Why does Sup Forums hate isekai?

Why does Sup Forums hate isekai?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/dp/4086311690/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_cTWvybZX34HGV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We wouldn't if it wasn't always coupled with haremshit.

Its exclusively aimed at males most of the time and there are lots of females and moefags on this board

So they hate it because it doesn't pander to them

>Writer talk about how painfully average the MC is yet everyone loves him in the new world
>Writer copies the same stupid guild system and yen to gold conversion crap
>Writer always includes a token loli and an extended harem with no real character development other than wanting the MC's dick
>Writer almost always has the same generic teenage MC with slight differences

I just hate the shitty writers that infest any popular genre and the editors that push good writers to make it more generic.

>Sup Forums is one person

because they're so redundant now

whats the name of that one though, the one with a 'average in every way stats' MC who has a transmutation ability, falls into a dark hole filled with monsters and then fights way back becoming edgy mc edge? it was stupid but I want to see him get out

Arifureta and no you don't

It is widely agreed to be the worst Isekai series to ever get a light novel. Guy builds a handheld rail gun and a bunch of grenades out of rocks because his cheat power was low level earthbending from Avatar and the author constantly establishes stuff then completely ignored what he established (I read it until he met with the classmates again and regret all the time I spent reading).

Literally wasted premise the series.

I don't. I just hate nearly all manga that use isekai. There's a difference.

Very few people here understands what isekai is. Isekai is not a genre or a formula, Isekai is a setting and consist of placing characters in another world, anything beyond that is just inserting typical anime tropes with a Isekai setting.

I don't hate isekai. I just wish it was written better.

You usually get:

Well, it's Arifureta, or it's Dungeon Seeker. Exact same story due to plagiarization

Oh he gets out after volume 1, its THAT bad ... he also gets a harem after that.

Also he doesnt "fight",the writer after 3-4 chapters just puts him entirely on the overpowered level and then at the end olf volume 1 he puts him on "broken OP" territory-

You could read the first WN volume but it just get worst, really fucking worst.

Liza best grill

Shit gets repetitive and blends together after a while. It's either generic magic fantasy with elf shit or edgy rape shit. It's fine when it's done in parody though, but that's like only 1% of the genre.

>Why does Sup Forums hate isekai?
Because it's all just mediocre as fuck. Like if you went to a library and picked up a random fantasy book, then you'd probably get a more interesting story.

it somehow gets worse as it progresses

Envy.

Yeah, I can't even read it without cringing anymore. Guess I'm getting too old for this shit.

Depends.

Because the majority of Isekai are boring and don't do anything fun.

It's why people are actually into the Yamcha Isekai, because it's about something people actually have thought about.

"If you as a normal human were thrust into the Dragonball world, could your knowledge of the world mechanics allows you suceed?"

The best Isekai are the ones that try and do something a little different.

Like what if you got reincarnated as your least favorite character in a series?

Or if you were reincarnated as the mid boss of a story.

Or reincarnated as the animal sidekick of a character and now you're stuck trying to fix shit that goes wrong without being able to communicate?

We have enough "Character gets reborn as SUPER OP in new world because of X"

Hey, at least in Arifureta, the MC is competent and has a "fuck all" attitude. He polishes his own skills and wasnt even the type that had OP power when he first started. Hell, he even ate monster meat to survive the first dungeon. Threw away most of his humanity and shit.

As for the harem, he didnt even want it. He says that he was fine with his first waifu from the dungeon and rejects the second girl and the girls afterwards (then he warms up to them and such). The girls just cling to him and he just... lets them do it I suppose. He tells them to do what they want. Dude gives no fucks about the world and only wants to return to his own. This is just me but I like it. It's not inherently edgy, and MC's a cool guy

As for Dungeon Seeker. MC gets cucked and then a road of cringy bullshit involving easy healing and a gun that doesnt even fit the era of the world. I mean he just finds it! And then there is a sadistic god that looks like a child and a servant who just wants to die. Makes no sense so I dropped it.

Oh look it's this thread again.

Because bunch of retards thinks isekai = Japanese MC in fantasy setting with harem. They are either so jaded or too retarded to understand that Isekai = MC stuck in different world, which makes Alice in Wonderland, Gulliver's Adventures and Narnia examples of this setting.

Does this have a translation? I'm only getting twitter posts when I google it.

No one hate the genre, i only hate generic battle harem shit
Pic related is isekai done right

To add onto this, a good Isekai must have the "different world" setting actually have some meaning. It's usually just a shitty ass excuse to have the MC randomly be a genius at everything.

I can sense the shitstorm that is approaching from my post

Will be released next year.
amazon.co.jp/dp/4086311690/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_cTWvybZX34HGV

>written by the author of Dragon Crisis
No fucking thanks.

>Oh look at this isekai story, it has an interesting premise
>and look, MC isnĀ“t broken as fuck
>a small amount of chapters in (but just big enough to start to get invested in the story) the author blows the load way too fucking early, the starting premise of the series is merely a paintjob over the same overpowered MC that has discovered some super rare use of his ability and now everyone is either sucking his dick or is about to
God fucking dammit, you fucking hacks. You just have to hold your fucking self insert boner off for a while, is it really that difficult to do?
Anyways, 99% of them end up like this

When thinking of a fantasy, you need to think about the differences between the rules you have established and the way things are, and what the implications of these are. Harry Potter is the normal world, but secretly these fantasy elements exist! But the magic people need to make sure to keep it a secret. Why? Because in real life we don't have magic.

