What are you expecting from David Production's Vento Aureo?

What are you expecting from David Production's Vento Aureo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hYkxnReNM_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Surprisingly less complaints than we had over their Diamond is Not Crash since the story is more linear and has less plot holes besides Fugo. I hope they handle the King Crimson scenes properly like they did with The World.

Not a whole lot.

Make teasers for La Squadra like them passing information to one another.

Why do you say that?

ruined voices and miscasting

The adaptations for Parts 3 and 4 felt underwhelming and I wasn't a fan of Part 5 to begin with.

Heavy fujoservice.

I hate Namikawa as Giorno.

the taste of a liar.

you know there's really not quite enough story left for episode 39 of DiU.

I say we're going to get Koichi in Italia

I'd be perfectly fine with this.
DiU feels dragged out as it is.

Romi Park or riot

I liked PS2 Vento Aureo game voices. I mean, Romi Park has already voiced Giorno and Koichi in games but who knows, maybe they'll invite her again.

Well, since VA is more fight based than DU, I'd imagine that there's going to be more two-parters, and even a few three parters. Filler will probably be more prominent (which is always good in JoJo's case), and the overall view of VA will likely change with voices and a good translation. Ideally they'd take a break midway through when Buccellati defects, and then resume two seasons later. Not sure who'd voice Diavolo, but will definitely have to have a voice that matches Morikawa's boomy egotistical performance. Ideally they'd make an OVA of Purple Haze Feedback, but I'm not expecting anything. Sleeping Slaves may also be made an OVA or changed in order.

Pls don't fuck Bruno's voice.

To finally see how King Crimson FUCKING WORKS

Here you go.

I'm not really a fan of part five. I just hope it does well enough for part six to happen That's the main reason I'll watch it.

so is david production just going to move on to part 5 immediately?

I would assume they might take a year break

Of course not silly, not while part 4 is so hype right now. It will probably come spring 2017 at the earliest.

I'm hyped desu

Nah there's like another 4 chapters left which is the average they adapt per episode.

He makes the world and time not exist for up to 10 seconds, so that everything that would have happened to him in that time is ignored and everyone else is locked into their fate. Think of it as making time jump forward if erasing time is too confusing. He makes time jump forward by 10 seconds but the results of what would have happened to him in that time are ignored, but still applied for everyone else.

I'm hyped for the OP.

That's a funny way of spelling Golden Wind

Can'y wait for this fight.

Part 5 and Part 6 have so much fucking potential for the OPs, moreso than 4. I'm pretty excited.

That's an interesting way of spelling 黄金の風.

>Part 5 OP during final fight starts starts
>Diavolo/King Crimson appears
>Red Flash
>Start a third of the way through the episode

THE FUCKING OST

That's a 奇妙 way of spelling ジョルノ・ジョバァーナ【黄金なる遺産】.

youtube.com/watch?v=hYkxnReNM_0

I feel bad for the kids that were born right in the span where KC erased time

They'd still be alive and born it's just time skipped from a point they were still in a vagina to a time when they weren't.

Do you think Araki made time-based stands because he hits deadline constantly?

Araki probably has a time-related stand since the madman put out 30 + pages for sbr when it was still weekly

what if you cummed in a vag and that time got erased

a cool king crimson sound effect

>*Record scratch*
>*freeze frame*
>"Ypu, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in that situation"

part 5 being the last HAHAHAHAHA

What a waste. They should have skipped this filler garbage too.

Don't they usually use the game's VA?

Nevermind, just checked. They sometimes don't.

I just wish David Production would take more artistic freedoms with their adaption of Jojo, like the OVAs did.
Kakyoin vs. Dio for instance looked really cool in the OVA, while in the anime it looked pretty lame.

I know Giorno is supposed to be young, but Romi Park does not fit him AT ALL. I wish they kept her as Koichi.

I personally would like a guy to voice Giorno.

It depends on the fight I think. Most of the changes the OVA made made the series worse, but then you have DIO's World, one of the few things it did right.

(you)

What's the application of King Crimson's ability, really? If the time is erased from when the gun is fired to the point that the bullets hit you, does that make them impossible to avoid, or if you could have avoided them, will you just skip to after your evasion instead?

