Rate the studios based on their recent works (and can count upcomming if you are convinced they`d be good)...

Rate the studios based on their recent works (and can count upcomming if you are convinced they`d be good). No "past glory" and "they did AOTY 10 years ago!". Objectively evaluate their performance and production capacity and talent based on last 2-3 years.

God tier:
Kyoto Animation
J.C. Staff
MAPPA

Great tier:
Xebec
Studio Shuka
Kinema Citrus

Good tier:
Oriental Light and Magic
diomedea
A-1 Pictures
Gonzo
GoHands
Trigger
P.A. Works

Ok tier:
Studio Deen
Silverlink
Bones
Lerche
White Fox
Dogakobo
Seven
Project No.9
Trojka

Meh tier:
Actas
POLYGON PICTURES
Deadhouse
Sanzigen
3hz
Seven Arcs
Satelight
TMS
LIDENFILMS
Millepensee
Studio Gokumi
Asread
Production IMS
Wit Studio

Shit tier:
Shaft
Creators in Pack
Sunrise
Shin-Ei Animation
Toei
ZEXCS
Production I.G
Hoods
David Production
Ajia-Do
Pierrot
8bit
Lay-duce
ufotable

Pluse be bankrupt now tier:
Tatsunoko
Brains Base
Bridge

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_TRO1iJ4d-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

KyoAni is the only anime studio.

Meh tier:
Everyone.

Sunrise exists. Also it slacks much.

>God tier:
>Kyoto Animation
Stopped reading here.
They haven't made anything good in 5 years.

>They haven't made anything "I LIKED" in 5 years.
Everything they made is not just good, but better than absolutely everything other studios do.

>2016 was 5 years ago
Time flies

>Toei Shit tier
Whatever you say

>god tier
>mappa
>the ones currently airing gay nonsense soap operas with quality animation

>apologists defending mediocre to shit works
Like clockwork.

Bones Apologists? Where?!

Bones have been doing much better than Kyoani lately, as strange as it sounds.
Space Dandy, Mob, BBB, Concrete Revolution, all much better than what Kyoani have been able to put out since Hyouka.

Wow! Really summoned one!

Why are you listing mediocre to shit works?

>the.simpsons
Stopped reading here.

mappa is complete garbage and has not produced a single good show yet

>Production I.G
>Shit

I can't even begin to imagine how biased someone has to be to call Space Dandy mediocre, maybe even praising Phantom World at the same time.

>Space Dandy
>good
No one even remembers this show

You studiowarriors are still a bunch of boring dullards.

At least change your fucking discussion style so that you're funny, or add some relevant news in your shitposting when you call out each others favorite studio as garbage.

Kyoani has never produced anything good, your taste is empirically shit

>based on last 2-3 years
Based on that it's between Silver Link and Dogakobo. Maybe, just maybe Feel and also Kinema Citrus.

What has SL done so amazing in the last 3 years?

Says a fan of the studio that never produced anything above mediocre and should have just stayed in Sunrise instead of becoming its poor imitation

Sunrise haven't made anything good in even longer than Kyoani.

>Space Dandy, Mob
Good
>BBB, Concrete Revolution
Shit

Non Non Biyori 1 and 2, Yurikuma Arashi, Anne Happy, Tanaka, Ange Vierge and No-Rin.

LL Sunshine is better animated, directed and sold than anything Bones did. Oscar winning Miss Hokusai and 4k explosion of animation which is Thunderbolt.

Bones sadly cries in a corner.

I have troubles considering YKA a SL show, just like considering Penguindrum Brain's Base's and Utena JC Staff's.

>Shaming KyoAni: The Thread

you even put on God Tier Sarcastically , i like how Op does his Threads!

>LL Sunshine is better animated, directed
I'm gonna hurl

While one can argue about shows themselves, they are not examples of good production though - except maybe Tanaka which looked fine. All of the others looked from cheap to terrible.

For example Kinema Citrus deserves high rating since it shows actually showcase good work put into them and consistent quality. Same cant be said about Silverlink - it remains low tier studio, since it cant actually produce decent animation/quality outside of OAVs.

Just because Ikuhara is involved doesn't mean the studio doesn't create the show. He is not going to create anything on his own.

You are just envious your favorite genre doesnt get this threatment so you have to be happy with QUALITY and stills, rather than actual big studio doing actual animation.

