Someone convince me i should invest in Bitcoin. Is it too late?

Someone convince me i should invest in Bitcoin. Is it too late?

Will it just get fucked instead of the 20k bullshit i keep hearing?

it's never too late

You're several years too late. At this point it's effectively gambling.

In what way?

Too many people have desperately dogpiled onto cryptocurrency because they thought it was going to be free thousands of dollars.

It's basic economics-- early adopters get the profit and then sell to the masses jumping onto the train too late.

fpbp

Fuck, if i invest will there be any profit at this point?

There's not really any telling. Like I said, you'll basically just be gambling.

bitcoin is to big but litecoin and etherium are likely to reach similar levels if this crypto trend continues
litecoin is a cheap buy in right now
I picked up 10 just in case

>basically just be gambling.
this

the majority of the people with bitcoins just want them because they are hoping to cash in at some point

Bitcoin is being bid up for the crash mid December when CME futures open. Screen cap this

You shouldn't, It's too late. You weren't insightful enough to get involved early like me. I personally doubled my net worth with bitcoin. But I've been mining for 2 years.

>I'm 19
>I have more savings than you
>I don't have college debt(not entirely due to crypto, but taking small bits out this semester has helped
>I can afford to drive my porsche
>It's helped show me how to be an entrepreneur and learn how to invest

I am by no means rich, but I am certainly better off having learned about crypto

>a decentralized currency will never be created
>bitcoin will never actually be worth any "real" money
>the government will never allow bitcoin to be traded
>bitcoin will never reach $0.01 USD
>bitcoin will never reach $0.1 USD
>bitcoin will never reach $1 USD
>bitcoin will never reach $10 USD
>bitcoin will never reach $100 USD
>bitcoin will never be used to exchange for real goods and services, only drugs
>bitcoin will never recover from the mtgox scandal
>the banks will never invest in cryptocurrencies
>bitcoin will never reach $1000 USD
>bitcoin will never reach $2500 USD
>all cryptocurrencies will be wiped out on august 1st
[YOU ARE HERE]
>bitcoin will never reach $10,000
>bitcoin will never reach $100,000
>bitcoin will never reach $1,000,000

It might be too late... but what are the chances that this precise moment is the time that it's too late? Anyway if you're unlucky you might lose some money, but probably not.

I'm indeed that guy. fml.

Will probably dip at 10k to around 6k because of the massive milestone and people tempted to sell but it will probably instantly shoot back like it always has, i'd wait rn desu.

That is true, just like every single other investment. They did a poll though and the average bitcoin investor said they wouldn't until around 194k.

Just like with baseball cards the trading value is in the fact that people are currently collecting it.

>5000
Wait for 3000
>6000
Wait for 3000
>7000
Well at least let it fall back to 5000
>8000
Fuck.
>9000 ..

It's most likely going to rise to at least 100k before you are old. Save 50% of your money in bitcoin.

unlike other bubbles, supply CANNOT scale to meet demand

>demand spikes for housing? build more houses; eases pressure on houses
>demand spikes for gold? mine more gold; eases pressure on gold
>demand spikes for bitcoin? fugg

you cannot spike the supply of bitcoin in response to a demand spike. any such demand spike will be reflected in a spike in pricing, like we're seeing right now. (plus a spike in knock offs, i.e. poor substitutes, which we're also seeing)

Long story short the market is pricing in the CME futures and options on Bitcoin which is expected to be released in Q1 of 2018. No signs that this run is going to stop yet, but it wont last forever.

It was too late once it went over $1K

probably going to hit $10,000 in the next 24 hours

but we all know that you literally cannot cash out at all!!!

It doesn't matter, everyone eventually benefits due to it crushing the current international financial order.

I asked myself the same thing back when I bought in at $5K.

My advice is to do some research. Learn how the coin works, and WHY people are so excited about it. Only then should you judge whether to buy or sell.

How many USD did you put into crypto, and how long have you been trading?

It won't be crushing anything except for the people investing into this Ponzi scheme right now.

Yes there is profit because it grows everyday. There won't be a significant amount of profit though. For instance if you spent $10,000 on it today, and in a year the price has tripled, you'd have $30,000. There's no way to make millions off it unless you bought really early, and everyone I've come across who did buy early also sold way too early.

>nearly 2018
>not putting your money into LINK

do you like being poor?

>demand spikes for housing? build more houses; eases pressure on houses

1) You can only build a limited number of houses in an area. Building more homes beyond the desirable area (where the jobs are located) would be pointless when no one wants to live there.

2) Housing construction is heavily regulated in areas with high demand.

>demand spikes for gold? mine more gold; eases pressure on gold

The amount of gold that can be mined is finite.

>demand spikes for bitcoin? fugg

Crash the market or create a fork.

In the same way being at the bottom of the pyramid doesn't pay very well.

