What made the 1990s so great?

While a majority of persons agree that the 1990s stand out politically, economically and socially as the best decade of the past hundred years there are still a few skeptics. Why is that? What was it like living in the 1990s? What went so wrong after the 1990s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o1PkQsOdfdc
youtube.com/watch?v=SoA8HYaB408
youtube.com/watch?v=mKG3n19GdJI
youtube.com/watch?v=B3kFPBtc9BE
youtube.com/watch?v=X8UR2TFUp8w
youtube.com/watch?v=lCGCG_N2b30
youtube.com/watch?v=0AvuweztG4Q
youtu.be/qgrjBmzWtG8
youtube.com/watch?v=GlN3oEjMpUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=15eu7ar5EKM
youtube.com/watch?v=H9tEvfIsDyo
youtube.com/watch?v=WyF8RHM1OCg
youtube.com/watch?v=qiVC89V4RpM
youtube.com/watch?v=FToyVkqPW7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=rIRWEFxdNmU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i just remember blacks being more aggressive towards whites

People were young and now feel nostalgic.
Also, there were no social media or smartphones. No 4G LTE mind kontrol, etc.

>best decade of the past hundred years

Doesn't have shit on the time period between 1871-1914

The 90's were a period of back room maneuvering, silent coups and the violent setting of precedents. By comparison, alternative media was pretty much non existent back then. The mainstream outlets had a total monopoly on information control. There is alot that went on for which we will never know, because it was simply not reported.

Are you kidding me?
>people go out actively looking for entertainment outside of the confines of their home
>a friend will take the time to come to your house to ask you out, not knowing if you're even home
>no constant availability so people had to be more trusting and considerate
>no social media so people didnt find it so easy to cheat and whore around
>cheaper
>a mans value was measured by the sweat of his brow, now if a person works hard he's considered a loser
90's was great.
Social media made people hollow and vapid. Everyone keeps picking the best parts of their life to create a facade because they don't feel significant anymore as just people. Then you trade vanity points in the form of likes and base your entire value on the acceptance of other people. Makes the men weak and the women sluts, especially since social media starts praying on you when you're the most vulnerable - as a child or a teen.

Any trip out of town could run the risk of being lost for hours.

>What made the 1990s so great?
My rat tail and puffy pants

1870s was marred with economic depression though.

That's called going on an adventure.
The outdoors isn't that scary.
Might be for you since your country was nigger haven in the 90s as well, but hey.
You sound like the guy who needs auto pathfinding in video games.

We were unaware, that's all. Redpill came with the new millennia.

>what made the 90's great
The invention of E and bud, and they parties I was too young for.

I only remember misery.

America be scary yo

More of a way-point person myself.

Boo hoo. If not for Wilhelm II and Tsar Nicholas' retardation we could've had an entire century's worth of Belle Epoque instead of the fucking nightmare that the 20th century was for an awful lot of people.

Do you feel more miserable now with the cuckery around you Sven?

The 90s mostly fell between the collapse of the Soviet Union and 9/11. It was a period of peace. The 90s were also a period of great technological and economic progress, marking the breakthrough of the Information Revolution. So it was definitely a great time, although I think nostalgia is also a contributing factor to why it's often thought of as great.

It was all of the benefits of basking in the afterglow of a world defining conflict (Cold War) without having to rebuild anything.

Economically, it was the beginning of the end, but the bread was warm and the circuses had a whole bunch of new exhibitions, like vidya and heroin.

>Nostalgia is an human thing
>in 2027 people will say the 00' were gut brah

I'm blue collar, so my answer is; we had jobs. I could quit my job on Monday and be working somewhere else (at the same pay rate) by Wednesday.
There was work everywhere.

Everywhere.

The Jews were not going all out in their insertion with trying to exterminate Europeans

It was fun when we were getting bombed and under sanctions, everyone was really nice to each other.

