Is Lelouch the most well-written protagonist in anime?

Is Lelouch the most well-written protagonist in anime?

Hard to say he's the most well-written but he's definitely one of the most endearing and captivating protagonists.

I don't know about that. He is is the most fabulous one though.

Yes. Not even Shinsekai's Saki nor Rakugo's Sukeroku can measure up.

No. But he's magnificent anyway.

Not even close

If you've only watched 50 anime then yes
Shinsekai Yori had a good plot but generally with a few exceptions terrible characters

He is pretty much still the king of well-written MCs in anime, but there is some problems to his character which can be considered a deal breaker. Though he has something to him, which most MCs nowadays down have.

>but generally with a few exceptions terrible characters
Only plebs think Saki isn't a great character. It was a buildingsroman. But I guess unless we have pointles monologues, people can't understand shit.

No, he's not even he most well-written character in his own show. I'm almost certain that the people who praise Code Geass are those who watched it years ago as teenagers and it left an impression on them hence why they drive a sense of delusion whenever they praise it as anything more than schlock. Looking back its hilarious how fucking chuuni this show is and how its no different from the abundant amount of shit we continue to get every season.

Unironically yes. He's one of the few MCs with ambition, greed, some sense of a moral code, a spine and determination. He isn't a preachy righteous faggot, nor is he an edgy cunt that kills people for fun because he's wicked and nihilistic with a sense of humor.

eh, Geass is probably an above average show, and the fact that Lelouch is hammy as fuck actually works in its favor

But its like a 7/10

>Geass is probably an above average show,
Nope.
>and the fact that Lelouch is hammy as fuck actually works in its favor
He's just a clown and anyone above the age of 14 would find his behavior cringeworthy

>not enjoying watching a ridiculously over the top character be hammy and fun

Tell me more about how mature you are.

Guilty as charged, but I rewatch regularly fearing I'll find flaws, but it stays my favorite. For a few reasons:
- pacing is like no other shows and I love it
- CLAMP designs are god tier
- dialogue flows great and is never superflous
- it's so dense you can always find something new
There are just no other anime like it.

I watched it for the first time when I was 25 and I inadvertantly binged it. It's rare to have such a large cast and manage to not leave so many of them out. My favorite characters ended up being Orange and the tvguy though.

I was honestly pretty turned off by Lelouches VA whenever he was doing his bigshot voice, like when he runs into CC for the first time after getting his Geass, it always felt way overacted whenever he used his Zero voice but it was no doubt the intent. Still bugged the shit out of me.

if not the best, then definitely in the top 5

>It's rare to have such a large cast and manage to not leave so many of them out.
You didn't watch this show did you?

probably not even the best written protag in a taniguchi show. he was entertaining as hell though.

>My favorite characters ended up being Orange
god-tier taste user.

He's good because unlike 90% of anime MCs, he's neither the nicest guy you'll ever meet, nor twisted fucking psycopath. Plus his chuuni act is fun

No, but damn, Code Geass, for all of it's faults, was endearing to watch.
One of the few animu I more or less marathoned - probably beacuse I watch too many as they air, I watched CG in 2008, but still, usually I have to do something else after two or three episodes.
I would really love another animu that keeps me gripped enough to watch in a day or two, but there's no way to know before. I remember that I fully expected to get bored with CG after a few episodes.

Well I mean compared to other shows that have 9+ characters? Recent ones? I mean there was Cross Ange, sort of? Mayoiga? Did they really handle their cast as well as Code Geass did?

I can honestly barely even think of shows that have a big ass ensemble cast that are done somewhat competently aside from a handful of big names like DRRR or Baccano, and those may even be arguable.

>. It's rare to have such a large cast and manage to not leave so many of them out.
Most of the cast is irrelevant outside the two leads. The female leads get put on a bus in the second season and don't amount to anything everyone else is either stupid or irrelevant or both.
>- pacing is like no other shows
Watch every Aniplex original show ever
>- CLAMP designs are god tier
They're Kimura imitating CLAMP's style
>- dialogue flows great and is never superflous
Oh boy....lot's of overdrought exposition and characters detailing their motive. Just like my Japanese animes.
>- it's so dense you can always find something new
Yes a new plot hole
>There are just no other anime like it.
Watch more anime

I watched it for the first time last week. I'm almost 30. I expected a silly trainwreck like a slightly less shitty Cross Ange, and it ended up being one of my favorite shows. You're trying too hard to sound like an adult.

