This guy doesn't deserve such a massive harem

This guy doesn't deserve such a massive harem.

Name one harem protagonist that does.

Ayumu.

He deserved it.

Me

You only really need 4 of them

bee bat monkey and bitch

Only two

Hyoudo Issei, Sugisaki Ken, Ayumu, that mc from Apartment Invaders and Trinity seven.

Well he saved the vamp and she became a loli, so that's a given
Then some big tit cat thought he was so cool or something so now she's in
There were always his sisters, so that's another two
Also his smaller little sister's friend who lusts after his cock, but she got excommunicated
To replace her on team sister is some math girl that he irreversibly fucked up in the worst monogatari so far
After all that came some crab cunt who he found out was skinny and she fell in love with him for saving her I hardly remember but she's his gf so of course she's a part
We needed another loli and another girl to save, so eightseventemple was added
During his saving of these girls was some lesbian tomboy who was saved and is still a rugmuncher but wants to fuck the boyfriend of her oneitis, so now she's in
Throw a doll in there somewhere, she started living with this guy, more loli
Finally this fucking manwhore cloned himself and turned it into a girl(male) just because there weren't enough women in his harem so now we have best girl

Sounds pretty straightforward senpai, I don't see the issue

Color Wars guy

Bat, Snail, and Doll

Every piece of official art he gets more and more buffed

It's eightninetemple

>best girl

Couldn't agree more about anything.

What harem? He has me. Surely he can't have more women in his life.

Kirito

That's a man, baby

If you can't accept your waifu for who they are and all their faults, then one doesn't deserve them.

This is one case where i would not agree. Having read the novels, he does "deserve" all it more than most other harem MCs, since his "harem" is not harem of girls, but harem of troubles.

He`s doomed to constantly suffer dealing with mental problems of abusive, obsessive and plain psychopatic girls being forever scarred by the staff he has to go through.

Not living a dream by any means.

I'll take one of his hands.

Arararagi is delilicious though

Why not? He's a genuinely entertaining person to talk to apparently and he has helped/attempted to help them all, even risking his life for some of them.

What harem, the nigger's fucking married.

Keima Katsuragi

Yep, a man with weirdly womanly hips.

It's just typical oddity "shit changes based on what you want to percieve", with Ougi being a dude in Hana to fill in the role of Koyomi for Kanbaru who was missing him at the time. So basically if Koyomi and Ougi fucked and then Kanbaru walked in and saw it, she'd be seeing two dudes making out.

I dunno why everyone so readily acknowledges Araragi's flaws but is hesistant to do the same for the girls, who are all batshit crazy to varying degrees even at the end of the series.

Any shows where the "harem" ends up hating MC?

Bee, Bat, Phoenix, and Doll

Kizu Ragi would be buff though, due to the vampire powers.

Well Ougi's not my waifu so I'm fine not accepting him for being ugly

I don't think he's supposed to LOOK buff though. It's vampire magicks, isn't it?

kirito kimihito

If theres one harem mc that doesnt deserve his harem, it's Rito. He's literally your average nu-male

He is. One of the side effects of becoming a vampire is it forces his body to be in top shape. He still has it after Kizu though, so this is just artistic license/budget.

Nope, being a vamp slowly makes you fitter physically, Hanekawa points out how buff Araragi looks ((compared to when she first met him)) when she see's him up close after Dramaturgy's fight.

They are also magically inhumanly strong, but yeah, they also get changed to their peak physical fitness level over time.

>Sugisaki Ken
Holy shit I almost forgot about Seitokai no ichizon. Sugisaki was based as fuck and worked his ass off for his harem, definitely deserves it.

Convenient.

It makes sense, really, considering a vampire is basically always healing wounds, it's not outlandish to have it so that "regaining health" also makes them healthier than how they were when they turned.

A fat girl who becomes a vampire still wouldn't technically be healthy, so vamp powers would fix that up and make her thin and strong.