Millennials.

the 80s to the early 2000s were the song of the swan but also the last warning of western civilization
everyone was happily diving into degeneracy with that period's songs/movies and into mass consumerism without even noticing it

I give the 90s credit for gaming and anime having taken off, but I prefer the music, movies, aesthetic, and zeitgeist of the 80s more.

youtube.com/watch?v=o1PkQsOdfdc
youtube.com/watch?v=SoA8HYaB408
youtube.com/watch?v=mKG3n19GdJI
youtube.com/watch?v=B3kFPBtc9BE
youtube.com/watch?v=X8UR2TFUp8w
youtube.com/watch?v=lCGCG_N2b30
youtube.com/watch?v=0AvuweztG4Q

Since I'm a guitarist and someone very passionate about music, the 80s is my decade

This.
Kids love it because the parents brought home bread.
Parents loved it because they could get more than fair amounts of bread for work.
Singles and entrepreneurs loved it because they made MAD fucking bank (if they were not stupid fucking assholes rolling up their credit because "thingz wuz gud").

90s were lit senpai. Shit even the blacks were making some decent sounds.
Freedom was on fire.

Then they had to reel in that fucking bait. Can't let these slaves think they too free n' shiieeeet.

To me it was different counter cultures were fun and everything seemed alot less serious

>Millennials
>Combat

Lol a lot of retards are running around these days that still think it's the 90's. Just go talk to an SJW.

NAFTA and globalization were temporarily boosting the US economy. Now they are pulling us down.

Niggers were in africa and faggots with bruises

The 1990s were SHIT. Pure delusion of underage tards to believe the century where all of this shit became mainstream - PC, mass immigration, anti-white identity politics - was a good decade.

At best you could say the 1980s were good, but that wouldn't be true either. Because there the foundation of mainstream materialist nihilism was created and the deregulated neo-liberalism truly kicked off.

Truth is: the west SUCKS! And so does this planet. Fuck humanity.

I don't remember that at all

Last good decade 1900-1910 everything after pure EVIL

The memories of innocence made the 1990's amazing. It is nothing more than a facade.

When one is a child one holds no prejudice over the world. The ability of the child to learn is a direct consequence of his fearlessness. Indeed such is the case.

As we grow and go through life we find that our interactions with the world limit our imaginations. We are grown to learn to fear and to be contempt in apathy.

As a whole generation raised in fear we yearn for the emptiness of our childhood. But once again, we go through a transformative process by which we have to grow stronger than the generations before us. You see we have to grow strong again and we shall find only rest once we overcome the fear that presides in our minds.

Aristotle said that every person is capable of understanding this world, each with his own faculties. Our job the hardest of all is to transition from children to men without guidance but those whose feel displaced as us. And bear no illusion for the displaced are not defined by the qualities perpetuated by those who rule.

Fear and panic spreads like wildfire. It is the poison which infects the mind and as the mind frees itself from its pain and misery the child becomes the man fearless once more to roam the world. Life stops once we stop running. We run chasing death for death chases us. The 1990's are just around the corner for we only have to open our eyes and claim them.

I'm with you. I usually hate it when old people wax nostalgic about the old days and talk shit on young people, but this time I think it's accurate. I was born in the early '80s and I spent almost every day running around exploring the neighborhood and nature. My parents never worried that I was going to get kidnapped, raped, or anything else. The internet has made parents incredibly fearful of ever leaving their kids alone and has stunted the development of children. On an unrelated note, my town was 99% white.

>implying everyone who lived through the 1990s was a child
This may come as a shock kiddo but adults did exist in the 90s. Not all who lived through the decade were shitting yellow and playing Mario Kart. Some of us were adults and did stuff like worked for a living. See

Excuse my ignorance then, but is it not the case that as work subsides in one place it resurfaces in another? Shouldn't one simply find a place where work exists even if one was to feel homesick?

>two posts by this ID
>both reek of Gen Z retardation
I am bored so I'll bite. In your example do you mean like all the niggers and sand niggers moving to Britain and taking jobs and lowering wages? Good thing native born Brits looking for a better jobs and wages can move to... oh wait

Immigration in Britain is not only of the character you seem to be describing of.