>implying anything that isn't kyoani, shaft, jc staff, sunrise, xebec, bones, deen, madhouse, pierrot, ufotable is relevant

Seriously? YKA, NNB and Anne Happy all looked good, especially NNB which was fantastic. You haven't watched any of these shows I feel.

>shaft
>deadhouse
>ufotable
relevant

And xebec, deen and pierrot are only episodically relevant.

No he's right. Animation-wise they're largely par for the course it just doesn't seem that way because both the NNB director and Shinbo's right hand hack are amazing at making shows look good with the bare minimum amount of budget.

It's a complement to the directors but not the actual studio itself.

I did and YKA was cheaper version of Penguindrum, losing a lot in comparison and while having pretty backgrounds didnt really stand out production wise. It had lot more potential would it be done by studio with proper resources.

NNB was just "ok" - ok as generic sol show, not standing out in quality or animation at all.

Anne Happy was a wreck in many aspects, that coudnt live up to Baka to Test visual style, since they put less resources into it - even No-Rin was slightly better, but still not up to level.

Only Tanaka didnt actually had things to complain about, but it wasnt a fancy show to begin with. Compared to say production quality of JC Staff`s Flying Witch, there is no competition even.

>LL Sunshine is better animated, directed than anything Bones did
At least don't make it that obvious.
And Miss Hokusai is IG.
Funny, since Dandy better coraographed, actually hand drawn dance scenes than LL.

>Anne Happy was a wreck in many aspects
You are actually fucking high.

This is such a retarded argument, the studio created those effects and backgrounds whether you like it or not. No one doubts the influence of specific directors and key people but it's still the studio that creates the product.

Hard to say which between YKA and Penguindrum had better art direction, but neither certainly looked cheap or terrible, don't be ridiculous.

>while having pretty backgrounds
>didnt really stand out production wise
And yet it looked good, had very nice character design as well.

>not standing out in quality
Sure it did, it's among the best shows when it comes to backgrounds. Character design maybe not so much, sure.

>Anne Happy was a wreck in many aspects
I'm not seeing the mess here, it wasn't as good as the two other shows but mess? Yeah no.

>And Miss Hokusai is IG.
Its co-production of Sunrise, IG and Oriental Light and Magic. IG currently is meme studio that doesnt have own resources and outsources everything like A-1. So guess who did the actual animation?

Also, do you seriously want to imply Sunshine was badly animated? Dare to name a Bones show that was better. You clearly didnt watch the show and have no clue what you talk about and what resources Sunrise put in their currently most popular franchize. On side note - LL movie, while not as interesting as K-On one, easily beats it animation wise.

>Funny, since Dandy better coraographed,
Dandy had bits of webgen shit animators and pretty mediocre quality most of the time. Compared to actually decently animated shows, like Sunrise`s Bebop - it was shit. And there is simple manner of fact that LL simply had MORE animation than pretty much any other airing or recent show.

You're a fucking idiot.

I dont get where you AH fags come out now. When the show aired no one watched nor cared about it, so only see people defending it now - hoping that since small part watched it and season is past people forget how mediocre it was?

I love Oonuma direction and style, but Anne Happy was by no means "good" show - neither in quality of production, nor in quality of source material and humor. As said - poor imitation of Baka to Test.

Actually both looked cheap, never said terrible. Penguindrum is slightly better, despite Brain Base at the point they made it being shadow of its past glory.

Bullshit, there were threads for every episode and enough people in the threads. It was very well liked, you're delusional.

Confirmed for not watching the show. Fuck confirmed for not even being here in this season when it aired.

It was among the least watched shows the season it aired. Majority stopped watching it around episode 4 or so.

TO BE HERO this season have threads, does not mean its a great show.

No, you are confirmed to be part of delusional circlejerk. Just like the Gainax fags pretending Wish Upon the Pleiades was a decent anime, while they were simply left alone to circlejerk in the threads since everyone stopped caring to even troll them.

Stop talking out of your ass. Look buddy, we have archives --- the proof is in the pudding. You can stop baiting us now.

Take a pills from those delusions, dont embrass yourself even further. Nothing is as pathetic as few fans of irrelevant show acting out of their league in cultist zealoucy.

What are you even talking about, you're losing the plot man. No one implied that the number of people that are watching the show has anything to do with the quality oof said show. That wasn't even part of the discussion?

