Aoki Ei is back, this time he team up with Rei Hiroe

Aoki Ei is back, this time he team up with Rei Hiroe.

タイトル:Re:CREATORS(レクリエイターズ)
原作・キャラ原案:広江礼威
監督:あおきえい
シリーズ構成:あおきえい・広江礼威
アニメ制作:TROYCA
放送情報:2017年放送開始予定
公式サイト:recreators.tv/
Twitter:twitter.com/recreators_tv

Re:Creators. New projet #anime en 2017 pour Rei Hiroe (Black Lagoon). Il est crédité comme scénariste, chara-design & idée originale (01/02)

Rei Hiroe va reprendre Black Lagoon au printemps prochain dans le Sunday Gx.

Other urls found in this thread:

otakomu.jp/archives/474971.html
twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/809535654522519552
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Rei Hiroe va reprendre Black Lagoon au printemps prochain dans le Sunday Gx.
I doubt it.

otakomu.jp/archives/474971.html

It's real too.
twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/809535654522519552

Giant loli?

Yeah, one chapter par year.

Black lagoon chapters when?

Is this the sequel to Re:Zero?

It takes time in after Re:Zero and Re:Life, but before Rewrite.

>animation : TROYCA
Then it's going to be full of QUALITY. Great.

Well, better than nothing.

Troyca show is not full of QUALITY though.

Thanks for the laugh

FUCK YOU, AOKI. GIVE SLAINE A HAPPY ENDING.

Nope.

Awful OP post.

Staff:
>Original work: Rei Hiroe (Black Lagoon)
>Director: Ei Aoki (Aldnoah Zero, Fate/Zero)
>Series Composition: Ei Aoki & Rei Hiroe
>Studio: TROYCA (Aldnoah Zero, Sakurako - Beautiful Bones)
>Air date: 2017

Aoki x Aniplex x TROYCA x Original= Straight into the garbage as far as I'm concerned. Looks like another one of Aniplex's try to rip off a mash mash of popular stuff and call it an original anime with people with name recognition things. They even named it Re:Whatever.

When was the last time any of these people were involved in an original anime that wasn't complete shit anyway. They all kind of fucking suck and seem to belong together in their pile of shit. You just know Hiroe who is the only one that's actually created anything of note is going to be immediately marginalized by production committee politics too. Anime's a joke, but I don't expect things anymore so whatever.

I never write off anime originals but Aniplex's practices are indeed gross and incredibly transparent. I'm not a soulless zombie you can please with some maximize-profit formula.

Pairing famous creators together can create wonderful things but there needs to be a chemistry between their ideas and personalities first and foremost, and not just randomly pick their names out of a hat.

Any news on the theme song singers?

That's the most transparent problem with their approach to originals. They literally just pick whoever is kind of popular or trendy and available and throw them into things together. I knew as soon as I heard Ei Aoki and Rei Hiroe and saw the edgemaster key visual that it was probably an Aniplex original trainwreck in the making as there's no other reason why those two would ever work together or why it would be named Re:something to target the popularity of this Re: trend. I mean One is a has been that has one major work to his name albeit a popular one in it's day and the other is only a thing because of the established popularity of Fate and has one high profile disaster to his name and an anime nobody watched. I'm also guessing this will be the generic Sawano or Kajiura soundtrack of it's season that everyone goes nuts over cause that's basically their sole solution for action anime soundtracks.

I don't know even without Aniplex shenanigans this is probably just straight garbage because of the ripoff looking nature of it and a director that just doesn't seem to actually be nearly as talented as billed if he's particularly competent at all.

Guessing some Sony Music genericness. My guess is Aimer x Sawano or something like that since it looks like an action thing.

My problem with them is that shitty ass creators and their ideas keep getting work because once upon a time they managed to work on a hit for them or somebody else and they love to play favorites so the anime industry is just stuffed with trash overrated creators like Okada, Okouchi, Aoki, Sawano, Kajiura, Ito etc. who rely on marketing hype and people being blind stupid fanatics in order to be somewhat successful.

I really can't think of any other industry that is just a cesspool of "talent" that doesn't deserve anywhere near the level of recognition and freedom to push their crappy ideas as anime. Any other industry or fanbase would have vetted half these people out of their jobs by now.

