THE GREAT DEBATE

THE GREAT DEBATE

cancer vs. aids

GT is Edge/10
Super is Japanese/10

Take your pick. They're both equally subpar.

So, GT then.
Because Cancer is significantly better to have then Aids

GT has better execution but a shit premise.

Super has a better premise but shit execution.

GT because despite it's flaws it's presentation is as good as DBZ. It had potential no doubt but it really didn't do justice in the end. It has to be the Japanese soundtrack though the English one is just that bad.

Super isn't all terrible but it completely shits on what was meant to be important elements to DBZ. Goku's character was bastardized even. I love how Vegeta is turning out though. The thing that's going for Super isn't the epic battles (which aren't all that epic) but the relationships between the Z fighters and Co. even if GT did that better Super excels in that in it's own way.

GT and Super are basically exaggerations of oppisite spectrums of the fan base.

GT is the super dingy overought, overexplained overly dark for no reason tone that focuses more on an overarching tone of bleakness.

Super is very bright and colorful but also flandarizes the characters quite a bit.

Basically if you think Cell saga is the peak, GT appeals more to you.

If you think Buu saga was the best, Super appeals more to you.

It's all basic human impatience.

I think most people wanted a 2nd attempt once GT had been going for a while because it just built on Z's increasing intensity that had been growing since the beginning of DragonBall and by the time even the Baby saga was wrapping up it was just way too aggressive and serious all the time.

The problem is Super took it too far in the opposite direction and now everything is just a fucking joke. We have gone from everything having major consequence to nothing having any consequence because Beerus and Whis can just undo or stop anything from happening if it poses a real threat. And don't even get me started on the KoE.

So now you've naturally got the same people that criticized GT saying they want it back, but I don't think that's what people really want if they were to stop and think. I think what people want is a nice medium, because that's what Z was... at least for the most part.

Its "presentation"? The fuck does that mean? The visuals? If so, it must've been a while since you saw GT cos it looks like shit compared to DBZ. There were points in the animation where it just felt like they weren't even trying.

Super because Akira Toriyama had more involvement

Battle of Gods > All of GT

what if I think King Piccolo Saga was the peak?

I like the buu saga more but I like GT over Super :/ especially when the animation in GT is literally as good as Buu's.

What we got were two shows that took opposite parts of the core of DBZ and cranked them up to 11 when we needed was really a return to dragonball. Get Goku out of the spotlight. Focus on the next generation.

This

Both are shit.
First post best post.

I like them both evenly.

I like how GT made Goku a kid again. It was a nice full circle feel to bring things back to how they started. But that show was just way too edgy at times and it felt like Android Saga on Steroids.

Super has both more I like about it but also more I hate about it, so it ends up averaging even with GT for me. I love the new interactions between the characters and feel like this is the strongest Vegeta/Goku pairing we have ever gotten, but I hate how dumb everything is. It's just all pretty lame that there's these hyper powered little kids and dolls running around that could 1HKO kid buu if they needed to.
This feels like Ginyu Saga on steroids.

I like Cell a hell lot more than Buu but Like Super (past the rehash arcs) more than GT... soo....

>DragonBall GT
Goku is stopped in his tracks because of a slow moving fan blade he needs to jump past.

>DragonBall Z
Despite being punched through a mountain earlier and being fine, Goku is incompasitated and taken out of SSBlue form because he got shot by a Lazer gun

They're both dumb and they've clearly run out of ideas in the creative department.

1. DBZ
2. The best of Super
3. Dragonball
4. GT
5. Naruto
6. Pokemon
7. Sonic X
8. The worst of Super

I prefer GT only because Goku didn't constantly play with his opponents like he does in Super

In GT Goku only played with his opponents that he was sure he could defeat
When it came to Baby, Super 17 and the shadow dragons, Goku would try his hardest to fight

Super's Goku plays around too much even when he should be finishing a fight quickly.

When Goku first wanted a match with Beerus he was too stupid to even start at SSJ3 even though Goku has learned throughout his life never underestimate your opponent just because he couldn't sense god ki

When Goku Black first appeared, he should've went SSB and killed him before he could be a bigger threat since Future Trunks already told Goku about Goku Black

Super's Vegeta is amazing though

Dragon Ball ended when Goku and Uub went to train after the tournament. The rest is either fanfiction or cashgrab schemes.

>slowly dying is better than getting sick easier
wat

Goku played with rilldo, and most opponents in the space arc seeing as he never went all out. Goku also played around with Baby a large amount when he got SSJ4, even letting him get bloody hits in so he could brag about how it didn't hurt. Every other villain in GT he didn't play because no one else could stand any chance whatsoever so he had to, see that super 17 scene. To say GT had a non smug Goku is untrue, that said I'm not defending Super Goku's decision making.

