Why do millennials spend so much money on avocado toast?

Why do millennials spend so much money on avocado toast?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WK153VNMQj8
youtube.com/watch?v=eXvBjCO19QY
wellandgood.com/good-food/why-avocado-toast-costs-10-dollars/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too beta to cook.

because they cant cum 6ft in the air like men

Why can't we just engineer avocados that grow in the same climate as corn and soy? They'd be cheaper than apples and we'd lose our last reason to give a crap about mexico

Because theyre so bent and cucked by today's society everything from their diet to their socialization is extremely restricted by leftist social falicies.

Avocados come from trees so it takes a lot longer to get an orchard going that produces enough avocados to make any serious cash.

because muh organic and muh gmos even though we've already gmo'd so much shit already

I guess these cunts are too stupid to understand that he's not specifically referring to avocado toast, but frivolous spending in general. And he's right. I was able to afford a house before most of my other friends, because I didn't piss away money on vacations, fast food, weed and restaurants all the time.
I mean, it's no secret that a lot of Americans eat out or order in all the fucking time, which is far more expensive than cooking your own food.

wtf is avocado toast. i've heard of both avocados and toast my whole life and only in the past three months did i start hearing about combining the two

>be me
>millennial
>fucking hates avocados
> buy first house at 17 years old
> pay it off by the age of 21.

Anons, the millionaire is right!

idiots got mad at a simple example

same with a guy who said not everyone should buy the latest iphone

oh well

Are tents really that expensive over there?

Fuck millennials, let them rent an apartment from me.

Yeah not spending 8$ a week on Avocado will totally let me afford a half a million dollar house. Fucking boomers jesus christ.

I've never heard of avocado toast

Trust a retarded liberal to take it literally.

When our parents and grandparents saved for a home they didnt eat out, they didnt go out, my mum sewed her own clothes. They saved every cent and had friends around for bbq and beers occasionally.

It was still easier back then. There wasnt such a gap between Wages and costs and of course houses were affordable. But you start with a flat anyway.

I've lived off a pot of coffee and a single meal for the past 5 years of my life, living on my own. I don't go out to eat, I don't spend on unnecessary items. I buy the cheapest groceries, and only the bare minimum of what I need to survive. I've been able to put about $30,000 into my savings, untouched. That's pretty good I guess. The thing is, I enjoy living frugally. I don't need much. I'm quite content with having very little. I don't even own furniture. I sleep on an air mattress. I'm very happy with how I live. My goal is to keep saving until I have enough to buy some land of my own, and build a house on that. Further down the line I'd like to open a small business and live a quiet and simple life. Sure, the Boomers had it a lot easier. But at this point all I can do is focus on the situation at hand, and I think I've been doing a good job of it so far.

AVOCADOS AREN'T EVEN EXPENSIVE YOU FUCKING CUNTS

Coffee and 1 meal per day, I mean to say.

Take an avocado
Put it on some toast
Mark it up 1000%
Avocado Toast

That's harsh, I had 40k in cash stuck up in my ceiling from less than "legal" activites that I accumulated in about 6 months. Only savings I've ever had worth while.

>That's harsh, I had 40k in cash stuck up in my ceiling from less than "legal" activites that I accumulated in about 6 months

user with a lifestyle like that maybe you should forget buying a place and just join a monastery.

Says the millionaire

>we want higher taxes!
>we want higher wages for everyone!
>we want free healthcare!
>we want gibs and shit!
>why is everything so expensive?
>why is the gov taking most of my earnings?
They deserve it desu

>how come we can get a man on da moon but we can't make my shoes smell good

as usual, liberals deliberately interpret a metaphor for specific, literal advice.

I don't know where this avocado toast obsession came from. A few weeks ago out of the blue I started hearing about it from multiple sources at once.

This isn't even good larping.

>people thinking "Avocado Toast" is just about avocado toast.
I'm in a graduate role and people around my age will buy their lunch every day, they'll have 1/2 takeout coffees and drink god knows how much on the weekends. It's not just the one off things, it's a lifestyle of frivolous spending that adds up to hundreds of dollars a week.

They already know mate.

How much does avocado toast cost?

>avocado toast thread
>one post by this ID.
faggot

$10 per avocado toast x 7 = $70
$70 x 4 = $280 a month
$280 x 12 = $3360 a year
$3360 x 10 = $33600 every 10 years
$33600 x 3 = $100800 every 30 years

$100800 just for NOT buying ONE item! Millennials are fucking retarded. I hate my generation

aint no witey keepin yo job nigga ur kidz n jobz r ourz noa

youtube.com/watch?v=WK153VNMQj8

>Why do millennials spend so much money on avocado toast?
I think he was using metonymy to describe their careless spending habits. I don't think he actually believed it was purely the toast impeding them.
Notice none of these liberal retards can figure that out. Then they wonder why they are dead last in everything. Nobody actually wants to hire retards.

only if you buy many of them in a bag

millenials will only pick 1 or 2 piece packages at best, but they usually buy the avocado toast from a trendy city café at 300% markup

avocados are 50 cents where I live
add 2 slices of bread and you have a meal

What's this fucker talking about

wite boiz r just jealoz of or nukgineers mah dik nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=eXvBjCO19QY

avocados are for faggots anyway

avocados increase testosterone and that one isn't a meme soy boy

$10 for one avocado toast

wellandgood.com/good-food/why-avocado-toast-costs-10-dollars/

Perhaps. But I just want to buy some rural land and live a quiet life, being left alone. I suppose if things don't pan out it's always an option.