Why not LiSA? I would also have guessed Eir Aoi but sadly she kind of left the music industry already.

I doubt Sawano will have a high chance of working on it somehow. If anything I'm placing my bet on either Masaru Yokoyama (or any other Miracle Bus artist for that matter), Tatsuya Kato (who has worked on Aniplex shows twice in the past) or some literally who (like that guy who composed the music for Regalia and ACCA13).

I'm a fan of Hiroe's character designs and he seems to be good at pulpy brainless action (with badass ladies). As long as Aoki doesn't lead the narrative this has a chance. Oh, and it better not be mecha since Aoki has proven he can't write them.

They it's that Aniplex guy.

That said Aniplex originals have been terrible.

It's all the same generic shrill shit to me really. I doubt I'll be watching since Aniplex and Original Anime has meant hot garbage for years now. It might not end up as hilariously bad as say Qualidea Code but I doubt it ends up having much else going for it aside from the typical hype momentum that carried stuff like Aldnoah, Guilty Crown and Kabaneri of The Iron Fortress as far as it could before people inevitably realized they were just being lead along by cliffhangers, nonsensical plot twists and loud BWAA BWAAA music played over actions scenes with waifus and husbandos.

I'd really like to speak for themselves as garbage lately. It hasn't always been that way, I mean they used to put out stuff like Gurren Lagann or even Madoka Magica but they've been absolutely awful since since about Guilty Crown and hitting a major low with Qualidea Code. If I were a subsidiary of a major media company like Sony Music and constantly trying to pimp my studios name as the hippest and best around I'd be fucking embarrassed with output like Qualidea Code and trying to bill it as a seasonal top show and epic team up of writers.

It's always a good sign when the Series composition is done by two people and both not really good writers.

Even without the Aniplex hate meme this doesn't look too good.

>I really can't think of any other industry that is just a cesspool of "talent" that doesn't deserve anywhere near the level of recognition and freedom to push their crappy ideas as anime. Any other industry or fanbase would have vetted half these people out of their jobs by now.

The problem is that no one is setting the bar for what's good and what's bad. There is no Metacritic or Rotten Tomatoes for anime, critical analysis doesn't exist in Japan since media outlets are owned by the very same people who produce LN and fund anime, and nobody takes 2ch and Amazon reviews seriously.

Who's going to stop people from thinking that Guilty Crown is a major achievement of storytelling, or that A/Z is an artistic masterpiece ? The anime industry is so small, people don't want to make enemies by expressing their honest opinion.

Fuck I hoped this piece of shit would have been banished after the fucking Aldoah Zero shit show.

It's not really a hate meme, there track record with originals is just bad lately cause they keep doing it this screwball way of get as many names with name recognition and throw them onto a project thing. When the best thing you can say is it has only two writers instead of 3 like Qualidea Code it doesn't bode well going forward the way the multi-writer thing has been working out for them. Honestly I was joking a month ago with a friend with how they've done a Gundam Ripoff, a Titan Ripoff and a GuP ripoff all within the span of two years how long it would take them to try to cash in on the Re meme and low and behold.

THIS. Everything is based around either hype and shitposting and polar extremes. Implying this, greentext that but nobody bothering to have any clear cut standards on anything. The anime industry isn't stupid and knows how to exploit blind hype over certain names or ideas. Hell I'd say it's the majority of Aniplex business model alone as the most obvious example of always trying to hype everything up at the community. The industry can't do anything about shitposting besides try to subtly fan it in the direction of it's competition which sometimes I swear it's stealthily doing.

>There is no Metacritic or Rotten Tomatoes for anime

Do you really think this would be the solution? Having retards who would think GC and AZ are good instead parrot someone elses opinions?

It's not even just Japan, the Western outlets are all bought and paid for mostly by Aniplex and Funimation but most noticeably Aniplex. Back when ANN still had the sligthest monocrum of integrity left though I remember them really pressing the producer on Guilty Crown and his claims about it being a cutting edge show focusing on compelling drama and characters as well as not being in any way an attempt to ripoff a popular show like Code Geass, basically saying like "Oh come off it you really don't see ANY similarities" and them trying to duck answering the question. Since then ANN has been made full on their advertising bitch like most Japanese media so you don't really see that sort of stuff anymore.

