Gulag Survivors

We hear a lot about and from (((Holocaust Survivors)))

Why do people never talk about Gulag Survivors?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulag_Archipelago
lmgtfy.com/?q=nazis moscow lake
youtube.com/watch?v=IcH00ZC3Df0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
youtube.com/watch?v=HkaMJyg0w_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My grandpa's brother was sent to work in the mines for 15 years (originally was 30) because he worked with the Germans as a borderguard.

It wasn't unusual for gulag detainees to survive, except in the war years.

If you concentrate and imprison people and you lose the war they generally die because they are low in priority for food. If you win the war they can live since there is food available. Simple stuff.

Gulag detainees no survive gulag

Wasn't there a movie not too long ago that was about being imprisoned within a gulag?

> implying there is food in communist countries

Surviving the gulag is a crime punishable by being taken to the gulag.

> just Russia

Prison Camp S21 (Cambodia)
Gherla prison (Romania)
Knićanin Camp (Yugoslavia)
Hỏa Lò Re-education camp (Hanoi Hilton Vietnam)
Belene labor camp (Bulgaria)
Camp Boiro (Guinea)
Hoeryong concentration camp (N Korea)
Laogai prison camps (China)
Kolyma gulag (Russia)
Cuban MUAP concentration camps
Houphanh Samana (re-education) Camps (Laos)
Pul-e-Charkhi Prison (Afghanistan)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulag_Archipelago
Read The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Even if they did survive the gulag camps they had to have survived outside the gulag too.

they hand out food instead of food stamps.

Winners write history.

Daily reminder that commies have killed over 200 million people. Most of the commissars and secret police were jews. That's why pedowood doesn't make movies about russian revolution. Instead they scream autistically muh 6 gorillion.

Why are there countless movies, TV shows, documentaries and books about the holocaust and very little, if none, about the holodomor?

You already know the answer.

based commie remover :DDDDD

>the first ''wtf hackz' ever recorded in Real Life, colorized

My grandfather survived 10 years in Siberia. He was sent there because he served in nazi army.

>*revisionism intensifies*

Are you Estonian or Latvian?

user was incorrect about the total number of people killed by communists. It's really around 100 million.

He's correct about everything else.

I'm Latvian. He was not sent to gulag until swine of a neighbor didn't out him. Neighbor informed agencies that my grandfather "Shouted that he will kill all comunists and shot german submachine gun in air".

Ктo этo? Eвpeи кoммyниcты?

He was not sent to gulag until swine of a neighbor outed him*

нeт блять, этo кaзaхи

No, it's Patrick

Based grandpa

Goli otok too for Yugoslavia

I also had a relatives deported to sibiria, but gulags was even worse

Дa ,бля, нeкoтopыe нa тaтap пoхoжи , нa них oбpaтил внимaниe

In what way does would that fit (((the narrative)))?

>berg

Heh

Because they moved the fuck on with their lives.

the gulag is not fundamental to the american identity. the holocaust is.

The real answer is that most of the gulag survivors stayed in the soviet block after the War, and because of that their voices and stories were never really heard in the West. Many more slav civillians than jews died in WW2, but because of jewish influence in western media industry, especially in USA, their stories were vastly over-represented.

I tell you a story confirmed by many people that knew him.
When (after 10 years) he came back, he went to talk to his neighbor (the one who outed him). He never let him know that he knows who outed him and so on, just a friendly chat between two friends who haven't seen for long time.
Next day neighbor was dead - from fear.

>nazis imprison jews to work in camps and execute a minority
8 gorillion movies and books
>commies murder 200 million people in the largest nation on earth
Gulag, user? What's a gulag?

I wonder who is writing history...

some (((people))) never let good leverage go to waste, while other people believe its healthier to leave the past where it is

my Great Grandparents left Ukraine (small town west of Lviv) about a year before the Holodomor.
My blood boils when I hear about Commie faggots at Unis nearby, or anything Communist related in my country. Fucking idiots don't know shit about history, am almost full Nazi because of it.

Women, children and the elderly were sent to live in some mud huts and work in local backwards kolchos.
Men were sent to gulag camps.

Because every time someone brings up "muh gulags", it's whataboutism to whitewash Nazis and trying to downplay the horrors of the holocaust, it's a derailment tactic.

Communism and Nazism are so far apart in terms of evil you might as well stick an ocean between them, The ultimate goal of Communism is for everyone to live a good life. The ultimate goal of Nazism is to take over the world and exterminate everyone Nazis considered inferior.

The Nazis started the greatest war in human history and killed over six million innocent people, it was the Red Army that put an end to the holocaust and liberated Europe from fascism.

