Where does he rank among the worst protagonist ever?

Where does he rank among the worst protagonist ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-tj_IzTJ2Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Before you.

The anime might be shit (opinions) but why is he supposed to be a shit MC? There's only one episode where he goes full retard but that's it.

He's not very likable but not terrible.

He's terrible but he's still above aberrations like 98% of harem MCs, Yukiteru, and Inaho.

He's dumb not to exploit his power to its fullest extent. He could've done a better job.

There's an "alternate universe" chapter of the LN where he does. Things go to shit, Emilia becomes fully dependent on him, and tries to dress up as and act like Rem.

Post good MC who could've done a better job.

>pic related
Would've easily won over anyone.

and he gets literally beaten the shit out of for being one, and then many times after that, also humiliated and scammed.

seriously, despite all the shit this show gets, the mc is not one of the bad parts, at least not for me.

Any keikaku doori style MC really, but yeah he was based as fuck.

Meh, not really bad.
Started getting annoyed by him later on.
Not as cringey as others.
Especially shonen MC's are worse.

You better hope for a season 2 then. Make sure to eat your words when it happens.

What happens?

He starts treating people as set-pieces rather than people. Becomes a full sociopath. Lives around antire centuries of loops. Mega-perfectionist. Everyone hates and fears him and he broke all of his promises with Rem on betting himself as a person.

As per usual.

>MC becomes a turbo edgelord

sasuga japan

A bit vague.

Well that's what happens when you use RbD to your fullest extent. When you can re-spawn what is the use of forming relationships with people right?

>He starts treating people as set-pieces rather than people. Becomes a full sociopath. Lives around antire centuries of loops. Mega-perfectionist. Everyone hates and fears him and he broke all of his promises with Rem on betting himself as a person.

Does he become an edgelord like Lelouch and Light? Then I approve.

By this logic, Shinji from Eva must be shit too.

But he is shit

He is, he was just unique at the time.

RbD is a curse not a gift, you lose yourself when re-looping many times. Which is what Echidna and Satella wants anyhow.

Yeah he goes full kekaiku by having Emilia win the king candidacy and being used as a pawn since she can't do anything without Subaru's approval. Ram lost all her bantz with Subaru and started treating him as a cold superior since Subaru wormed his way up higher than Roswaal in the status ladder. He also blackmailed and manipulated a number of people, mostly Reinhardt and Felt causing both to dislike him. There there is best bro Otto who helped him escape out of prison leaving the faction because of how atrocious Subaru was, his final words being "Once, I thought of you as my friend". Then there is also Beatrice who Subaru forced out of her library but burning it. etc. etc.

>he goes full kekaiku

I want to believe!

youtube.com/watch?v=K-tj_IzTJ2Y

What about that bitch girl whatever she was called, the one that had Shockmaster dude as her kinight, what happened to her?

Priscilla is shady as fuck as always. Nothing changed with her since she is always winning.

>forced out of her library but burning it
This is meanest thing he could ever do.

Well, yes.

>Implying they will ever show that timeline

The only thing we will see in season 2 is him slowly turning into an archbishop and becoming an apostle of greed.

He should just usurp the kingdom really.

Are you dumb?

Truth to be told, most of the cast turn into bitches and whores once they lose something themselves. Subaru always pulled the shortest stick and died as result.

Technically, he can leave everything and go live a comfy life somewhere else. He happens to be a faggot himself so it will not get anywhere anyway.

He kind of can't because Satella is a thing so.

Does he ever meet her personally?

Everyone this is an AU ending in which he doesn't value his life. This is what happens when he decides to abuse his looping power. Subaru does NOT become a turbo edgelord in the main storyline
With a knight like Reinhard that's something impossible. Reinhard is the strongest thing in this series, even stronger than Satella.

Why didn't Subaru just tell his enemies about his condition so Satella could shut them up?

He's a pretty good protagonist. His personality is shit and unrelatable but this makes it easier to watch him suffer(enjoyable even). Even if I get put off him by his personality I still think he is a good MC since it is still early and he has plenty of room for character growth. I doubt he can be such a cuck for Emilia for much longer. It will be worth watching the sperg out when he takes the redpill and starts feeling shame for his lack of power over himself and pride.

