Hey anons; I'm supposed to be writing a 15 page essay on the Greek Financial Crisis...

Hey anons; I'm supposed to be writing a 15 page essay on the Greek Financial Crisis. I'm suppose to present a four page written draft tomorrow morning.

After reading countless articles I still don't fully grasp the situation, and I have to explain and present solutions.

Any greekfags or eurofags willing to help an American out? :)

By the way this isn't a social science or history course; it's a fucking english course.

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/news/2010/10/greeks-bearing-bonds-201010
unvis.it/vanityfair.com/news/2010/10/greeks-bearing-bonds-201010
spiegel.de/international/europe/the-ticking-euro-bomb-how-the-euro-zone-ignored-its-own-rules-a-790333.html
forbes.com/sites/lealane/2017/06/05/despite-economic-problems-greece-tourism-looking-good-in-2017-using-new-strategies/#754ba100541f
unvis.it/forbes.com/sites/lealane/2017/06/05/despite-economic-problems-greece-tourism-looking-good-in-2017-using-new-strategies/#754ba100541f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're literally asking you to try to solve the greek financial crisis for an english essay?

Look in to Webster Tarpley's analysis and Max Keiser's analysis for broader framework of the geopolitical implications and financial shenanigans.

Essentially. I had the option between the Refugee Crisis and Greek Financial Crisis for an argumentative; and I've written a paper on the refugee crisis before. I should have chosen that one again, but yeah here I am.

In any case, you should look up whatever the Golden Dawn's platform is, and present that as your solutions. That ought to activate some almonds

Oh and if the Sup Forums archives go back far enough you could look at our threads circa the election of Tsipras. There was a lot of good discussion about the situation. Of course that's a lot of reading noise to glean some discussion over solutions.

you fucking idiot

Just read some articles that explains the Union's way to solve the problem. With their propaganda machine you should be able to find plenty. And your teacher is probably a remainer too so + points.

1. people borrow more money than their GDP can return with intereset (also mass tax evasion because fuck the EU, they're never getting their money back)
2. that's it

Here's a page or two, and I only know this because I helped design them - look into the contract they made with an Italian company called G-Tech. They essentially needed new revenue streams so they hired us to build them a SHITLOAD of slot machines, with variable payout rates because they wanted to kike their own degenerate gambler population.

Should fill a page or two

This. Good luck OP. After you find out what went wrong, post it here.

Good shit anons. I'm looking into Keiser's analysis now. I'm going to look into the EU's solutions.

Teacher is a feminazi SJW, so my essay was literal shit because she'd dock me for anything that seemed moderately /insensitive/

start here vanityfair.com/news/2010/10/greeks-bearing-bonds-201010

>feminazi SJW

Make a introduction with the social consequences, say people are starving in the schools because of capitalism and troika and shit, should fill a page or two

unvis.it/vanityfair.com/news/2010/10/greeks-bearing-bonds-201010

Kill yourself. Do so from the money we "people" borrowed, burry yourself under them. Like a good fucking kike.

thanks norge

Oh and pro-tip to all you greek anons - don't play the slot machines owned by OPAP.

Typical slot machines give out 90-92% of what is paid into them, but the ones we sent to Greece did not follow the same algorithm. Like, not even close. 70% maybe, and even then I'm being generous

Drawing out the fact that greeks are lazy pieces of shit to 15 pages. Ohh, that's gonna be tough.

kek

The things you learn from Sup Forums sometimes.

takk weegie

>gives greece gorgillions of euros knowing they cant pay it back
>mad.jpg

spiegel.de/international/europe/the-ticking-euro-bomb-how-the-euro-zone-ignored-its-own-rules-a-790333.html

cry me a river faggot
I'm not paying, even hid km2 from my house to pay less Enfia

I've never gambled, literally a waste of money for some minor adrenaline rush

ironically enough that's inaccurate

ignore the trolls give me some insight greek user

To each their own. I'm a massive sports bettor and I had to stop working for G-Tech because of it. I agree that flashy light VLTs are literally angler fish that cater to the most basic of faggots, but I make sweet income betting on sports.

I have a couple of graphs all over the place
dunno if this helps

Someone's still mad they got btfo WW2. Have fun with mud fucks rapig your women. By a compass so you know where to turn for east

Yeah, right. 90% of that time you're asleep though.

I prefer cryptos, way more reliable. Made 4k since January

Pay debts.
>just stretch it out

>hours worked is an indicator of productivity
No wonder you retards can't pay dembts

This chart just says who's efficient and who's not.