This is it right here. If you bought at 6 cents, you'd of probably watched it hit 12 cents. 24 cents etc. And sold thinking you were an investment guru

>What is bitcoin mining

>brainlet that knows nothing about mining

Like the south sea stock bubble ? Or the tech bubble. Definitely supply demand problems....

i dont deny that we're in a bubble. i probably wouldnt invest at current prices either. im fortunate in that i had by chance just plunked down $200 in btc in march in the hope of buying some ether. i missed my ether price target but held onto the btc. its gone up nearly 10x since then. will let it ride until my mom starts asking me about bitcoin

>20% in last 3 days
I mean, that's probably pretty good for anyone.

Bitcoin is already dead
Long Live bitcoin cash

My absolute biggest regret in life is not being resolutebon this when it was starting up. I even remember the threads. I remember downloading a wallet, not exactly sure what I was doing. I remember even buying some and seeing it in my wallet. Fuck, I even remember trying to mine the damn stuff, even though I didn't know what I was really doing. Being a drunk/high student all the time.

I think I bought 50 quid worth of bitcoin for that wallet. It won't matter though, I can't remember the name of the wallet, let alone the passwords/phrases and all the other shite.

Biggest 'what if' moment of my fucking life. Jesus Christ, how much would I have in my account if I had just put in a tenner every month since 2012. My only hope is that it continues to rise to astronomical values. I have 0.5BTC now, and I'm going to continue at the end of every tax year to put in 20% of my savings. Let's see where it will go in 10 years :^)

BTC until it breaches 10k.
POWR this week.
Vechain in December.
Waltonchain in January.

You're welcome poorfags.

Wouldn't more miners lead to more bitcoin in circulation?

no because there is a difficulty factor that adjusts dynamically in response to additional mining coming online, keeping the inflation factor at a relatively steady rate

No it's not to late bro. Making good gains on my end here and I only joined the train in September. Browse /biz/.
t. btfo linkie

bought at the bottom. you didnt get sucked in by the /biz/raeli shills did you?

Someone please give me an explanation why bitcoins are computer files that can't be replicated, how they were created, and why people think they have value.

And no "The USD is digital, banks keep track of it so you don't have to carry around hundred dollar bills all day, that means your money doesn't actually exist."

That's still a tripling of your investment.

No I bought at the bottom aswell. Floor is 1500 sats so I intend to buy and hold then.
stop being a brainlet bro

>Someone please give me an explanation why bitcoins are computer files that can't be replicated, how they were created, and why people think they have value.
It's not "computer files", it's a single file. Every bitcoin transaction in history is recorded onto a single ledger, which is constantly being verified by a network made up of every single miner around the world.
In other words, bitcoin isn't stored on your computer any more than your BankOfAmerica.com account balance is.

>adjusts dynamically
Ah. That I didn't know. Thanks user.

Make a case for it user and I might just pick up 10k

o/
feeling comfy

It's backed by the drug trade. You cannot make a more solid investment than investing in drugs, they sell themselves and are always in greater demand than there is supply.

This is why you should
It's not too late

if it breaks above 10k in stride, expect a sharp pull-back to low 9's, maybe 8+
if it flirts with 10k for a while and holds, then breaks thru, i would expect it to ramp up big

come over to /biz/
my 30 second pitch is this:
you probably know about ethereum, yes? smart contracts. ok cool, much wow. but without data smart contracts are useless. ethereum never solved this problem. "out of the box" ethereum smart contracts only let you reference data on other ethereum tokens. instead people have been forced to roll their own external data provider services. these are called Oracles. rolling your own Oracle service has a lot of problems. LINK solve the problem and enables all the killer apps that ethereum's tech has promised us

Don't

I like your style user, I've always been wary of ETH and friends so this is pretty reassuring to read.
Thanks

Will LINK ever effectively be utilised as a deepnet currency though? My understanding was that it would merely work as a middle between bitcoin and $£€ etc

>sigt
ayy you fell for that one too?

thoughts on ripple anyone?

well LINK is meant to work in conjunction with ethereum, as well as bitcoin and hyperledger. ethereum smart contracts would call out to your chainlink smart contract with queries for data. the chainlink contract, in turn, will proxy off to the data providers. chainlink will also handle aggregating across multiple chainlink oracle nodes, as well as aggregating across multiple data sources, will manage reputation of the various nodes, etc. longterm the plan is to integrate with intel's new sgx instruction set which provide protected enclaves that would disallow the node from even knowing what code it's executing and what data it has received (so you could give it e.g. your bitcoin private key without fear of it being stolen).

i dont know what you mean by deepnet. you could certainly use it for proxying both data requests on fiat currency pricing, as well as proxying real-world fiat currency sales through say your personal brokerage account once the intel sgx stuff is working

It's really important but it will not go high in value for a while. Buy at 15-17k satoshis.

normies rushing in ath prices

You know what is tripling your investment? Buying an AR 15 and every nigger you kill is triple the amount you won't pay in taxes for welfare.

~2k for a really good AR.
~6k for yearly taxes going into welfare system.

Fuck meant deep web, for buying black market coke.

I fucking love you guys. I would trust you fags over mad money or any guru any day of the week. (Within reason; don't want to get hit with b8) I found out about BTC when it was worth about half a penny, and it's all thanks to fags like you guys on Sup Forums.
So once again, thanks!

not for that type of stuff

I wanted to buy a couple hundred BtC for like £100 back in the day, my GF said it was a fools errand and a waste of cash, I listened to her.... Now she want's to buy in......