Now that I think of it Guilty Crown was another thinly veiled ripoff anime of another hit. I actually think that Madoka Magica really may be the only one they've come out with that isn't a clear ripoff of something that was recently a hit but even that is pretty obviously based off of elements from Princess Tutu.

This is all but guaranteed Aniplex's annual Spring/Summer overhyped trainwreck by the sounds of it so you can pretty much book Sawano for Soundtrack and that Saturday 12 AM timeslot. If they haven't changed up the formula in like 5 years why change it up now?

What's your problem? Their only own made anime is Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru which had zero QUALITY

Ei Aoki's not at fault for Aldnoah. Blame whoever wrote the screenplay and whoever was in charge of series composition.

That would be the same man who came up with Boku no Pico. Urobuchi was only there for the first 3 episodes and litte else besides shitty marketing tricks by trying to get people interested in the show using his name

You're telling me that the guy who wrote Boku no Pico wrote Aldnoah/Zero?

>Re: _

Fuck off with this shit already. Disgusting.
Ei Aoki is a hack whose only successes where thanks to Fate/Zero and KnK 1's solid source materials. Aldnoah.Zero is what he can do with original anime.

Aldnoah was marketing show written by ghostwriters. Who knows, maybe this you will shot because of Hiroe

>. There is no Metacritic or Rotten Tomatoes for anime, critical analysis doesn't exist in Japan since media outlets are owned by the very same people who produce LN and fund anime, and nobody takes 2ch and Amazon reviews seriously.
EOP pls

HOLY SHIT

He's as much as fault as anyone high up enough to be making actual decisions on the show. He was pretty much the go to guy for all interviews and the PR face of the show and the one explaining all the ideas on what they wanted to do with the show that essentially was the real original creator for it all.

Urobuchi really didn't seem to take all that well either. Got really pissy when he was being asked about it at a convention and said don't blame me blame Aoi and Takayama and likewise if something goes bad with the writing in Psycho Pass S2 blame Ubukata. He also got mad on twitter when Gunslinger Stratos marketing tried to bill him as the anime's original creator and said that's a lie and that him handling the original scenario for the arcade game was a fact. Aniplex are lying sacks of shit that will say, do and exploit anything or anyone if they think it'll up their profit margins so nothing new here really. I actually gained a little respect back for Urobuchi after he became a rare example of someone who stood up for the facts that way against them instead of towing the PR line and refused to let them get away with another usage of his name that could effect his resume and reputation with fans in ways he never intended because he didn't do those things in the first place. It probably directly led to that QUALITY filled piece of shit bombing too when there's a good chance it could have easily banked 10K sales off of his Nitroplus fanboys alone.

Anyone Aoki has absolutely zero originality in naming sense. Ga-Rei-Zero->Fate/Zero->Aldnoah/Zero, but obviously he couldn't call it Re/Zero without getting sued so we get Re:Creators instead which I'm envisioning as some kind of even edgier isekai anime. Apparently they're stuck with Hiroe as character designer too so they can't use any of their favorite pixiv otaku artists to bait any people into watching this.

He's right though shitposter-kun.

You're right about Butcher but why so much hate for Aoki?
Sure Aldnoah was crap but it still was a well directed project.

>"I don't like fun"
What the point of watching anime if you take everything so seriously? What do you expecting?

>Anyone Aoki has absolutely zero originality in naming sense.
>Fate/Zero
>Aoki
user...

Aldnoah exposed him hard or at least should have. Speaking as a mecha fan I couldn't stop laughing that garbage like Zeorymer was his key inspiration for how to set up the fights, characters and overall directing. Literally his insight into mecha fights for an interview PR piece about the show in Newtype was set the camera angle low so the robots look bigger and more menacing which is a technique that was perfected in the 70's and barely even basic mecha anime directing 101.

Guys just a fucking idiot that only understand how to bait fujos (the scene he seemed most personally proud of in Aldnoah is that hamfisted torture scene where Slaine is being beaten with his shirt off by the count guy that gets killed off just as he seems like his character might actually be going somewhere only for the guy that killed him that seemed like he might actually go somewhere as a character to be killed off like 3 or 4 episodes later in the next season) and yuri fanboys so this will fit right in with all the schlock anime we're getting down those lines in 2017.

