youtube.com/watch?v=z6ow-owjguA
youtu.be/vO3XF0pvVfE?t=17m40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They must be under 18.

i can't find any good ones except for the main stream shit help pls

Lurk more.

>phoneposter is spamming shitpost threads

you think you are special or something? kys

why do these recurring threads always trigger people?

I watch some. Finished Saber Marionette J not too long ago. It was okay, had some good parts, but ultimately it is just a harem with typical harem/filler/children's cartoons plots. The coolest thing was the character design, and it wasn't bad. It's probably on the level of an average seasonal filler anime, something everyone watches but whose highest quality is that it's new. Like AmaBuri or Korean Zombie.

Also saw Now and Then Here and There. It was a good anime, and the visuals stood out the most. So many great images. The music is also really good, and the plot is interesting. The worst part is the anti abortion message forced onto you.

Not currently putting any real effory into anything 90s, but occasionally see an episode of Turn A Gundam or Brain Powerd.
May pick up Initial D or that other popular, but never talked about sports anime from 1998, when I finish Ace wo Nerae if I still want more sports.

I watched Gokudo not too long ago. It was the most fun I had with an anime in a while. Purely low class 90's schlock. I loved it.

The 90s artstyle is the best.

Thought it would be great but it was shit dropped it after 2 eps

What's a 90's anime? No seriously I don't know what you're talking about. All I know is before and after 2000's.

worst artstyle

>Finished Saber Marionette J not too long ago. It was okay, had some good parts, but ultimately it is just a harem with typical harem/filler/children's cartoons plots. The coolest thing was the character design, and it wasn't bad. It's probably on the level of an average seasonal filler anime, something everyone watches but whose highest quality is that it's new.

I can't deny that all of this is true. But I also can't deny it's still one of my favorite series even after 20 years.

>animes
>image.jpg
>blatant request post
>kys

I see what's going on here.

Shhh, this thread is meme.

Princess Nine was the never talked about 1998 sports anime I was thinking about.
Is it good? (Could it be used to strengthen the argument for spring 98 being one of the best seasons ever?)

(Never mind, spring 98 isn't that strong.)

bumbb

I guess I should say some more, then.

Please watch Rayearth. The opening song is one of the best and worst, for the second season
It's a show I love

>No more news about that new saber project
JUST

New Tenchi Muyo soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=z6ow-owjguA

Because they tend to be too painful to watch, or worse than the shit we got here.

>Think SMJ is waifufaggotry
>Ends up making me cry like a little bitch

A lot of 90s stuff is generally a pain to find if it wasn't SM or DBZ tier popular.

Christ that looks off.

Is this what happens when someone attempts the 90s aesthetic with 2016 technology? Fucking hell, mess.

the tops of their heads look smashed
G
R
O
S
S

>not watching superior 70s anime

>anime
>it's just a series of panning still images

90's anime is very widely available.

Trying to find lesser known shows from the 80s and earlier is a real nightmare, especially in quality better than LD

Someone please rescue the Lady Lynn BDs

At least hentai got better, right?

which tenchis is it based off?

>a bunch of new jurai-ans I don't give a fuck about and a new girl that's probably a fiance.

I don't know what I expected but this is what I didn't want.

>he thinks I don't watch the best time period

Gunsmith Cats BDs when?

>even more new characters to take away from the precious screen time Ryoko could be having instead
OVA 3 was a mistake and so is this. They should've just kept making lots of great one-off shows like they did with El-Hazard instead of milking it.

>he prefers 90s over 80s

80s > 90s > 70s > 60s

Damn Macross is ugly

90's style is best

You're ugly

Magic Knight Rayearth S2 has some fantastic art.

A shame the other aspects of the show aren't as great.

I really liked the second season of Magic Knight Rayearth

Wow, I haven't finished it yet but the direction and story telling have been pretty flat and messy in my opinion. I feel the first season was better despite it's simplicity and pacing issues in the middle.

I still like S2 for various reasons though. Hikaru is adorable as always and Lantis is 2kakoi.

I wish we had Marionettes remastered.

Waiting for those glorious G Gundam BDs.

Looks like EG has 1-24 done now.

>thinking SMJ is above being waifu faggotry just because it's great

Also, Cherry was my true OG waifu

>you lived long enough to witness the final battle between Domon And Master Asia in BD quality
>you lived long enough to witness Domon and Rain's Burger King attack in BD quality

I can't fucking wait.

