What's the worst plot device in anime and manga? For me it's japanese trucks

What's the worst plot device in anime and manga? For me it's japanese trucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Memory loss.

Parental abandonment

tripping

Characters that explain their powers so their opponents can find a weakness

A boy falls in love with a girl...
A boy walks into a girl changing clothes...
A boy wants to be a cool hero and trains...
A boy wants a normal life until something he doesn't about comes to him about an agreement he had no part in...

I was transported to another world, yet everyone speaks Japanese.

Haircuts to show character development.

1. Timeskips
2. Trucks
3. "Oh my god this bitch is so annoying. What? She's potentially disappearing from my life forever? Well, I guess my life is more interesting with her."

Asspulls

This isn't even just an anime trope, but it's the laziest way of showing an audience a dramatic change in character there is.

Heavy handed cliche symbolism instead of just showing a character's growth through how they now carry themselves or make decisions is just the worst shit ever.

>deus ex machina

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

Every author who does this is an uncreative hack.

Being castrated by your older sister as a child so you end up being cucked later in life is always an annoying plot device

Misunderstandings that last too long. Ironically, I still read HnG.

>3. "Oh my god this bitch is so annoying. What? She's potentially disappearing from my life forever? Well, I guess my life is more interesting with her."
I didn't know how much I hated this until you mentioned it

What the hell is this from?

It's especially bad in romcoms when they use it to return to the status quo.

this. Its always right after a fucking change in status quo would normally occur too but lol nope memory loss reset!
I'm still mad at Ga-Rei

haha loser

can you think of a better cause of accidental death?

Sex, impregnation and becoming a parent.

doing clumsy shit, like falling down a staircase so awkwardly that you shatter your skull?

Having a heart attack or having a brain aneurysm in your sleep.

Or better yet, not requiring accidental death to advance the plot.

Why doesn't he tell those dicks in the classroom fuck off with their shit, and they got something to say fight him?

Why didn't he break up with the girl if he knew she was going to fuck that guy?

Why the fuck didn't he walk away from this shit and get on with his life? Damn.

The girl never dated him, she just found out he has no dick because she tried to make a move when they were studying together and shoved her hand down his pants.

He's not fighting back because he's terrified she'll reveal to everyone why she calls him Useless-kun

Driving a car and just making a mistake, truck drivers are professionals who are extra careful in cities.
Overdosing on alcohol and drugs.
Something falls on you in a construction area.
A nigger mugs you and shoots you.
Being drunk and falling somewhere breaking your neck.

>Something falls on you in a construction area.
something ACME branded

>crushed between your mailbox and idling car after it rolled down the driveway and pinned you in place

He shouldn't take that shit. He should've told her, if she runs his social life he's going to beat her down.

Eye for an eye.

death by wind blow
gundam zz

>Girl confesses
>Guy is happy but not sure how to respond
>Next day the girl says it was a joke or some shit
>back to the status quo

Any author who does this should be gassed

>A boy falls in love with a girl...

Maybe he just talked to the AU version of the girl.

He literally has no balls user. You're asking for too much.

>Series starts with boy walking in on a girl naked
>she slaps him

Makes me drop anything instantly

What's the name?

The question is why doesnt that make the series author drop the idea in his head? Do they have zero self critique skills?

Name? I enjoy my anger festering infinitely

Source? Google is not giving me anything.

Amnesia

Every time it is used I just feel it is cheap writing to make things simple since the character can just conveniently remember whenever the writer wants.

childbirth, cancer.

If you have to write an accidental death in order to stir up some drama then your story telling sucks.

if you wanted to include accidental, sudden death then you should have written your story in a time before antibiotics or set it in an unstable country.

That's some turbo cuckery
I hope he finds boyfriend or something

Anorexia - something in japanese goes here

>childbirth
Thats freakishly rare today. Its actually overused meme to get rid of the protags mother.
>cancer
Takes long time to kill, really boring narratively and mostly happens to old people.

Live in 27th floor
Open window because it is summer
Be somnambulist

Based user, thanks.
Anorexia – Shikabane Hanako wa Kyoshokushou

Fucking Araki, this made me lose faith in him. At least he gently subverted it by having the protagonist being forced to learn things instead of actually remembering them.

But tripping isn't used often enough in anime/manga. I'd love to see more people tripping.

>chosen ones
Can writers please stop doing this shit? I don't I've ever seen the trope be used well.

I thought part 8 did the amnesia spin well because he is forced to become a new person rather than piece together a broken psyche. Ironically he IS a new person so it makes sense.