At this point I'm just convinced Aniplex makes it's originals solely as a vehicle to promote and market it's parent companies music artists. Like as long as the soundtracks and theme songs by Sawano, Trysail, Aimer, Kalafina etc. that they keep pimping and constantly repackaging releases for continue to move x number of copies and the anime discs sell in that 5-10K range that's more than enough for them and everything else can shit the bed and let their PR bitches at Newtype, Yaraon, Daisuki and ANN carry the day and do any damage control. I mean fans give so little of a fuck nowadays that just playing Sawano music over the scenes in Aldnoah was more than enough to satisfy a good chunk of the people that watched it so they didn't even need to do much damage control.

Aldnoah had good visuals and directing as well as some good fights. That's much more than I can say about of crap mecha anime lately. His older shows all were consistent on this too.

Not bad for a fucking idiot I guess.

Also news flash, anime are made to sell things, shocking.

It's the opposite, I do like fun, that's the problem. Most anime isn't fun to me nowadays, it's thinly veiled commercial garbage targeted at anti-social otaku and fujoshi living in Japan with crap annoying characters whose arcs go nowhere and terrible scripts that just seem to be written on the fly to fill time with no sense of purpose. Also too much is being made with the same old hack writers and staffers handling almost every major work and trying to rely on character design and blind stupid hype which does get old very fast after years and seasons of the same old shit that keeps making the same amateurish mistakes that either sees you stop getting TV contracts or starting to learn from them. Japan doesn't seem to have any standards anymore so apparently that's okay though, just keep shitting the bed as long as you made something good in the past and have lots of fanatical fanboys and fangirls still

Also don't tell me I didn't tell you all so when this and about half the other collaboration commercial shit anime Aniplex announced yesterday have 15 track Sawano OSTs over half of which are obvious vocal remixes of the Gundam Unicorn theme slapped onto them. Unless of course that's your thing and you like every action anime soundtrack sounding exactly the same with shrill Mika Kobayashi lyrics drowning out whatever else is supposed to be happening in the scene.

I guess just all the lying and the project really getting ahead of itself in claiming it was the next Gundam in the making and then just being a typical overhyped piece of shit from Aniplex really soured me on it and him and now he's back working with them again. None of these people seem to realize that all the glitzy visuals, big hype soundtracks by frankly monstrously overrated composers in their own right and clashing character designers in terms of tone are going to make a project worthwhile for everyone if the characters and script are absolutely unabashedly terrible. Anyway can make something pretty with a big enough budget and quality key animators and Sawano is practically his own brand when it comes to anime music now, but script writing is just completely in the gutter so it's all for nothing basically. Also to me directing also has to do with steering the plot and character aspects of a story and making it work with the setting, visuals and music and he shit the bed hard on that front so I wouldn't call it a well directed project at all.

Just relax. Re-read some classics, watch some good movies or TV shows. You got tired from anime for sure. Do you for example support anime industry? Do you buying BD?

Aniplex is kind of running out of brands and names they haven't either managed to drag through the mud already with their originals or that haven't just kind of plateaued so they just seem to be coming around full circle again to when they started their whole "Just Do It" movement with Aldnoah and Troyca. Really the only brand that seems to have come out the better for getting involved with them of late has been Type-Moon which would take an all time PR disaster for it's fans to be driven away anyway. I mean they even tolerated the DEEN anime back in the day

The anime industry in it's current state is a laughing stock so no obviously not. Also that's basically just what I do now. If there's a current show that looks like it might not be terrible I at least wait till it's over to hear if it ended up being a disaster or not but there were only 2 all in 2016 that really passed the muster test for watch-ability. I have a pretty sizeable backlog, but once that's done I imagine that'll be entirely it for anything I have to do with anime anymore at this rate. 2016 was sort of a keep tabs on things and see if it gets any better and other than one project next year in Yamato 2202 so far unsurprisingly there's been zero improvement in anything the industry is doing that I can see and it's just going to keep pushing the same garbage and making the same old mistakes that dumb fanboys will overlook anyway cause they have absolutely no standards for what is a good functional TV series.