Satella gains more and more presence the more he tries to tell someone about his ability. She would eventually manifest herself and consume the world with her shadows. She also has the ability to permakill Subaru so that would be a bad thing

Right around here

He just needs to try harder.

Manipulate those anarchists and turn the whole kingdom into a fat civil war.

Nah it nearly happened when the residents and villages of the faction saw Subaru lost an eye. It didn't end well.

I'm telling you, even with all of the 9 authorities absorbed Subaru couldn't hope to touch him, he'd easily sqaush that rebellion and turn everything to normal and with his ability to gain any divine blessings he wishes he could become the greatest king in eternity for Lugnica

Because it only targets those who are dear to him not his enemies. If he qas able to do that Bete and the whale would be long dead.

Subaru is cute and has suffered enough. Please don't bully him.

go to bed rem.

Yes. She tried to copy Rem who Subaru loved the most. Subaru got triggered and started bashing her, killing himself before he got absorbed and imprisoned.

That is really really gay, how in the fuck can anyone enjoy this literal pile of shit that is this series?

>Rem who Subaru loved the most
What happened to Emilia?

She's a filthy dumb skank, she can't actually do anything on her own

Subaru stops liking her because of that?

It isn't. Reinhard is the hero of the setting, he's the wishfullfilment MC this series was supposed to have. Reinhard is a hero and can ever only be a hero.

Create a fat fucking mess and blame it on Reinhard so he commits suicide.

So why is subaru stuck cleaning after his massive faggotry every single arc, for a hero he is completely fuck useless.

No he still loves her, but once Rem is awakened from her coma Emilia will be sidelined so hard it won't even be funny.

If Sasuke and Guts are a 10/10 and Naruto and luffy are a 1/10 I would say he is a 7.5/10

Emilia was a by-product of Subaru's hero fantasy/complex which Rem rectified. Emilia was Subaru's silver-haired heroine of the story. He even got her to confess one time only for Subaru to backpedal hard.

Because Reinhard isn't everywhere. Also, the witch cult is something I wouldn't underestimate. The Archbishop of Greed (third most powerful character in the series) has the ability to kill him with his op self-timestop ability.

That's way too much credit, subaru is like a 2.5/10. Even when he actually stops being a meme he is still fairly retarded.

I don't mind Rem being the one but where does that leave Emilia?

Like I said, completely Fucking useless.

Are you speaking with arc 4+ in mind or are you just talking about post from-zero Subaru from anime?

Arc 4+ cause literal assrabbits and other assorted retardation.

>There are still people who don't realize that Subaru is the unwilling big bad of this series

Wew lad

Emilia can still be the main heroine without being the main love interest you know. Plus there is the Satella shit going on with her and the possible love spell Subaru has on her.

>unwilling

user you can't beat what has absolute offence and defence. If Greed didn't have a weakness he would be the strongest character in the entire series, and his weakness was well hidden.

*has for her

What are you talking about? He was pretty damn smart about everything and planned shit. Its just there is always something that fucks up his plans. Like wifebeater Roswaal for example.

Literally nobody expected assrabbits to happen. Plus Subaru was willing to cut off his arm, bite off his tounge, lose an eye lose 3 fingers and pull throwing knives implaned into his body to use as a weapon to fight, gain an advantage and info. Then killing himself/letting himself die when the losses for a loop gets too much.

No way, Subaru a shit he isn't that shit.

I really want to see how you could do arc 4+ any better than what Subaru did.

Simple. Make a gun.

I don't know if you are being serious or not.

Didn't he already treat people like NPCs when he first arrived? Talk about a fucking progression right there.

Yeah, with Reinhardt's possible motives that's probably going to do more good for Reinhardt than bad.

Or not be retarded and make him your pawn. Like what Subaru did.

Shinji is a beta weak little bitch for the entire series.

He isn't there yet so its unwilling. Once Subaru requests help from the Witches like Echidna and Daphene on how to make mabeasts like the white whale and great spirits like Puck is only then you can say at that point he is willing.

Best MC of 2016. Kazuma is close but not quite.

For the record, why wouldn't it be possible to just make a gun? I know a modern firearm would be impossible, simply because of the difficulty of producing proper cartridges, but wouldn't some shit matchlock tube work as long as you knew how to make gunpowder?