I live in California and our state fruit is pretty much avocado. Easy to find here and cheap, never heard of anyone putting it on toast though. Sounds like some yuppie bullshit.

>What's this fucker talking about
Millennials love going out to trendy cafes for $10-20 a slice avocado toast. Then they go to Starbucks for a $5 cup of sugarcoffee so they can blog about it on their new Macbook.

Pic related. These cunts are soooooo poor that they live in a van.

Damn, property prices in LA must be something else.

the problem with these liberal tards is neither do they really want a house nor do they really want to work

what they love the most is living like a careless city fag and that's what they do

I usually eat avocados with homemade quesadillas, but avocado spread on toast like butter with salt and pepper to taste is good stuff actually
If you wan't to make it a complete meal, add some good sardines if you're into that sort of thing

very cheap meal for under $2

Buy an avocado, but some bread, put salt on it. That's what my wife does and I made a rule that every time she makes it she has to make a piece for me, ergo my avocado toast is free

Anyone have that pic of a millennial with a avocado pit speared to his hand?

gay slide thread, also fake

i pay $0.41 per avocado, after tax

your version of yuppies are so fucked that they literally drink all their calories so don't get too high and mighty califag

>Being too poor to afford our cheap avacadoes AND a house

This thread needs more Jeb!

You could instead buy a bag of onions and come out at just $0.05/onion.

I am so confused on the avocado thing. It's dirt cheap here in the middle of a desert.

Check'd

Another issue is they haven't met enough middle-aged losers that squandered their savings and potential and now have stupid poor people problems like finding enough gas money in their couch cushions so they can get to the liquor store. Millenials are ageist scum that live in a protected little bubble with only other millenials and "hip" genXers and boomers that "understand their generation" (i.e. childish buffoons). They don't yet know how hard the world hits back.

>not having your head attached to your neck

>and only in the past three months did i start hearing about combining the two.
Basement dwelling NEET confirmed.

it's about organic hipsters in the cities wasting their money and then whining about lack of wealth

It is but that's what happens when you have a dozen illegals living in the same one bedroom house.

Trippy idea there user.

they don't ship well and have a hard time getting distributed to the Northeast US
They're real expensive up there
Those of us living within a days drive of SoCal and wherever it is in northern mexico experience cheap prices like 3/$1.00 or $.50 of even 1$

other places a ripe avocado fresh would cost about $3.50 maybe $5+ each during the winter

>be millennial
>spend 200 thousand dollars for degree in women's science
>spend 300 dollars a month on coffee
>go out to eat every night because microwaving macaroni and cheese is like soooooooo bad for the environment
>donate 500 dollars to bernie sanders
>spend 100 dollars a month to power a phone that sells all my information to the chinese but how else can i tell stacey to meet me at starbucks
>spend 50 dollars on facebook credits for farmville
>donate 75 dollars to planned parenthood
>take a week off work without pay to protest in washington dc
>spend 200 dollars on a custom made pussy hat
>go out to eat at gluten free pizza parlor 7 dollars a slice
>my son decided to change his gender now i need to spend 500 dollars on a new wardrobe with pink and dresses
>also i need some new clothes for myself too guess i'll spend 100 dollars at victoria secret
>after all of this is said and done i have no money left
>why am i so poor? must be those boomers stealing all my money from my paycheck
>if only the one percent paid more then i wouldn't be so poor

>organic hipster calling someone else a soyboy

kys

I didn't mention shit about no organic bro

If you hate avacados, they WIN

>It was still easier back then
It's not that it was easier. It was still hard, especially if you were starting from scratch. The ultimate difference comes from the fact that everything else was cheaper, and not just in terms of buying power. Money was worth more, sure, but it's not like it was offset by expensive houses/cars/we. All of that was just as cheap. Shops that were bought for $50k some ~30 years ago are selling now for well over $700k. Inflation is also doesn't factor into it. No way in hell is $50k from the 70's worth fucking $700k today. So they were still working hard, it was just that there was a payoff in the end. Now there's no payoff, at least not in the boomer sense (3 bedroom house in a lively suburb within 10k's of the CBD that's worth a million dollarydoos).