Rayearth is my shit... except for that OVA.... seriously, wtf happened?

I still need to see that one. I don't like the new character designs, but I will see it.

It looks great for the first 3 episodes then it starts to tank until you get episodes 9-13 that are just terrible, the art never manages to recover

Not him but to be fair Belladonna was an experimental 70s film that used paintings to tell the story. You should have felt at least something during the rape scene.

bump

90s was better, it has best girl in it.

I remember it was on TV a couple of times, but I never gave it a proper chance. Is it worth watching or is it SM-tier monster of the week with almost no plot where everything resets after an episode.

I saw the first episode of Kodocha, but my download had awful subtitles so need to find it somewhere else.
Or just stream.
Annoying when the subtitles are that bad.

The designs are more to CLAMP's designs, faggot.

But GA was 2000

I prefer the anime designs. The hair colours are wrong in the OVA to me.

This. I love Saber Marionette even if it's your typical harem. Although it was a bit more innocent than the stuff we have now. It helps that the genre wasn't as exploited back then so I wasn't as annoyed by the cliches.

Truly felt bad for Tigress. I was happy when she got fixed in the OVA. Even with that choppy animation.

I watched 90s anime in the 90s. Including seeing how J to X ruined Saber Marionette.

CLAMP hated how the anime changed the story from the manga. So they took more control over the OAV. And surprise, CLAMP sucks at telling a story.

I think MKR would make much better use of a modern reboot/sequel than stuff like Card Captor Sakura.

CCS is already a timeless anime and making a new one is a big risk but MKR have a story that could really improve with current methods. I would love to see the spells, landscapes and Rune Gods duking it out all in their glorious HD majesty. Also Hikari, Umi and Fuu will be interesting leads when shown to anew generation of fans. They're heroic, capable and powerful but the story don't feel the need of rubbing it in the audience's faces nor downgrade their flaws and vulnerabilities (heck, the main meat of S2 is Hikaru facing and accepting her shortcomings). If only they weren't so blinded by CCS's popularity.

Magic Knight Rayearth is the show that needs the modern retake treatment.

But its not true. Saber Marionette J is not childish. And has a pretty strong scifi sub plot. And does a lot of things people want in more modern harems. Especially every girl winning at the end.

CCS is so big that any sequel, no matter how good, is going to anger the fanbase. MKR was popular, but not to absolutely rabid levels. And the series has already been ruined by a bad OAV so a new remake isn't out of the question.

But instead of remaking all these popular shows, they should be remaking shows that actually need a remake to fix story and animation issues. Top of that list would be Lost Universe.

>90s was better, it has best girl in it.

You're right, it did.

But a modern MKR would ruin the artstyle. The character designs are great, the colours, just the overall art. A remake wouldn't look anywhere close to as good as the original. The eyes would look creepy, the colours flat and sterile, and no charm to the linework. And the robots would be in horrible CG. And could they get the original voice actors? Probably not.

Lost Universe is not CLAMP. But you're right in that it would be nice to see it updated.

Back to CLAMP they could also try on stuff that never saw the light besides cameos or little videos like CLAMP School Detectives or its Sentai Spin Off. Or an RGVeda anime.

I can't find it in any quality, except Italian dub.

I'm a huge Slayers fan, but I couldn't stand Lost Universe. The plot was so subpar, it felt as if the majority of episodes could've been considered a filler. Also that overuse of shitty 3D didn't help either.

I know its not CLAMP. But I'm just pointing out 90s shows as a whole that need a remake. Rumors are stirring that 3x3 Eyes is getting a new project. Hopefully its a full show and not another OAV.

>And could they get the original voice actors? Probably not.
I saw the Latin dub so I'm not as troubled by that.

Lucy, Anais y Marina, venceran....

Hence why it needs a remake. The story was actually quite good and the ending rivals Slayers NEXT. But there was a fire in the studio and they had to redo over half the show in a matter of weeks.

>animes

I watched 90s anime .. in 90s. I cant watch anything before 2000 atm (or nowadays even 2010) since the style, storytelling and visuals are just not appealing anymore as they once were: with exception of rare thing, but having actually lived and watched anime through last three decades: theres nothing i didnt watch that i`d want to watch now. No urge to rewatching old stuff either.