Yeah so I got that. So here are a few things I've gathered:

Greece defense budget is way too high for no reason
Tax evasion and corruption is plague affecting your GDP
Joining the EU ruined your trade somehow
The government constantly falsified the financial status of Greece for years

Can you elaborate on these? Or contribute some more reasons?

I bet a dime per game, kek
I've blown through 4k on a bad sunday

Never said that, Abdul

you can be more efficient in 2 hours than someone who works for 5 hours so no

Write that they didnt pay debt.
I hope you fail school so you'll have to live of coins that you earn from sucking nigga dick for the rest of your shitty life. Just remember that when black-mamba Tyrone forces himself into your mouth you could have written about the fucking fifth column that's destroying Europe as we know it and you would have gotten a A+, good job, wife and kids which would have been drafted in to the upcoming European Civil War.
I'll bet you swallow as well, faggot.

Holy shit you are retarded

wew check out King Lear

>Greece defense budget is way too high for no reason
>no reason
stopped reading there

damn I did a brief powerpoint on the situation in University in 2011 for my Money and Banking class.
Teacher was a monetarist and believed everything was okie doke.
I bring up the inability of the PIIGS in the long term to be fixed.
I pull up them unemployment numbers
Quote Farage
good times.
Wish I could have wrote it during the Cypress bail in. Man that was the most fucked thing of all time.

>no reason
Turkey is our neighbor, also a great place to dictate trades in the Mediterranean, Europe etc that many would like to have

Corruption is also a huge reason.

Btw did you know that priests are considered state employees? They're paid with taxpayer money. We have more priests than teachers

Thanks dane. Let me write 15 pages about how they didnt pay their debt. I don't think I could stretch that out if I tried.

I think I'm going to add a paragraph about how the refugee crisis further agitates Greece's economy though. Idk

refugees can be solved user,greeks however are a fucking enigma

OP see
Definitely cover the Cyprus bail in if you're at a loss to fill 15 pages. That was nuts.

It doesn't because they don't stay here, they're shipped to Germany, France and Sweden. In 2015 we sent about 700k migrants to those three countries kek

I'm not going to argue about the defense budget, but it does seem kind of pointless.
>EU Member
>NATO member
>not super power
>still afraid

Anyways.

No I didn't know that priests are state employees, but I'll write that down

hmmm so compounding this year over year mexico should be what a type 2 civilization in 5 years or so.

>Germany 1371
>Mexico 2246
spics work 900 hours more per year. wowowow
Anyone have that documentary where a bong goes to Germany to work and is repeatedly told to stop fucking off. bretty large productivity difference.

It's pretty simple imho, we are still going through the latter stages of the industrial revolution, society is changing at too fast a pace for industry and workers to keep up. Traditional methods that have served well for millennia are being phased out by idiot globalist politicians in favour of untested, unworkable utopian ideals and so the normal folks are lost and adrift. The same for most western countries.

I thought it'd be an interesting topic. I really did. Now I want to die.

Looking into the Cypress bail, thank you.
I doubt you have that powerpoint from 6 years ago, but if you do S H A R E

The average American cant even find Greece on a map. I suggest you find a different subject to write about.

What?? No trust me there is a good fuckin reason it's only us and the USA that abide by the NATO's standards on GDP% spent on defence budget.

>EU Member
>NATO member
>not super power
>still afraid

And all these would mean something if our *great allies* in the west hadnt taken every opportunity given to them to turn around and stab is in the back like 3 times in last 100 years alone. And these are the same allies that love to lick Turkish cock every chance they get too.

Too late. I'm stuck with this essay.

You'd be surprised how much useless mythology American kids are taught in elementary and middle school, so more Americans can point out Greece than you think.

They also teach kids about a few Greek battles against the Persians like Salamis, and the Peloponnesian War, and how Athenians essentially created democracy or some shit.

There is a reason actually, one of them being turkish aggression
>Tax evasion
Also mention the fact that taxes are exorbitant. Our sales tax is among the highest everywhere, and businesses are suffocated by a large amount of different taxes and bureaucracy
>joining the eu ruined trade
indeed, that's the case for most eu countries excluding germany. We barely produce anything nowadays and have huge trade deficits, although our governments are to blame for this as well

Greek myths are really good stuff in terms of morality stories. Good pick for bedtime stories.

And you basically need that history to adequately understand Western civilization. Although the way US schools teach it is retarded and boring.

