en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels
twitter.com/AnonBabble

jesus christ

>buying printed webmanga
ftfy

>buying digital manga

>buying

>manga

All the good manga get anime, if it's not animated, that's usually a good sign it's shit.

Reminds me of this. The extra long leg is to compensate for the folds.

I thought the over the top spreads and pseudo animations were scrapped and redrawn for the tanks?

quite the opposite, not being adaptable means its utilizes the medium to its full potential

I don't know why manga artists keep making two pages splash images when they clearly won't look good in the printed format.

Just the animation-esque ones.

I like the feel of the book in my hand.

I like the feel of your dick in my hand.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you with your cock in my mouth.

Uh, what? Manga and anime are both just drawings. Anime can do literally anything a manga can do, only better because there is movement and sound.

It's like saying that gifs are better than webms and that gifs which have no wemb counterpart are better for some reason.

If it's properly printed the file will have an appropriate sized gutter. I don't think any professional printer would ask for something that stupid.
You can make it look perfect if you do it properly

Jesus... it's like looking into a torn, ripped up asshole. Except the only thing being raped are your eyes, conscious spending habits and your wallet.

That's your own opinion. Anime can't capture articulate aesthics that only manga can do. There's a tradeoff in art quality in a still over a movement.

still i feel like anime completely bastardizes pretty much all aspects of the source material

>anime can do literally anything a manga can do, only better

Maybe if you had unlimited funds and manpower. And even then, some things cannot be translated from manga to anime when it comes to art.

You forgot your guaranteedreplies.jpg

What potential? Manga is nothing but anime stills is done that way so a conversion is easier too

Flip through Vagabond and you'll understand why some manga don't get any sort of anime adaptations.

>some things cannot be translated from manga to anime when it comes to art.

Like what

>""""immersive"""" manga

>yfw you realize he's punching so hard that even the pages of the book he's in are being pushed in

thats a realy ugly vagina

Read the thread

I forgot how jojo looked like shit

Where is this from!?
I gotta find the original

>Buying bad manga

OPM

I did, there is nothing.

I think laws, standards and practices have something to do with that as well as their airing timeslot also.

I like to see you draw better

>cab do
Not a factor when it isn't the case almost all the time. Judge things by how they are, now how they could be in your irrelevant hypothetical scenario - You're usually going through the story with worse art than the manga, you're most likely "reading" it anyway because you don't speak nip and need subs, and after a while of watching anime you'll start recognizing shit by VA instead of by character as intended (I hope you enjoy Takahiro Sakurai because that guy is fucking everywhere)
Unless it's a series where they drastically do make an effort to improve it over the source material (and that does happen with some series) you might as well just read the manga

>Not reading the chapters first online and then purchase the books to support the author
Get out of my Sup Forums now. No fucking wonder the content mangakas produce is shit nowadays.

>thinking localized manga supports the mangaka

I do buy localized manga mostly because I like it physical and its cool shelf candy but seriously.

Well yeah, part 2 was drawn before you were even born.

No, user you are wrong, I can't touch anime and anime doesn't have the paper smell.

Anime can't do panelization and page turns. Even if you had literally unlimited talent working on whatever show you want and time to finish the thing those are things you can't do.

>Anime can't do panelization and page turns.
youtube.com/watch?v=mdi-m3mtqVs

Comic art focuses on stills. You can draw art and create poses that aren't believable or interesting in movement.

>One Punch Man
Kys

>to support the author
Either buy the originals or some merch or just send him some money, he gets next to nothing for localized manga.

>not printing your own manga
>2017

kys

And digital manga can't do that? Geez user; your bias hubris is showing...

For fuck's sake; where's all that money going to? Hookers and coke?

>buying manga in English

The Press.

>Kys
Get the fuck out of here, both of you.

That's autistic as shit

I'm convinced the faggot made this just for the sole purpose of baiting.

Me and others in this thread doesn't even recognize that's one punch man. Hypocrite much?

Do you sell it too?

The company that localizes the manga. Japan disregards western market and sells rights fairly cheap; what's worse they often want one time payment, not percentage, so buying localized manga only means your local publishing company gets more money. Anyway even buying original works is inferior to sending the author some money.

I take it you haven't seen the newest Berserk adaptation

i would love to read manga in this way. it's probably the best way desu

that just means the west gets more localised manga, it's not a bad thing

>being EOP
Anyway, user claimed something about supporting the author, which is wrong.

Dude, what? Are you fucking serious?

It's like all these guys are so completely stupid and ignorant when it comes to law and legal corporate agreement; its no wonder everyone and their fucking dog is getting screwed over up the ass. Jesus fucking Christ... no wonder the industry is in the sweatshop shithole that is in... none of these people are smart; just plain fucking ignorant and it doesn't support the industry either.