Can anyone spoonfeed me LN arc 4+? I was following until I realized theres no translations, has there been any progress or is it still dead?

Go to the main Re:zero thread with the mega file

Because a gun would be pretty fucking useless against things that Subaru is fighting against like immortal vampire Elsa. Other than that it takes too much time and effort that plus pre-requesite knowledge of other mechanisms to make an effective firearm that doesn't bounce off platemail.

It isn't a matter of is it possible to make a gun but rather is it worth the valuable time and effort to make one?

You also forgot he let himself willingly get tortured by a witch to gain info.

Guns are useless in this setting against anyone who's serious. You think a gun can take down Reinhard or Julius? Elsa moves faster than bullets, for instance.

The point is that Subaru's so far behind, he can't physically catch up. Ever.

>※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
>
>※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
>
>※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
>
>※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
>
>※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
>
>※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
>
>※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
>
>※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
>

Worse than SHinji but better than Kirito.

Hes in the rank: Doesnt act like a human.
Id have easier time watching rezero if the canon was hes really a dog or an alien inside.

Nah kazuma won when he enjoyed red wine between a couple g's quite literally unbeatable.

>This happens
>Subaru's got authority of sloth (and greed in arc 5)
>Subaru can read the gospel now
It's basically confirmed that Subaru will get all of the authorities and take his rightful place as the Cardinal of Sin.

Priscilla is gone off to do things with Pride

To be fair the Witches are a fun group to be around plus Subaru has the most entertaining conversations with them.

>Girl: “By the way—'Baru. Are you a baddie?”
>Subaru: “...be something you could tell me... what?”
>The girl's legs sway and the chair rattles as she goes back and forth. She pouts.
>Girl: “Iiii saaaaiiiiid,”
>Girl: “Are you a baddie—or not a baddie. Which?”
>Subaru: “Every human is a creature of sin, for which living cannot proceed devoid of victims. Thus, we may have become criminals upon the very instant of our conception in this world. But even so, people live. They are aware that although it produces victims, they cannot acquire things of worth without creating those victims... or such kind of philosophical banter feels pointless with a little girl but, is that what you mean?”

-------

>Endless torture in the deepest ring of hell—which ends suddenly.
>Woman: “With my fists, I'll restore the world! With my anger, I'll purify the world! My wrath, my healing fists, are how I answer!”
>The next instant, the would shatters, broken to pieces by the force transferred through Subaru to the wall. The rain of punches stops, and next comes the feeling of something soft. He's back in the field with the tea party.
>Subaru gets up and looks around, dumbstruck. The girl strides over to his side, patting her hair down, and glares at Subaru.
>Woman: “Right arm!”
>Subaru: “Hweh!? Uh, yesmaam!”
>Subaru unconsciously raises his right arm at him being called, to find that his arm is properly back in place and everything to his fingertips is back and restored.
>Woman: “Legs!”
>Subaru: “Are there too. I can stand, walk, moonwalk!”
>He hops up to his feet and indeed does a confirmatory moonwalk. The girl crosses her arms and nods with full satisfaction as she watches Subaru slide away across the field.

I wouldn't mind hanging out with such a chill group of psychopaths.

>to show that his legs work he does a moon walk
Subaru is fucking based.

>With a knight like Reinhard that's something impossible. Reinhard is the strongest thing in this series, even stronger than Satella.
The power to manipulate time is retarded OP.
It doesn't matter who he's against they will eventually make a mistake and then at this point he can exploit it.

Not that bad. He has gotten better.

First and last, he's great because he's terrible.

Hold on, why is reinhardt so op? Does he have a blessing of never losing at anything or something?

>He's dumb not to exploit his power to its fullest extent. He could've done a better job.
>Hes in the rank: Doesnt act like a human.
>Simple. Make a gun.

Wow when people baited before they at least tried, so what is with this low quality bait.

Seems like a bunch of people here don't get the idea behind a zero to hero story.

Without a zero there is no hero.

Because he is the hero of the story, he is the guy that is supposed to the the op main character. You really didn't think that Subaru had the title of "Hero" in his world did you?