That massive harem doesn't deserve him.

It's the other way around. People point out the flaws of the girls, and pretend Araragi is somehow just some cool, sane guy, when that is the furthest from the truth.

For instance, the biggest example of this is with his relationship with Hanekawa. Everyone always points out how Hanekawa didn't say anything or take initiative, but neither did he. He was (and still is) infatuated with her and makes so many points to deny it, even as other people and his internal monologue betray him. Plus the Tsubasa Cat commentary, and several points in the series all point out how much he is bullshitting about Hanekawa.

And once Hanekawa sorts herself, he is still in the same place he was when he confronted her in Neko Black, not appreciating his own life and the way people care about him even with a girlfriend. See the way he handled the Nadeko incident, and the sad part is he doesn't cognitively acknowledge it given how he still views that situation.

Fact of the matter is, Araragi is as crazed as any of the girls are, or rather, were, while he is STILL a mess inside. Which is funny given how much Hanekawa is STILL helping to guide him.

>and pretend Araragi is somehow just some cool, sane guy
I hardly ever see anyone say this here

Anime name? Yeah, im a dirty casual, but i started just a few moths ago and i need names

Well, let's be honest, he is about as unfaithful as he could possibly be without actually fornicating with the other girls. You only have to look at how he let's Shinobu be as intimate with him as possible, has a shrine for Hanekawa in his room with her braids/bra/panties and a sick matronly feeling toward her (but then again, so does his future wife also have an attraction and obsession with Hanekawa, so I guess the class pres kitty is a special category), and his relationship with his sisters is anything but appropriate.

Dude's a cheat, that can't even be argued. If any of the above mentioned banged him, he wouldn't fight it, wife or not. And if it was with Cat, his wife would join in.

I am getting the mods on the line as we speak, newfag-kun.

Monogatari series, just reverse image search next time, works pretty well.

>Started searching just now

>See the way he handled the Nadeko incident, and the sad part is he doesn't cognitively acknowledge it given how he still views that situation.
If you're referring to Gahara being kept out of it, that was him explicitly to keep her away from this oddity shit. It's not him not understanding what he's doing.

If you're referring to the Nadeko situation at all, that was all on her. The only reason Kaiki was able to see through it was because he did something similar towards Gahara that Koyomi was doing towards Nadeko and realised after the fact how much it was fucking everything up.

>It's the other way around. People point out the flaws of the girls, and pretend Araragi is somehow just some cool, sane guy, when that is the furthest from the truth.
Yeah no, no one does this. No one ever mentions how Crab thought that she was stealing Koyomi away from Cat when asking him out in the first place and how she attempted to use Monkey just to 'test' Koyomi's fathfulness at the expense of what Monkey needed (and then getting pissy when that backfires) when going on and on about Koyomi's infidelity.

The "fault" with Koyomi is way simpler than you guys make it out to be, it's literally the core of this series. He'll always put himself in harms way to help them and stand by them, it's why they all love him but it's also what causes problems at the same time. Crab can't fully criticize that without being a hypocrite because on top of it being the main reason why she fell for him, it's also because of this character trait that Koyomi helped her back in Hitagi Crab at all.

Darling.

He is the one guy who actually does.

Well I meant more that he killed himself when the solution to the situation was because he was coddling Nadeko. Which in turn made the situation worse down the line with his vampirism.

But as to your point, saying he wanted to keep her away from oddities doesn't hold water for two reasons: One, she was already involved, and two, we now know during Shinobu Mail he promised to keep her in the loop and discuss things in their relationship, and then he went back on that for flimsy reasons.

While I agree that Gahara did indeed intend to NTR Hanekawa and did Kanbaru wrong as a friend(I'm one of those guys that point out Gahara maimed Kanbaru during her time of being under the Crab when Kanbaru tried to help) that only proves my point.

