Brave Witches

>Take a well liked, established squad in brave witches.
>Announce they are getting an anime all the way back in 2013
>Instead of being about said popular squad, it will be mainly about two Japanese [Fuso] original characters and their forced drama while the others are pushed to the background.
>Also add a ton of quality and CG to the anime.

Did they want to kill all interest in witch stuff?

I dunno man I kinda like it.

Then you werent a fan of the 502 before the anime.

Where are the asses, man?

I just want them to kill each other. That would be fun.

Maybe it'll get fixed in the blu-ray?

Maybe I didn't miss out by not watching it.

I hope so. If they add three or four gratuitous ass shots to every episode, I'm sure my enjoyment of this would go up quite a bit. I still like it, though.

Maybe if she went with the Silent Witches in the very beginning like she was supposed to, it would've been better?

It's kind of annoying. Every episode is 80% Hikari, Nipa and Naoe while everyone else gets ignored. I think Georgette and Sadako have gotten maybe six lines throughout the entire show.

They really should have done this season more like the first season of Strike Witches and given all of the characters a chance to shine.

That will be harder to draw then adding CG models.

While I did enjoy the anime. I have to agree with this user. It didn't quite feel like strike witches without dozens of panty shots in the middle of battles. also the episodes felt backwards from strike witches. in strike witches yoshika was paired up with random people during an episode but it was still that persons episode as you got to know them and their motives. In brave witches it felt more like hibiki was paired with someone but it was still about her with a little info given on the paired witch.

If it had been about just the 502nd post movie, that would have been the best. Instead they had to make up a new hive that was never mentioned in season 2 of strike witches. I understand this "series" will never end but that shit is annoying.

I wish it'd been more of Hikari tagging along with others instead of others tagging along with Hikari. I think it's that simple.

I hope they'll lose their towels in all the sauna scenes. I mean, who wears a towel in a sauna?

Strike Witches was saved by Shirley's boobs.

As much as I would have liked Strike Witches without the nude and the crotch shots, it did add a lot to its charm.

Sanya's puffy cooch is forever stuck in my brain.

Brave Witches need a scene to match that.

I mean thats what made the original so good.

I was a huge advocate for doing an anime with the 502nd as I always found them to be the most appealing group.

That being said, I quite like Hikari. I wasnt sure when I heard that there would be an anime original girl in the series but she was quite endearing from day 1 and I think fits into the squad nicely.

Takami was a mistake though.

The Sanya episodes were the best episodes.

Liking Hikari doesnt mean crap though. I wanted a brave witches 502nd series. I didnt want her to be a part of a story she shouldnt have been in.

I can barely remember them but I still feel warm and fuzzy.

This is like the fifth time this same thread has been made. You should try using archives sometimes.
And we complain about the season every week during Wednesday episode release thread anyways for the past 8 weeks by now.

In every episode ya blind man, they're just more blurred and out of focus in those shots where they show up usually. Sure, there's less of em now too, but they're still there, just more subtle. I like it this way but doesn't help with the rest of the show at all.
This shot was from the last episode, you have to be blind to ignore this.

They were Eilanya episodes though, feat. Miyafuji.

This.

>watching strike witches anime
>not expecting fuso bullshit all day every day

>Sure, there's less of em now too, but they're still there, just more subtle. I like it this way

Strike Witches is known for its gratuitous ass shots, though. I don't understand the decision to suddenly make it more subtle.

>They were Eilanya episodes though, feat. Miyafuji.
Not the season 1 episode. Eila felt like a tag-along.

>have one of the best fanservice in anime, complete with loli cameltoes in prequel
>give budget, hardly any existence in sequel
Flop deserved.

They already had Sadako and Naoe for the Fuso quotient.
The original short story introducing the 502 already had the perfect setup, with Sadako as the newcomer meeting everyone. But for whatever reason, they decided that wasn't good enough, and they had to do it again with another Fuso newcomer.

Only those who actually haven't watched the show, know it for those butt shots ecchi stuff. Those who are fans, know it for its vast variety of characters and alternate ww2 fun times that are still interested in the franchise. Waifufagging is after all one of the strongest powers on this board still.
SL said in February when announcing more info on the project during the big event that they're making this season more serious, that's why toning down the ecchi parts of the season. This isn't listed as ecchi as a genre anymore either, just action and military.

But that's wrong. Go rewatch it.

It's not a flop though at all commercially. And that's what matters to producers and the studio. Quality wise, yeah it's a shame of a season.

SW had gratuitious crotch shots everywhere and even some nude and an episode where half the base goes commando. BW fanservice is nowhere near that.

>But that's wrong. Go rewatch it.
I did recently. Eila felt much more like a tag along. It was a pure Sanya episode with just Eila being obsessed about her in some parts.

Dont argue with that namefag.

>As much as I would have liked Strike Witches without the nude and the crotch shots, it did add a lot to its charm.

Well said.

>Waifufagging is after all one of the strongest powers on this board still.
Waifufagging is the cancer killing this board.

You can be a fan and like the fanservice as well, it's not contradictory. On the contrary, you're not a true witch fan if you don't like the panties.

>But that's wrong.
Not him and I watched it 2 weeks ago. Sanya was clearly the main for that ep.

>liked the 502nd beforehand
>have no qualms with Hikari
>Like Brave WItches just hate the production value
Don't just out and speak for everyone fagtron.