Ga-rei Zero was a prequel, the name made perfect sense. Fate/Zero wasn't titled by Aoki. You can bash him for Aldnoah, but attacking his naming sense when most of his work are adaptations is a bit stupid.

Also, at the end of the day we don't know how the production really went, animation is a team work as such it can be hard to pin point personal responsibilities. ESPECIALLY when it's a studio like A-1 Picture wich has pretty much no in-house staff aside for a few guys.
It does seems like Urobuchi didn't play a big role in it, but we will never get the details about Takayama and Aoki, who did also make good works (Ga-Rei Zero, Fate/Zero, KnK).

Aldnoah may have been a collective disaster, or Aoki's/Takayama/anyone big blunder. However blaming anyone without proof is just dishonest.

Same for Aniplex, Sup Forums love having a boogeyman, but the truth is that Aniplex also participated in very good productions. Even though I do agree that just smashing famous names together for brand recognition is fucking retarded.

>I have a pretty sizeable backlog,
So did you support industry? You know, titles like Aoi Bungaku sells like shit and anime is niche. Or you just pirating scum who lives in elfland where drawing anime is easy and artists works for free?

Hiroe is not a good writer either

GO BACK TO WRITING BLACK LAGOON YOU FUCKING LAZY FAGGOT

He's a fun writer who does good character design.

>Most anime isn't fun to me nowadays
Didn't even need to read your other 3 paragraphs to know you're just burnt out. No one likes hearing their burnt out and you'll definitely ignore but that's all it is. And when you do burn out most people just try to cram in even more of what they're all burned out by. My friend does that with MMOs and has been for the last 2 years. He is currently idling in 2, doing dailies in 1 and trying to play his DS at the same time.

>He's a fun writer
He's just shit
>good character designs
Kek

>>>MAL
Oh wait, no body takes you seriously too.

lel

Didn't you read that he's a faggot that decides what to watch according to people's opinion?

>Kek

>lel

>textwalls from the aniplex guy
At this point I wonder if he's a viral marketer.

>Aldnoah had good visuals and directing as well as some good fights

FUCK NO

>only 2 all in 2016
Consider trying to things for yourself instead of waiting the opinions of other peoples. Are you spineless?

Since when is Hiroe a good writer? He's also only doing character designs

No he's largely at fault. It's exceedingly poorly directed which only makes the scripts plod even harder.

>Aldnoah had good visuals and directing as well as some good fights.

The vast majority disagree. The show had unprecedented popularity and a lot of praise for the "science" battles.
Fact is Aoki and Rei Hiroe are going to get a shitton of attention and a shitton of marketing for this. Looks like it will be the edgy cool action mainstream loves.

Gotta back your claims with some arguments or you'll just look stupid.
Oops, too late.

>not posting the better version

>The vast majority disagree.
Just how the vast majority stopped watching

>I at least wait till it's over to hear if it ended up being a disaster
So you're just a bandwagoner. Let me guess, you didn't even buy BDs for the anime that passed this watcability test, which is based on other people's opinions anyway. And you will continue to be a poser on Sup Forums.

No shit, no one liked the second season's soap opera drama over action approach.

>The vast majority disagree.
I'm pretty sure the vast majority don't even want to acknowledge this show's existence
>The show had unprecedented popularity and a lot of praise for the "science" battles.
Two of its biggest criticsms
>Fact is Aoki and Rei Hiroe are going to get a shitton of attention and a shitton of marketing for this
Aoki isn't a high profile director given that his last show flopped hard and nobody cares about Black Lagoon since Hiroe rarely updates. In fact the news of BL returning got more buzz than this piece of shit.
Here's another (you)

>no one liked the second season's soap opera drama over action approach.
No one liked the first season eithersince the freefall started in the first season

Incorrect, he's good at schlocky action and edge.

Yeah I mean look how well-received Roberta's Blood Trail was

>Rei Hiroe

Finish Black Lagoon first you lazy fuck. I know it's supposed to be coming back next year, but he better not do three chapters and then fuck off for another five years.

