So japs seem to love german for some reason. Why can't they just hire a translator and get this shit right?

so japs seem to love german for some reason. Why can't they just hire a translator and get this shit right?

This is so triggering holy shit. Like all they could bother was google translate.

It's the same for pretty much every other language. They use foreign stuff because it is cool and nothing more

Jap anime viewers dont see anything wrong with it and buy bds anyway. Their profit margins are so small hiring any extra talent would be stupid.

Its not like an extra talent is needed. Just pay some nerd 10$ on twitter to proofread and you're set.

Hiring a translator costs money and they can barely afford to eat as is.

Fuck it, I'd even do it for free. Where do I sign up

you'd get paid about 10 dollars per month

Izetta

They probably had some translator, but probably not a German.

No idea. Germs are always mad.

you take that back

Being fair, The japs DO have an obsession with germany in general. a lot of characters in anime/manga and jap vidja tend to be straight up german instead of just leaving it as an abiguos foreigner.

The also do the same with MURICANS!!!!

Can we get a literal translation from Nazi to American?

What would be the correct translation?

Where did they mess up?

For a few minutes of work.

>It's the same for pretty much every other language
?
SnW was on point

Same for gundam.

Be glad such a shitty language is even used once in a while in anime.

the meaning is correct, but the grammar is off. It's like you ask google translate for the right words, mix them up and throw them on a piece of paper.

"[..] who loved and was loved by this town,
who was more than [anyone??] in this town,
Respected Dr. Frankenstein"

That's actually almost correct. They tried.

axis power buttbuddies

Do you not find it endearing?
The Japanese fuck up English all the time and everyone just finds it adorable.

Germs don't know joy.
Only jealousy and bitterness.

>endearing
I had to look that word up.
Yes, maybe. It's cringy tho, so that I flat-out couldn't enjoy certain parts of anime because of that shit.

Certainly helps if you don't understand shit and it's just all "nazi nazi bratwurscht" anyway

I've seen this complaint several times now. I don't know if it's a cultural difference or there's something about the language that makes Germans get so annoyed at this while anglophones just laugh it off. Heck, we have whole websites dedicated to bad Engrish.

>so Japs seem to love German for some reason
>some reason

in the Shōwa-era (1926-1989) there were 3 global economic superpowers (not named japan)
----------------
England
USA
Germany
----------------
Consider the following. You're an island nation dependent on foreign trade for modern raw materials to maintain a modern society. Due to this dependence on trade what languages do you think your government might make manditory for students to learn in highschool?

English
German

It wasn't till the 90s that Japanese schools started to offer other languages such as Mandarin, Korean and Spanish (all of which represent languages which are spoken by MAJOR trade partners of japan)

>Germany
>Global economic supperpower
>1926-1989
lmao

I wonder how many times I've seen this thread over the years. It's like replacement, no matter how often you say it you'll never get anywhere because you talk to a wall of new people every time. For sure these threads are worse now though.

I grieve for your schooling.

from 1932-1939 GERMANY was the 3rd largest ecconomy in the world

WEST Germany from 1950-1989 was the 2nd or 3rd largest economy in the world (Japan passed it for no.2 on the list in 1986)

Germany from 1989-now; has been remained as one of the top 5 economies in the world.

I think it's the double translations that make the difference.
>"Hell no, not German with English grammar again, as if we didn't get enough of that in American movie translations already"
...that's my guess for the thought process

Which is very likely what they did.

Hey that first line is actually good.
Also the German in Izetta and Schwarzesmarken was great.
Outside of the title at least

THey are not always mad. They simply do not laugh. That kills the German.

then what do you call the Holocaust?

German is a language that very easily loses its rythm/melody when you mess up grammar or pronounce things wrong.
And it's also strange that in anime they try to prounce words as if they were english.
And let's not even begin with the seemingly complete impossibility for native English speakers to pronounce things right