I know a few great Ukraine folk here, same reason, same feelings. You are some pretty nice folk. Your women are sexy, which is a bonus

Because a lot of (((historians))) already get triggered by Holodomor having a similar name and body count.

Oh, is it 200 million now?

I smell heresy.

>similar body count
Holocaust:
>6 gorrillian (worst case scenario, not including non-Jews (Ukrainians!!!!) who died as well
Holodomor:
>lowest estimate 10 million
Fucking jews, man

You mean that he killed himself out of fear of what your gramps would do to him as revenge?

>The ultimate goal of Communism is for everyone to live a good life
>The ultimate goal of Nazism is to take over the world and exterminate everyone Nazis considered inferior

Spotted the bolshevik.

Nazis did not want world domination. They wanted Greater Germany domination.

My sides.

there are many but mostly in Russian
most of it got declassified and published in the late 80s and 90s when Soviets fell
west had no interest in spreading it cause commies were already officially done

you can easily search online if you want to read more about it

If it wasn't for the Red Army, your ancestors would have been exterminated.

He did not commit suicide. He was healthy man, didn't go to his mates that evening (as far as I can recall story), what was considered odd as comunist trash always gathered around the bottle most of days. Next day he was dead from heart attack.

>200 million
It's ~120 million in all commie countries combined, user.

Nah, current research officially states that there were probably between 5-7 million. Not my numbers, just stating what mainstream research claims here. Furthermore many argue wether or not it was even a genocide, since the UN definition of it all requires there to be an intend to physically destroy a people and since only kulaks in the countryside were targeted, the definition supposedly doesn't apply here.

Because they didn't.

>>since only kulaks in the countryside were targeted
>>only kulaks in the countryside
>>only kulaks
the fuck? literally everyone in Ukraine was a "kulak" in the countryside. you either had some shitty plot of land barely enough to sustain yourself (kulak), or you were starving.

The way back maybe? Ed Harris was in it. Pretty good desu. Polish bloke gets sent to a gulag and they walk to India after escaping.

>telling truth about commies = supporting nazism

wow you lefteis are unbelievable pieces of shit

Deportation is now extermination?

A) because western academia is run by commies B) they want people to think nazis were uniquely evil

The dekulakization was 100% a fucking genocide. And not only that, it resulted in a famine cause you leftist brainlets can't think a year into the future.

hurr duurrrr lets kill all the farmers feeding us that makes sense

50% of Latvians and 100% of Latgalians. That's perfectly fine with me. You have no concept of what vermin most Latvians are, a study (that I can't link so you can disregard) that came out after Latvia became "free" country in 1991 indicated that 2/3 latvians were telling on their neighbors to cheka. Study was buried later because of all the fuss it created and I can't find it.

>nosgobe
kek, accurate too

Communists din du nuffin wrong and you're a racist if you suggest otherwise ;^)

>generalplan ost

Hi Borat! Very nice!

It's 300 billion you commie sympathiser

fuck off, leaf.

>they hand out food

if it wasnt for commies and Stalin WW2 would've never happened at this scale
Stalin's repressions destroyed Russian army

commies killed more of my people than nazzis and both killed dozens of millions, so fuck off justifying one totalitarian murderous ideology with another

you uironical university-brainwashed commies are even worse than uneducated nazi larpers

"Kulak" per definition were the more affluent farmers. But even if everyone of them was a kulak: (((they))) argument that the people in the city weren't targeted, so no genocide.

Thing is that the order given by Stalin didn't say that everything was to be taken from them, but the units confiscating food still took all since they could keep something for themselves. To me it is mainly genocide because they even stopped distribution of train tickets and such to ground the people in a countryside robbed of food. No different than the Turks deporting the Armenians into a desert without any food.

Wrong.

Imagine the property, power and prosperity being a deck of cards. Now the same families have held on the big cards where as the poor have shitty deuces or nothing. Now, communist revolution happens and it throws all cards to the ground and everyone has a chance to pick them aces, kings and queens. Its simply a chance for shrewd faggets to get power they would otherwise never have.

After the power is consolidated, the nomenclature doesnt have to answer to the masses anymore and secret police etc prevent counter-revolutionary actions. After all, being revolutionaries themselves they should know all the tricks.

So stalin didnt order it? That just means on a personal level every communist is genocidal. That really doesn't help your case.

If it wasn't for Stalin the Nazis would have exterminated Russians simply for existing and Moscow would have been turned into an artificial lake.

The fuck taught you history bitch

I repeat: This isn't my case - I'm relaying to you the current discussion among historians of the subject.