This is manipulative lies from the Jew media.
The younger generation know they cannot possibly afford their own home. They know they are burdened with debt. They know that there is zero job security and that living standards are dropping year on year. Plus zero interest on savings with rising inflation so no fucking point doing even that much.
>may as-well spend what you have now because there is no fucking future

WTF is avocado toast? Beaner food?
Toast is beast with a little butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar. WTF is my generation doing?

WHY DO CITY PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO FUCKTARDED AND WRONG LITERALLY EVERY TIME?

>Man makes a good point about not wasting money on pointless luxuries if you want to save money
>"Lol he can't stop me having avocado!"
I wish i could hate these people to death.

a lot of them, I imagine, they grew up watching their parents lose everything in 2007-2008+ and have probably went from house to house to house or even from house to apartment to roach infested apartment in these past years

A- pasta, would like to suggest "my wife's son" became a trans

If I'd realised this wasn't a "thing" in your town, I could made a megaton by now.
Melb:
2 slices of plain white bread (30c)
1/2 avo (50c)
Toast bread (5c)
>"have here?" "Yep"... that's $15, thanks.
Add a coffee: $20.

He meant they spend their money on impulsive, indulgent bullshit.
Millennials spend like $500 a month in coffee from starbucks.
I bought an espresso machine and spend about $20 every 2 months for beans because I'm a kike gen xer

With only a tiny bit of help from my (((middle class))) family :^)

Why do middle class people spend money on houses when they could be buying mansions in X more years?

Why do the rich buy mansions when they could own castles in X years.

Why do the super rich not buy castles, when they could buy counties in X years?

Why does anyone buy anything, when they could afford something better in one year then the last year?

By that article's logic we will finally be able to afford the best thing we can on our death beds, so why buy anything other than gruel until our last day when we'll finally be able to buy that space station.

Fuck it who needs computers, calculus and an education when you only need gruel for your family. Why even make tools, if you can use your hands to harvest and eat gruel.

Man that article really made me think.

Tl:DR:
Buy avocado toast if it makes you happy, or you'll kill capitalism.

>how to take a screenshot
Never gets old

Do you have a girlfriend or friends? I'm not trying to insult - I seriously am just curious. Most women I know would not want to live with someone without furniture

you are right that millenials would have it hard no matter what they did
but giving up and degenerating is nothing to look up to
after you were robbed of your opportunity you're also losing your dignity

>Confusing luxuries with necessities
Good goy.

It is a meme because the markup on the toast is so huge. Millennials are the only people who binge on this shit. The thing costs them so much money that it is honestly funny when they claim they're poor yet they spend too much money on some unnecessary shit. It'd be like a chronic gambler criticizing someone for not saving for retirement properly.

>not wanting a $5,000 favela next to the local cartel executioner to avoid paying tariff on a $1.30 piece of occasional fruit

Because these things are necessities, not luxury goods like avocado toast.

Honsetly, this should be an olympic sport, like the high bar.

>The burger wants to turn plants into cancer bombs again
every
fucking
time

some of us also remember the millenials buying $6+ dollar bottles of "cucumber water" a few years back. Literally $5.99 + tax for a 12 oz bottle of filtered tap water with a slice of "organic" cucumber in it.
people were buying that shit up
10 dollar avocado toast is just another example of the madness

If you work a full time job for 5 years an be a cheap bastard living with your parents you can afford a 500k house in a shithole.

we are pure evil

I just did some more math. If you cut out avocado toast, you can retire with $932,603.47 assuming the following:
- Avocado toast costs $10
- You eat it 360 days a year
- You can average an 8% ROI
- You are saving for 40 years

Presumably the idea is that millenials waste money on eating out a lot, which is true. Also on travel.

~$2 if you buy the ingredients and make it yourself.
~$15 if you buy it in a shitty cafe in SF, like my sister does

Avocado toast is a meme about how dumb city millennials cry about being poor yet they CONSTANTLY buy a shit ton of unnecessary over-priced crap, like avocado toast

remember those lime truck hijackings by the cartels and the illegal lime trade a few years ago as their marijuana business really took a nose dive?
those were fun times
Fuck you people for making me pay $2 for one fucking lime

oh yes it is. if you buy it at the rate of millennials eat avocado toast from the cafe.

ava hitler toast

DESU that was me for a while. Born in 95 I had no idea about the value of money freshman year of uni. Then I got an internship and I stopped that shit spending habit immediately. Never tried avocado toast tho. Maybe ill buy the ingredients from a grocery store like a normal person and make it for dirt cheap.

Is it actually any good or is it just bought by hipsters to feel cool?

>Uh, why cant I live in the most expensive place in the US to live!? Capitalism fucking sucks!

when "peak humanity" becomes an inescapable reality, the price of real food will spiral upward while the GMO cancer plague finally reaches africa via the west's "end world hunger" initiative. i admire the post-soviets for keeping it real, not having experienced 70 years of decadence

as I said earlier itt, toast bread, spread like butter some ripe enough avocado onto the toast, salt and pepper to taste. add some sardines for a nutritionally complete meal that will keep you running for hours