Anime films are putting Japan’s live actors out of work

>The increasingly lopsided nature of Japanese cinema is having an effect on its acting community. Nearly three-quarters of Japan’s Actors’ Union are voice actors, up from 60% 10 years ago, according to union representative Michihiro Ikeumizu.

>“It’s ranked at the top of the most desired professions,” said Ikeumizu. “Especially voice actors who focus on voicing anime. Recently, the marketing of voice actors with proven ability and voice acting talent agencies have increased a lot.”

qz.com/863740/the-massive-success-of-anime-films-like-your-name-is-putting-japans-live-actors-out-of-work/

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=4NShEKYoPXw
youtube.com/watch?v=IIX9aoN7g4o
youtube.com/watch?v=woiMYzVTl9c
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
youtube.com/watch?v=RBBrZ3d2sJE
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
youtube.com/watch?v=jvEZqGOloaY
finance.yahoo.com/news/pf_article_112902.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_films_of_2016
keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
youtube.com/watch?v=SlduxC1mtrs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Keit-Ai is putting 3DPD out of work

MEME MAGIC

B-but Sup Forums keeps saying that anime is dying. What the fuck is going on here? I thought anime didn't make any money.

If Japan actually made good live action movies, this wouldn't be a problem

>Keit-ai is a meme
>a manga
>a wordpress story
>a record breaking animated feature
It truly finds a way

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

There he is. There he goes again.

Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little keit-ai thread up and fill in the captcha.

Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha, maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass so you just choose the picture.

Oh we all know the picture, the uh epic flip phone isn’t it? I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor.

But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that’s right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You’re a fat fucking fuck up and she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a shitty fanfic.

Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic keit-ai fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even talk try to you because all you say is “FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY.”

You became a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now.

And that's all you'll ever be.

>a movie so dangerous it jeopardizes the balance of the 3D world

Sup Forums keeps saying it.

Actually FINDS A WAY to the head of character designer, see Newtype lastest cover.

>Keit愛 OST

OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

OP Full: youtube.com/watch?v=4NShEKYoPXw
ED 1 Full: youtube.com/watch?v=IIX9aoN7g4o
ED 2 Full: youtube.com/watch?v=woiMYzVTl9c

>Keit愛 TVアニメ

PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

>Keit愛: 君の名は。

PV: youtube.com/watch?v=RBBrZ3d2sJE
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE

See

>implying Keit-ai wasn't a 4-year-long marketing campaign by Makoto Shinkai on Sup Forums

Trump isn't the only one capable of 29D Parcheesi.

>yfw when Tomino predicted this over 3 decades ago.

Well, it makes perfect sense, probably not even nips like their own movies, but anime is even exported to the rest of the world.

japanese are generally shitty actors anyway. especially when they're directed by japanese directors. literal overacting shitfest.

On a different topic, is there a version of this movie out yet that isn't garbage in quality?

>Japan’s live actors
Those exist?

Part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Well, MCs of Your Name are voiced by live actors.

There are dozens of them

youtube.com/watch?v=jvEZqGOloaY

What went so wrong bros? Japanese movies were very good

You're not allowed to make movies about your history from any other than american POV.

Not sure what I expected

Hollywood took over the live action movie industry. They'd rather watch white men with Japanese subtitles than look at their own people.

>the increasingly lopsided nature of Japanese cinema

finance.yahoo.com/news/pf_article_112902.html

It costs the equivalent of $24 to go see a movie in Tokyo. (Probably more now, this was in 2011.)

So while normal people are cutting back on entertainment expenses like you'd do in a recession, the anime nerds are spending their life savings on hundred dollar anime BDs.

Does this mean Hollywood actors are putting American voice actors out of work? Of course not, these industries don't magically sabotage each other.

Pretty much, England that had a decent movie industry is pretty much gone, same with France and Italy.

I think we dont hear about it because of Theater that survived, Hollywood simply destroyed everything ... I suppose Korean and China Cinema survive just because they are somewhat isolated but Hollywood already setting their eyes on China so its a matter of time, of couse Japan got worst because they lack the Theater tradition of Europe that allows actors to remain on a live stage and of course because of Sony that is one of the major studios of Hollywood.

Well, it seems China wants to make its own Cinema Industry to compete with Hollywood, and with protection from the Chinese Government they might even succeed.

>You now realize that Kamen rider is just a make work program to keep japanese live action actors employed.

It might be worth watching if they can stand to make films that aren't retellings of Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Well, they still have their place in TV drama.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_films_of_2016

This new one about the Great Wall is supposed to be the first of the new breed of Chinese-made films to compete with Hollywood.