If it's the latter, then the ability seems largely useless. If it's the former, it seems like King Crimson is instead choosing a possible outcome and "locking it in." Instead of focusing on erasing time, one should think of it like determining the future and making it an absolute certainty by skipping towards the point that it comes true, without allowing any of people in the time between the present and the future to change it.

Do you think the story about dio is made to cover up that he is a vampire who can stop time?

I want them to get someone new.

Fugo is not a plot hole, it's a subversion of the power of friendship. Also the proof of why shounenshit is so generic, rules can't be broken because the audience call it plothole and they complain for years.

Nowadays it's harder to take liberties for the source because anime is aimed to a shrinking demographic of nerds and they can boycott an adaptation if it isn't exactly like the manga. There was more freedom on the past thanks to the general audience

superb taste, anons

if they do get a guy, it should certainly not be Namikawa

>It gets to the King Crimson fight
>Various parts of the opening gets cut or "skip forwards" through time.

David Production hopefully does this, its practically a tradition at this point.

fuck off, Araki didn't want to deal with purple haze and he thought killing him would be cheap so he just wrote him off and you know it

If that's the case couldn't he have just taken him out of the way for most battles and only have him fight counters to his stand? Like everyone else.

True but it was still a wonderful subversion of the power of friendship. Death of the author, faggot

Didn't Araki have Fugo leave specifically because a ton of fights would have been easily solved by having him nuke the enemy with Purple Haze?

That'd limit the stand creativity because Araki would have to have every fight planned around Purple Haze being able to nuke anything that isn't close range.

This, I don't care if it's an unplanned asspull. It's something you hardly ever see. I'd bail out too if I was in Fugo's shoes.

It's literally skipping time. When a certain time period is erased, only results remain. For example:

>Diavolo shoots you with a gun
>erases time
>you didn't see him firing the gun, but got hit by bullets instantly

Remember the panel from the manga where Narancia wants water from Giorno? The water appeared on his hands instantly, because the time period where Giorno gave him is erased from existence.

has JJBA been even remotely profitable for them??

what will they do for part 6?

He also couldn't figure out a way for the others to effectively fight him in an interesting way because Giorno and his ability to make immunities given enough time.

It's a shame because Namikawa has the range, but he uses his worst voice for Giorno. Needs better voice direction.

DiU BDs and DVDs have been selling out.

During the time skip, Diavolo is able to move around freely and reposition himself. He can't get hurt, nor hurt others while in the skip, but if he was shown attacking during the time showed by Epitaph, then the results of his attack will still play out even if he wasn't there to do them.

In a nutshell, Diavolo is immune to anything that happens to him in that time. Think of there being two Diavolos, one carrying out the actions he was rated to do, while the real one runs off to avoid getting hurt.

People forget that King Crimson has two abilities, rather the Stand itself has one ability while the small face on the regular face one too. Small face utilizes Epitaph which allows him to see into 10 seconds into the future and predict movements while the main body of King Crimson can remove time. Without the Epitaph, the main King Crimson won't know what to skip and it's because he knows what exactly to nullify that makes him as broken as he is.

Also, Epitaph alone can't change fate, which is why Doppio got so messed up against Risotto.

King Crimson doesn't erase time, that conclusion is based on a shitty translation and the characters erroneously trying to find out what's happening when it activates.

Here is a cut and dry explanation of King Crimson's powers:

Epitaph is a substand like Sheer Heart Attack. It allows Diavolo to see up to 10 seconds into the future.

King Crimson does not erase time. Rather, it allows Diavolo to move freely while everyone else plays back their actions exactly as they would have in Epitaph's prediction. When the effect ends, nobody remembers what happened in the time "slip".

To onlookers it's like the Futurama episode "Time Keeps on Slipping", but Diavolo is the only one who has conscious control during the periods where time skips forward. This ability allows him to move freely around people who he doesn't want to show his face to. It also has applications similar to a timestop, allowing him to donut people as they act out his prediction.

Araki had actually planned on making Fugo a traitor/snitch to the boss. Eventually this would have been revealed and Giorno would have had to kill him. Araki did not want to do this because he already felt that part 5 was too dark.

>Fugo realizes that it's hopeless to fight Diavolo and it's suicide to betray Passione
>cuts a deal where he'll be spared if he betrays Bruno's group
>Giorno finds out and a fight ensues
>Purple Haze vs. Gold Experience
Man, that would have been so fucking cool.

So really all it does is erase your memory of what happened.

