Is it true?

Is it true?

One has good looking artstyle, nice characters and top tier waifu, you tell me.

Gainax is the Seth Macfarlane of anime. Creates only meme shows for the lowest common denominator

I hate both, but Family Guy mixes its animation with its crude humor and references poorly, while Panty and Stocking does that extremely well. It's why FG is a dull animated show to watch, while P&S is enjoyable on a superficial level, just to see the next piece of animation.

This has some merit to it honestly.

If PSG was American, Sup Forums would trash it to hell and back.

Agreed. Meg is best girl.

If it was American it would probably be on Sup Forums

This.

there are plenty of english language cartoons that I like
gravity falls for instance I liked a lot.

like?

both are shit

All of them.

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

>le ebin Sup Forums copypasta
Neck yourself

I can't speak for all of those, but Eva is legit well made and FLCL tries to be a very surreal experience over waifufaggotry,

get this hothead out of here immediately

>while using a squid girl reaction image

One's more appealing to watch. Family Guy designs are just the same eyes and same neutral pose, and the referential humor tends to simply just be a joke that the writers wanted to shoehorn in.

>one is continues infinitely and gets stale and annoying pretty fast
>other was actually funny, interesting, had likable characters, ended with a big twist and can't get a second season six years later
Even a cure if taken too much becomes a deadly poison, and a poison at right dosage can be a cure.

They're both shit but PSG actually understands that you cant drag the same jokes on for over a decade. Family Guy relies on people hitting each other, "remember that one time" gags, and referencing something for no reason and that alone is supposed to be funny. While humor is subjective though Family Guys is objectively trash at least PSG has actual animation, a pretty good soundtrack and an art style that hasnt been replicated over and over again.

>funny
literally most of it is swearing
>interesting
what about it is interesting? their pantsu?
>likeable characters
no character in the show has any redeeming qualities whatsoever
>big twist
stocking being evil? that was an asspull for the sake of a dumb joke to finish off the show

>100x100 4kb

>FLCL tries to be a very surreal experience over waifufaggotry,

you don't actually believe this, do you?

What a stupid post, it wouldn't be an anime if it wasn't Japanese.

it's like a david lynch experimental film

but with waifus

That's his point, that Sup Forums is just a bunch of weebs.

>Wings of Honneamise
>tastefully done

okay.

truly the david lynch of anime

We wouldn't be here discussing if it wasn't in the first place, now would we?

Liking anime doesn't mean hating Western things or thinking they're necessarily inferior. This thread is about a supposed hypocrisy on the part of anime fans.

notice the tone, the dialogue and the pacing. it's all very surreal

too bad it's kinda shit

There wouldn't be any comparison, let alone discussion on Sup Forums, if it wasn't an anime.

PSG was complete trash.

Memeing retards only care about it because muh ruined Christmas.

Duh, you'd keep to hating something that's essentially the same though.

That because family guy references 3DPD

Is that so? I don't think they're comparable at all. They're completely different in my view since they follow different formulas.

>Eragon: fantasy bullshit
>LOTR: fantasy bullshit
See how it means literally nothing

The four episodes of plot that PSG has is are better than what FG will ever hope to be.
Also, in PSG, at least the jokes fit into the flow of the episode and aren't random "just like the time when..." interjections.

Being a Japanese take on Western cartoons, as well as a celebration of animation is general, is what P&S has going for it.

FG is just an animated family sitcom that is thirty minutes of stupid. Macfarlane has made better with American Dad. But what's really sad is shows like Simpsons and SP that used to shit on it are less watchable than Family Guy. Bob's Burgers is actually funny though.

>Eragon
I almost forgot about it, user. Why would you remind me?

Family Guy is shit on because classic Simpsons is the granddaddy standard, that it never reached. (as seen by the first cancellation of FG).

>it's like a david lynch experimental film
lol

If it was American it would be animated entirely in garbage 3DCG and the tone would be entirely different.

B-b-but... mai waifu...

P&S always remainded me of Invader Sim's artsyle

maybe a little more "shapy"

Not really, seeing how family guy is a long running series and PSG is meant to be a quick 1 cour laugh.

South Park has really lost it the past two seasons. It needs to cut the continuity crap.

Wasn't there an announcement from Gainax West about PSG. What happened?

>Bob's Burgers
More inane than King of the Hill with none of the character chemistry.

The other one is Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

>none of the character chemistry
Not him, but what? That's its biggest strength if anything.

American Dad > Family Guy

Family Guy is fucking boring and the "humor" is not even dated with 1980s pop culture references, is just FG style is universally cringy

/thread

>comparing PSG to family guy
>not drawn together

pachinko

Sp become shit when they started current events

Bobs burgers characters are all basically inhuman.

Both are fucking trash to be honest.

Who were the gay elf and yellow guy supposed to be based off? The others are pretty clear cut.

Link and spongebob.

I get Spongebob but not Link. Is there more to it than him just being a green bishie? They already have not-Pikachu

I dont remember it much but the elf didnt know he was gay until someone pointed it out to him. He thought he was straight cause he had to save a princess all the time. And also I read it somewhere.

>Is there more to it than him just being a green bishie
No. All the characters in that show just had their one quirk.

PSG didn't overstay it's welcome, wich makes it comfy and memmorable, unlike FG wich is at this point just beating a dead horse.

It always did current events though.
It became shit when it got all preachy about it

If your humor is on the dumb side, the best course of action is to not give your audience time to dwell on it. That's primarily where Family Guy fails.

The biggest difference between Panty and Stocking and Family Guy is that Panty and Stocking actually makes me laugh.

Recent Family Guy is shit, the comedic timing is horrible. They'll tell a joke and just drag it out for far too long, or just leave it sitting there, it's excruciating.

Why does Sup Forums know what Family Guy is? Not the name or that it exists, but know enough information to even argue about this.

Who the fuck are you people? Fuck off normalfags or go to Sup Forums. Don't talk about your shitty western fuck here.

Sup Forums trashed it to hell and back when it was airing like some sort of reverse TTGL

but Gainax's charm shown through

I dare you to find anyone who doesn't think billy and mandy is good. American shows can be done well too regards to comedy

Tbh it is better than american dad or that black guy show.

It isn't like Simpsons is good anymore so if you want some fresh air, family guy is there for you.

>mfw Futurama deserved better

This

>it's a "people think CG is inherently bad" episode

You got it wrong, OP. No one here thinks every Chinese cartoon is good, we think no western cartoon has ever been good.

yeah it's not like we grew up watching Cartoon Network or anything.

I don't give fuck, I'm just mad that Grand Tour is shit. Give me back old Top Gear!

>hehehoho
>why do you have knowledge on things Sup Forums?
>why aren't your reveling in your ignorance like me?
>g-get out, you only belong if you're ignorant and proud!

jesus i want to die

>Not Stewie
Fuck off

user, you should try watching more than anime. You might even have fun at it. I recommend Archer. Also second Top Gear is great.

I'm not sure if I'd personally describe it as "surreal experience" but it's true that FLCL isn't really about waifufaggotry.
The girls are far from being just waifus anyway as they're pretty much selfish bitches and the series is much more about Naota's development than idealizing girls.

No

That show was fucking awful. Should've stayed dead after that pilot episode.

Billy and Mandy is mostly hit and miss, you want good comedy you go watch Courage.

Do elaborate.