Crab is most certainly portrayed not just here, but in the wider fandom, as the sanest of the girls despite her, and Araragi as the so-called "voice of reason".

Why do I say this? Because anytime we have character analysis, Gahara is seen as this pillar of strength in comparison to the other girls, and Araragi as this poor, downtrodden guy who always does his best with the girls instead of a guy with serious issues who happens to get lucky most of the time.

Hell, I thought it was pretty sly of Shaft to cut out the parts in Neko Black where Araragi begged Hanekawa to keep the facade and be his guide forever, which totally ruined the poignant moment in Neko White where she asks him if it was okay to change, it was to bring back the fact he told her in Neko Black to never change.

The meat of this series is to see these characters change and see the worst and the best if them. But Shaft kinda fucks it up, so I guess I can't blame the fans for not knowing.

I mean, Hanekawa liked Araragi not because he was cool, but because he was a pathetic guy who tried to do things despite being what he was. But that was in the LN as well. Oh well.

So why are they all barefoot? Does the guy have a foot fetish?

If, by "the guy", you mean Shinbo, yes.

Because it's rude to have your shoes on inside the house.

Why isn't she in the harem, again?

Because she started helping Araragi instead of hurting him, so he didn't save her.

Araragi's accepted the role of being her object of hatred.

His relationship with Hanekawa is the only one that bugs me, on both sides. Gahara's his girlfriend, with Kanbaru it's largely one-sided on her part, Shinobu's his soul mate or some shit and has all the time in the world to kill, with Hachikuji & Yotsugi pretty much any heterosexual guy would go nuts with a supernatural lewd girl that only they can see/interact with, and with his sisters frankly if he didn't make moves on them they would just fuck him anyway.

but with Hanekawa it absolutely was not "just lust" he saw towards her which is the part of it that the anime over-exagerrates, they were both just shit at actually pursuing each other and it developed in this really strange manner where they and everyone around them just sorta tolerates them still being around each other

Friend, what? I've never seen anyone deny that the girls have flaws, except for some especially delusional waifufags.

>with Kanbaru it's largely one-sided on her part

When Deus ex Hanekawa comes out and says you had feelings for Kanbaru and in Nadeko Snake, both Araragi and Kanbaru admit their mutual feelings. It's pretty hard to think it's one-sided any time outside of Hanamonogatari onwards.

>Araragi is somehow just some cool, sane guy

Well this is reflected upon in a few stories, more recently is the stuff with Sodachi and upcoming in Ougi Dark

I am sure this is one of the reasons people like the series, pretty much everyone in the series has a ton of messed up problems and everyone is fucked up.

Hanekawa misinterprets his relationship with Kanbaru. It's made pretty blatant in Tsubasa Tiger in that scene she & Kanbaru have together that she's reading too much into it and gets annoyed/jealous over something pretty minor.

ever heard of School Days?

This is after Tsubasa Tiger and how she's sorted her shit out.
Even if Hanekawa's assessment isn't right. When combined with Araragi and Kanbaru's assessment of their relationship we can see that until they fully develop into the bro-tier we see in Hana, there is feelings there for each-other.
Unless you go around platonically saying that you would wholeheartedly date a chick if you weren't already getting laid.

Considering the way he treats and respects more than half of them, i'd say they aren't his harem to begin with. They're his friends.

Boku no Pico

Juicy Yuuji.

Demi-god you say?

Hachikuji's a goddess by that point
Gahara's the token tsundere so that makes her OP too because that's how this works I guess
Nadeko of all people gets taken in by Gaen for excorcist training in a recent LN

>Araragi is a demi-god post Zoku

More like his harem doesn't deserve him. Only full powered Kiss-shot is on his level.

>Unless you go around platonically saying that you would wholeheartedly date a chick if you weren't already getting laid.
Kanbaru says the same to him and despite that, in some commentary she's the one who says that she doesn't think that a relationship between the two would actually work out, I dunno man

The delucion is stronk in this one. Kek

>To replace her on team sister is some math girl that he irreversibly fucked up in the worst monogatari so far
who?