Can you elaborate on the reason why the EU ruins trade for countries other than France UK and Germany?

papadopoulos.. easy on the feta

>After reading countless articles I still don't fully grasp the situation, and I have to explain and present solutions.
Turks occupied them for 400 years and they are not white anymore so they cant into money. The end.

Considering you can't write how shit Greeks are towards their own government and their own people in general which is one of the main causes of the crises, you can also turn it around by writing how Greeks demands ridiculous amount of social benefits and government guaranteed jobs while refusing in general to pay taxes honestly to support said benefits.

And since your teacher a feminazi, tie it to trump supporters to mock them for refusing to pay taxes properly.

Because they unironically think banks are all thats needed for a healthy market and not, you know, a fucking market.

Rothschild Central Bank gives unpayable loans and accruing interest that compounds. They get the government and infrastructure dependent on the pork barrel spending and then when it comes time to pay, your country has accrued so much debt that it can't pay even if every cent was used from their GDP.
Check out Zeitgeist Part 2, Diary of a Economic Hitman.
In Cyprus they gave all their people a "Haircut" which means since the Government can't pay its debt it's up to the people to pay... so if you have money in the bank, it's now taken from your account and levied to pay back the debt of the government... so if you had $1000 in your bank from working and saving a bit guess what... it not your anymore its now being paid to the Bank and there is nothing you can do about it.

The problem is that they redistribute them to the peripherical countries

It's so shallow that most of it is essentially useless.
noted
uhhh what do we need for a healthy market

>greece is corrupt af (almost as much as spain)
>greece gets into the Euro despite not being suitable, just for "aesthetic" reasons (bc greece is birthplace of democracy and europe and blablabla)
>Thanks to Euro being backed by all of EU, Greece now gets much cheaper credit than before
>Corrupt greek government gets more and more credit
>economic crisis happens
>greece has shitload of debt it can't pay back
>???
>bankrupcy!
>???
>Bailout!

>writes Sup Forums-tier essay on rapefugees
>teacher is most certainly some SJW
>user gets an F
you're the idiot, m8. OP did good.

possibly one of the best explanations here thanks franco

>In fact, governments borrowed excessively from foreign lenders, especially the major European banks. They accumulated what economists refer to as external debt. Deutsche Bank bought Greek bonds, Société Générale invested in Spanish bonds and pension funds from the United States and Japan bought European government bonds. The yields were not particularly high, but neither were the risks of default, or so it seemed. However, it was during this period that the monetary relationships were formed that turned Greece into a money bomb that would threaten the entire euro zone years later.

>The Greeks were able to borrow at interest rates that were only slightly higher than those that the German government paid on its bonds. "The euro was a paradise of sorts," says then-Greek Finance Minister Yiannos Papantoniou.

>"What the Germans accomplished at the time is very impressive," says Rogoff. "They recognized a debt problem and the systemic weaknesses, and then they rationally went about eliminating those weaknesses." But instead of developing economic productivity, reforming their social systems and controlling costs, countries like Greece, Portugal and Italy borrowed more and more money, dragging out the maturities as long as possible so as to postpone the necessary decisions into the future.

>Transparency International considers Greece to be the most corrupt country in the EU. Permits and certificates can only be had in return for cash. Not everyone in Greece sees this as a problem. Some see corruption as part of Greek culture, and they also believe that taxes are unnecessary.

Writing about the prior social benefits that the Greek government is doling out and how much each cost before the fallout should net you a lot of pages.

Obviously this will push you or your readers towards the conclusion that a society with a lot of social safety benefits can only work with a society with a culture which are willing to pay for such benefits in taxes.

Your teacher will love that.

It still costs money to register them, run the temp camps they live in until they leave, provide coast guard rescue services, provide police/medical services when they get pissed off about something and burn their fucking camp down, etc. It may not be a huge economic impact but it's definitely not free.

why is there * at turkey?

1250 migrants isn't exactly a lot compared to the 2 millions + that germany got

btw you can say no, you know that right? V4 told them to fuck off and they can't say anything

Turkey's data are from the previous year

Yeah, it might not be much but it's still a couple hundred thousand
oh well I'm willing to stay indebted as long as they fuck off and bomb some other country

Greece is just one of the tanks ECB has tanked his printing press fallout into.

How did this opening sound anons

Contemporary Europe has evolved greatly since the beginning of the 20th century. This evolution has encompassed political and economic hardships on many. The most prevalent economic hardship since the dissolution of the Soviet Union in the 1990s is the Greek Financial crisis.