Stalin ordered something like "take 80%", but they took 100%. And then they kept people from going elsewhere to get food and even confiscated anything those people hamstered elsewhere afterwards. I agree that it only shifts the focus on the perpetrator, but a lot of people stick painfully close to the UN definition of a genocide and we'd basically need a written order showcasing that there was a clear intend to kill ALL Ukrainians for them to consider it genocide since it requires both intend and annihilation (which is why Belgian Congo is no problemo).

>from fear

You didn't even google this did you?
lmgtfy.com/?q=nazis moscow lake

Don't forget the masturbation machines and the mass murder rollercoaster!

Noted.
(((historians)))

All this does is take the blame off Stalin and paint every commie as a malicious selfish genocidal maniac

If you want to know more about the Bolshevik Revolution and wars, this series will piss you off (NSFL): youtube.com/watch?v=IcH00ZC3Df0

>tfw when your only proofs are cryptic footnotes that could have been added post-war in completely irrelevant documents

Would they be making this massive artificial lake in the 40s with the same technology they used for the masturbation machines? Or the rollercoaster of death?

Here they argue that the people confiscating were mainly local Ukrainian units. I've literally heard one (((historian))) imply that even if it was genocide, the Ukrainians genocided themselves then. I felt sick.

Read the first link. If you're too lazy to learn, it's not my job to spoon feed you.

>Hitler determined that Moscow, like Leningrad and Kiev, would be levelled and its 4 million inhabitants killed, to destroy it as a potential center of Bolshevist resistance. For this purpose Moscow was to be covered by a large artificial lake which would permanently submerge it,[1][2] by opening the sluices of the Moscow-Volga Canal.[3] During the advance on Moscow Otto Skorzeny was tasked with capturing these dam structures.[3]

No im just pointing out how retarded your post war propaganda is

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

DERP

KYS. You got the the first sentence mixed up with the second.

>it's whataboutism to whitewash Nazis and trying to downplay the horrors of the holocaust, it's a derailment tactic.
This is true sometimes, and it does ruin one's ethos if that's the context, but whenever I bring up the commie crimes to commies and their apologists they bring up all kinds of "capitalist" or nazi crimes as deflection or derailment, even going so far as accusing me of being a fascist for it. It goes both ways.
Did communism ever achieve that goal? No? Did it murder over a hundered million people and oppress uncountable amounts of people in the process? Yes? Then stop pulling the "B-but their intentions were good!!!"-argument.
>The ultimate goal of Nazism is to take over the world and exterminate everyone Nazis considered inferior
That was more of a means to an end, for them. The ultimate goal of the nazis, just like the commies, was to create a utopian society for their own group in which it could prosper. For the nazis, it was the german people, for the commies, it was the working class. Same intentions, same result: Millions dead to no end.
>it was the Red Army that put an end to the holocaust
That's rich, coming from a tankie. Yet you say nothing about the genocides of the Soviet Union. The Holodomor? The forced expulsion of native Karelian Finns from Karelia? The forced deportation of almost every Soviet minority to Siberia where millions died of either forced labour, starvation or disease? The attempted russification of the Baltic, Central Asia and the Caucasus? The forced expulsion of over a fourth of all Germans from the lands whom they had inhabited for centuries, if not millenia? Putting an end to one genocide does not excuse you for doing several genocides yourself.

(checks flag)

ActBlue, we have been over this , you must change your flag , then shit post

sage

>liberated Europe from fascism
So you say that Poland, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Bulgaria were fascist? And for the countries that actually were; Romania, Hungary and (east) Germany, what is the liberation from one form of oppression if it is only to be forcibly substituted by another? Enforcing communist puppet states can hardly seen as "liberating", it's just red imperialism with polished name.

this was good old school kino
youtube.com/watch?v=HkaMJyg0w_Q

Because normal people realise that starvation and imprisonment are parts of day to day life when you live in a third world shithole like communist Russia was. They aren't schizophrenic snowflakes that make up stories about human skin lampshades to extract sympathy from retards and the brainwashed. Surviving that and getting to live in a peaceful and stable environment more than makes up for the hardships they suffered, unlike greedy niggers and kikes that demand reparations and gibs but will never actually forgive anyone, they'll just ask for more.

You've probably only ever lived around whites, so you wouldn't understand how the non-white parasites operate.

Whataboutsm

ahhh... a bullshit term whose only purpose is to let lefties hand waive away anything counter to their preferred narrative.
"lets kill all the white people"
"what about their right to live?"
"WHATABOUT IT YOU SHITLORD!! fuck you just want to derail the topic, fucking only Nazis want white people to exist at all."

Truth, and kek confirms.

>nomenclature