Nerds are becoming Chads thanks to DNA editing

>Some have begun to hack their DNA, in other words, to modify their genetic material without scientific supervision at home, using genetic tools that can be traded on the Internet as well. Biologist Josh Zayer, who previously worked at NASA, is the first person to become known to have intervened on his own DNA by modifying his genes with the CRISPR method, according to New Scientist.

>Zainer recorded and transmitted live on Facebook himself while he inserted the modified DNA with a syringe to the body. Following on in his tracks, other biochemers are preparing to do something similar or have already done it, without stating it.

>Zainer is trying to become stronger by removing the gene for myostatin, which regulates muscle strength. After removing the gene with the powerful CRISPR gene manipulation technique, he then inserts in to his body a copy of the corrected DNA, hoping he would obviously gain superhuman powers.

theweeklyobserver.com/biohackers-tease-dna-unknown-consequences/28657/

What a time to be alive.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaranjavirus#Lake_Chad_virus
youtube.com/watch?v=Nk46d0ST8VI
nbcnews.com/id/5278028/ns/health-genetics/t/genetic-mutationturns-tot-superboy/
phys.org/news/2017-05-crispr-gene-hundreds-unintended-mutations.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nerds are losing power because silicon valley lost authority.

Reign of the geeks has ended.

>people fucking up their own bodies with plasmids and viruses
there are simpler methods for masochism

>pic
that's a bacteriofag

AAAAAAAAH IT WASNT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THISSHHHHLRROPSiaodspscöy

Dont give a fuck about your science ya fuckin dim cunt, jus tell me when I can breed my own 200lb Arya Stark brappp slaves.

i think it's fake news, no one would risk fucking up their only body for a chance of super powers
I hope not at least

i mean fuck, you either gotta be really stupid or really brave

nah, you would most likely become one big lump of cancer
then it will be outlawes

You best be joking, LaDarius.

What a bunch of effeminate faggots.

Nope, it's teh tabac mosaic virus afaik (?)

I hope it works so i can become a white Chad and get white girlfriend.

Filthy FEV rejects, die all of them. Executions.

>no one would risk fucking up their only body for a chance of super powers
Are you serious?

>race mixed plastic splicers

america sure is a great nation

Why would you? It's not worth the trouble desu

Never underestimate the capacity of someone to do something stupid. No matter how clever they may be.

Like this trying to edit out myostatin, I doubt that the guy doing it will have stopped to think to himself "wait, maybe myostatin is actually important to a person's health". No, he'll have seen that myostatin is used to stop muscles growing, make the link to no myostatin = huge gainz and decided based on that.

Who would not want to edit their DNA and become superhuman? You could adjust your I.Q then turn yourself into looking like one of the monsters from the film Alien with all their abilities and hunt down the sub-creatures and save the planet?

ok so what was the result did it work or not?

No it's not. It's a Bacteriophage

$10 says he gets an enlarged heart and has to get a new one

Everyone would

if you see an incredible hulk tier rampage on TV you know it worked

>biologist
They are bad biologists or they are autistic engineers that have read a Dawkins book and now consider themselves biologists.
I can understand re-adding something removed (lactose intolerance) but the myostatin example is simply retarded

I would instantly do it if i could have my hair back and now how to :(

that would be funny also his asshole cock and balls falling off from that shit in syringe would also be funny

>by removing the gene for myostatin
This won't end well

Myostatin albeit might sound like something we should get rid of to become Hulk-mode without even exercising, it's actually what limits the muscles from expanding un-eavenly.

Also it affects internal organs so if you have heart problems or something its gonna get worse.

That bet sucks. He WILL need a new heart if he manages to get his myostatin levels low enough.
Though on the bright side if they manage to get him an artificial one that doesn't suck he'll be able to keep his superhuman(yes low myostatin = can actually beat a professional weight lifter who has normal levels) physique without having to keep changing hearts because of irregular growths.

If worse comes to worse he might die of malnutrition or a ripped stomach because he'll have to gozzle down mass quantities of food to keep his muscles fed which would at the time siphon a lot of nutrients(because nothing limits its growth/hyperthrophy) unlike a normal person's

Why not just alter our DNA so we can interact with machines better?

