Flip Flappers

What kind of ending would you be satisfied with?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11895784
youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=60416173
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing less than a loving embrace and happy ever after, but I'm hoping for a kissu.

Cocona x Papika

Papika stays alive, that's the least I ask of them, kissu would be a nice bonus

Happy threesome ending, nothing less.

Yayaka confessing her feelings and getting rejected!

A Peter Pan end would move the show into god tier. I would be very sad but still satisfied.

responding to some things from previous thread:

Two sides of the same coin, when I say Papikana, I am referring to Papika as well. But yes, I agree.

good to hear, I hope you are right.

I usually don't waifu-fag. To give you an idea of where I am coming from, the last girl to reach waifu status for me was Tomoyo from Card Captor Sakura. Its been almost a decade since I loved an anime girl this much.

Your damn right she is!

Yayaka is nice too. All the girls in this show have their own appeal.

>Just wants a happy peaceful Sup Forums life with your dimensional abomination waifu and gay daughter
>Waifu's insane with multiple personalities
>Dad's insane because of your wife
>Daughter's slowly being mentally broken by your Waifu's antics
>Close lesbian friend is an autistic predator eyeing your daughter
Why is being Dr. Salt so much suffering?

Papika and Cocona have some kind of intimate confession.
Yayaka gets a happy ending.
Mimi fucks off.

Beware of Mimi.

Papika and Cocona (or at least Cocona and Yayaka) have an acknowledged romantic relationship. Don't need kissu but it would be great.

GOOD MIMI SURVIVES AND RETAINS HER SPOOKY POWERS BUT LIVES IN HARMONY WITH SALT AND FLFL

CCN/PPK IMPLIED YURI WITH YYK BUTTING IN

MAYBE EVEN SALTDAD GETTING DECRAZIED

FADE TO BLACK

They will kill her because it's another cliche they need to cross out from their checklist.

I'd love to be proven wrong.
Ideal ending is a happy ever after for both of them. But I'm betting we'll get something bittersweet just for the sake of it.

>Next on The Jerry Springer Show she changed her diapers but now wants to fuck her!
Defend this. Cocopapi fags.

Good man

Dark ending, maybe something that looks like a good end, but if you examine the visual clues than you realize that it's just PI fuckery.

Saltdad is dead.

agree

I just want Cockona to be happy.

The perfect ending would be this: It looks like all hope is lost, Papika and Cocona are gonna be separated, not long after confessing their feelings. Its completely like the end of Kingdom Hearts 1, as their worlds literally seperate from each other. A sad version of the ED plays as they drift away from each other, memories of their adventures from past episodes fly by the screen.

Then the memories on screen shatter like broken glass, Papika screaming that it cant end like this! Sad song transitions into the OP Song! Papika busts through the barrier forming between worlds, forcing herself into PI alongside Cocona. They live there together forever with no other human contact for all eternity, never aging, with only each other and endless adventures in PI.

>Where do you think you are.jpeg

It's a valid point as far as the Japanese audience is considered though. This isn't an eroge adaptation where people are specifically watching for the fetishes. Hell, even OreImo author was forced to break them up so that he wouldn't be burned alive. The whole step-dad issue is a problem.

>In before she just forgets and the problem is handwaved away

Papika is a cute teenager and has no relation whatsowever to the woman named Papikana

NON-YURI ENDING.

Why is Yayaka so retarded?

>Then the memories on screen shatter like broken glass
This is fucking Yuyuyu cheap happy end. Nope.

She was raised by crazy scientists

>Papika dies trying to revive Mimi
>Yayaka ends up with Nyunyu
>Cocona lives with her family happily as they remember Papika's efforts
>Becomes a proper woman of her age and marries a decent man

I don't know what you mean.

>good Mimi is restored
>Salt, Mimi and Cocona together as one happy family
>Yayaka rejected in a proper confession scene
>Cocona Papika making out
If someone can't make it because muh bittersweet it could be Mimi and/or Yayaka
There should also be something to address Papikana's past. Cocona can't just be with her without addressing that the girl literally changed her diapers in a forest for months and months

KISSU

I will fight /u/shitters with you till the end brother.

I simply can't imagine Papika doing anything lewd. Not even a kissu. It's wrong!

I am a sucker for sad/bittersweet endings that transition into happy but still bittersweet endings at the last moment.

>It's an MC is actually Dr. Manhattan episode
Okay, sure, why not.

I never come to these threads, what's the big theories for the ending?

Chocona saves the day.

Everyone is happy living in Salt's house

So, for the Japanese, blunt subtext is fine just as long as none of the characters outright acknowledge it?

This pretty much assures we won't get our yuri ending, because there's a little bit of plausible deniability.