Make your series happen in the real world, and the only fleshing out you need to do is wherever your fantasy differs from the real world, and you can base fantasy things on real world things and just explain it as the hidden side.

Conversely, if too much you do doesn't make sense existing within the real world, you make up your own world. You need to build the entire world from the ground up, and assumptions based on the real world can all be thrown out at a moment's notice.

The problem is most of these are just using generic dnd and video game system, become OP.

Maybe because many isekai are LN adaptations? Or at least that's what I've heard it known for, and that LNs are among the lowest kind of lowest-common-denominator mediums in japan. I don't know if either one is true, but Sup Forums likes to imagine itself as refined and credible so I can see why they'd lay down a blanket hate on it, just like with every popularly mass-consumed series ever.

Personally I like the genre but it seems like it suffers from the same problems as the uphill battle that magic battle high school harems have, which is that it needs good characters to work, and usually doesn't. The added problem though is that now you need to have a good setting, or else it's just uninteresting. So when you put those burdens on a trend that becomes all about replication and pandering, of course it's not going to go over well.

Did that end or is it still ongoing? Hope he at least fucked the Dragon loli.

>MC's best friend is overpowered
but his clumsiness hindered any effectiveness of the said powers.
>MC is even worse
So now that the dust is settled, we can agree that webm related is the ideal isekai right?

Grimgar was the last isekai series I genuinely enjoyed. I liked that the characters aren't stupid OP and actually struggle in the beginning just to kill shitty gobs. Made it feel somewhat realistic in a sense that random teenagers aren't gonna be able to just become warriors right away.

I also really like Yume and her butt. Sucks we'll never get a season 2.

I've legitimately thought about how you can twist the Yamcha concept into different series. Would be a good writing idea, if I ever had self-confidence in my writing skills.

>Jojo fan dies and wakes up as Hol Horse just before meeting the Stardust Crusaders - series his him trying to be a good guy, but being railroaded into a bad one by DIO
>Naruto fan dies and is reborn as Sakura - fucking hates the fact he's now the worst character in the series, and decides to do anything to change her fate
>Isekai where the MC is reborn as an NPC
>Isekai in a steampunk world
>Isekai in a vaporwave world
>Isekai fan and apocalypse fan enter each other's fantasies

>Alice in Wonderland
>Isekai.

It's a shroom trip documented, user-kun.

Has there been a Pokemon isekai yet? Seems like a no brainer

You don't even have to make it an actual series.

You can literally make it a story about some nerd being reincarnated into a fictional series they love as their most disliked character.

Then you make the story around it, both in the protagonist trying to get a better life, and also the protagonist trying to keep history on the same path otherwise they lose their only biggest advantage.

You fill it with ideas that you KNOW show up in almost all these stories.

Grimgar was a good idea that was ruined because they just used it as a promo for the shitty album, that's why we had all the stupid fucking montages instead of story. Don't get me wrong the pacing the rest of the time was fine by me, I actually liked it, but that was too much.

The only real complaint I have about the setup was that it made it feel like being an isekai was entirely unnecessary to the story. They never really get around to exploring anything about their circumstances or have it be involved in their new life now, you could've just called it a cast of characters with amnesia in the middle of a fantasy world trying to survive, and it would've been exactly the same. The isekai factor did nothing.

>>Naruto fan dies and is reborn as Sakura - fucking hates the fact he's now the worst character in the series, and decides to do anything to change her fate

goddamn that would be cool to read

Literally the premise of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games

>being an isekai was entirely unnecessary to the story
I agree to an extent. It felt unnecessary in the anime but I'm sure the author plans to use them being from another world as a plot point in the Lnventually

Never even heard of those to be honest. I'd watch a Pokemon isekai anime though

For all its flaws, I feel like Log Horizon handled the situation created by its premise the best. It's neither ignored nor overblown, and treated as a long-term project while still having to figure out how to live together in the meantime, and the problems with that seem naturally presented. Sure there's plenty of bullshit in the series too, but the way the story interacted with the setting was pretty good.

It's the most prominent side-series in Pokemon for a reason.

Duke's Daughter is very close to that, but it's not action-focused.

Death Flags kinda fits too? I mean, the MC is still OP, but he reincarnated into the villain so would be killed by the hero anyway.

Any LNfags in here? Is Dungeon Defense actually good or just edgy shit? I need an LN series that's good by isekai standards.

Is Robinson Crusoe Isekai?

Boo Boo is probably one of the better isekai since the difference between the real world and the isekai one is important. It helps that it's not reincarnation and there's an active reason for people to go o the isekai world, plus the MC is a native.

Better than anything mentioned itt. It starts out average with jrpg mechanics then it drops the whole game system altogether and goes on becoming amazing. I would argue that there is no harem, even if he has two girls who he sleeps with occasionally. He has a succubus waifu and a loli rapes him.

Nah, no world change. That would be more like survival fiction.

The John Carter series is isekai for sure, though.

>the loli rapist and the succubus are different
what

Are there any well written modern isekai stories? With isekai part being relevant, solid characterisation, decent overall plot, etc.?

It just feels like whole lot of wasted potential.

Cmon now, you know he's grooming the deadpan loli to be his future fuckslut, not just his general. The succubus waifu already gave the okay.

Are there any isekai with a loli or christmas cake mc?

Only one volume translated so far and the first one was so-so, but js06 said it picked up quite well in volume 2 as Kamachi novels tend to after the setting is established. Volume 1 is still better than most simply because the isekai actually means something since humans can travel back and forth to the isekai and real worlds freely.