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, an anime preview, an anime episode, and an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar nominated, and a critically acclaimed box office success, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/

Part 1 is a bit lazy in the animation department but Part 2 is where all the budget went, obviously.

>China wants to make its own Cinema Industry to copy Hollywood movies

Fixed the grammar errors for you

Wait, so Kimi no Na wa is actually based on Keit Ai?

Don't know how well most Hollywood formulas would translate into Chinese though.

This.

Also if you can actually act you would probably go to America and be the token asian character. Or at the very least the token martial art expert

don't fall for the seiyuu school scam.

Yeah being Katana in Suicide Squad was so worthwhile.

They dont, this is why The Mermaid was the highest grossing movie in China, Warcraft movie that bombed was saved by the Chinese revenue that just shows they have strage tastes.

I think they also own a lot of Hong Kong movie industry that is already established, after all The Mermaid and Shaolin Soccer had the same man behind them, Stephen Chow.

what is kabuki?

I think they think Late Night anime=all anime. I mean Sup Forums is pretty ignorant and seems to think anyone "normal" or mainstream is Satan himself so....

They think acting means just gesticulating, gnashing teeth and mugging for the camera as they chew the entire scenery so yeah. Acting to Japan might as well mean just go completely bat shit nuts on camera for 2.5 hours since apparently every live action drama has to be an hour longer than it needs to.

Hollywood fucked it desu. Japan just doesn't produce good live action movies anymore.

Your Name isn't an otaku movie though. Incidentally

>Thread is about Live Action vs animated cinema in Japan
>Example is Your Name
>Thread spends the majority of it's time memeing about this Keit-Ai thing

I swear OP's do this on purpose

This, Japanese live action cinema is complete garbage.

But I liked Minna Esper Dayo. And Boys on the Run.

Japanese actors and films (with the exception of Anime) are ABSOLUTE SHIT.

They can't act for shit, always overacting, plot is shit, all shit.

The Japanese can only make good movies, when they are the only ones doing it.

B-But I like Nodame Cantabile.

The subs are up on Kissanime, but is there a release date for the English dubs?

Just take a look at the FMAB trailer, theres your reason why JP movie industry is shit.

>believing Sup Forums in the first place

>why don't people want to go to the theater to go see a 3-hour long samurai film with no intermissions in the year 2016?

The problem is that chink cinema lacks 'bite' due to the government censorship. You can't quite afford to be too creative in your materials.

So painfully this, 99% of Japanese live action is complete shit.

And no, its not a cultural/language barrier issue, its just bad.

The only good live action Jap films that have come out in the last 10 years or so that I have seen are;
Okuribito
Aruitemo Aruitemo

The latter being a Oscar worthy example of how Japan should stick to making fucking films.

Rurouni Kenshin live-action works even as standalone films though.

>strange tastes
It's not strange at all. There's actually a very simple reason: CG and special effects. To people (in the west) who are used to seeing major blockbusters for decades, it may not mean anything, but to china (and by extension, plenty of other asian countries), hollywood is their only real shot at seeing fancy CG effects. While the west has already gotten used to it, over in china it's still a pretty new thing and good CG isn't quite as common in their own films.

>Hong Kong movie industry
Unfortunately, HK's movie industry seems to have stagnate in recent years.

Kill yourself

this is kinda overboard, you know.

Don't know what you're talking about senpai.

forgot scene youtube.com/watch?v=SlduxC1mtrs

Or they could go the Akira Kurosawa route so that the west can return to fellating the artistry of Japanese films.

whyjapandoesn'twinoscars.gif

Big Fish & Begonia was a legit good movie desu

Funny seeing talk about live actors overacting when this is about competition from anime, the lord of overacting. Isn't that the reason live actors are sometimes hired for anime movies and such rather than seiyuu? Because they don't base their performance on archetypes?

Never said there aren't good chinese movies, it's just that there's a 'limit' to how good they can be.

>limit

Just because you can't understand Japanese culture doesn't mean they're "bad" films.

Just because you've dumbed down Hollywood films so that they're watchable internationally doesn't mean that they're "good" films.

>Japanese
We're talking about actual chinese movies here, not the chinese in the lol chinese cartoons joke.

u w8 m8

Calm down on the projection and strawmmaning. Also, we're talking about Chinese cinema and you seriously have no idea about what's going on. I'll tell you to go read about what people in the entertainment industry have said about it (at least those who dared to speak out) but you probably can't read mandarin anyway. Your post has jack shit to do with anything.