Araki had to write 10 pages of MUDAMUDAMUDA for Cioccolata because half of them were to make up for the pages intended for Fugo's defeat.

i think is sort of weird how part 6+ of jojo are very religion themed considering how in vento aureo araki tried to midichlorify stands with the meteor thing

That one should be pretty obvious.

We actually have no idea what specifically causes the arrows to give stands. It's implied it's because they're from the meteorite, but it could easily be that arrowheads were made from the meteorite and then some kind of human interaction caused them to grant stands.

Bingo, that's what would have happened.
Also I thought it was odd that Cioccolata's stand power was so similar to Fugo's. Imagine the intensity of that final fight if they had to kill Fugo before squaring off with the boss.

call me dumb for asking this but isn't Giorno technically Jonathan's son?

they better make sex pistols be visually pleasing to watch

yes, that's what make him a jojo

Yes, that's why he's a Jojo (GioGio) and has a star shaped birthmark. Rest of DIO's sons have birthmarks and stands but aren't considered Jojos.

now that you mention it, is the whole "joestar bloodline" thing adressed in universe, does anyone comment "woe, this family is destined to save the universe every time from weird shit" or is just something that happens and the characters don't make any kind of deal about it?

Disagree. Namikawa suits him.

It just happens and nobody makes a big deal of it. The only person who really does is Pucci who makes a casual remark about the Joestar bloodline.

Maybe the anime adaptation have all that?

I expect it to be as bad as part 4. The only way to save part 5 would be to make it under 30 episodes long.

>Man, that would have been so fucking cool.
Would it though? Giorno already solved purple haze during the mirror fight. The only difference is that maybe fugo would end up killing abbachio or (if araki wanted to be extra tragic) narancia instead of having them die later before giorno could act.

Fugo just leaving is way more interesting and it let the pretty cool PHF exist

That's the idea, yes. parts 1-3 are connected pretty directly while parts 4-6 are connected more thematically by having them star the direct children of the jojo's from 1-3.

thematically it works better to think of him as dio's son

Part 5 would really benefit from straying away from the direct manga adaptation. They need to take liberties with the action, don't have the generic character reacts to a thing happening by saying a complete sentence as an attack is coming. To compress part 5 and make it feel more intense they need to cut dialog happening during the action scenes and plan out how they'll show the fights rather than just animating panels.

Thats kinda what the part 3 ova's did, and it worked so much better than the new anime. They left in the most intense fights, the story was all there, and they added things to make the fight better (every added thing in the DIO fight made it more smooth).

The main goal of the anime would be to make a short and enjoyable show, not a litteral moving manga. Then people have the option to watch the anime and then read the manga and both would be different experiences.

I actually loved the N'doul fight in the OVA, especially the scene where Avdol is trying to get Polnareff to jump onto the truck while being perfectly silent. It added a lot of tension to the scene.

Part 4 failed because it was a moving manga, yeah we all got to hear our favorite lines spoken but other than that what did we really get from Part 4 that the manga didn't already deliver? Besides a few moments of constant animation such as in the superfly fight where Toyohiro is jumping around the tower and Josuke is trying to punch him, I can't think of any time the anime had anything on par with Whammu vs Cesar. To be great, all fights in part 5 need to be like the one between Whammu and Cesar.

I always thought Diavolo was a master of fate. Like the Futurama example he has no real control of other people but he can essentially choose at what point it jumps to and when actions start having effect again.

Taste of a liar animated

I wonder what kind of merchandise it'll have.
Tiger stripe pants? A return of the Part 5 watches? Maybe a radio drama too.

why was Buccelatti a zombie for the last remaining part of VA ? Diavolo killed him when they meet on that island but he just got up and left

Rolling Stone. He was supposed to die there, but Mista's intervention let fate give him some extra time, allowing him to fight for something he believed in until the very end.

It should be alright, a JJBA TV anime is never going to be as good as the manga because there will never be enough budget to do the big fights properly, but the directors at David Prod. have done a good job so far capturing the main essence of the manga (ie. tension and suspense).

I hope it isn't as long as SC was though. Chapter wise DiU has like maybe 20-30 more chapters than SC and VA but the pacing felt less shit for it because it had 9 fewer episodes. Although it's been almost a decade since I read Part 4 so I can't remember what little bits they cut out to make it fit.