>cringe
Your home is that-a-way >>>/plebbit/

Here is my reply.

>Well I mean compared to other shows that have 9+ characters?
Diamond is Unbreakable both handle their characters better. Code Geass only has two characters with anything resembling an arc with the rest only existing to make them look good.
Why do people fabricate bullshit like this? You're just making yourself look stupid admitting your tastes is terrible.

>schlock
>chuuni
That doesn't make anything bad or unenjoyable.
Just low-brow.
Code Geass is competently made schlock, for me it absolutely knew what buttons to push to keep me watching and watching, until I watched the entire first part in a Saturday.

>They're Kimura imitating CLAMP's style
they hired CLAMP to do the character designs

>50 geass threads a day again
I didn't miss it.

>Mayoiga
Mayoiga was an all-out atrocity.
Cross Ange shouldn't even named in the same sentence, because it was fun and knew what it was.

CLAMP did the concert art retard. Kimura did the designs for the actual show.

>PS I'm a Jojofag
Now you've overplayed your hand.

>Diamond is Unbreakable
Most of the cast is irrelevant outside the two leads.

>Cross Ange shouldn't even named in the same sentence, because it was fun and knew what it was.

And now with Sup Forums being dominated by Sup Forums to make things fun!
Isn't that wonderful?

What else was somewhat recent with larger casts?

What? Josuke gets less screentime than Kouichi and Rohan

Look,you're comparing the guy who mooches Cheetos with the Zodiac Killer here.

Screentime doesn't need to equal relevancy to the plot, also the context of the post chain is implying that the antagonist is one of the leads.

I hate it!

Josuke is the main lead and is mostly just a bystander, he doesn't have a personal grudge against the villain and is absent through some major events

Jotaro takes a backseat through most of the arc

Kouichi has a character arc and gets more screentime than Josuke

Rohan was a villain of the week who took the spotlight and has more ties to the plot than Josuke

All the other characters get focused and contribute to the plot in some fashion

That is nothing like Code Geass which forgot most of its cast as it went along.

I'm not saying it's good, but I consider it enjoyable schlock.
And it always knew how schlocky it was.
Mayoiga was made by delusional people (judging by some producers' comments) who managed to do nothing right.

Just a while ago I saw another CG thread descend into a Sup Forumstard shitfest.
Neat.

>Screentime doesn't need to equal relevancy to the plot,
Rohan has more ties to the plot given that the death of his former babysitter was to drive to capture the serial killer who will come into play in the next episode.

Hayato has more of a personal emitty to Kira because he killed his dad

Josuke literally only wants to take down Kira because he killed Fatty outside that there is no personal emitty towards the both of the,/

>also the context of the post chain is implying that the antagonist is one of the leads.
Then you're a fucking idiot.

Are you implying that neither Lelouch nor Suzaku were antagonists at some point for the majority of the show? That's what the context was. The original post said that the cast of code geass was irrelevant outside of the two leads. Do you know what context even is?

The chain was about Jojo retard not Code Geass. A lead can be a protagonist or antagonist. What the hell are you even going on about?

>code gayass
>well written

'no'

>implying

He's written to be likeable, sure, and he's a fun power fantasy with fabulous hair and keikaku. That's pretty much it.

>code gayass

Been a while since I heard that, nice to see that not all of the posters are neo Sup Forums

>He's written to be likeable
KEK

see
>. It's rare to have such a large cast and manage to not leave so many of them out
reply was
>Most of the cast is irrelevant outside the two leads. The female leads get put on a bus in the second season and don't amount to anything everyone else is either stupid or irrelevant or both.

This is entirely talking about code geass's leads, not jojos.

see
This is what you responded that started the chain you fucking idiot.

Are you high?
Read the fucking reply you idiot. I wasn't even a part of this stupid shit

see
Are you legit fucking stupid that you don't even know who you replied too?

That was literally a drive by shitpost by someone who probably isn't even here anymore who was mocking that persons entire post, who's contents consisted essentially of "I disagree" but without explaining why.

THIS so bad.

