30-something soyboys, goyboys, omega-males and their "culture"...

30-something soyboys, goyboys, omega-males and their "culture". Why are north American "men" so obsessed with this stupid superhero/sci-fi/fantasy shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/07/my_name_is_michael_bay_and_i_j.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thats just the stories youre being fed. We are but simple meme farmers

If that was purely contained in the US I wouldn't be troubled at all.
But it is spreading. People like that exist even in Bulgaria, a country which I thought would be immune to this shit.

>Why are north American "men" so obsessed with this stupid superhero/sci-fi/fantasy shit?
Not important. What is important is to dehumanized yourself and face to bloodshed.

>goyboys

Kek

It's their ubermensch

Agreed. We always had a good bullying culture here in Britain, where this "nerd" culture was kept on the fringes. Now it's everywhere.

Don't you find yourself reviewing what you liked while teen - music etc? I'm 27 and come back to what impressed my in 13.

That's how human psyche works and this is what they were fed.

It really is strange

Out of all the things you can autostically nerd out over, you choose guys wearing capes and spandex?

Súper héroes are not cool. They have never been cool. Maybe Marvel was kind of ok at one time, but that's about it. There is nothing to connect to a super hero with, they are usually rich guys who spend their money to become alpha Chad heroes. It's usually not even based on merit, why would you find that inspiring?

Just super bizarre.

I'm surprised why I don't see more Last Psychiatrist stuff on here.

>Hey, fuckly, listen to me, my movies exist because of women, because they've driven men batshit crazy into 'man caves' and Call Of Duty XI. Did they have giant robot movies in the 1930s and 40s? No, all of those movies had dance numbers. Back when a guy could punch a dame for overcooking a chicken there was no shame in watching some fool tap dance his way through WWII. Now these bitches expect you to change a diaper and shave your balls? Fuck that. Giant robots.

>No guy feels emasculated by women, at all. He thinks men in general are emasculated by women, but not himself. His rage is that since women have emasculated everyone else, he's forced to sublimate his own urges to fit into this emasculated society. So he's holding two contradictory ideas: that he himself is man enough to resist the emasculization that women impose on men; and simultaneously justify why he isn't the man he thinks he should be. In essence, he's created the perfect explanation for why he is, and rationalization for becoming, Nietzsche's Last Man.

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/07/my_name_is_michael_bay_and_i_j.html

I liked Star Wars when I was 12. Then I grew up and saw it for what it was. A series of films with terrible plots, acting and dialogue.

I didn't watch it, but this is simply not true. It has a mythology behind it that replies traditional mythologies. A hero's journey of classical myths, that's why it catches imagination of so many and is a successful franchise.

Americans psychologists write PhDs about it

I'm aware of the influence Joseph Campbell had on Lucas. But Star Wars is the most shittiest manifestation of a Hero's Journey you could have.

what would be some of the best?

Probably cause they all get paid to be obsessed with those things.

>"Did you see the new _________ movie??"
nope

Jews

>the most shittiest manifestation of a Hero's Journey you could have.
No

implying America didn't have S tier bullying before

>Why are north American "men" so obsessed with this stupid superhero/sci-fi/fantasy shit?
unironically all of it is the jews

It's not strange in the slightest; it's simply a power fantasy that comes pre-package with an 'opt-out' feature.

Think about batman; he dons cape and hood and runs around righting wrongs with different high-tech gadgets for anything that appears while never actually changing the status quo - the joker will always have room to return and kill innocent bystanders so long as batman believes in 'doing the right thing' over 'solving the problem'.

Worse than that, batman risks nothing by running around in his cape. He can simply remove it and become himself again; any social faux pas or error that might have been commited while masked can be easily washed away and everything can be reset.

Superman is no different; he's literally invincible. Dr Who is similarly immortal but effectively can change and become a different person every now and then (in a number of cases directly after fucking up in some manner, or more often as a martyr with scripts that read directly from 80's star trek fanfiction where the writer's self insert dies because she was too good for this world, except the doctor can pull this trick twice before breakfast).

For the people who follow this obsessively it's an escape from their own lives where they have no power and do nothing to one where they have power and continue to do nothing; but always have the choice to immediately retract any responsibility that having the power offers them.

You started the fad of portraying bullies in films like how you portray Nazis. One-sided fucks who are Satan-incarnates. That's the origin of the rise of the soyboys. By glorifying wimps and weirdos.

Superheroes are fucking lame, I hope Hollywood chokes on its nerd fetish

Lord of the rings m8

yes and no.
Lords of the ring is more about an union, gathering your strenght to cause.

Star Wars planted fashy seeds in my mind at a young age. There's nothing wrong with genre fiction, these wimps would cut the balls off anything they got their hands on.

Watching actors in spandex punch and shoot lasers at each other for 90 minutes fills me with more existential dread than any silent black and white film ever could. It's empty calories in visual format.

because the story is simple enough (if not non-existant), and the visual pretty enough without looking TOO childhish like a proper cartoon.

I think they subconsciously understand how fucked society is and their love of superheros is an expression of their desire for someone to come along and solve its problems. The depictions of ordinary people bravely standing up against impossible odds we saw in older "nerd culture" like LOTR have been replaced rather pathetically with the hope to see super-humans doing all the difficult work for us.

This guy is hilarious, thanks for the tip

>superhero/sci-fi/fantasy
Not many people care about these things, it's just how the jewish media tries to frame pop culture.

Holy shit in the top right batman one does that say "KEK PICK"?

because they don't have hussars

edit:: i might be trolling above, but it is also my serious answer

Superhero movies are all the rage because modern CGI has enabled live action to do just about anything that's possible in animation. Hollywood got handed this CGI thing and this is what they do with it. Superhero stories can actually benefit from the new-but-people-have-gotten-over-it-long-ago tech.

These people are trying to make money talking about something - which is not the same as people talking about something because they want to, and they need something with a wide audience to talk about. Hence superhero movies.

Too be fair it seems like an easy way to make some money

There is not a modicum of an inkling of a high holy fucking fuck that I could give about motherfucking superheroes. I hate this shitty fucking retard meme for cock sucking dipshit palookas.