But in all honesty i miss home and now that i think about it i prefer the sea and the life of a poor man, to the decadence of London, for i am a slave here.

back in the 70’s whenever my mom and her friends saw a mexican on the street they would yell “DEPORTATION!” so i guess maybe liberalism started growing in the 80’s

Grunge music

youre underaged arent you
or at least a really, really shitty millenial
>>>/steam/

teenage girls on my teenage dick

Cars weren't gay and people weren't robots.
I own a '95 Fiat Coupe and it's the only thing that makes me happy.
No worthless technology, no media, no garbage to get in my way.
There's no soul in anything anymore. Even our shitty third world country is being overtaken by this technological dread.

It was the era befofe this modern faggotry.

As a kid you could wander around outside for hours. fags were openly mocked. Video games still held a sense of wonder. The internet was shit and nobody used it. Music was great. Niggers and fags werent constantly being pushed down your throat. The illegals werent so ballsy and at least tried to hide. Action cartoons were great, and it was one of the best decades for movies.

>While a majority of persons agree that the 1990s stand out

Disco sucked.

When I was 17 I would drive south to the next state and just cruise back roads, gravel roads, whatever. Just drive for hours by myself listening to music. I'd stop by the side of the road to piss and look up at the stars with zero light pollution. No snacks or drinks necessary since I wasn't addicted to carbs or sugar. Skipping a couple meals was just a little uncomfortable. The 90's were pretty good to me.

youtu.be/qgrjBmzWtG8

everyone was a geek/dweeb in the 90's i love it.

Obviously. Who puts a heart in their sentence?

This. It probably seemed more cohesive because the msm still set the narrative and you werent aware of all the hateful fucks out there because no social media.

I'm a Millennial, and pretty much any guitarist you can find will point to the 70s and 80s as the golden age of music. But please, don't let me get in the way of enjoying your niggety-nigger nig 90s shit hop, wrist-slitting angsty (((grunge))), and autistic industrial music.

>the 80s was the golden age of music
youtube.com/watch?v=GlN3oEjMpUQ

That time period was shit world-wide. The illusion of colonial imperialism was coming to a close and economic depression was rampant. This was also the maturing phase of the industrial revolution and birthed Marxist ideology.

Technology was at the most advanced point it could be without becoming intrusive and terrible

The observer's world was big enough to appreciate but not so big that it became overwhelming and depressing

People still talked to each other on the train because honestly there wasn't anything else to do

Oh please, do I have to find you some cringey Spice Girls/Vanilla Ice/Backstreet Boys schmaltz?

The 80s were the golden age of modern music, period. It got excessive, ridiculous, maniacal, but when you sift through all of that, you find real magic.
youtube.com/watch?v=15eu7ar5EKM
youtube.com/watch?v=H9tEvfIsDyo

You tellin me you don't even like Prince bro?

Freedom.

Were you born before 1982?

It's hard to explain, you would have had to have been there to truly understand.

Quite the opposite. I was agreeing with you. Are you telling me you don't like Glam Rock? Come on bro. You know damn well Hair Metal was 90% of what made the 80s music scene righteous.
youtube.com/watch?v=WyF8RHM1OCg

90s were shit. Bland and sterile. 80s had way better everything, if you were a degenerate you were enjoying life on overload. If you were a moral person, the institutions of old were still going strong. Funny how that worked out.

Cultural marxists had already taken over the corporate-psychiatric complex throughout the 80s but the stifling HR bullshit hadn't filtered down to the common worker yet. 90s was when political correctness started to suffocate everything, and diversity quotas started showing up in my formerly 95% white town.

It was just the feeling of being in an optimistic civilization. All the little things were influenced from that.

i imagine the 90s were so great is that we were making leaps and bounds into technology and everyone was too preoccupied with their amazement in everything new that was happening to really voice their shitty opinions

we were just happy with what we had and everything that would follow
we went from nokia to flip phones to blackberries to iphones and androids in a span of what a few years ?
it was amazing it was like what would come next

now we dont care because its the same shit over and over with just a new coat of paint

Ah, you could have done a little more to show you weren't being sarcastic, senpai. It's hard to tell, especially on Sup Forums of all placed. As for hair metal/glam rock, if you saw I did cite Lay it Down by Ratt. Motley Crue is my hair metal band of choice though. Unlike some of the poppier acts, the Crue did earn the title of being "metal." They were much harder than their contemporaries, and more indifferent about scoring radio hits.
youtube.com/watch?v=qiVC89V4RpM

I saw them live with Velvet Revolver and Alice in Chains (one of the few grunge outfits I like on account of strong metal influence) back in high school. They put on a great show.