I am watching anime since the age of 3, I've watched a thousands ofthem, slowed down since I became an adult with all due resonsabilities and Code Geass is still one of the most enjoyable show I've watched.

It does have its flaws, likemost anime, but most characters, acing, actions and MC made it great.

I'd like to know what are this other user favorites shows for being thiis condescending with everyone who doesn't agree with us. Not enjoying is right, being all purist and most intelligent that all of us.

Cool story bro

This is an excellent phonepost falseflag.

>Jojofags taking a one line shitpost as argument instead of the actual ones
This thread is comedy.

Why is it that not agreeing with you means being full of shit ? Maturity is not just a word. Talk about those O so divine anime for a change instead of being all "that's shit for kids"

>I watched it for the first time last week. I'm almost 30. I expected a silly trainwreck like a slightly less shitty Cross Ange,

That's exactly what Code Geass is to me, something like Valvrave I just watched it to unfold the absurdness and laugh my ass off.
Sure I had fun but It was not in particularly anything breathtaking just mindless fun.

Is this the most retarded bait ever?

Its hilarious if something like Mahouka had aired before Code Geass you retards would have eaten it up. Tats would be considered well written and his antics would be considered entertaining

Given that he's part of a show that is known for being badly written I would find that rather unlikely.

Noes, Mahouka character design is ugly as fuck, already a no.

>implying Clamp noodle people designs are good looking and not retarded as fuck

Mahouka was cool, but there's nothing that goes as high on the raw entertainment value as CG. And most times, that's all that matters - just how entertained you are.

He's one who marked anime history, that's already an answer.

hes the prettiest for sure. i watched code geass as a kid cause i wanted to pound his boi pucci. if im fucking 10 and i want to tame your ass, you have a life threatening hormone disorder.

>Mahouka character design is ugly as fuck,
Have you looked in a mirror lately?

His antics are entertaining. He's literally batman who invents flying and also trained with bald ninjas in a mountain. In the middle of a massive fucking city. Also he's Jesus.

Clamp draw magnificent designs, their body shape is one thing, their face/hair design is another. Who cares if you disagree, their success didn't come from their storytelling.

Yeah and I'm pretty handsome; Now chara design doesn't equal animation thank you (and especially the worst part of it)

>6 new replies directly to the OP
>1 new IP
So this, is the power of autism huh? Not bad.

Clamp draws ugly fujoshit garbage.

ya whatever

That one looks bad, but also fucking hilarious. It's memeable just like the whole show.

Just look at this and tell me it's not the greatest design of anything ever.

>clamp

This thread is Jojofags VS Geassfags ? Jesus.

Jojofags still upset over CG threads archiving their >general the day R3 was announced.

Ahahahaha, shame, makes one wish for everyfucking geass character thread

this

Also
>Anime character
>Well written
I dare you to name one

>I dare you to name one
Yang from LOGH

When you think about it Orange was the one that had won in the end.
The only known personbesides Lelouch's fuckbuddies(Suzaku and C.C) which knew of the plan.
He achieved an redemption that was so great that he became such big of a meme that his face alone represents the show
Then he became the one thing he hated the most: becoming an orange farmer, which also implies for him to have a great loli as his companion.
He truly never deserved being this based, but the bastard somehow made us all love him.

I genuinely hated him at first and could not believe how fucking based he was by the end.

True,I readdly didn't care about him when he died and came back then...badass

No. Kiritsugu is.

>LOGH
>well written

I CONTINUE TO FIGHT

Lelouch

Prove me wrong.

>well written
>muh geass can infiltrate and sabotage anything for some reason

I don't know but he's one of the most iconic anime character of all time, nobody can deny this.

>A power that lets him control minds allows him to infiltrate places easily
Just because you wouldn't use it for anything other than telling girls to lift their shirts doesn't mean that nobody else could figure out how to use it.

>Shit geass
>Well written
Kill yourself fat faggot.

>camera security be like "yo this nigga is rigging a bomb but stopping or telling someone ain't my job"

Iconic for being in a meme anime

>Is in the dark about everything in regards to what Marianne was doing and sides with the very man who killed her so he still hasn't redeemed himself of anything
>Only true accomplishment is beating a shitty KMF pilot
>Is still a massive joke that people take seriously for some odd reason because he became a meme
This show is so stupid it hurts