We're already machines albeit out of flesh if we balance out it with the metal/digital ones we'll become perfect.

forgot pic

>Zainer is trying to become stronger by removing the gene for myostatin, which regulates muscle strength
Retarded cuck will end up melting his muscles.

>removing a gene that regulates your muscles
that sounds incredibly fucking stupid to do

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaranjavirus#Lake_Chad_virus

>melting his muscles
No he's just gonna get so swole at a certain point that he'll die of malnutrition and "maybe" his skeletal structure will suffer because of all that weight.

If I recall correctly muscles weight more than fat.

>that sounds incredibly fucking stupid to do
Nah, it's actually got potential.

I can see this becoming standard issue conditioning in the military of the future.

The problem is that it will fuck them up and lower their lifespan but allow them to perform beyond any human capabilities.

The trannies pretty much do the same for social justice super powers.

In the 15th century great things were accomplished in medecine by doing very useless and very gruesome things.

i cant believe "people" are arguing ITT as if they have even the slightest clue of what theyre talking about

>If I recall correctly muscles weight more than fat.

One pound of muscle weighs fucking one pound and one pound of fat also weighs one fucking pound

How the fuck did this MUSCLE MAGICALLY WEIGHS MORE myth start, it's like saying one pound of sand is more than one pound of rocks

Think he means in a human body. If there is more fat than muscles, muscles will still weigh more than fat.

One cm^3 of muscles weight more than one cm^3 of fat

Pretty much.
Like technology medicine starts off crude and cumbersome but in the end we've got hand held communication devices and a life span that would leave our ancestors a gasp.

Also fuck this shit, I'd edit my DNA to become a fucking werewolf

I know that, but 1kg of fat is as much as 1kg of muscle

Muscle is denser than fat it doesn't weigh more

No, muscle is far more dense than fat, so an inch of muscle added to your arm will be heavier than an inch of fat. It is really simple, user, it's science, not a meme.

Density nigger. Same volume of tissue--muscle weighs more than fat because it's denser. I've cut down a lot of cadavers, seen lardasses and bodybuilders, body builder legs weighed more than skinny fats because of this fact.

And start a twilight-esque romance story?

>After removing the gene with the powerful CRISPR gene manipulation technique, he then inserts in to his body a copy of the corrected DNA, hoping he would obviously gain superhuman powers.

We can gain superhuman powers simply by awakening our siddhis. In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson (end of part 1)

I can see getting lucky by adding a gene, but I don't see how you're going to remove one.

(start of part 2) You can awaken your siddhis through samyama, which is a state of consciousness in which one perceives the fundamental level of 'reality' where a perceiving subject (like you, for example) is merged with your perceived object. For example, to achieve laghima siddhi, you have to perform samyama on the lightness of a feather (for example) so that you become as light as that feather (or that you become the lightness of that feather, if you want to look at it that way). (end of part 2)

I'd probably just go to a furry convention and get pussy

Or fuck a dog

(start of part 3) Some people sneer at the siddhis because they do not believe in their existence, others because they think it is noble and spiritual to despise them. Both attitudes proceed from ignorance. Like that kike Jesus Christ said truly "Be in the world, but not of the world." If you realise that this world is naught but Maya and are not attached to it, then you can play with it and have fun with it. Siddhis only keep you tied to samsara if you are attached to them. The siddhis in and of themselves are neither good nor evil, but represent the next level of both humanity's physical evolution and humanity's mental evolution. Siddhis are only a spiritual hazard if you are attached to them. Yogis know that the siddhis can be a distraction to the true spiritual goal of moksha if they are not used properly and that is why they NEVER use their siddhis for ego-based reasons, but ONLY to help other people without ANY desire to be rewarded and also as calling cards to make people accept that there is indeed a spiritual component to 'reality' that exists beyond the reach of the five senses. Anime won't ever BECOME 'real' because anime is ALREADY 'real' in an infinite number of universes. Anime is not 'real' here, but it IS 'real'. What we call 'reality' is illusory and therefore malleable. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY TO BEGIN WITH. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT FOR PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF (WHICH IS INFINITE AND ETERNAL). I shall use manojava siddhi (the ability to instantly take your body wherever your mind goes) to teleport into a universe where anime is 'real' and make sweet, sweet love to one of my waifus there. Indians can teach us how to enter these other universes to make sweet, sweet love to our waifus through manojava siddhi. (end)

We don't know if Zayner's myostatin plan actually works yet. Probably doesn't. We shall see.