Yeah, it isn't near, but the butts are still there to what user complained about. Again, just nearly not as often they were previously, but still are on the frames.
There were no nude shots in SW, those were fan edited in with the vulvas. Unless you meant just witches nude in general, well you need to wait for BD's of this season to make that comparison whether we will have naked witches or not with BW. There has been quite a lot of sauna scenes, so if they end up without towels, that's considerable amount of scenes.

I did recently as well when we did the Sup Forums marathon. I guess we just feel differently, because that's definitely not how I saw Eila in that episode.

Can't argue with that.

Oh yeah, who doesn't like panties, I just don't care if they're there or not because I'm more interested in what the witches do and stuff, like battles and base shenanigans.

Sadoko should have been the main character. The series should have started with the twitter story and moved on from there.

Pretty much my opinion. 502nd girls are excellent. Hikari is a nice addition. Battles and Neuroi design are quite creative and interesting but completely ruined by the bad CGI

hey I wanted to thank the kind user who pointed me in the direction of these nice mods

speaking of Neuroi, I haven't been able to recognize what any of them were based on this season
does anyone have a chart or something?

You are retarded if you call them comparable.

Personally, I like Hikari. She isn't a Mary Sue and actually has to put in painful effort into becoming better. The rest of the squad sees this and comes to like her.

No charts have been made so far. The neuroi this season seem to be influenced by animals and just pure fictional stuff, without any basis on aircraft like previous seasons had, given there has been few ground based neuroi too now.
Pretty sure there's nothing man made that resembles this episode 4 neuroi in the world for example, save for maybe some microscopic organism or something.

Ok, thanks Satan, you're always my greatest ally.

I'm with you guys. Here's hoping for some great BDs.

Flying ray
Land shape-shifting calmar.

It all makes sense now.

In all seriousness, the designs in BW felt pretty random, but some of them were interesting. I really like the idea of a dummy core to fake death.

I don't really have a problem with Hikari herself, I just wish characters other than her Naoe, and Nipa got screentime. The reason I was hyped for this anime is because I wanted to see the characters that I liked for so long get the love they deserve but that doesn't really happen unless it's within their own episodes. That's the big complaint I have with the BW anime. The CG and the fights might also be shit, but that's not something new so it doesn't get to me as much.

>I would have liked Strike Witches without the nude and the crotch shots
fag

>I didnt want her to be a part of a story she shouldnt have been in.
The writer is the one who decides if a character should be in a story, not you.

Dipshit.

Yeah, well, you're the one who decides on your sexual orientation, but that's not gonna stop me from calling you a faggot.

It's actually the director who came up with Hikari most likely, since he was the one to come up with Akane in Vividred and SW was about Miyafuji and Mio's story. He really loves his genki shujinkos.
If I recall right, he came up with Miyafuji, not Fumikane which is an huge exception. The director now changed 502nd structure Fumikane originally had came up with half a decade ago by adding up Hikari now. Just saying.
But writers are in charge of the rest as you say.

That one looks like a virus.

Miyafuji was made when the 501st was being designed and constructed.

The 502nd dynamic and designs have been out for YEARS and they decide to drop Hikari and Takami in for no fucking reason. They arent even with them in the base during the fucking movie.

I guess they will come up with some reason to make leave the 502nd so as not to contradict the movie.

Oh of course because fuck fans of the 502nd. We had to have Hikari's story, not the 502. If there is a 2nd brave witches, watch them plop her back in.

>come up with some reason
You mean how Hikari isn't even really to be stationed there, and Takami was only being used to assist with the hive? It's not like it wasn't obvious the writing would line itself up. Because that's so hard to make up.

Hikari is getting huge.

Can I hope for season 2? Can I hope for them fleshing out the GO MARU NI?

We can hope together, user.

You can, the show should be a success at the merchandise sector, which is unfortunate that this show seemingly was made money in mind completely. No, you can't hope for improvements though, since they manage to sell now well while producing low quality shit.
I wouldn't hope for more seasons anymore if it's like this season was, just manga. More manga is good, there's even two mango series running right now. Both of which are entertaining.

If we get another season then at the very least they wouldn't have to introduce the characters we've known for years. No clue if they'll actually have character exist outside their own episodes though. I want to be hopeful about it, but I can't say I am.

I'm not enjoying this one as much as the first series. The characters are okay, but the formula is probably just kind of stale. I think I liked the sub-group relationships from the first one, and I haven't seen that much in this one yet. I do enjoy the occasional cunny shots, though.

Will she ever fly again like Miyafuji?

I wouldn't of minded the more focused approach if they wanted to tell a more serious war coming of age story with more drama. But they kept the tone and episodic nature of the original, but your right the large cast is wasted by putting many characters into the background.

When they said itd be more serious I was expecting more of a war drama. I was expecting the ecchiness to come down but to be replaced with some more drama. More of a legitimate drama. Not saying I wanted to see witches bleeding but it needs something to. Add excitement to up the ante.

The formula is stale. I kind of blame it on the fact that it's been made by three different studios so it was made safe instead of upping the ante or having a change up.

Takami is a lovely waifu-tier girl but her drama was really stupid.

I don't really think we'll see any more witches again, after this inevitably tanks.

I fucking hate nostalgiafags so much.