Jesus fucking Christ for fucks sake.

>print manga is a pain in the ass to read
>digital manga is eye cancer low res smeared in terrible filters
>scanlators don't fucking share their raws hoping you'll read their guesslations
I didn't learn nihongo for this shit

>this image is hosted at mangafox.com
I refuse to believe it isn't bait.

>the industry is in the sweatshop shithole that is in
They do have money though, they are just regurgitating shit that prints money (and some shit that no longer does, before some people can't adapt to demand changes fast enough).

Japanese right owners do get money from localized manga. The smart ones don't sell the rights for cheap anymore.

It's actually that they still sell much more manga in japan than anywhere else.

There are some retards in this thread that think it's physically impossible to put stills in anime.

Literally the only limiting factor is time+money.

Kubo being one of them. That dude arm wrestles pretty tough to get a good contract deal to help him live comfortably. 50% is actually pretty good, considering how popular bleach was and the sales and promotions were good too while it lasted. He could have done better and gotten more creative post fullbring really. His readers just got older and smarter after a while.

Who has the screencap of this guy?

Spoken like a true pleb.

Highly recommended reading here. Comics are its own unique medium and plenty of manga takes advantage of that fact. Anime is not a "superior version of a manga," but rather its own thing entirely.

"Understanding Comics" is the English title.

and they still want me to pay for that shit.

In Japan manga is considered the better medium, anime is mostly for kids and advertisement

>source: your ass

go to Japan and talk to normal people, watching cartoons as an adult is fucking weird. Manga is okay though.

Fucking hell I noticed that too. I have the first OPM volume in JP and translated. The original one is just perfect for spread pages. The translated? You have to spread that shit so hard it almost fucking rips apart just to see the shit hidden.

Japanese printed manga manages to do it pretty much perfectly.

Here in Mexico a lot of people are printing counterfeit mangas and selling in bookstores and facebook pages

Your forgot the "with the ink of the company you're working for".
Seriously, that guy is a clinical retard.

Read this in a comic class. It taught me the value of "this is not a loli" image.
i.imgur.com/OlaIfZQ.png

Western releases have flat spines and japanese mangas have beautiful curves spines.
No wonder why people hate western releases

Real manga have curves

What's the benefit?

>paperback
into the trash it goes

Uh, japanese ones have flat spines too if you take the dust jacket off.

What does his artistic capabilities have to do with anything you fucking donkey

watch your fucking mouth, punk ass white boi

I would say that's because the print quality of most tankoban is deplorable. It's very cheap feeling with poor paper stock. English manga publishers often have more "deluxe" editions with better binding, printing, paper, etc. One downside is a strong binding that results in OP's problem.

Depends on series and demographic. Kids manga for 400 yen is printed on toilet paper, cute girl doing cute things manga for 800 is printed on great paper with a bunch of color pages

who the fuck even buys 80 volumes of One Piece it costs like 1000 bucks and needs a bookcase of it's own to store it

>I've never bought a Japanese book before!

You don't need to buy them all at once, and if you're Japanese, the box set is dirt cheap.

But yeah, you do need a whole bookcase for it.

To hit someone with them.

A Japanese set of One Piece is only $300 or so.

>If it's properly printed the file will have an appropriate sized gutter. I don't think any professional printer would ask for something that stupid.

Shows what the fuck you know (hint: it's nothing). Putting a break in the image for a two page spread is terrible in print. Looks like ass. It's better to have the artist compensate for print, looks much better.

>"One Piece is long !"
>Guin Saga (グイン・サーガ Guin Sāga?) is a best-selling heroic fantasy novel series by the Japanese author Kaoru Kurimoto, in continuous publication since 1979. A record 100 volumes were originally planned,[1] but the final total stands at 130 volumes and 22 side-story novels, with the last four volumes and the twenty-second side novel published posthumously.[2] She was working on the 130th volume of Guin Saga up until May 23, 2009, after which point she became too ill to write.[3] After the 100th book in the series was published in 2005, an event to celebrate this was held in Tokyo, with 600 attending.[4] Guin Saga is the longest continuing single-writer's work in the world with total circulation exceeding 28 million worldwide.[5]

>The main story of Guin Saga resumed on November 8, 2013, four years after the passing of the original author. Yū Godai published Volume 131 Parro no Ankoku on that date, followed by Yume Yohino's Volume 132 Cylon no Banka in December 2013.[6]

And

newsarama.com/15381-10-long-running-comics-that-have-never-been-renumbered.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels

And the costs are ridiculous to boot. Srsly; what's up with these legal contractors? Can't they even get any decent networking, marketing and affiliation to even get good cheap top quality material? For fucking Christ sake.

I want to read it so bad, but it hasn't been translated fully