You again, dude show me one faggot whose made his cock as large as the universe

desu I think gene editing is a bit too new worldy for me.

I hope it doesn't become mainstream

Splicing is totally shway norm

>youtube.com/watch?v=Nk46d0ST8VI

Yeah he's a dumbass. He should have tried to edit the gene's regulation so that its selectively expressed in skeletal muscle instead of performing a global modification.

I so want to get into Hinduism because its the oldest white religion but those stupid brown people ruined it all.

Pretty much proves that history is cyclical and what's happening now is what killed the ancient world's spirit.

We're getting head transplants, and since the progressive system has taken a rise recently, I don't think it'll be too long before this becomes a trend. Even if not on a professional scale, just like this dude, people will start buying stuff online and experiment in home. Bet it's the Hollywood that has kept some of these psychos scared of it.

>You again

kek

>dude show me one faggot whose made his cock as large as the universe

No, but I'll continue posting my siddhi copypastas. :P

What a glorious cyberpunk future we are entering

Top lel

>He should have tried to edit the gene's regulation so that its selectively expressed in skeletal muscle instead of performing a global modification
Do you know how intricate of a procedure that would be? Not to mention the costs and qualified personnel needed to execute it?

It's far easier to buy an inhibitor from illegal places and half-assedly DIY.

welcome to Sup Forums

Dude indians can't even shit in the toilet and they keep calling me about my electricity bill

tfw your only motivation towards siddhi stuff is to make anime real

itt: we continue perpetuating the myth that gene editing and CRISPr is some sort of science magic that can turn people into aryan ubermensch

>I'll continue posting my siddhi copypastas. :P
Why?
I'm certain I've seen you before. What do you hope to gain by posting that stuff?

Are you compensating for something, because it feels that way. Desperation I guess.

It's like organ rejection but in every cell of your body. Not good.

What about that one guy from stan lee superhumans series who could bend steel hammers? He's pretty old.

Even if anime was real
Even if your waifu in particular war real
She/He would never love you, sorry

and how do these morons expect by inserting spliced DNA that they are going to do anything but literally give themselves cancer

The mind and body are intertwined.
What happens in the mind echoes in the body and vice versa.

If you place a white person's consciousness in a black man's body they'll start acting more niggerdly than usual.

But

if you place a black subhuman's consciousness in a cloned "white" body he/she will start acting like a white person aka not a chimp, well not entirely but more than enough to be a benefit to humanity.

A body is a vehicle, if you drive a ferrari then you'll have more of a chance to be rich on the inside, though it's not always so, human nature and all.

Fake news. Human DNA cannot be modified as easily as plasmids. You need a way for the DNA to enter a human cell.

>She/He would never love you, sorry

Wrong. My waifus unconditionally love me forever. Also, you will never get the Falkland Islands.

>He's pretty old.
Was he born with lower myostatin levels or used inhibitors? If yes, then his levels aren't low enough to make that much a drastic change.

how can something which does not even exist love you?

Beneficial mutations have happened before

well its already known what the drawbacks are since there where mutations and the chinks actually modified some dogs without it.

One of the effects are that bone formation gets reduced, or in other words you get rheumatoid arthritis.

So you are like a super muscular granny, that breaks a bone when you hit something

Obviously, at least one thing exists (you). So we know that something exists (you). If something exists, then everything MUST exist. This means that anime exists, albeit in an infinite number of other universes. Manojava siddhi can enable us to teleport into these universes where anime is 'real'.

>Autist begs for "Siddhis" on a mongolian fishing board
>wants to use them to get to his 2D waifu some fish eyed gooks drew out of their perversion
>wonders why he doesn't have superpowers yet

>at least one thing exists (you)
Debatable but i suppose acceptable to some degree
>So we know that something exists (you). If something exists, then everything MUST exist
How does existance for a singular being prove the existance of everything else?
>in an infinite number of other universes
Which are completely unreachable to you and everyone else.
Also if that is true, then that means that at least there is a universe which has sent people across the gap of universes, but this has not taken place for there is no evidence this has happened therefore it is incorrect and there are no such things as infinite universes
Also anime is 2D so how precicely would you make it compatible to a universe were stuff is 3D?