My perception of it is as follow BtC is a proto currency, a prototype for the cashless society the bible of all things mentioned, I don't think the devil is real though. I predict that when the banks kill it, it will be by design, when things like Amazon start accepting it and it becomes a part of normie culture. It's crash will create chaos and in that chaos (((they))) will push all sorts of legislature that allows them to control the e-shekels. The real question in my mind is what will become the legislated stable currency that will inevitably phase out paper money? It's not BitCoin, it certainly isn't doge coin, and Etherium is questionable.

That's the only thing giving crypto's any hope though IMO. Without the endless demand that is drugs, crypto's have no value.

kek that is one scary thing to say on internet.

Ethereum is the only big name crypto that actually has significant features other than just being a shitty replacement for the dollar (smart contracts, actually useful applications of the blockchain, etc). Bitcoin is literally a meme, and it will crash by the end of 2018, screenshot this post if you don't believe me. 90% of the money in bitcoin is people trying to make a profit off it, they're just circlejerking and pretending it's actually worth anything in the real wold. Bitcoin's fall will take down most of the crypto but Ethereum will stay strong.

Either way, you're not going to make the crazy 3x profits with Bitcoin anymore, stick to altcoins if you like gambling. Bitcoin will probably go up quite a bit more before it falls though.

>t. early bitcoin investor who sold off nearly all his bitcoin to buy ethereum

thoughts on LINK?

I was going to ask this. Going price right now is .25. It sounds like it has a lot going for it, but I don't know enough about it to give an educated opinion.

Current portfolio is doing okay. Also have more bitcoin and ethereum in an offline wallet.

It's never too late to enter the crypto market, for those that are asking.

Before you invest, learn what a blockchain is, learn about dollar cost averaging, learn about smart contracts and scalability. This will help you when selecting which coins to buy or which ICOs to participate in.

Also remember that you do not have purchase a whole bitcoin or a whole ethereum. Dollar cost average your way in and watch your money grow.

My initial invest was $350. My portfolio now is $750. I haven't invested any more than my initial $350, most cause I've been buying fucking space ships in Star Citizen.

Anyway, some good Youtubers to watch are Crypto Bobby and David Hay. Good luck to everyone!

Shows promise. Any crypto that has a something behind it other than just useless mining is better than Bitcoin by definition. I think I've got like 4k USD in LINK? I honestly haven't checked, I think it's gone down since I bought it, hasn't paid off yet. But it's in the post-ICO phase, where most of the initial investors looking to game a quick profit have sold off, and now it slowly starts to climb back up.

Don't own much Ripple. Don't really like non-mineable currencies, doesn't show promise for crazy growth like Ethereum or Bitcoin did, though I do like the tech behind it.

You know that Ethereum is going to proof of stake right? No more mining ETH

This is my investment from a $8k investment. You nocoiners continue to go and cry in a corner while I continue to make sick gainz

inb4 expedia selling travel deals in bitcoin
man its like pol never understood why bitcoin is redpilled.

end the fed with bitcoin.

It always was gambling retard. Do you understand how time works?

This.

Word around nyc is that bezos is slowly putting 1/5 of his networth into BTC

If I roll quads BTC hits 100K within 5 years

He took this from an article why screenshot shit someone else already wrote. Screenshot this.

Fucking checked, mate.

all you nocoiners need to 100% into ETH

bitcoin is a shitshow and its going to lose in the end to ETH

bitcoin is only up because its the first port of call for normies

look at the market caps. you will at minimum 4x your money minimum.

1k eth by end of year btw.

Don't believe the shills, they don't want to see you succeed. If you don't dump all of your money into bitcoin RIGHT NOW then you'll miss out and regret it for the rest of your life.

Probably looking to destabilize; considering he got where he is because of the CIA... Apparently one of the fastest ways to becoming "the richest man in the world" Is by picking up a $600,000,000 contract through them.
Who would've thought, right?

I don't understand, isn't bitcoin literally worth too much money to use as currency anymore?

Is there fractional bitcoin trading?

>CME futures open
What is this

damn...35 long of

Hey guys really wish I invested in Apple back in the 80's. Do you think its too late? You guys sound like a bunch of dmb fucks. Do you understand what investing is? You guys matter as wel be talking about lottery numbers with your mentalies. But hey guys like you make guys like me rich so please continue consulting one another blindly.

Yeah. I don't like it personally, but as it stands it's the biggest altcoin at the moment.

I don't think it's bad for it's stability, I just don't think there will be crazy exponential growth after PoS.

But how were they made?

1k ETH by the end of the year is speculative as a mother fucker.... I could see MAYBE hitting 750.

the problem is that everyone is treating it as an investment vehicle. you can't use it as currency if it's value can move by 5% in the hour that it takes for your transaction to be confirmed.

the price will skyrocket because people are buying more and more, and then there will be a race to sell it off.

Why