See no point telling younger people to watch all of it too, since old stuff is not automatically better and largely irrelevant today. I`d rather watch the worst show of currently airing season, than one from 80s or 90s.

Then again, watching season after season year after year i dont even have backlog, and all i want is NEW stuff, and woudnt even watch stuff i skipped season before since pretty much only interested in airing stuff for discussion purposes since it makes me feel like i am watching it not alone.

You have classic nostalgia. I used to be like you. It wasn't until I found Princess Tutu that I accepted a post 2000 anime could be as good as stuff in the 90s. And then eventually I watched so much that the majority of my favorite shows came out after 2000.

That'a the thing with many 90s series, the 90's had a lot of goofy shit and silliness in general but many series, including SMJ dealt with rather serious and deeper topics. I mean SMJ is basically about A.I, questions about what it means to be a human, what it means to be alive are the core of the story. If you can put up with the over the top-ness it remains as an alright series with decent entertainment.

Has some dope moments as well.
youtu.be/vO3XF0pvVfE?t=17m40s

Even if the only reason you watch anime is to talk about it, there are still 90s anime worth watching. Evangelion still gets daily threads, and many other 90s anime also get threads from time to time. It's also useful to have something to compare new anime to when you talk about them. Your discussions get more shallow if you have no grasp of the classics.

Nigger, what.

>mfw I only watched Magical Girl Pretty Sammy in its entirety because our local library had them.

Man, our library had a good amount of anime back then. Good stuff.

I'm glad I get to talk about anime and manga with you and others.

I want to get into 90's anime, but I get bored watching them.

Sorry they have character development and more than 12 episodes.

Tenchi's VA sounds like some variety show narrator

>largely irrelevant
How would a good story suddenly become bad after 20+ years?

>Has some dope moments as well
Saber Marionette was a modest series but I always loved how they switched from goofy comedy to hearth stringing tension with flowing ease.

Pic related had me at the edge of my seat back in the day. It gave me a nostalgic chill watching the scene again to take a this screencap.

The answer is that anime rarely have good stories and even when they do that's not what people appreciate or look for in anime.

But I do watch 90s anime user. I actually just rewatched Rurouni Kenshin, it was still pretty great. Saitou vs. Kenshin is still one of the greatest anime fights, top 5 material honestly. I didn't really like Tsuiokuhen though, it was really underwhelming and melodramatic.

So it's "irrelevant" because it's cooler to stuff yourself with forgetable ongoing shows so that you can shitpost about it with Sup Forums?

I was God tier Sci-fi fan then during its golden days. Anime was way way too outlandish and off putting in the 90s. Absolutely hated it and avoided it like the plague. Somewhere around 2005 and 6 as it was starting to clean up its act and start sexually exploiting middle and high school girls did I give it another shot. I liked it so I stayed. It appealed to the catgirl/kemonomimi fetish I developed.

I haven't really watched any anime since around 2011 or 12. I might come back someday.

It's a topic anyone on Sup Forums can say something about.
If it's your first day on here and you don't know anything about anime at all this is where you can throw your two cents in.

>The answer is that anime rarely have good stories
Stugeon's Law works for any medium, not just anime. 90% of TV shows from America also suck.

>and even when they do that's not what people appreciate or look for in anime.
Translation: Its not like Cowboy Bebop so it sux!

Get over yourself dude.

Yes, or at least that's the reason most people watch anime. They want to talk about the hot new thing with other fans and even if when they branch out into older classics it's for similar reasons. I'm not saying this is a good thing but from observing how most fans behave this is what seems to be the case.

I didn't mention Sturgeon's law or Cowboy Bebop. Maybe stop projecting so hard dude.

>Saber Marionette was a modest series
What does that even mean?

>but I always loved how they switched from goofy comedy to hearth stringing tension with flowing ease.
A lot of 90s shows did that. Which is why I suspect some people claim the 90s shows were better. But its kind of dumb since there's plenty of post 2000 shows that did this same thing. And 'feel' like a 90s show. There's also plenty of 90s shows that didn't follow that formula at all.

>I didn't mention Sturgeon's law
You kind of did. Claiming the majority of something sucks is pretty much pointing out Sturgeon's Law, even if you don't know what it is. And that guy is right. Anime is no different from other mediums in having lots of bad shows. So pointing it out is effectively a null point.

Don't fall for the 90s anime meme, that's why it's just a meme.

>Don't fall for anime meme