>Dr. Lavel-Batz warns against...
>(((Lavel-Batz)))
The experts have weighed in, goys. Guess we should just shut it down.

>at home CRISPR gene editing kits apparently have been available to buy since 2016(!?)
>world's first head to body (body to head? Whatever I don't know which is more accurate) transplant is going to occur in 2 weeks

Guys. No seriously. This is bad. Like I'm not a Luddite or anything, but I have a seriously, seriously bad feeling about this. We are messing with things we maybe shouldn't be messing with.

>tfw no BBW Thing waifu
Worst fucking timeline

meh Jews were always against biological augmentations/modifactions mainly because of people like Dr.Mengele.

Kikes like Zuckerberg for instance would rather see everyone live in a fleshless matrix of delusions than seek balance in form of genetic/racial perfection.

A single CRISPR edit can introduce hundreds of random mutations into your DNA. This kind of thing will be a shit-filter for all the science-is-my-religion-tards. Muh transhumanism biohaxx0r shit is a ploy to fuck up your ability for higher consciousness and connection with divinity. /x/ aside, it's also just completely stupid in a totally material, practical sense. You're just making yourself into a guinea pig for biotech being developed by the worst people in the world for terrible purposes.

>myostatin gene
Doth thou even hoist?

Apparently some humans have that condition naturally and they are very strong.

nbcnews.com/id/5278028/ns/health-genetics/t/genetic-mutationturns-tot-superboy/

Two such people had a babby and it inherited both copies. lol

>Somewhere in Germany is a baby Superman, born in Berlin with bulging arm and leg muscles. Not yet 5, he can hold seven-pound weights with arms extended, something many adults cannot do. He has muscles twice the size of other kids his age and half their body fat.

This is pure retardation. It would only have a tiny effect because most behavior is regulated by the brain. The biochemical things that happen in the body have only a small effect on things. Especially after age 20 or so.

Just make an airborn virus that makes niggers infertile. Wtf it's been more than fucking 6 years now that we know how to guide Cas9.

forgot link
phys.org/news/2017-05-crispr-gene-hundreds-unintended-mutations.html

What if we make a superhuman army of clones? with this genetic alterations?

>Oh look. A new technology still has some kinks in it. Let's ditch it altogether

I completely agree with you. (((Transhumanism))) is just a Jewish ploy to turn the goyim into even more mindless robots than they already are (but this time literally!).

You know that would affect too much "white" people in the USA.

The Turner Diaries never took the endemic miscegenation of americans into account.

I was very surprised when I looked up and found it wasn't an american flag that was attached to this retarded post.

Congrats user, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were shitposting.

HI guys, am I chad yet?

actually Elizabeth Parrish already did this... and she's like super healthy now.

MY FINAL FORM

Inject myself with something funded almost entirely by the left? What could go wrong

> It would only have a tiny effect because most behavior is regulated by the brain.
Let me put this way.

if you have a primitive radio will it capture radio signals and emulate them into sound just as well as a modern and complex radio?

Same deal basically.

If you wake up as a black guy tomorrow you will keep your memory but your future actions/reasoning will not be the same as how you were before. You essentially become something like a mental doppelganger. You're dead, your body that is but you live on another life in another body, past memories or not.

That's what I mean by it's very important to have both a perfect mind and perfect body. Even if you lack the first your perfect body will let you be able to develop it thanks to the specific genes and brain it comes with.

Now the only hard part here is to properly "exhume" the energetic consciousness of a person in order to transfer it. Rejection is impossible unless the new host body isn't brain dead/already taken but you will change just like your body.

(checked)
Even Satan knows. I think the /x/ stuff is going to start coming back online soon so they have to fuck up people's genetics before that happens. Gotta sell fake super powers to people through thinly disguised enslavement mechanisms like genetic modification and transhumanist tech, before they realize the real powers are already there to be had.