What really makes the 80s for me is the synthpop and the thrash metal at the end of the day though. I would take Megadeth over every other metal act in the decade put together. He was kicked out of Metallica for a reason: to create a rivalry and anger with which he used to fuel the creation of a superior act.

Mustaine is to heavy metal guitarwork what Jimmy Page is to classic hard rock scene.

Even there you can see the padded playpen in action. Read kids books from the 90s and read kids books from the 50s or earlier and the reasons for our cultural decline become clearer.

>Implying the best decade wasn't the 30s
Fuck off.

meant to cite this one for Mustaine:
youtube.com/watch?v=rIRWEFxdNmU

>>Born in the 80's, grew up in the 90's
The 90's were not great, in fact they sucked.

The 80's was great. I wish I could have enjoyed it as an adult.

Oi cunt, not every country is Germany.

Before widespread plastic surgery ruining womens' bodies

Late boomer American is probably the comfiest generation to be a part of. Post cultural revolution but before institutional death, you got to enjoy individualism on rails so to speak. You enjoyed both your parents' structure and your children's freedom. Lucky cunts.

it was at a public school, what do you expect?

the 90's weren't as good as the 80's Political correctness was well rooted, "free trade" and multiculti broke loose.

the 90's squandered the wealth of the 80's on bullshit like this. Small businesses needed to spend 20-30k on bullshit midget toilets and ramps for people who'll never need your services. Then 10k on the racketeers who would certify it.

But I knew many folks who graduated and bought homes and got mortgages straight out of HS. I wasn't served by old people at fast food places, it was mostly highschoolers and college kids.

The internet was a new frontier and a wild west in its own right, Cops was airing, mother fucking pokemon, watching some of the best sports moments, iconic sitcoms, Supersoakers plus Slip ‘n’ Slide, beating the shit out of other kids with Sock'em Boppers, the list goes on.

Everything was great except for the fashion. Lord have mercy it was bad, even I had a fucking mullet

>9/11 happens
>couple years of a patriotic fervor
>bush goes full retard
>country becomes divided
>every day is now 2 sides screeching autistically at each other.

90's were not that great...the situation was simply a little better than now. But it's like comparing a bones cancer with a lungs one. Still a fucking cancer

The world is going downhill since 1945

Nostalgia, you fucking retard. We were just as nigger-filled and Jew controlled back then. It was no better than now.

>The internet was a new frontier
It was an amazing time to be online

why is that kids foreskin so large

NO
I
G
G
E
R
S

It was like a drug

People felt good and shit but the truth is that the decadence and chaos of today was already there, growing slowly with people simply ignoring it

Truly redpilled comment tbqhwy

Anything year before 2008 was at least tolerable desu

>Fuck humanity
>Truly redpilled
choose one

I feel you, Hungary bro.

>you will never live in the late 19th/early 20th century
>ww1 will always ruin everything

why god why

We had a president 1988-1992 that didn't fuck up so much, then a very good president who didn't declare war on everyone.

Like 2000-2008 was a slow decline leading into a death spiral, then from 2008-2016 we've come back. But we lost alot of ground 2003-2008.

Things were the worst i've ever seen in my 40 years of life. It was so fucking bad.

Stop it. It hurts. ;_:

No PC culture.
That's literally it

What the fuck were people thinking with those pants?

Why does this guy have so many wigs?

Liberals were in charge.

Those are beards on Santa heads.

That fashion is from the 80s and only carries over into the early 90s as it was phased out...as it should be.

all i remember is pokemon

Remember when whatshisface shot himself? That was awesome.

Nah. Liberals in charge didn't have that much to do with it. Liberals were in charge during Obama years. Those years were worse then the Bush 2.0 years. Even Bush 1.0 years was better then Obama years.

>Those years were worse than the Bush 2.0 years
You have to be 18+ years to post here user.

9/11 fucking changed the political platform making it more important and made people realize to look at the bigger picture

Just my conspiracy