At this point, I'd be happy if Cocona had actual romantic feelings for Papika that she gently turned down-- "I've known you since you were a baby. I love you but not that way," or whatever. But if I'm reading you and other people talking about this shit right, even that would be too much.

Honestly I think this is the most likely ending at this point

with this show, literally anything could happen. We just dont know. Its safe to say that at least Cocona and Papika will survive the Final Fight- but what happens after that is anyones guess. Most popular theory is that PI is gonna have to be sealed away, and one of them is gonna have to stay behind in PI for whatever reason.

I want to taste her chocohole.

Don't be so certain. Samurai Flamenco happened, and Yuri on Ice is a thing.

The whole "am I a lesbian" issue was completely dropped outside that one line in the love hotel, I don't see it playing a part in the ending. It's a coming of age story not a coming out one, there's just not enough narrative focus. Also, Papika is god only knows how many years old, but acts like she is half of Cocona's age. I see absolutely no way there'll be an explicit yuri ending. Sure, CocoPapi hug and hold hands but no confessions, kisses, etc.

Papika kisses Cocona and then vanishes. She gets with YYK but still meets Papika in her dreams.

>don't think too hard about Flip Flap, its a feeling anime
>because we made some questionable choices about one of the main characters, and if you think too hard it'll make you uncomfortable

But Papika does love Cocona, they spent episodes just building their realtionship, it doesn't make sense for them to destroy it

It helps that Papika rejects her older self ("I'm Papika now") and still says she loves Cocona after regaining her memories. Now all they need to do is convince us as viewers (and Cocona) that the love here is genuine.

Papika did not regain any of her memories until the end of Episode 7. Before then, she was just a girl.

>Papikana secretly loved Mimi but knew Mimi loved Salt so she played the wingman for Mimi
>Mimi got pregnant and asked Papikana for help
>Papikana acted selfish and persuaded Mimi to escape without telling Salt the truth
>Papikana helped Mimi give birth to Cocona, but had fight with Mimi because Mimi still loved Salt
>Papikana/Mimi's impedance increased and Papikana did something stupid getting them both caught by KKK
>Mimi went crazy and exploded
>Papikana knew she fucked up, was extremely guilty, dived into second impact PI for suicide/certain redemption, swore to carry out Mimi's will to protect Cocona, got turned into infant Papika with total loss of memories
>Despite loss of memories, her determination from past life left an imprint making her on a mission for look the one person of her destiny
>Found Cocona by chance
>Once again her weakness of indecisiveness led to tragic outcome for Cocona
>Papika was devastated by Mimi/Cocona once again
>Papika introspects about her weaknesses and makes the decision of life
>Papika sacrifices herself to realize her wish: good end of Cocona, and is forever stuck in PI
>Papika and Cocona have mutual yuri confession (kissu optional)
>But Cocona has to leave PI, while Papika remains behind because she sacrifices herself.
>Cocona promises to visit her every spring.
>Papika stays young, but Cocona grows older and older every year.
>All the amorphous children eventually leave PI because they want to grow up, get adopted by an older Cocona.
>Papika can't grow up, stays an immortal girl, everyone else she loves and cares about dies of old age eventually.
>After a few springs, Papika finally decides to agree to grow up, but forgets all about PI.

It just ending so I don't have to watch it no more

This. Papika is about to start a new life with Cocona. The self discovery is from both parts. While I also think a kissu would be too good to happen wouldn't discard a mutual confession yet.

what if we get the ultimate cock tease, we get the mutual confession as they hold hands and lean forward for a kiss and as their lips are just about to touch, fade to black and then credits?

Gainax ending and season 2 never
Either that, or everyone except Cocona dies.

Hey, anons
Dai kirai

POO

I'd fucking love that user wtf

for me it's not so much about seeing them kiss but them acknowledging that they love each other that way

No. Back to Sup Forums

Cocona needs to give her a big hug.

Papika dies. Yayaka wins.

Can't fool me with those digits, Satan!

This obviously won't happen, but I kinda wish I could see the fallout. I imagine a lot of people would be mad/disappointed.

What's wrong with that art? Cardiopulmonary resuscitation is so out of character and random

Yayakafags are scum

Hand holding while looking at each other is acceptable too.

>Mimi heartlessly made Papika cry

To the deepest, darkest pits of hell with her.