Japan saving 2D animation

>China wants to make its own Cinema Industry to copy Hollywood movies

Chinese companies are making anime shows more and more, but you only saw the japanese studio name. But the contractors were in china. But this season's Bloodivores is a chinese producer (TenCent) and chinese animation studio. They have to have some japanese staff to get it onto japanese TV, but no worries because they are broadcasting it in china in its native language.

Picture: Disney has been unable to stop china from making, showing in theatres around the world, and selling Cars. The chinese studio copied a lot and modernized the drawings and then basically did a rewrite of the text. So, you have Cars starring the Autobots. I guess Autobots is not a trademark of Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast.

>Chinese """""""""""""""""""anime"""""""""""""""""""

Is this a Kimi no Na wa thread?
I want this to be a Kimi no Na wa thread.

Which is worse plagiarizer, China or korea?

It's a Keit-ai thread.

If Disney can't stop China, we're doomed.

Korea is more faithful to the source material.

Oh I agree with you, Chinese cinema would probably be world-renowned if it wasn't for the CCP. I just wanted to mention Big Fish & Begonia cause it's probably the first good animated movie to come out of China. I'm hoping it gets an international release.

If Chinese animation got big, would discussion of it belong on Sup Forums or Sup Forums?

it's not anime's fault. idk much about Japanese cinema, but when someone talks about modern Asian cinema it's either going to be Hong Kong or Korea. and China and Taiwan to a lesser extent.

>anime is dying meme

newfag detected

The "meme" is in context of late night slots. Indeed, it is reclining and does not bring home video sales like it used to (even by last decade's standards)

Now, releasing anime on film guarantees YUUUUUGE profits and sidesteps piraters at the same time.

If it did get big enough, then there might be enough massive shitstorms on both boards that would result in a "/qi/".

>"/qi/".

/qi/? I might be dumb but what does that stand for?

If nips would just put their shit on Netflix instead of continuing their meme garbage of physical sales.

Am I crazy or are the current seiyuu generation all starting to sound the same? I'm pretty sure only ten years ago the performances were far more distinct.

Quite Interesting

What would we do without China

>If nips would just put their shit on Netflix instead of continuing their meme garbage of physical sales.

lmao now that's a recipe for "anime is dying"

Qin Shi Huang

The jackass, the territory, and the state that the West named the massive empire in the East after. Hence "chin(a)".

Nip business culture is still leery of streaming as a viable delivery platform. Many of them are also computer illiterate and only access the internet through their cellphones. Also Netflix's insistence on releasing shit all at once would be the death of weekly discussion on Sup Forums as we know it

Ah, just the jackass for all three parts.

Physical media is already dead.

America would still be great because we'd still have our manufacturing jobs and wouldn't have to have our media pander to pleb chinks.

The beginning of the end for mainstream Japanese cinema was when Fox fucked over Kurosawa on Tora Tora Tora!
They picked him up to co-direct purely because he was the only Japanese name they knew, then proceeded to ignore and talk down to him until he left.

>Would have to pay a lot more for all electronics.
>But this is good because we keep this ridiculously low amout of garbage jobs inside the country
I bet in 20 years when all transport of all things is automated you will be complaining on how evil robots stole millions of jobs

>"I love the anime people, great people outstanding character, just terrific people. I was on the phone with them the other day, just fantastic. but they got a problem folks. I the media wont want me to say this, but I will because I'm a good guy: nightslots. I mean they work on the anime, they draw the anime , they voice the anime, they write the anime, and where do they put it? The nightslot! Folks, there's something seriously wrong with that country if those, terrific, terrific people can just end up on the nighslot. I'll tell ya what, once I'm in control: no more nighslot. Nada; zilch, bye-bye mr. nighslot. Anime is gonna be so, just, so so great, they're gonna be sick of all this greatness, I'll tell ya, there gonna be sick of it. It's gonna be YUGE, lemme tell ya.

Ignoring the five year olds that scream from their lungs that Japanese can't act and make good films for a second, it's true that cinema in Japan has decreased in quality. Good movies are so being made, good actors exist but the overall quality has seemingly decreased. Especially in production values, lightning and composition seem almost irrelevant even though it was one of the strongest points of Japanese cinema.
Don't know what they're doing but it could very well be shit education when it comes to acting and directing. Plus funding might also be awful but it seems the Japanese are happy with it.
We have almost the same issue in Germany, somewhat decent production values but terrible acting schools that focus on theatre like acting and directors that often just go down the "Hollywood" path.