The "vast majority" is just you and whoever you cried about the show with, because casuals and mainstream anime fans were a buzz with talk of this show when it aired. It was surprisingly popular. And if you think that was one of the biggest criticisms, you haven't seen much discussion of the show among it's largest groups of viewers. The most common complaint was "why is Slaine such a faggot?"

>Aoki isn't a high profile director
If someone didn't watch/like A/Z they would have known about F/Z, which was super popular in both the west and east. As long as they put that up in the teaser AND Black Lagoon, mainstream will get hype. And stop with the shitty crossboarder images. You're making it too obvious.

What's your point? That there was a kinda shitty arc? Yeah, never happens to good manga.

The first season sold way more and was received far better. The second flopped and was hated unanimously.

>, because casuals and mainstream anime fans were a buzz with talk of this show when it aired.
And they don't remember shit about it now much which shows how much "impact" it had on them also they pretty much forgot about the show during the hiatus given the much less fanfare it received when the second season started airing.
> It was surprisingly popular.
Not at all
>And if you think that was one of the biggest criticisms, you haven't seen much discussion of the show among it's largest groups of viewers. The most common complaint was "why is Slaine such a faggot?"
Wrong on both accounts. Fuck I don't even think casual viewers gave one bit of a shit to how battles were even won they just liked seeing two robots fighting it was only seasoned viewers who gave a shit about how it was won and the majority of them though the battles were horseshit.
>If someone didn't watch/like A/Z they would have known about F/Z, which was super popular in both the west and east.
Except F/Z's siccess and popularity had SHIT to do with Aoki it was all about Urobuchi. He's the only reason anyone gave A/Z the time of day and Aniplex knew this shit hence why he was pushed in the adverts despite only writing three fucking episodes it also had music done by Sawano. No one gives two fucking shit about Aoki and once again his last show fucking bombed which goes to show how much people got into A/Z because of him.

>As long as they put that up in the teaser AND Black Lagoon, mainstream will get hype
Nope. And you'll forever be wrong

>And stop with the shitty crossboarder images. You're making it too obvious.
And you're trying to hard to fit in but you won't go anyway if all you can do is complain about what reaction images people use.

>What's your point?
He's not a good writer and never was also why are you hyping his involvement when he's just a character designer not a writer?
>The first season sold way more
It also dropped way more
> and was received far better
Kek

>If someone didn't watch/like A/Z they would have known about F/Z, which was super popular in both the west and east.
And? F/Z was a success due to Urobuchi's name not Aoki

>why are you hyping his involvement when he's just a character designer not a writer
I'm not, I'm just saying Hiroe does good action schlock and edge.

More like the first couple of discs sold okay with event tickets and fujobait extras and everything after barely charted. Remember this was supposed to be the next Gundam or even bigger according to A-1's president at the time and have a model kit line and just be the biggest smash hit in decades. At least it seems like they aren't immediately making the same mistake of overhyping the shit out of this new one and setting their goals impossibly high.

Which is obviously the plan and typically Aniplex as fuck. None of that has anything to do with whether the show is good or not and it'll likely go through the same hype backlash all their other originals have gone through in the past 5 years but it'll get the hype going to start all the same for what it's worth to people

So basically everything Aniplex is typically looking for to run a hypebeast show for a season

You obviously can't read because I said if somebody I trust recommends a show I'll consider watching it if it was already on my radar as a potential watch. I'm no longer going to sit through a whole show from an industry that producers 95% trash just to see if it magically turns out okay in the end when odds are it won't.

See not being an anti-social waste of life there are the occasional rational minded people whose opinions I will consider and find nothing wrong with that. I'm not going to just listen to any retard on the internet and no I do tend to make my own decisions and have the final say. You're desperately trying to paint someone as the opposite of what they are but considering you seem like part of the Sup Forums shitpost hivemind why should I be surprised at that. Now fuck right off kindly.

Fuck yourself Aoki.

>and said don't blame me blame Aoi and Takayama and likewise if something goes bad with the writing in Psycho Pass S2 blame Ubukata.

He was joking. Ubukata is his favorite writer for god's sake, he was thrilled to have him write P-P 2.

Get a spine and some tastes.

Still waiting on those arguments m8