>she's the one who says that she doesn't think that a relationship between the two would actually work out

Well yeah they both agree to that. What's the point in dating yourself, that's fucking weird. Araragi and Kanbaru have way too much in common and that's why they admit they wouldn't work.
It's also part of the reason why Kanbaru is so fundamentally able to understand and act as support to Araragi's stranger actions.

Only Kanbaru and Araragi truly understand the seedy depths both will sink to.

Sodachi Oikura, she was in Owari. I don't know why that user says Owari is the worst Monogatari so far but that may be because I am biased.

>He'll always put himself in harms way to help them and stand by them
This. RRG has a clear hero complex that motivates everything he does and each installment in the series which focuses on him deals with this.
Bake points out the problems with him always wanting to be the hero (making Monkey hate him, ignoring Snake for the guy who cursed her in the first place, ignoring Cat's feelings because he didn't want to deal with them).
Kizu shows how he developed into his complex, through the high he got from saving Kisshot after years of depression and isolation.
Nise points the hypocrisy in him telling others to "stop playing hero".
SS overall has his heroic tendencies backfiring on him wherever he goes (having to kill alternate Kissshot bc he tried to save Snail, letting Snail die bc he tried to save Bat, being unable to stop Snake bc he strung her along for so long).
Tsuki has him being forced into a situation where has to play hero to save people he loves, but that means doing the unheroic thing and killing someone.
Owari first has him having to deal with the one person he could not save, (Sodachi) and then has him facing the reality that he's just some average, random person who got sucked into the story by accident and not its hero. (anyone could've met Kissshot while she was dying, RRG just happened to pass by)

That user is sort of right though. Ougi was a dude in Hanamono after latching onto Kanbaru and it was really heavily implied (more blatant in the LN) that he's acting as a stand-in Araragi for Kanbaru. Apparantly Suruga Bonehead talks about this more but I haven't read it.

Elsewhere in the series where Ougi is still attached to Araragi, Ougi's a chick - and I think it's implied that she's partially based off of Kanbaru? Cute kouhai-type character, formally introduced to Araragi through Kanbaru too. I might be over-thinking it here though.

Admittedly this all wasn't 100% clear until we got some proper explanation about Ougi in Ougi Dark.

Does Ougi have any airtime in the LN past Ougi Dark?

Smart, hardworking, brave, and can use lighthawk wings.

Apparantly pops up in Suruga Bonehead which is set sometime after Hanamono, haven't heard anything else.

Still good enough as an Ougifag.

Which Monogatari has the best feet?

bird is the biggest footslut in the series

Doll's feet literally saves lives.

I thought it was supposed to be an aspect of his unreliable narration, see also his house with its crazy gigantic bathroom in the anime which they actually riff on in one of the more recent LNs

obviously just an excuse for shaft to draw pretty backgrounds for their slideslow

Marry this guy is like marry a god in training, like there is literally nothing he can do.

That isn't "unreliable narration." It's just Shaft being Shaft.

Ougi is all over the place. Shows up at the end of Koyomi Reverse (where she is the one to provide a solution for the whole plot of the book), is the deuteragonist of Suruga Bonehead, and pops up a few times in Nadeko Draw.

what did they mean by this?

aduit only

Thank you user

Forgot about Koyomi Reverse, dunno why I immediately think off the Off-Season stuff when some asks about what happens after Ougi Dark.

Is Nadekomono good? All I know about it is that Sodachi shows up in it

sasuga shaft

Nademonogatari was easily my favorite of Off Season, and in my opinion, one of the better books in the series all around.

If you despise Nadeko, it might be harder to enjoy, but I think she's a fairly likeable protagonist in Nadeko Draw if you go into it with an open mind.

Hopefully that they'll do the only remaining loli next.