Why do you care for this number so much? There are enough shows that do not get attention on a large scale but still have there threads. Not every show has 70-100 people and multiple threads each day. I was in those threads, they were fine. No shitposting, just people watching the show. I don't know what you're deal or point is but it seems you're ignorant.

Maybe we have different definition about something looking cheap, because practically never I got the impression of the shows visuals suffering a lack of budget (except for one PD's QUALITY episode) and both were better looking than most stuff coming out the respective seasons.

In season Anne Happy aired it was completely overshadowed and made to be ignored and forgotten by: Bakuon, Flying Witch, Highschool Fleet, Kuma Miko, Kuromukuro, Negoge, Mayoiga, Macross Delta, Re:Zero, Kabaneri, Sakamoto, Sansha Sanyu, Tanaka Kun, Boku no Hero academy.

Hell, even 12-Sai was rated higher. Sorry, but you are delusional to think with this line up anyone even cared to remember such show existed after dropping it after first episodes.

The point was people trying to imply Anne Happy was somehow a better show than it was, which it wasnt. It was unpopular exactly for reason of its subpar quality - both in execution and source, so it simply coundt even compete with lineup of that season.

So peopel appearing out of woodwork zealously defending it baffle me - as there was nothing to defend about that show.

if it hit your special spot that made it enjoyable to you - fine. But dont pretend it was popular or actually "good" production wise.

>Dandy had bits of webgen shit animators and pretty mediocre quality most of the time
>LL simply had MORE animation than pretty much any other airing or recent show.
Again, you're trying way too hard.
>bringing up a 20 year old series
Just sad.

You're simply not using your brain.

If the show doesn't have many viewers to begin with, then it should be pretty obvious that there is only a small amount of people that can actually comment on it.
Anne Happy doesn't get any threads now, it barely ever comes up and if it does, people that have watched it will say they liked it.
There isn't any "appearing out of woodwork zealously defending it" because barely anyone talks about it. That doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the show, which was quite high in my eyes.

You're paranoid as can be seen in
>But dont pretend it was popular
since I never even talked about popularity. That was something you brought up. I never even thought of it since it is irrelevant to me.

If I wasn't convinced earlier now you've really outed yourself to be the revisionist here.

It all depends what you want to compare it to, and what expectation it has. Compared to Utena movie? Obviously both were cheap. Compared to Utena TV? I`d still say Utena looked better despite stock footage and rather cheap budget.

But better measure would be to compare to what those studios can do when they actually try: Brainbase right before Penguindrum made Kamisama dolls, which was maybe flop but lot better animated and effort put into it. Or compare to Kuragehime, which without fancy style still looked very good. Durarara. Spice and Wolf. Baccano at last.

The Style was good. The execution - animation (both in amount and quality), visual effects - could have been lot better. And we`ve seen a better example of artistic animation by other studios after it too.

Yurikuma is different case, since overall it looked cheap even compared to Penguindrum.

For example, a lot worse show by other "artistic" director [C], Nakamura, looked lot better
youtube.com/watch?v=_TRO1iJ4d-w

While for example his Tsuritama looked cheap and Gatchaman so-so.

>Trigger
>good

Whatever casual.

>revisionist
Its not me trying to imply a show barely anyone watched or remember to exist was more relevant than it was

It didnt had "many viewers", because all who started watching it in begining of season dropped it. Simple as that.

Utena movie obviously looks better, but the series? For me there's no doubt it looks way cheaper than both PD and YKA, even only for the simple fact of being more action heavy. Without even bringing up the duels, just take a look at the stills and shortcuts in episode 7.

Unfortunately for you it isn't as simple as that but what does it even matter? This was about quality until someone got so angry that he had to pull the discussion towards popularity, which is just irrelevant.

>MAPPA
Dead studio. They are committing workload suicide right now

The YoI bucks will keep them alive for years.
I just hope they'll get their shit together by the time of Dive!

>Anne Happy got around 5 threads that reached bump limit per episode
>shows like Bakuon, Haifuri and Kumamiko barely got 2 or 3
>shows like Tanaka-kun, Sansha Sanyou and Sakamoto barely made 1 that lasted for a couple of days
Don't look at me, nobody is discussing about the quality of a the shows anyways, but this guy is either the most retarded and delusional person I have seen this year, or simply the most retarded bait I have seen this year.