're still a year out. I hate people like you who shit on something that we haven't even seen a trailer of.

>I hate people with common sense

I liked escape and the first trailer that came with it, and iolite. The other songs were pretty meh. The first op was ok but could've been better, ed was better than op. Second op was shit and 2nd ed was pretty good and reminded me of canvas ed from the first show.

> Eureka AO is believed by many to exist
> Iconic Field is not going to happen

Diebuster wasn't terrible, but it couldn't compare to the original.

>Escape better than BravBlue
>as an eureka seven opening

I liked, it did have a different feel compared to most other songs in the series. The trailer was also pretty cool. Bravblue was like a cheap attempt to trigger nostalgiatards imho so I didn't like it as much.

myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/anime/11/36313l.jpg

When I saw this I was hyped, it looked like a new beginning pretty much. That's what I hoped the series would cover for the entire timeline but nope, I got a shit load of resets and a big reset in the last episode.

I like how the sun's rays are the trails the coralian meteorites are making with the cosmic shit on top. Though at this point, they're not really coralians yet.

You do realize that none of the people that worked on the original aren't at Gainax anymore, right? Even if it isn't garbage, its going to be a huge departure from what made FLCL what it was

Fleur > Eureka. This is a fact.