Find the wind - Papika's character song

>留まろうとした 愛を捨ててしまえば
>傷付く人もいない 傷付けることもない
>想いが暮れなずんで
>出会いが 運命だと信じて疑わず
>ただ駆け抜けてるだけでよかった
>見えてなかったのは 弱さ
>探しに行こう もっと深いトコまで
>理由なんてなくていい
>鮮やかな風に乗り込み
>君の音が聴こえる方へ
>カケラ光れ 夜に吸い込まれないで
>想いひとつで 届けにいくよ

Google translate:
>If I had given up the love hard to part from
>Nobody would have been hurt
>My wish is still not realized
>I truly believe that encounter is my destiny
>I'm just dashing forward
>Without seeing my weaknesses
>Let's go exploring until deeper depth
>Not needing a reason
>Riding on the shining wind
>Going after your voice
>Let the shards shine, don't let it get sucked in the dark night
>My thoughts in one, delivering it to your side

Hinting at a bittersweet/self-sacrifice/redemption end for Papika.

I want S2

>Piter Pan
>Pa Pikana
Everything is decided

>If I had given up the love hard to part from
>Nobody would have been hurt

So like never meeting Cocona?

The story was never about Cocona and/or Papika acknowledging to be lesbians despite what multiple Western commentators may have though, for Cocona it was simply a matter of discovering the feeling of love in general. The potential for an explicitly romantic ending is no different right now than it would've been if Papika had been a boy (with his backstory remaining exactly the same).

Look at the eyes, they went back to Salt's, meaning that Cocona came out for a second just to make Papika cry.

Nothing about that suggests a bittersweet end to me.

*may have thought

I'm curious who is leading in the shipping war at the moment:
strawpoll.me/11895784

Are trying to make Flip Flappers the Solaris of Anime?

It was a cruel trick, Cocona is locked away inside Mimi's penis dungeon unaware of anything.

or mimi just did that to fuck with her

>Mimi and Salt dies, probably in some sad heroic sacrifice type deal but not before saying goodbye to Cocona and Papika
>we get a CocoPapi confession and kissu
>Yayaka is Yayacucked but she's ok with it
>Cocona and Papika get ready to embark on a new adventure and the credits roll
>suddenly cut to Cocona alone in the bathroom staring at her own reflection in the mirror
>flashback reveals that Mimi had actually switched places with her baby when she destroyed the research institute
>Mimi used PI magic to transfer her consciousness into the baby and altered the mind of the baby (who is now in her body) and herself
>Mimi had planned the entire thing: flirting with and getting impregnated by Salt, deaging Papikana, the shards, etc.
>it was all to take revenge on the researchers, ensure the total destruction of the KKK and give herself and Papikana a fresh new start
>all to fulfill her dream where she and Papikana are free to go outside and have lesbian adventures
>"Cocona's" eyes in the reflection change to red and her mouth twists into a satisfied grin
>credits resume and youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g plays

Yeah, Mimi brought out the unconscious Cocona just so she could tell Papika that she hates her one more time before falling asleep again for a few minutes. Mimi just changed her eye color to fuck with her.

diabolical

Literally satan

Satan's got good taste.

>satans a yayakafag

figures

>Cockona

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=60416173

Impeccable taste.

DELETE THIS

We are getting a kiss.

So how do the Japanese see it? How is the audience supposed to consume this media? Do they just think it's normal for their relationship to be borderline romantic (since they're really young) and not worth exploring in that much depth? Or do they think that a "just friendship" can have what we see as romantic elements and still be normal?

That last argument kind of puts me in the mood that it doesn't matter whether we get romantic resolution or not. In the west we think that love isn't real unless it's consummated with a good fucking, but I can see how that might not be the case. I'd still like to see them deliriously happy together, though.

I like the thing about Cocona learning to experience love, romantic or otherwise, though. That's more inspiring than anything else.

Their shitposting thread is depressingly similar too.

>visit relative in hospital
>mfw it's called "Asklepios"

Pottery end. Salt/Mimi=love story with bad ending. Cocopapi=love story with good ending. I don't think anyone but Mami will die.

It would really fit with the just adolescence meme.

You will never find satisfaction. Anime appeals to the modern male who is apathetic to a meaniful existence. His only concern is his own shallow dreams and aspirations. He shuns the world because it isnt as real as his fantasies. The world has expectations and you must work to earn what you keep. Anime has an unlimited harem who satisfies his every need and desire. This is the means by which a man increasingly adores himself and creates a prison in his mind. The saddest thing is that he is not happy with his own company and must constantly pursue and hoard his obsession so that his vain desires will be fulfilled. A sad existence only made more pathetic as time marches on.

You know what you must do, user. Burn it to the ground.

To the Japanese "experimentation" is almost expected and not really considered abnormal, especially at younger ages. However, acting out on this is bad and evil. Basically, the tease is good, but the followthrough is bad.

Where did the amorphous fragment Salt gives Yayaka at the end come from? Weren't ALL fragments absorbed into Cocona?

GoodMimi gave him a new shard to carry on his mission.