Looking back, how did you feel about 2016?

Looking back, how did you feel about 2016?

I would say it was rather lacklustre in terms of anime. 2017 looks much more promising.

Very solid year. Far as the 2010s go, I would say that it goes 2011 > 2012 > 2014 > 2016 > 2013 > 2015 > 2010.

It was a watchable year.

This year wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. It suffered from something worse - being mediocre. So I would describe it as uninspiring, humdrum, lackluster, forgettable.

'good enough'
'just ok'

A lot of mediocre/average shows, but it had a few that ended up being my all-time favorites.

Best year in anime since 2011.

It wasn't a hyper amazing year but was pretty good all around.

There were a few high profile attempts at making something notable/breakout such as haifuri, kabaneri, flipflappers etc and I applaud that, that at least some studios are trying. Otherwise lots of nice cute shows all over the place like new game, konosuba and shakunetsu, and some high profile shows like BnHA and Jojo part 4.. Brave witches should have been done better and that really pisses me the fuck off but other than that, I really can't complain, people will for sure look back and go "this was a pretty solid year".

Funny that you would make this thread with the best anime of the last two seasons, Saiki-kun.

Keit-ai was the only thing worth watching

Re:Zero shook the world 2016 is the best year for anime. No anime has ever done that in the history.

cheap bait

Re:Zero are the most popular show on Sup Forums since KLK.

OPM was much more popular than reeeeeeeeeeee:ddit zero though

I think it was decent, I don't think any shows were really amazing or wow you must watch this.

They pretty much announced all the good shit for 2017.

People don't give 2011 enough credit.

(you)

KLK was never really popular on Sup Forums because it was just overhyped shit.

Boring year.

2015 shows may be an extreme case of hit or miss but I'd rather have that than 2016's safe hype.

It was pretty shit in all honesty. 2015 wasn't amazing by any means but there were a lot more memorable shows, in my opinion.

2016 has been the worst year of my life, the anime sucked, my life sucked, and I want to die.

>Reddit zero
>good

It was a great year and Hibike was unarguably AOTY.

Wow, that's too positive, I kinda agree with this

2016 was the year of memes.
The most exiting year in a while

>Konosuba
>Re:Zero
>Sakamato
>Koe no katachi
>Kizu
>Ur name
>Thunderbolt Fantasy
>Mob 100
>Luluco
>Boku no hero
>Cuck story
>Kiznaiver
>Joker game
>Rakugo
>Jojo
>Tales
>Ikoman
Great year.

Shows I rated 7 or higher and popular shows that caused memes and shitposting on Sup Forums.

>2016
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo
Oshiete! Galko-chan
Dagashi Kashi
Grimgar
Sekkou Boys
Kono Suba
Osomatsu-san (2 cour)
Boku dake ga Inai Machi/Erased
Koukaku no Pandora
Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
Concrete Revolutio 2
Kuma Miko
Luluco
JoJo P4
Tanaka-kun
Mayoiga
Kiznaiver
Kabaneri
Re:Zero
91 Days
New Game!
Danganronpa 3
Mob Psycho 100
Flip Flappers
Hibike! Euphonium 2
Shuumatsu no Izetta
3-gatsu no Lion
Yuri!!! on Ice
Occultic;Nine
WWW.Working!!
Natsume Yuujinchou Go
Gi(a)rlish Number
Fune wo Amu

This year had more airing shows per season but it had the same amount of good shows as last year.
Also there were more memorable shows and more shows for shitposting/creating memes. I like this year on Sup Forums even though some seasons were pretty meh for me show wise.

is this the secret saiki thread

Everyone's always bitching how the current year sucks and the next one looks better every year and yet I always find quite a lot of shows to enjoy.

>tfw only about 5 people watched Saiki
Why is it so underrated? I genuinely laughed and had a fun time with it, why didn't you, Sup Forums?

In terms of TV probably the worst year in a long time. There are a few movies I'm interested in though.

I plan to watch it.

Honestly not that good. It was filled with average shows with the occasional gem but it also had a ton of shit. Might just be me getting sick of yet another isekai or harem comedy shows though

But it gave us Joker Game

Low standards?

It was pretty shitty. Anyone got that yearly round-up chart template? Like aots, aoty, favourite male char, female char etc.

>muh high standarts
in Soviet Russia we call it "teen maximalism"

Re zero wiped the floor for 2016. It's not the story but the reaction and threads is just awesome, it was a great journey and i havent been excited towards anime in long time

The reaction videos are pretty entertaining

What?

>The reaction videos are pretty entertaining
You almost had me, but this gave you away.

Watching people losing tneir shit is awesome, re zero having most episode ended up in cliffhanger is also awesome

The threads on Sup Forums when it was live / release day is great. Eps 18 have a life changing potential, at least for me

Lots of solid shows this year barring the summer.

Flip Flappers brightened an otherwise mediocre 2016 year.