I wonder what kind of grade you will get for this. When not even the politicians working on that shit have solutions for the problem this should not be graded at all.

Btw, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are being made into next Greece by EU fucks.

sounds alright

To get an A
>suggest that Nazis destroyed Greece in ww2 and the problem persist
>That White Germans put the screws to our good brown Greeks
>The Greeks dindu nuffin
>Tell her Greece was a very prosperous place under ottoman occupation and independence caused a major loss of diversity, and as your teacher well knows diversity is the greatest strength.

Can't you just let Finland annex you? Or would that solve nothing?
also gib further insight, this could be useful for the OP and I'm interested

are you before or after Spain, Portugal, and Italy?

nb4 EU collapse
>mass migration from the EU
>AFD leads german revolution
>europe is locked into an everlasting war
>new middle east

just what israel wanted you goys. If all european nations were like Norway I wouldn't have to write about this essay

Fuck Finland. They are swedecucks.

>are you before or after Spain, Portugal, and Italy?
We are small and agile so I think we will arrive at finish first, even with their headstart into this run.

Contemporary Europe has evolved greatly since the beginning of the 20th century. This evolution has encompassed political and economic hardships on many. Undoubtedly, the most prevalent economic hardship since the dissolution of the Soviet Union in the 1990s is the Greek Depression of 2009. The depression, known simply as The Crisis by the Greeks, is an economic disaster including a magnitude of contributing factors coupled with few solutions.

i want to die

wow rude

oy vey if only I was a good GOY

sounds (reads) alright

The short version is that Greece (and the PIIGS in general) was running a large trade and current account deficit (also noting that the balance of trade is the largest component of the current account). The current account is basically the net income from international dealings and a current account deficit means that you're spending more than you're making. In order to make up the gap, you either have to auction off assets to pay for it or you have borrow money. The third option is to let your currency plummet but that isn't an option under the Euro.

Naturally, since the current account deficit was dragging on growth, Greece borrowed a bunch of money so it could be spent in the economy through social programs--effectively goosing GDP with debt spending. The Greek Financial Crisis started once creditors stopped extending credit to Greece so it could no longer continue the charade.

It's basically the same story with all the other PIIGS. Current account deficits are inherently destabilizing, as Keynes pointed out while constructing Bretton Woods. Deficit nations have to borrow money and/or sell their assets to pay for the surplus nation's surplus. Eventually the deficit nation will run out of creditors or assets to sell.

holy shit that would literally be golden news to a journalist. shame i dont associate with this kind of scum i could make a buck

Rothschilds came knocking

Useful reply, something I can understand.

Their debt is litterally 180% of the GDP, they're crippled forever.

Amerifag here who talked to a rich Greek fag who lives in Greece.

Corruption is absolutely rampant. And I think I agreed here with Greek fag in that taxes are morbidly high.

The problem in Greece is and it's why college is a waste of time op is that there is no underlying statistic about the actual unemployment in Greece and around the world.

My friends family in Greece work for the government and their is a relatively large govt budget based on high taxes meaning the only money in Greece flows through the government. 20% of jobs over their are govt and they are the only ones that make any money. The head of households who work for the govt offer their house for like up 20 family members.

It's kinda crazy. It's because corruption is so rampant only a select few companies get ALL of the government contracts. And 90% of the countries money is tied into the govt.

Greece has very little free market capitalism because of the corruption so they don't generate any money from trade. The only outside money they bring in is from tourism and now that they are (we're) in crisis no one visited and so the only source of new money entering the system was cut down.

The EU is the only reason Greece is still going. They are just leaching off of the handouts because they have virtually no economy

Sorry, but Finns need to be told this.

You should look into socialism, "white elephant" and ways to prop up your shitty economy by printing money and giving that to others as a loan to buy your goods (looking at you, Getrmany).

Why don't they make money from trade? Is it the lack of production? Or is it because the taxes are so high?

As long as we're in the EU yeah it will be bad no matter how much we recover. Thankfully we will gtfo in the next decade - or the EU will collapse. Probably both.

>no one visited
inaccurate
forbes.com/sites/lealane/2017/06/05/despite-economic-problems-greece-tourism-looking-good-in-2017-using-new-strategies/#754ba100541f

btw the only reason we are still going are the Chinese
germany gives us nothing compared to what they've invested (on and off the table)

Here's the archive unvis.it/forbes.com/sites/lealane/2017/06/05/despite-economic-problems-greece-tourism-looking-good-in-2017-using-new-strategies/#754ba100541f

>what they've invested
You should look up "white elephant".