Overhearing conversations, especially if there's no well constructed reason for the eavesdropper to be there. It's starting to bother me in Hibike Euphonium just how often Kumiko is in the right place at the right time seemingly randomly. Several characters talk about how she has some sort of power that makes people open up to her, that would be fine if it weren't the case that maybe 40% of what she knows, she's overheard.

Bonus points if what's overheard gets misconstrued.

And Seo the genius did both things.

Are you talking about Josuke? Because his situation is more about finding out who he is, rather than regaining his memory.

Unless you're talking about Weather Report, but I still think his character was done well.

>MC meets a girl who is a bit strange. Strange girl has to leave because of circumstances. Despite the whole series focusing on the two of them, it takes a disposable character slapping the MC for the MC to realize he actually likes strange girl.

>Date episode with a disposable character who you know will never win.

>MC doesn't remember childhood friend despite spending being a fucking teenager & the events literally probably transpired a handful of years prior.

>Training arc in a monthly manga when the manga has been going on for 50+ chapters. There is nothing better than knowing the main story won't progress for a year, because despite 50+ chapters of build up, I now have to watch the MC power up again. Kill me.

>Overly cute & kind character in a grimdark manga/anime who you know will only be used as plot device. "I wonder how the author plans to brutally murder this character?"

>MC is called the weakest person in the school, but in reality the MC is Japanese Batman.

>MC fights character who has trained for years, is considered very skilled, but because that character is a bit of an ass; MC manages to destroy them in a battle.

>Veteran soldiers being killed/beaten/outsmarted by teenagers.

>literally run into someone
>they appear later at school or whatever place the series is based around
>ehhhhhhhhhhh?!

I DIDN'T KNOW I'M STILL SO MAD AT KAMISAMA NO MEMOCHOU
SHIT
FUCK

Make everyone the chosen one so long as they can get the job done.

This troupe is hardly use.d

>3. "Oh my god this bitch is so annoying. What? She's potentially disappearing from my life forever? Well, I guess my life is more interesting with her."
Yeah, Haruhi is really fucking overrated.

>There is nothing better than knowing the main story won't progress for a year
>tfw this happens without a training arc
Fucking Prison School

Japanese colds

mentor/best friend is plot device that inevitably dies for no reason once the plot ends

Glorious nippon colds. Able to slice through 1000 gajin swine flus.

The amount of times characters die from an unnamed disease. What's the problem with picking a specific health issue of kill them off?

Neglect and uninterest?

slipping on soap in the bathroom

How about no accidental death at all, user?

Did somebody says truck?
Because guess what?
webm related

Wait, wrong webm.

post Nia if you want the for no reason death

Some serious fucking traffic safety flaws these nips have I say you.

gas leaking followed by explosion

What if the truck was transporting hundred of vials of Japanese cold?

The drivers are all too tired from being overworked and not allowed to take sick days otherwise they would lose face and be fired.

Why is One Piece so shit and sexist?

Didn't they handed "instant overwork death" report to the government some years ago?
How did they not made any conclusions out of it?

Wait

Is death by trucking so prevalent in anime/manga as you guys make it out to be?

i can think of two mangas where someone get trucked but none more

Trucking has happened in more manga than you'd think but it really achieved meme status because of its overuse by Seo

What about some sort of manga called... Truck Note.

If you write someone's name in the book then they instantly get hit by a truck no matter where they are.

that would be against the treaty of Versailles user

in the same vein; mishearing/misunderstanding confessions.

What about Araki sensei?

hack

Koichi goes from a fumbling, nervous wreck to a totally reliable badass. His character development is apparent and isn't all in the haircut so I excuse that.

He's kinda shitty. Writes by the the seat of his pants which invariably causes him to write himself into a corner, then requiring a larger asspull just to resolve the situation.

Lolis getting unlolified.

>Parents are overseas/working in another city so we don't have to write any kind of interaction between them and their child
>Now the character don't have to give explanations about why they stayed at the MC's house or something like that

MCs who are too pussy to just say "No".

did he kill his sister?
seems like a good idea

Infective endocarditis

>can get it by brushing your teeth too hard
>20% mortality rate even in developed world

fuck now I'm depressed again

How fucking common is this meant to be in Japan? Adults simply abandoning kids with no one taking care of them. Did one fiction writer just have it as a plot device and then every other hack in Japan copied him and each other?

Japanese culture actually is that pussy, such a strong statement as 'no' is problematic because you are making waves.

>A boy wants to be a cool hero and trains...
There is nothing wrong with that one.

COMA LMAO

We're all gonna make it brah

Literally Steins;Gate 0 and Kagari. What a shitty character.