Agree, that's why Super happens before that.

>1. DBZ

If you've got Aids, you're poison. Nobody will have sex with you, and there's no cure for aids.

Cancer is treatable, and while it's not "curable", proper detection and action can result in complete remission. Plus, everyone will feel bad for you but it's not contagious.

I think both are shit, but Super has it just because of Beerus and Whis, which makes it just bearable enough.

GT doesn't have that.

I do prefer SSJ4 over SSJB, though.

I meant super, not Z

These threads really sadden me, since I have every intention to watch Super once it ends, but GT was probably some of the worst shit I've ever seen in any media, not just Dragon Ball.

They're both shit but GT had better production values, so it's slightly less bad.

Also, it's funny how Super just keeps stealing bad ideas from DBGT, and making them worse.

clearly let his guard down and depowered..

He could tank stronger attacks when he was a boy, before he had any fine control over ki or transformations.

Between the prominence of Krillin, Roshi, and Tien in Resurrection of F, and the recent reveal with those three along with fucking Android 17 it's becoming Super in a landslide over Goku Time. It's also a choice between Future Trunks and GT's Trunks, combined with the fact that Super had an adult Goku.

>edge
>gt is super dark

GT turned Goku into a kid and tried to roll things back to the Pilaf Saga with a comedically centered first arc. Super had the darkest thing in Dragon Ball yet with the destruction of Future Trunks's entire world.

tanking an attack is being prepared for an attack. He wasn't and was relaxed

>Being prepared for a sniper shot to the face
>Being prepared for a rocket exploding when he literally didn't know what it was and looked at it curiously instead of dodging

What a terrible justification.

Super by a long shot.
God ki and other universes are cool concepts.

With freeza we basically just ended the debate of the strongest of the universe, so a series in which goku goes around the universe is pointless.

Also, baby and super 17 were lame clones of already done concepts.

The only concept that i liked was the dragons. But it was ruined by a lame story and goku basically fighting them all by himself instead of giving the Z fighters some spotlight.

Also i hated kid goku, fag trunks and that annoying brat pan. And the shaded animation just makes me puke, i dont know why it feels so old. Heck even DBZ looks more new than GT.

they're both terrible but gt is very slightly less bad because they went to a new story right away and the show was completely honest about being goku time

That doesn't contradict anything though. He isn't a human, so that's why he could take bullets with minor pain when he was a child before learning ki control. But if he want to tank strong stuff he needs ki and ki control. So, when he was relaxed it went through him.

GT is unironically better than Z

*raise paw*

GT is better than Super.

gt > super

This, there's no better here.

I feel like I'm the only one who liked SS4
Sure fuchsia wasn't the best color but it was still pretty cool. And Gogeta got rid of that problem too

>GT
>Maybe weak story, but it seems a bit more natural in progression
>The Dragon Balls plage a huge part in the story and are central to the plot
>Road trip, it's pretty chill
>Animation quality is pretty good
>The SS4 transformation scene is great
>The music is even better
>Near the end, they throw Super 17 out of fucking nowhere, not a fan of this
>The dragons could be better
>Gogeta SS4 is hyped up to that point, reaching great powerlevel but not "dimension destruction" stupid levels

>SUPER
>Retelling of two movies with somehow shittier pacing and animation, fucking why?
>Animation quality is pretty mediocre, same goes for color and art direction
>Filler up the ass
>The stories are convoluted and seem way too forced into the plot
>Trunks killing Zamasu with an assupll
>He's not dead lol, so the ONLY way to defeat him is to do something we could've done from the beggining because Goku fucked up and forgot the mafuba seal, thanks to this, the whole universe was destroyed
>Lel, everything is fine now, but you will be living with another Trunks, Trunks. (This could be good for SEX, though).
>Goku acts like an idiot, I know this has been t always like this, but he crosses the line in Super
>Only Goku and Vegeta do shit (Other than future Trunks) and it's already been for more episdes than GT
>Music is just from OK to mediocre, remember when an episode ended in a tragic thing only to be followed by SHUN SHUN SHUN SHUN
>Despite SSB being OP as shit, it doesn't feel like it, SUDDENLY theres niggas as strong as him, whereas in GT it was the other way around, he HAD to do some shit to become SS4 in order to defeat Baby, which was basically a stronger version of Cell in a way, Baby wasn't born OP or became that way because of an asspull

In the end, I'm enjoying Super so far, but not that much, if the animation, color and music was at least a step higher, then I would probably like it more despite it's shit pacing and story arcs.

Fpbp.

I think both are pretty shit - animewise. Even though the Goku vs Hit and Zamasu arc was pretty good. I'm prefer Super's manga over both.

Then go fuck yourself :)